Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,357 members, 7,780,965 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:32 AM

Tax Clearance Certificate Issue - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Tax Clearance Certificate Issue (1912 Views)

What To Do To Retrieve My Share Back After I Lost Share Certificate / Company Registration, Tax Matters And Financial Reports / Gtbank Reports Profit Before Tax Of N63.11billion In Half Year Audit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tax Clearance Certificate Issue by cmoney22222: 1:53pm On Apr 25, 2015
Help how do I get TTC for business name company? Any help pls. Can I get this in LSIR office, how long will it take
Re: Tax Clearance Certificate Issue by Pashim: 5:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
Hello@cmoney22222,

Before you get TCC your business/company must have commenced business for one financial year.
your said company mush first have remitted all necessary statutory levies to tax authority such as
VAT,Edu Tax,company income tax etc.
You will need to prepare a financial statement for that year so as to ascertain these tax figures.
If you business is yet to commence then you need prepare a statement of affairs. Take these documents
to FIRS,the one closest to your business office then apply for your TCC and it will be ready in 1 week.
Re: Tax Clearance Certificate Issue by cmoney22222: 5:40pm On Apr 26, 2015
Pashim:
Hello@cmoney22222,

Before you get TCC your business/company must have commenced business for one financial year.
your said company mush first have remitted all necessary statutory levies to tax authority such as
VAT,Edu Tax,company income tax etc.
You will need to prepare a financial statement for that year so as to ascertain these tax figures.
If you business is yet to commence then you need prepare a statement of affairs. Take these documents
to FIRS,the one closest to your business office then apply for your TCC and it will be ready in 1 week.

Thanks boss. Got you
Re: Tax Clearance Certificate Issue by ednut1(m): 5:29pm On Apr 27, 2015
did one back for a petroleum company last year, i presume the you have not commenced operations, u need to register for VAT and Company income tax, get a statement of affairs from a chartered accountant and start the processing, from my experience it took 2 weeks to get the TCC, had to stay close to the official there( this is nigeria u know how it goes )
Re: Tax Clearance Certificate Issue by Atk1nson(m): 11:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
cmoney22222:
Help how do I get TTC for business name company? Any help pls. Can I get this in LSIR office, how long will it take
Business Names are under the tax administration of the state revenue service(SBIR), they only issue TCC's for individuals/proprietors/employees. It's the FIRS that deals with corporate TCCs (for ltd, PLC and other forms of incorporated entities).
The LIRS will only issue d TCCs in the name of the proprietor/partners of the entity and not in the name of an unincorporated entity, a partnerships or sole proprietors.
Check http://www.lirs.gov.ng/faqs/faqs-on-etcc/ for more information. U can also quote my post if you have other tax issues you want clarification on

1 Like

Re: Tax Clearance Certificate Issue by cmoney22222: 7:09am On Apr 28, 2015
Atk1nson:

Business Names are under the tax administration of the state revenue service(SBIR), they only issue TCC's for individuals/proprietors/employees. It's the FIRS that deals with corporate TCCs (for ltd, PLC and other forms of incorporated entities).
The LIRS will only issue d TCCs in the name of the proprietor/partners of the entity and not in the name of an unincorporated entity, a partnerships or sole proprietors.
Check http://www.lirs.gov.ng/faqs/faqs-on-etcc/ for more information. U can also quote my post if you have other tax issues you want clarification on

Thank you sir, fully understood
Re: Tax Clearance Certificate Issue by nyabingi(m): 3:43pm On May 05, 2015
i intend registering a biz name soon, pls can u educate me on the importance of a tcc to my Business
Re: Tax Clearance Certificate Issue by Atk1nson(m): 8:46pm On May 06, 2015
nyabingi:
i intend registering a biz name soon, pls can u educate me on the importance of a tcc to my Business
without a current TCC, u may not be able to do business with most government and quasi-governmental institutions e.g bidding for contracts, applying for grants, loans from government. also if ur business runs into 'issues' with the state, presentation of latest TCC is usually requested for before d issue can be resolved.

Furthermore, if u don't start obtaining ur tcc after ur first tax year or soon after that, obtaining it subsequently would be much more difficult, because the tax authorities will naturally assume that ur failure to obtain it in d past was as a result of not discharging ur tax liabilities in full

(1) (Reply)

Opportunity To Make Millions Annually In The Housing Industry Now Available / Social Exchange Market Grants, Common Wealth Grants, Golden Bridge Grants,etc Et / Show Me An Online Investment Opportunity That Has Lasted Over 4 Years (modified)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.