Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,025 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Kazeem. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kazeem. (2657 Views)

My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil / Inside Kazeem's Dictionary: Nicknames For Car Parts / Get Recommended PSI before you go to that "kazeem vulcanizer". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kazeem. by boazic: 4:44pm On Apr 25, 2015
I saw this car in front of Kazeem's workshop and felt I could deliver it from it misery and torments out of Kazeem's hands. He asked if I'm a mechanic (lol. e be lyk dem don try taya come give up on d thing).
From my conversation with him, he insinuated that it's American and thus, difficult to fix.
How much unu think say make I price am?
Re: Kazeem. by boazic: 4:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
Thought the pix uploaded...gonna try to upload.
Re: Kazeem. by boazic: 4:53pm On Apr 25, 2015

Re: Kazeem. by boazic: 4:54pm On Apr 25, 2015

Re: Kazeem. by boazic: 4:55pm On Apr 25, 2015

Re: Kazeem. by boazic: 4:55pm On Apr 25, 2015

Re: Kazeem. by boazic: 4:56pm On Apr 25, 2015

Re: Kazeem. by boazic: 4:57pm On Apr 25, 2015

Re: Kazeem. by kelvine(m): 5:08pm On Apr 25, 2015
Can you fix it ? It has a very beautiful body. Following the thread.
Re: Kazeem. by DGD1(m): 6:27pm On Apr 25, 2015
the car looks nice, if u feel u can fix whatever is wrong with it.
I imagine driving this car in my street on a Saturday evening jamming *katapot by rekado banks* or *looku looku by Marvins*
u don turn chairman straight, one in town car, not lyk my pure water Camry.

2 Likes

Re: Kazeem. by samir101ng(m): 6:55pm On Apr 25, 2015
Wow !!!

Kazeem and his mates killing cars since 1000BC grin

If I am correct, that's a Cadillac CTS Manufactured by General Motors USA V6 Model 2003-2007 (wikipedia)

First things first to check out:

1. Engine

Is it running?!
What parts are missing?!
Does it require any major part to replace before functioning ?!

2. Electrical
What is the current state of the wiring in the car?!
Are all the fuses working?!
Do electrical components work?!

3. Suspension
What's the state of the tires and brake system?!
Are there any components missing?!

4. Interior
Leather or fabric seats?!
What's the extent of the damage and estimated cost of repair?!

5. Exhaust/Catalytic Converter
Is the cars exhaust in good shape?!
Is the check engine light on??

This is just a preliminary list that the op can get started on. Am sure the other more knowledgeable people on the forum can contribute more. As long as there are no major components missing and repairs are minimal, it can be a steal. Most times Kazeem is unable to diagnose a simple fault that can be detected through the use of diagnostics and OEM parts due to their limited knowledge and skills on less popular products.

Good luck and keep us updated.

1 Like

Re: Kazeem. by Readonee35L(m): 7:34pm On Apr 25, 2015
nice car thooo...
body looks perfect ..only needs wash...

Am very very offended by d owner of dt car, he must av waisted alot
...and kazeem dn use pumping machine suck all him money...
first of all check under dt hood
you might see a 99 camry engine dere.. no jokes..
if no.. then the v6 stock engine dere might be a little messed up...
Engine might be in good shape, whereby the cars electric components are higher than kazeems 2gb brain... making him render the useless to the owner...
that car looks good tho...i hav a feeling its a minor fault
Re: Kazeem. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:27pm On Apr 25, 2015
Boazic, don't let the fine exterior fool you, that car has electrical or transmission problems or both. The engine is almost indestructable and very cheap. Iv bought cars like this in the past, I never exceed 150k(you can bargain lower). Suspension and electricals for that car are not easy to come by. But if you have a strong mind why not.
Re: Kazeem. by sultaan(m): 8:59pm On Apr 25, 2015
Another good car destroyed

If you have some change take a look at the engine bay if they have not tampered too much with it then a battery and scan the ecu asking the owner question might help narrow things down but if you are interested throw them a bone lowball the owner because that is what they deserve.

Parts are cheap and abundant in the US you can even do this yourself with couple of youtube videos.

It is a great car with a powerful strong engine but knowing the details of the damage is important for you to estimate how much it will cost to put it back on the road a lowball is ~N400k if engine and trans are still in there. if they said they worked on it or overheat walk away.
Re: Kazeem. by boazic: 10:11pm On Apr 25, 2015
kazeem said it's overheats but i knw it's way beyond dt cos he kept asking if I'm a mechanic (cos he was surprised I'm interested in dr type of car). me dey rizin to price am 50k sha coolkazeem said it's overheats but i knw it's way beyond dt cos he kept asking if I'm a mechanic (cos he was surprised I'm interested in dr type of car). me dey rizin to price am 50k sha
Re: Kazeem. by idu1(m): 10:59pm On Apr 25, 2015
But are you mechanic? I hope you will not put yourself in trouble with that car undecided

1 Like

Re: Kazeem. by billy187(m): 11:48pm On Apr 25, 2015
Overheating? And they've salvaged the tires already? Did kazeem pop the hood? How did it look in there?

I would totally buy this car, provided the fellow accepts a sensible offer. If you have a reliable means of importing larger parts like the transmission from the US...why not? Parts of older models like this are ridiculously cheap at junk yards.
Re: Kazeem. by sultaan(m): 2:35am On Apr 26, 2015
billy187:
Overheating? And they've salvaged the tires already? Did kazeem pop the hood? How did it look in there?

I would totally buy this car, provided the fellow accepts a sensible offer. If you have a reliable means of importing larger parts like the transmission from the US...why not? Parts of older models like this are ridiculously cheap at junk yards.

The first generation will share a lot of parts with Impala. Part will be ridiculously cheap just have to know what has been done so as to make it quicker to undo

@N50k you are robbing the owner you will need to post pics of engine to compare to normal ones so we'll all see the carnage .

even if it over heats check the engine oil through dipstick for sign of moisture if the head gasket is good overheating is either a Nigeria phanto or damaged fuse/relay from wires being jumped to make fans run
Re: Kazeem. by Nobody: 2:48am On Apr 26, 2015
In my opinion, this is not even a worthy car when it's hasn't been in the hands of Kazeem.

It has no redeeming quality enough to dabble into the nightmare that it's going to take for it to ever work right.

Please don't ever be offended if I laugh on you repair threads - because I will.

Let me just start now for even considering an abandoned and battered 2000ish GM product grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Again, my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Kazeem. by boazic: 6:58am On Apr 26, 2015
@CityNg. Na true talk.
Visit some meko wrkshops and see how Kszeem has rendered cars hopeless. Actually thing one can get good bargains.
I kinda sighted engine parts inside the car(e be lyk i see d top cylinder sef inside d moto).
My broda, 50k na redemption price o. Can't reason anything higher cos persin neva knw how much d pimping go cost.
We should even have a thread for "Kazeem".

1 Like

Re: Kazeem. by nurey(m): 11:13am On Apr 26, 2015
I know this car and I see one at iwaya, in an area abandoned, the interior is extremely clean and leathery the colour is golden yellow. But I don't trust all this american cars especially their transmission. If interested you can go to joseph harrison street iwaya and look that car up and enquire on it.
Re: Kazeem. by abatically(m): 11:50am On Apr 26, 2015
CityNG:
In my opinion, this is not even a worthy car when it's hasn't been in the hands of Kazeem.

It has no redeeming quality enough to dabble into the nightmare that it's going to take for it to ever work right.

Please don't ever be offended if I laugh on you repair threads - because I will.

Let me just start now for even considering an abandoned and battered 2000ish GM product grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Again, my opinion.

U just spoke my mind, but I decided to shut up and give the benefit of doubt .
Re: Kazeem. by 9icetoo(m): 9:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
Buy it 50k and stick a v6 engine from another car into it. Simples. It will be extremely difficult to salvage that engine after all the trial and error that has been performed on it by kazeem. I am just being practical. If you can get the exact engine for that car from ladipo, then better.
Re: Kazeem. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
9icetoo:
Buy it 50k and stick a v6 engine from another car into it. Simples. It will be extremely difficult to salvage that engine after all the trial and error that has been performed on it by kazeem. I am just being practical. If you can get the exact engine for that car from ladipo, then better.

The original engine of that car is not up to 80k.
Re: Kazeem. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
CityNG:

Again, my opinion.

This is my mind spoken out by you.

1 Like

Re: Kazeem. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
Op count your costs before you get stuck....make sure you get a firm assistance commitment from Gazzuz n that laffing man cityNG ...thank me later!
Re: Kazeem. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 27, 2015
SmartChoices:
Op count your costs before you get stuck....make sure you get a firm assistance commitment from Gazzuz n that laffing man cityNG ...thank me later!

Assistance commitment? sad

No assistance is coming from me and neither did I offer one. I don't do GM products.

Try again. smiley
Re: Kazeem. by nurey(m): 6:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
Ol boy this car is only good when new, today I saw the recent version with its LED FOG lights fitted on K-leg shaped bumpers, inform of a dagger blade this CTS is badass, but when it start it wahala, kazeem go be badass.

1 Like

Re: Kazeem. by sultaan(m): 7:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
We all know what they say about uninformed opinion it it up to the op to figure out what is wrong with the car cost of repair and if he is willing to take on it
Re: Kazeem. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
sultaan:
We all know what they say about uninformed opinion it it up to the op to figure out what is wrong with the car cost of repair and if he is willing to take on it

Per OP "How much unu think say make I price am?"

OP asked for opinions, directly, and we are giving our individual opinions to him.

It is ultimately up to the OP to make a final decision.
Re: Kazeem. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 27, 2015
CityNG:

Assistance commitment? sad

No assistance is coming from me and neither did I offer one. I don't do GM products.

Try again. smiley
Op think twice...
Re: Kazeem. by sultaan(m): 10:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
SmartChoices:

Op think twice...

Common now how we go get story to tell the cost can be high but the rewards can be sweet .

If the car was a Hyundai or Porsche there will be those that will say don't do it and those that will say do it.

The only opinion that will count now will be from someone who owns this type of car hearsay are not reliable .

Op read reviews yourself that car is like a Merz or BMW not for mere mortals but real men i.e. luxurious

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peugeot 406 Or Honda End Of Discussion? Which Is Advisable / Which Clean SUV Can 2.8m Go For / What Car Has The Best Fuel Economy By Your Accessment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.