Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,547 members, 7,809,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President (34982 Views)

Breaking News: Omisore Unites Warring Osun PDP Factions / Fayose At Esuru To Reconcile PDP Factions (Photos) / PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by vicostyle20: 4:55pm On Apr 25, 2015
The PDP factions in the two chambers of the National Assembly are reportedly forming an alliance with some aggrieved APC members to produce a speaker and a senate president.

It has emerged that the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) is planning to capitalise on the failure of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to reach a consensus on the zoning of key offices in the incoming administration.

Some APC members, had, in a crucial meeting in Abuja on Thursday, April 23, disagreed on the zoning of the Senate President seat to the North-Central and Deputy Senate President to the North-East, as recommended by the party’s National Working Committee.

Reports say the PDP factions in the two chambers of theNational Assembly are forming an alliance with the aggrieved APC members to produce a speaker and a senate president different from candidates approved by the APC.

At the APC meeting, the office of the deputy speaker was reportedly zoned to the South-South.
A member of the alliance who spoke to journalists anonymously said the caucus will ensure that holders of the offices are not choices of the APC leaders.

“Although we are not disputing the fact that the APC should produce leaders of the National Assembly, we will ensure that those who will emerge are people we prefer, not the choices of the APC leaders.

“By doing that, we will snatch the control of the National Assembly from them, just as the APC controlled the House through Aminu Tambuwal,” the source said.

However, the APC National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, had in a statement earlier this week dismissed the reports of disagreement in the party over zoning of offices. He described the claims as ‘products of hyperactive rumour mills’.
http://pulse.ng/politics/in-abuja-apc-pdp-factions-form-alliance-to-produce-senate-president-id3697508.html

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by 9jvirgin(m): 4:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
Gobe

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by ShowYourCertificate: 5:35pm On Apr 25, 2015
Good development. The National House of Assembly should be free from Tinubu's stranglehold. This development will loosen Tinubu's grip on the upper chamber thereby allowing the senators perform their legislative duties as appropriate.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by babyfaceafrica: 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2015
The APC will produce the next senate president and speake of the ouse of assembly...PDP can mae alliances all they lke ,but no one is defecting to their party ,because as at today...PDP has been battered.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
The APC will produce the next senate president and speake of the ouse of assembly...PDP can mae alliances all they lke ,but no one is defecting to their party ,because as at today...PDP has been battered.

Seems understanding a few lines of text is a herculean task for you, so let me summarize the point you are most interested in.
vicostyle20:

“Although we are not disputing the fact that the APC should produce leaders of the National Assembly, we will ensure that those who will emerge are people we prefer, not the choices of the APC leaders.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by babyfaceafrica: 6:04pm On Apr 25, 2015
faceURfront:

Seems understanding a few lines of text is a herculean task for you, so let me summarize the point you are most interested in.
so?...still trash coming from them...APC leaders will produce their choice candidate....if they are not hapi about that...they can go and .....

4 Likes

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by WisdomFlakes: 6:05pm On Apr 25, 2015
Junk journalism. APC is yet to decided on the zoning of the offices in question so which "faction" are they talking about? Another PDP premature ejaculation. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 25, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
so?...still trash coming from them...APC leaders will produce their choice candidate....if they are not hapi about that...they can go and .....
Smh

4 Likes

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by saintgp(m): 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2015
waiting for lai muhammad to equally refute this...

3 Likes

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by PPAngel(f): 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2015
The PDP defections began in this same house.

I foresee another mass migrations

2 Likes

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 25, 2015
temitemi1:
See thieves grin grin cheesy. GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!

dude, the joke is stale already. you are overdoing it.

13 Likes

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by ifyan(m): 6:28pm On Apr 25, 2015
temitemi1:

Could this be true or am I dreaming.

You know. . .......
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by ifyan(m): 6:31pm On Apr 25, 2015
PPAngel:
The PDP defections began in this same house.

I foresee another mass migrations

That means new APC=nAPC .

Remember nPDP....

Let the game begins. ...

You know. .....

3 Likes

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by ShowYourCertificate: 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2015
saintgp:
waiting for lai muhammad to equally refute this...
His rebuttal is irrelevant here because it's the senators-elect that's making this statement/plan and not the APC leadership.

2 Likes

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by PPAngel(f): 6:47pm On Apr 25, 2015
ifyan:

That means new APC=nAPC .

Remember nPDP....

Let the game begins. ...

You know. .....

Tinubu's only ace in this new arrangement is to control the house to check Buhari.

Once this new govt is sworn in, we will see strange faces close to Buhari and they won't be Tinubu's men but that of Buhari's from the core north.

Tinubu is hoping on Akume a fellow drunk. But Akume lacks the carriage and clouth and being a Benue and Christian I don't see how he can control the northern muslims who will be staunch and blind Buhari supporters. David Mark's military background and air of consensus gave him the much deserved support and authority from the Senate.

The northerners are vieing for Saraki who they see as more or less a northerner like themselves with little or no links with Tinubu. Tinubu on the other hand sees Saraki as becoming too powerful and politically relevant given his links to both the north, middle belt and southwest.

Tinubu being a very cunning and smart man knows the only 2 politically relevant offices to emerge come may 29 is that of the President and Senate President. As things stand now, the only thing Tinubu has is the ceremonial slot of VP currently occupied by his manservant puppet, Osinbanjo.

Tinubu no go gree oh

23 Likes 9 Shares

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by Realdeals(m): 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2015
May is the word!
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
It would be the best thing for Nigeria's democracy if PDP is able to pull this off. We need a very very strong opposition to put pressure on the ruling party to deliver.

The short-sighted, bigoted and politically shallow folks in here (and in Nigeria) are not capable of seeing it from this angle though.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by ojaydedon(m): 6:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
hmm
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by boman2014: 6:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
The only available post for PDP is the deputy speaker for Tanoids in Nairaland by the name temitemi1

6 Likes

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by Rahmatuparker: 7:00pm On Apr 25, 2015
APC will produce d Senate President and not PDP.

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by hazyfm: 7:00pm On Apr 25, 2015
Can, t beliv ds
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by tola9ja: 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2015
Let me copy this i diot

Get my hero fayose my role model

BUHARI MY HERO. JAGABAN MY ROLE MODEL

6 Likes

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by tola9ja: 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2015
temitemi1:

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by Crown01: 7:01pm On Apr 25, 2015
Nonsense. This is not possible.
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by adaweezy(m): 7:02pm On Apr 25, 2015
when they are not drunk
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 25, 2015
temitemi1:

you are becoming a nuisance to this forum. The admin really need to knock you out. Product of corrupt programming

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by Reminez(m): 7:04pm On Apr 25, 2015
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by baybeeboi: 7:04pm On Apr 25, 2015
war
Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 25, 2015
The way APC is zoning this things will make us to shudder, @ the end of the day the candidate who is best liked and whom the whole members belive will protect their selfish interest will be voted for and not this APC nocturnal meetings that has been bastardised with godfatherism

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP Factions Form Alliance To Produce Senate President by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 25, 2015
They should keep on dreaming

They are planning something bad and yet they allow the media to get hold of their plans..

Dead on arrival

Not when Tinubu is still alive...

Continue planing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ACM AMOS SOBOSU: Burial Poster Of 22-Year-Old Nigerian Soldier Killed / The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! / EFCC Seizes Isah Yuguda's House (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.