Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

True Love (opinion) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / True Love (opinion) (415 Views)

Pictures : A True Love Story! Another Surprise Proposal (lovers From Age 16) / True Love (opinion) / What Are The Signs Of True Love From A Typical Naija Babe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

True Love (opinion) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 25, 2015
So, i just read there was once a section, and I decided to drop something to see how much romancelanders desire change.
It wasn't proofread, i made this up impromptu. So, add and refine please.

I've come to realize that love is actually a passive emotion. Something that we don't actively feel. Something like our heartbeat, or our breathing. I have derived a definition of love.
"The attraction and affection that we feel for something even after we have experience the worst it has to offer,"

Love is not a conscious decision. It's something that the heart develops on it's own. And it does not change our countenance nor does it get us excited. In fact, love takes very long to develop and is a gradual process. In fact, love does not have any sexual factor. It is completely unconditional and there often comes times when the individual cannot find a valid reason for the existence of this love.
People in love can never willingly part with each other or divorce. It's simply unthinkable. Why? Because people often divorce each other when a certain requirement(s) is not met, however, true love does not have a requirement and so, cannot allow separation.
However, most people of nowadays don't want this love, they would rather go with the more exciting and active emotion, infatuation. Where the individual feels an intense attraction to a person . . . 'because' of a certain trait. You see, one sure fire way to know true love is that fact that there are no reasons. You can't fall in love with someone because of something. It just happens. Anything else is infatuation and eventually, if it does not blossom into love, will die off and the couple will realize how much of strangers they are to themselves.
True love is not needed to start a relationship. However, it is needed to make it last. In the case of a man and woman being attracted to each other, infatuation does the job. But then for true love to blossom, they need to understand each other and be best friends.

Since this is a short post, i'll quickly wrap up everything by saying, if you want to experience true love, you must "know" your partner, be his/her close friend. Then your heart will decide whether it should love, or not. In which case, you'd simply become disinterested.

(1) (Reply)

Support It Or Nah.....a World Where Girls Can Confidently Ask Guys Out / Happy Birthday To Handsome Ardant Nairlander....dr Chyson / Ladies Be Wise!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.