Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,856 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:50 AM

Tribunal: Falana, Keyamo, 126 Others Offer Free Legal Service To 'melaye' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal: Falana, Keyamo, 126 Others Offer Free Legal Service To 'melaye' (2383 Views)

Twitter Reacts To Melaye's 'invasion' Of Bourdillon Road / Total War As Tinubu Declares An End To Melaye’s Political Journey (photos) / Supreme Court Announces 22 New SANs, Festus Keyamo Missing From The List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal: Falana, Keyamo, 126 Others Offer Free Legal Service To 'melaye' by Sirniyeh(m): 8:33pm On Apr 25, 2015
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/182007-election-petition-falana-rickey-tarfa-126-other-lawyers-offer-dino-melaye-free-legal-service.html

A team of Nigerian lawyers, numbering
about 128, have offered to defend
Senator-elect, Dino Melaye, who won
the Kogi West Senatorial District
election, but whose victory is now
been challenged by his Peoples
Democratic Party’s opponent, Smart
Adeyemi, at the state election tribunal.
Among the lawyers who have offered
free legal service to Mr. Melaye are
Femi Falana, Rickey Tarfa and Festus
Keyamo, and other 126 laywers.

Mr. Melaye revealed the offer of pro
bono legal service to him to
PREMIUM TIMES

Mr. Adeyemi, who is the incumbent
Senator representing Kogi West in the
Nigerian upper legislative chamber,
contested the March 28 election as the
candidate of the PDP.

Mr. Melaye was candidate of the All
Progressives Congress in the election.
The Independent National Electoral
Commission had returned Mr. Melaye
winner of the election, with 41,120
votes as against Mr. Adeyemi’s 38,148.
However, dissatisfied with the
outcome, the PDP candidate dragged
his APC challenger before the tribunal
sitting in Lokoja, the Kogi State
capital, alleging irregularities in the
conduct of the election as well as the
result declared by INEC.

In the petition filed by his counsel, J.
O. Olatoke, Mr. Adeyemi averred he
won the election, arguing he scored
majority of lawful votes.

“Melaye was declared the winner of the
election because of wrong and/or
incorrect computation of lawful votes
cast and intentional omission of collating results of
the polling units won by the petitioners and counting
of spoilt ballots,” Mr. Adeyemi said.

Further, he prayed the tribunal to hold that Mr.
Melaye was also not qualified as at the time of the
election to contest for the Kogi West Senatorial
District by reason of substantial non-compliance with
the provisions of the Electoral Act 2010 (as
amended), and therefore sought for his
disqualification as the candidate for the election.

“This is not a matter of boast, I have defeated him and
I will also defeat him, even if election is conducted
100 times, provided the election is free and fair,” Mr.
Melaye said on Friday.

Mr. Keyamo confirmed to PREMIUM TIMES he has
offered pro bono legal service to Mr. Melaye in
defence of the challenge from Mr. Adeyemi.
Mr. Falana could not be reached for comments. He
did not answer or return calls.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: Falana, Keyamo, 126 Others Offer Free Legal Service To 'melaye' by Dgreatestt: 8:39pm On Apr 25, 2015
Oya let the fight begin!!
Re: Tribunal: Falana, Keyamo, 126 Others Offer Free Legal Service To 'melaye' by henchamb(m): 8:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
Lol to smart
Re: Tribunal: Falana, Keyamo, 126 Others Offer Free Legal Service To 'melaye' by Soskid(m): 9:09pm On Apr 25, 2015
Dem no fit see draw.... Melaye of life.... Giving PDP headache since 1900

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: Falana, Keyamo, 126 Others Offer Free Legal Service To 'melaye' by tinuolababy(f): 9:14pm On Apr 25, 2015
Smart must be high on dry locust bean
Re: Tribunal: Falana, Keyamo, 126 Others Offer Free Legal Service To 'melaye' by sheymoni(m): 10:14pm On Apr 25, 2015
That smart is not smart at all. He want to spend his looted money on a case that would be adjourn till thy kingdom come

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: Falana, Keyamo, 126 Others Offer Free Legal Service To 'melaye' by Sirniyeh(m): 10:17pm On Apr 25, 2015
tinuolababy:
Smart must be high on dry locust bean

Haaaa remember he is your senator
Re: Tribunal: Falana, Keyamo, 126 Others Offer Free Legal Service To 'melaye' by ki02020(m): 10:18pm On Apr 25, 2015
Me offering my free service as oline observer....but op u dey lie so u didn't confirm from mr falana
Re: Tribunal: Falana, Keyamo, 126 Others Offer Free Legal Service To 'melaye' by Sirniyeh(m): 10:23pm On Apr 25, 2015
ki02020:
Me offering my free service as oline observer

Clapp For Yaa Selfie
Re: Tribunal: Falana, Keyamo, 126 Others Offer Free Legal Service To 'melaye' by idu1(m): 10:25pm On Apr 25, 2015
Now we finally know smart is an idiot....
Re: Tribunal: Falana, Keyamo, 126 Others Offer Free Legal Service To 'melaye' by iamrealdeji(m): 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2015
No one would vote in Smart Adeyemi because he's a thief,all he's doing is stealing and building massive hotels worth billions in Ilorin,Royal Shekinah hotel in Offa garage is something else,very beautiful hotel and another one in Ilorin,I heard he has another big hotel in Abuja and properties abroad,yay Kogi people don suffer,and this same Smart Adeyemi is always shouting they should seize properties from those that are embezzling,when he's the number one looter
Re: Tribunal: Falana, Keyamo, 126 Others Offer Free Legal Service To 'melaye' by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 25, 2015
Had it been I'm a lawyer, I would have like to voluntarily join the team but notwithstanding,I'm still so much in support of Dino melaye.

Who is Smart Adeyemi?

Smart adeyemi, that useless senator that deserted his people of Kogi state only to find solace in the outskirt of kwara state. He constructed a mighty hotel and event centre in Ilorin (Royal shekinah). Instead of him to discharge his official duty and let his people feel his impact, he keep pampering his child whose picture went viral few weeks to election.

Adeyemi was actually like a mentor, an icon to reckon with, before he took the mantle but money has intoxicated him and he has moved from good to worse. He had better go and be enjoying his looted money rather than wasting it in court again.

Meanwhile, May God bless Dino melaye and the progressive people of Kogi state.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: Falana, Keyamo, 126 Others Offer Free Legal Service To 'melaye' by iamrealdeji(m): 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2015
sheymoni:
That smart is not smart at all. He want to spend his looted money on a case that would be adjourn till thy kingdom come
Smart Adeyemi is a confirm thief o,He has so much money to spend,he's just investing his loots anyhow here in Ilorin buying properties anyhow,brother if you enter one of his hotels here in Ilorin Royal Shekinah at Offa garage area ,hmmn,you no go wan comot again o,the guy just dey build hotels for Ilorin anyhow
Re: Tribunal: Falana, Keyamo, 126 Others Offer Free Legal Service To 'melaye' by tinuolababy(f): 10:59pm On Apr 25, 2015
Sirniyeh:

Haaaa remember he is your senator

Haha. Bot my senator fa.
Re: Tribunal: Falana, Keyamo, 126 Others Offer Free Legal Service To 'melaye' by Dannyset(m): 11:05pm On Apr 25, 2015
About to waste stolen fund.

(1) (Reply)

New Way To Buy Fuel These Days ...lol (photos) / Osinbajo Insulted By El Rufai, Walks Out On President Buhari (DETAILS) / Pdp And Their 5k Hypocrisy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.