Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Charlie Hebdo Mocks Africans Who Drown In The Mediterranean - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charlie Hebdo Mocks Africans Who Drown In The Mediterranean (4880 Views)

The Black Africans Who Ruled Europe From 711 To 1789 - Pics / Charlie Hebdo Mocks Africans Who Died In The Mediterranean / Fleeing Boko Haram Terrorists Drown In Lake Chad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charlie Hebdo Mocks Africans Who Drown In The Mediterranean by Wsdm: 5:47am On Apr 26, 2015
illiad1:
I wish intending adventurers from Africa would see this satire and stop sacrificing their lives to the fishes in the Mediterranean Sea.

That's the message! And its the same message when they depicted Muhammad it was to let muslims understand that bombing people is ungodly and a ridicule on their prophet.
When are they also going to send a message to Americans and its allies for bombing soveriegn countries just for selfish reasons? Or is that one not also bombing? I am waiting for them to do a 'message' on the child molestation in the vatican;then i will take them to be liberal 'messangers' . Only Islam and Blacks are allowed to be mocked in a 'free press'.

1 Like

Re: Charlie Hebdo Mocks Africans Who Drown In The Mediterranean by omenka(m): 7:03am On Apr 26, 2015
pheliciti:

Great, it's freedom of speech. But why is anti Semitic speech not classified as freedom of speech too? It definitely means that certain speech offend some people's sensibilities. The fact that the offended people are in the minority does not make racial or religious abuse right.
I wish I could see you and give you a kiss for this post. I love intelligent people. smiley

1 Like

Re: Charlie Hebdo Mocks Africans Who Drown In The Mediterranean by SkyBlue1: 8:12am On Apr 26, 2015
Wsdm:

When are they also going to send a message to Americans and its allies for bombing soveriegn countries just for selfish reasons? Or is that one not also bombing? I am waiting for them to do a 'message' on the child molestation in the vatican;then i will take them to be liberal 'messangers' . Only Islam and Blacks are allowed to be mocked in a 'free press'.

And you know these things haven't been covered because? Stop being lazy, you can easily find out, no one is your servant and going to do it for you.
Re: Charlie Hebdo Mocks Africans Who Drown In The Mediterranean by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 26, 2015
SkyBlue1:

And you know these things haven't been covered because? Stop being lazy, you can easily find out, no one is your servant and going to do it for you.
You would do well to keep your mouth shut. Even when the depiction of the Prophet caused a lot of problems, the Pope made a reference to the fact that "you can't abuse my mama without expecting a punch to the face". This is no satire but hate speech.

The world is not a vaccum where your supposedly simple actions don't have repercussions. I guess a satire of the deaths of their journalists on the frontpage of the New york times would be a "lovely and funny thing" to see. Ain't it freedom of speech? Or satirically depicting the several dead people in Nepal now due to the earthquake is a "funny and interesting" to do.

You aren't a progressive or appear to be enlightened if you can't detach yourself away from situations and look at things from the opposite angle. We are all good with satire and can make fun of eachother. No one has a monopoly of spreading "hate speech". Call a spade a spade. This publication of theirs is unwarranted and should be termed "hate speech and racial slur" by all right thinking people.

2 Likes

Re: Charlie Hebdo Mocks Africans Who Drown In The Mediterranean by SkyBlue1: 9:57am On Apr 26, 2015
johnny1980:
You would do well to keep your mouth shut. Even when the depiction of the Prophet caused a lot of problems, the Pope made a reference to the fact that "you can't abuse my mama without expecting a punch to the face". This is no satire but hate speech.
The world is not a vaccum where your supposedly simple actions don't have repercussions. I guess a satire of the deaths of their journalists on the frontpage of the New york times would be a "lovely and funny thing" to see. Ain't it freedom of speech? Or satirically depicting the several dead people in Nepal now due to the earthquake is a "funny and interesting" to do.
You aren't a progressive or appear to be enlightened if you can't detach yourself away from situations and look at things from the opposite angle. We are all good with satire and can make fun of eachother. No one has a monopoly of spreading "hate speech". Call a spade a spade. This publication of theirs is unwarranted and should be termed "hate speech and racial slur" by all right thinking people.

And no one is stopping you from making an attempt (however poor it might be) at satire. This is the price you pay for freedom of speech, you cannot please everybody or avoid offending some people. And by the way, American comedians made jokes about 9/11 not too long after it happened. How far should the censorship go? Should the fact that some people on the other side of the world revere an image automatically mean banning people on the other side of the world who DON'T revere that image from producing it? You people are funny. The fact that you think you can and should effectively police what people say is absurd. The difference between that vision of the world and North Korea or Saudi Arabia is not as wide as you might think.
Re: Charlie Hebdo Mocks Africans Who Drown In The Mediterranean by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:59am On Apr 26, 2015
I am not charlie. I'm not for a partial freedom of speech but for a total one that include mocking everything we want including allahh and jews and dead people victims of crimes and US army. Anything.

1 Like

Re: Charlie Hebdo Mocks Africans Who Drown In The Mediterranean by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 26, 2015
SkyBlue1:

And no one is stopping you from making an attempt (however poor it might be) at satire. This is the price you pay for freedom of speech, you cannot please everybody or avoid offending some people. And by the way, American comedians made jokes about 9/11 not too long after it happened. How far should the censorship go? Should the fact that some people on the other side of the world revere an image automatically mean banning people on the other side of the world who DON'T revere that image from producing it? You people are funny. The fact that you think you can and should effectively police what people say is absurd. The difference between that vision of the world and North Korea or Saudi Arabia is not as wide as you might think.
I am not as foolish as your fellow compatriots who believe it's right to mock anything.

Comedians may have made jokes about the events leading to 911 and not the numerous people who died from such actions. Do you know what psychological damage that would do to the families if such is made?

You actually don't understand what freedom of speech is. You just don't open your mouth and say anything. There's a law preventing racial slurs and hate speech. Also it's commonsense not to make jest of people going through a trying time. It's inappropriate and utterly disgusting. There's no universal rule on morals. They may think making such caricature of people is morally right and justifiable. Then i guess you shouldn't cry foul when some zealots kill their journalists and term it their own Freedom of speech .

3 Likes

Re: Charlie Hebdo Mocks Africans Who Drown In The Mediterranean by LubricatingOil: 10:38am On Apr 26, 2015
SkyBlue1:

My friend, you are really brainwashed to believe in the so called freedom of speech. Kindly explain what's happening below.

French-Negro comedian Dieudonné has been arrested after making a joke on Facebook about sympathizing with the Black guy who attacked a kosher market in Paris, The Guardian reports. He is being charged with “being and apologist for terrorism.”

Prosecutors had opened the case against him on Monday after he wrote “Tonight, as far as I’m concerned, I feel like Charlie Coulibaly” – mixing the slogan “Je suis Charlie”, used in tribute to the journalists killed at magazine Charlie Hebdo, with a reference to gunman Amédy Coulibaly. Dieudonné was arrested on Wednesday.

Dieudonné posted his controversial Facebook post after attending Sunday’s unity march against extremism that brought more than 1.5 million people on to the streets of Paris in the wake of the attacks.
He described the march – considered the biggest rally in modern French history – as “a magical moment comparable to the big bang”.

I will just briefly reiterate what I wrote yesterday following the announcement that there would be an inquiry into Dieudonné’s statements: they are not concerned about violence-incitement, they are concerned about Jewish feelings, and these attacks on Dieudonné prove it.

Dieudonné is a secular comedian with no connection to Islam. His Black father was from Cameroon, a non-Moslem country, and left his White mother, who was a new age Buddhist, before he could talk. While he is arrested for making a joke about dead Jews, Moslems across Europe are saying that the Charlie Hebdo staff “had is coming,” and not being arrested.

The grounds on which speech is limited in Europe is the idea that it can “incite violence.” That is why Dieudonné was arrested Wednesday. On the same exact day, France is allowing the cartoons to be printed which have already resulted in a massacre. In Germany, a newspaper HQ was burned down for reprinting the cartoons. Multiple Moslem outlets issued threats that they would retaliate if Charlie Hebdo reprinted more cartoons. These cartoons are not only being allowed by the same state that arrested Dieudonné, they are being endorsed by it.

2 Likes

Re: Charlie Hebdo Mocks Africans Who Drown In The Mediterranean by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 26, 2015
Charlie Hebdo didn’t publish the cartoon.

Re: Charlie Hebdo Mocks Africans Who Drown In The Mediterranean by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 26, 2015
This is Charlie Hebdo recent cover. “A Titanic each week” is the headline – about 1,500 died following the collision with an iceberg in April 1912. The warning is without action many more will die each week trying to cross the Mediterranean Sea, equivalent to one of the most shocking of maritime disasters.

The woman in front is Le Pen*, leader of The National Front (FN). The FN’s response to refugees from a war zone seeking safety at huge risk – is to have a deterrent policy to prevent fleeing across a trechourous sea in overcrowded unseaworthy vessels. The joke here is the deterrent policy may as well be Le Pen singing (“That mouth!”) for all the good it will do, let alone patrol boats to send them back. The satire is on her and the National Front policy on immigration. She is singing the title song to the blockbuster film “Titanic”, which ties in with the headline.

1 Like

Re: Charlie Hebdo Mocks Africans Who Drown In The Mediterranean by SkyBlue1: 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2015
johnny1980:
I am not as foolish as your fellow compatriots who believe it's right to mock anything.
Comedians may have made jokes about the events leading to 911 and not the numerous people who died from such actions. Do you know what psychological damage that would do to the families if such is made?
You actually don't understand what freedom of speech is. You just don't open your mouth and say anything. There's a law preventing racial slurs and hate speech. Also it's commonsense not to make jest of people going through a trying time. It's inappropriate and utterly disgusting. There's no universal rule on morals. They may think making such caricature of people is morally right and justifiable. Then i guess you shouldn't cry foul when some zealots kill their journalists and term it their own Freedom of speech .

You people trully are tiresome. Again I ask, so where would you draw the line? And what makes your line on decency more legitimate than the lines of others? If you can't expand the debate then please move on, it is quite tedious reading your sermons.
Re: Charlie Hebdo Mocks Africans Who Drown In The Mediterranean by Horus(m): 11:11am On Apr 27, 2015
[size=19pt]Charlie Hebdo Ridicules Africans Migrants Who Died In The Mediterranean[/size]

http://www.360nobs.com/2015/04/charlie-hebdo-mocks-africans-migrants-who-died-in-the-mediterranean/
Re: Charlie Hebdo Mocks Africans Who Drown In The Mediterranean by mikolo80: 2:27pm On Apr 07, 2017
mrvitalis:
i dont blame u, if ur father didn't steal our resources u wont have mouth to talk to us like this na angry angry angry
what were your fathers looking at while their fathers were stealing your resources
Re: Charlie Hebdo Mocks Africans Who Drown In The Mediterranean by mrvitalis(m): 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2017
mikolo80:
what were your fathers looking at while their fathers were stealing your resources

My father worked hard very hard and achieved alot ..yes .. I am taking it future so that foolish people like u won't ask my children about their fathers wealth cos the will already know
Re: Charlie Hebdo Mocks Africans Who Drown In The Mediterranean by Dedetwo(m): 3:55pm On Apr 07, 2017
SkyBlue1:

Where I do or don't live should not be your concern, the issue here is freedom of speech. That picture up there is not calling for violence over a particular group of people or any such thing. It is a satirical picture in the style Charlie Hebdo is very well known for, I mean, what were you expecting their take on the issue to look like?

My problem here is people who go about looking for ways they can be offended, then continuing on to express horror at said offence when their expectations have been met. You are not being forced to read the magazine and it is not even under huge circulation, ironically the terrorist incident only made the magazine more popular. My take is, spare us the "righteous anger" please. You can NOT look at the picture if it offends you so deeply.

Bros you are on the mark. When shall Africans start to make mockery of Europeans, Asians and Americans? If the Africans make the continent worthy home, these dumbass Africans would have no business drowning in Mediterranean sea.

1 Like

Re: Charlie Hebdo Mocks Africans Who Drown In The Mediterranean by SalamRushdie: 4:09pm On Apr 07, 2017
mrvitalis:
i dont blame u, if ur father didn't steal our resources u wont have mouth to talk to us like this na angry angry angry

Comments like yours is why Africa will never be taken seriously..Did you even understand the pic?
Re: Charlie Hebdo Mocks Africans Who Drown In The Mediterranean by mikolo80: 4:17pm On Apr 07, 2017
mrvitalis:

My father worked hard very hard and achieved alot ..yes .. I am taking it future so that foolish people like u won't ask my children about their fathers wealth cos the will already know
with this attitude. your children's inheritance will be taken away from them just like your fathers own
Re: Charlie Hebdo Mocks Africans Who Drown In The Mediterranean by mikolo80: 4:21pm On Apr 07, 2017
SkyBlue1:

aka you've got nothing

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why The SS And SE Voted In Mass For PDP (The Proudly 5%) / General Effiong's Son To Address Coastal Biafrans - Picture / International Widows Day: Lagos Govt Gives 1,000 Widows ₦20,000 Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.