Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,862 members, 7,798,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today (38884 Views)

White Girl Sees Nigerian Fried Plantain For The First Time And Reacts / Making My Own Kfc Home Made fried chicken / How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by iRepNaija1: 6:52am On Jul 22, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
Taste was heavenly. Didn't quite achieve the KFC taste which I was aiming for but I tried, I think.

By the way, you should definitely give it a try. Please let me know how it goes.

I've heard the key to making sure the fried chicken has a really light and crisp exterior, after dipping it in flour/egg mixture, is to let it rest in the refrigerator for up to a night then fry it up. Either way, your chicken looks good.
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Jetjacky(m): 6:52am On Jul 22, 2015
Lol grin
Jamean:
hmmm! Were Cherubims and Seraphims with you in the chicken kitchen undecided

Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:42am On Jul 22, 2015
hunn so dis thread finally reach front page grin grin grin grin
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by BISIXCLUSIVE: 7:54am On Jul 22, 2015
Will give it a trier one day (probably in my hubby house)
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by BISIXCLUSIVE: 7:55am On Jul 22, 2015
Will give it a trier one day (probably in my hubby house) ano get time now.
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 22, 2015
Nice one Op
After examination i can see ur chicken is cooked through properly Gordon Ramsey would be impressed
Nice work .. wink
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 22, 2015
See hubby material
I bet hlf of the guys here cant boil water shioo

2 Likes

Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by viva7: 9:10am On Jul 22, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
I knew today was going to be a lazy Saturday so I had made plans to try something new in the kitchen.
I decided it was going to be KFC styled Fried Chicken. I spent the week familiarizing myself with different recipes I came across. I was at the market yesterday to get the remaining ingredients which I needed and were not available in my kitchen.

Recipe:
Colonel Sanders' recipe had 11 spices. These are Paprika, Onion powder, Salt, Sage, Allspice, Garlic, Oregano, Chili, Black pepper, Marjoram and Basil.

I wasn't able to get all the spices but I made do with what I had, so here goes.

1 tablespoon of Black Pepper
1 tablespoon of Thyme (substitute for Basil)
1 tablespoon of ground garlic (I couldn't get Garlic powder so I bought the fresh one and used approx. 1 cm of it)

2 tablespoons of Salt
1 tablespoon of Onion powder ( I used half of a medium sized Onion instead)

4 cloves of Ginger (not in the recipe but because Individuality)
In addition,
3 cups of All-purpose Flour
1 tin of Milk
2 fresh eggs
Chicken.

I was ready to begin.

Cc
MissyB3
Tjskii
Lalasticlala
Ishilove

U try faa

1 Like

Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by kilode100(f): 9:26am On Jul 22, 2015
Na wa o...

Where are my beautiful,inspiring and motivating comments cheesy cheesy

Babies everywhere cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by macklef(m): 10:04am On Jul 22, 2015
Incase theres any fine babe intrested in coming to where i crash on d mainland to practicalise this,
Pm me jareh cos i cant even light matches conviniently smiley
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by preciousMI1(f): 11:05am On Jul 22, 2015
there's kitchen hygiene here where's the end product?
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Gemc3(f): 11:09am On Jul 22, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmmmm. .. yummy!
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by simdam500(m): 12:28pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hmmm oga... never knew egg could be used in frying chicken embarassed

Nice one op kiss
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by shalomm: 1:07pm On Jul 22, 2015
I've been wanting to do this for so long cheesy
I even know the recipe offhand
But no time cry
And something always gets in the way embarassed
But as soon as I'm done with my exams I will do it.
BTW how did it taste?

you know the recipe BY HEART now, just send me 500 card for that lifetime correction grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by activelyA(f): 1:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
I knew today was going to be a lazy Saturday so I had made plans to try something new in the kitchen.
I decided it was going to be KFC styled Fried Chicken. I spent the week familiarizing myself with different recipes I came across. I was at the market yesterday to get the remaining ingredients which I needed and were not available in my kitchen.

Recipe:
Colonel Sanders' recipe had 11 spices. These are Paprika, Onion powder, Salt, Sage, Allspice, Garlic, Oregano, Chili, Black pepper, Marjoram and Basil.

I wasn't able to get all the spices but I made do with what I had, so here goes.

1 tablespoon of ground garlic (I couldn't get Garlic powder so I bought the fresh one and used approx. 1 cm of it)
2 tablespoons of Salt

In addition,
1 tin of Milk
2 fresh eggs
Chicken.

I was ready to begin.

Cc
MissyB3
Tjskii[size=8pt][/size]
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
did u boil the chicken first?
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
activelyA:
did u boil the chicken first?
Boil.....*before frying chicken*...you mean seriously??
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by activelyA(f): 7:59pm On Jul 22, 2015
adeoti01:

Boil.....*before frying chicken*...you mean seriously??
Some of the usual fried chicken you take at weddings and parties are they not boiled before they are fried

His explanation is similar to the method used in preparing yamarita (of which the yam is boiled first before frying), hence my question.
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
activelyA:

Some of the usual fried chicken you take at weddings and parties are they not boiled before they are fried

His explanation is similar to the method used in preparing yamarita (of which the yam is boiled first before frying), hence my question.

Alright...but I'm a vegetarian tho....
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
adeoti01:

Really?
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 23, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Really?
*eyes rolling*.....you're here... . . I am Ooº°˚˚°o ....
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 23, 2015
adeoti01:

*eyes rolling*.....you're here...
I am Ooº°˚˚°o ....
ohh, good...
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 23, 2015
MarvellousGod:
ohh, good...
Smilessssssss....thanks ma'am...hope you and him are vegetarians too
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by activelyA(f): 5:45pm On Jul 23, 2015
adeoti01:

Oooh okay

Religious or health purposes
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 23, 2015
activelyA:
Oooh okay
Tis carnophobia that affects me.
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 23, 2015
activelyA:
Oooh okay
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by activelyA(f): 6:08pm On Jul 23, 2015
adeoti01:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. Really?....that's deep
From childhood or all of a sudden?
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
activelyA:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked. Really?....that's deep From childhood or all of a sudden?
Yeah...you want all my profile here...haba? Well; tis inborn...any intake leads to vomit...
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by activelyA(f): 6:56pm On Jul 23, 2015
adeoti01:

Yeah...you want all my profile here...haba?
Well; tis inborn...any intake leads to vomit...
Oya no vex grin
Just really appalled that there are people who experience this especially a Nigerian. cheesy
But is all good though. smiley

1 Like

Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 23, 2015
activelyA:

Oya no vex grin
Just really appalled that there are people who experience this especially a Nigerian. cheesy
But is all good though. smiley
Thanks
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 24, 2015
adeoti01:

Smilessssssss....thanks ma'am...hope you and him are vegetarians too
Ahhh, nope we ain't. . smiley
Re: I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today by Nobody: 3:38am On Jul 26, 2015
TheRealAdonye:

Recipe:

2 tablespoons of Salt

In addition,
1 tin of Milk
2 fresh eggs
Chicken.

I was ready to begin.

Cc
MissyB3
Tjskii
Lalasticlala
Ishilove

Sorry bros. How exactly dis you mix the spice? Dis you add any spice to the eggs like maggi or salt?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Of These Nigerian Delicacies Is Your Most Preferred? (picture) / How Much Is A Bag Of Rice In Your Area / Live Female Antelope Caught With Trap, To Be Sold For N5000 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.