Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage (43147 Views)

New Photo Of Ibrahim Babangida As He Returns From Germany / Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) / Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flower To Queen Elizabeth In 1956 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by DonaldGenes(m): 12:29am On Apr 26, 2015
Do you believe there are president and there are PRESIDENT in terms of Levels..

IBB nah big boy ..see fine boy no pimple. See discrimination, she no even offer our own GEJ a donkey ride.Nah waoh

Oh well thanks to Getty Images

Ibrahim Babangida as Head of State riding with Queen Elizabeth in her carriage in London in 1989.

Credit:Getty Images pic.twitter.com/d3o5EajIft

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by RoyalBlak007: 12:30am On Apr 26, 2015
[size=25pt]FTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by SeverusSnape(m): 12:32am On Apr 26, 2015
I just love the English...Nice photo.
**in Alan Quatermain's voice**
"God bless the Queen"

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by Sirnokiopee(m): 12:44am On Apr 26, 2015
and they claim they are against military regime.....

they always give much relevant to anybody in power... as long as you are dancing to their music

hypocrite

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by Nobody: 12:45am On Apr 26, 2015
You could predict the performance of leader by how many visits he makes to UK or US or Europe.

The more visit the worst they perform for Nigeria.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by braine(m): 12:50am On Apr 26, 2015
Cool. Its good to know they're still alive and well.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 26, 2015
They are only against military governments that are not under their control or influence.

If a military government is patriotic and competent they would not stop harassing the country to return to democracy, so that they could corrupt the leadership of the incoming civilian govt and gain control of the country
Sirnokiopee:

they always give much relevant to anybody in power... as long as you are dancing to their music

hypocrite

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 26, 2015
IBB - the most corrupt head of state in Nigerian history.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by slimfit1(m): 12:56am On Apr 26, 2015
Photoshop very convincing the British Queen will never share that carriage with a foreigner my friend its fake.

Ok i see you are right its a real picture sir she doesn't do that any more as far as i no.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by Buonsenso: 1:20am On Apr 26, 2015
slimfit1:
Photoshop very convincing the British Queen will never share that carriage with a foreigner my friend its fake.
looks fake indeed, like they cut and paste IBB head on the body

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by mrmykero(m): 1:45am On Apr 26, 2015
Ibb self fine dat year ni sha
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by mensdept: 1:51am On Apr 26, 2015
See how the OP is so excited about this picture. Is he not a drunk fool. We have glorified those who work for others to the detriment of the nation and people are still happy and ready to ask for them to return to power.

At least the OP idiot must agree that Queen Eliza and her people gave him his identity being a N.iger-Arean since 1914.

DAYUUUM

6 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by Nobody: 2:18am On Apr 26, 2015
slimfit1:
Buonsenso:

looks fake indeed, like they cut and paste IBB head on the body
slimfit1:
Guy, there is nothing fake here and i strongly belive it bcus i have seen something like this in a current affair book, but it was Gen.Gowon and Queen sitting in thesame carrage like. this.

3 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by Buonsenso: 2:21am On Apr 26, 2015
DONBROTHER1:

Guy, there is nothing fake here and i strongly belive it bcus i have seen something like this in a current affair book, but it was Gen.Gowon and Queen sitting in thesame carrage like. this.
I didn't say the queen and ibb cannot seat together, but this picture itself looks fake, was Ibb this old in 86-92 when he was president. I don't think so.
Would they give him a state visit after he left power; No.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by Nobody: 2:28am On Apr 26, 2015
Buonsenso:

I didn't say the queen and ibb cannot seat together, but this picture itself looks fake, was Ibb this old in 86-92 when he was president. I don't think so.
Would they give him a state visit after he left power; No.

if this is how u see it, then i understand ur point.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by Lucasbalo(m): 2:31am On Apr 26, 2015
slimfit1:
Gbam.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by coolitempa(f): 3:38am On Apr 26, 2015
i was in d crowd when d crook visited..... grin..d pictures are real...... grin......although i now live in New York.

3 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by naptu2: 4:36am On Apr 26, 2015
That was in 1989. Newsline (Patrick Oke and Yinka Craig) did a special on it at the time. I've forgotten who received President and Mrs Babangida at Heathrow, then they took the train to Victoria Station where the Queen was waiting for them.

Maryam Babangida curtseyed, while the President just shook hands with the Queen. There was the 21 canon salute, then they rode to Buckingham Palace in carriages (The Queen and the President in a carriage, Prince Philip and Maryam in another carriage. Babangida's ministers and other members of his delegation were in other carriages). I remember seeing the ginormous (rotund) figure of Alhaji Abubakar Alhaji in one of the carriages. There were royal salutes (God Save The Queen and Arise O Compatriots) all along the route.

Margaret Thatcher visited Lagos in 1988 and 1989. Prince Philip visited Lagos in 1989 (he laid the foundation stone of Muson Centre in Onikan) and Prince Charles and Princess Diana visited Lagos in 1990 (a few weeks before the Okar Coup).

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by babaowo: 4:53am On Apr 26, 2015
For England, army no fit take over...
Oyinbo no tell army say them make mistake ooo.. fela kuti

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by naptu2: 4:58am On Apr 26, 2015
slimfit1:

The Queen usually rides in the same carriage as a visiting head of state (if it's a state visit). It's the norm. She has ridden in the same carriage with Yakubu Gowon, Shehu Shagari and Ibrahim Babangida.

8 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by Akosbaba(m): 5:11am On Apr 26, 2015
Okay
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by whillyamz98(m): 5:40am On Apr 26, 2015
The diff is in the dresssing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by iyatrustee(f): 6:16am On Apr 26, 2015
IBB na fine man sha! kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by iyatrustee(f): 6:18am On Apr 26, 2015
cry cry cry double post

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by omenka(m): 6:22am On Apr 26, 2015
This niccur been balling from way back! cool
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by omenka(m): 6:23am On Apr 26, 2015
Na this kind thread Okupe fit talk say if e nor make fp, make we call am bastard.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by Emteebee(m): 6:32am On Apr 26, 2015
slimfit1:
E be like say you still be small boy, dem never born you that time.

9 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by Atmmachine(m): 6:45am On Apr 26, 2015
Show me the video.

That was how we were tod that a man trekked from [size=60pt]LAGOS[/size] to [size=60pt]ABUJA[/size]

Some Guys Can Lie For Africa

6 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by lonelydora: 6:46am On Apr 26, 2015
hmmm
Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by Rahmatuparker: 6:48am On Apr 26, 2015
Royalty in d highest order.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by buzquet(m): 6:48am On Apr 26, 2015
Nigeria greatest thief of all time

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage by Blain(m): 6:49am On Apr 26, 2015
Sirnokiopee:

hypocrite
but bros calm down. It is well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Passes Nigeria Peace Corps Bill / 10 Governors To Enter 2017 With Big Problems- Daily Trust / Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.