Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,019 members, 7,806,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back - Gaming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back (10674 Views)

04ka Has Ps2 Roms On Ps2 Emulator For Exchange.holla At Me Guyz / Do You Want Xbox? I Reside Here In Ota,ogun State.holla Me Now Before : (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2009
The signals through HD cables are digital. They do not suffer from interference.
Anyone advertising shielding for such cable is not being truthful.
Cheap cables usually work as well as expensive ones. They just might not last as long.
Sometimes the cheap cables are old ones like HDMI 1.2 cables being fronted as 1.3 cables by dem china people. then you'll have problems
I have 2 $6 cables off amazon. They work well. One's "gold plated" (whatever) too.

@blacklion
When you played a blu-ray disk, did you check the volume level of your PS3.
Music and Movies have volume control that comes up on the PS3 menu.
Pull up the Menu when you play a movie and check the volume level.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by ElRazur: 5:00pm On Apr 22, 2009
OMO IBO:

who's up for an online game this weekend?
late evening preferrably.
signify by raising ur hand.

Which game what platform? smiley
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by blacklion(m): 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2009
khai_khai:

The signals through HD cables are digital. They do not suffer from interference.
Cheap cables usually work as well as expensive ones. They just might not last as long.
Sometimes the cheap cables are old ones like HDMI 1.2 cables being fronted as 1.3 cables by dem china people. then you'll have problems
I have 2 $6 cables off amazon. They work well. One's "gold plated" (whatever) too.

@blacklion
When you played a blu-ray disk, did you check the volume level of your PS3.
Music and Movies have volume control that comes up on the PS3 menu.
Pull up the Menu when you play a movie and check the volume level.

No, I haven't tried that. Is it from the audio settings of the blu ray disk or from the PS audio settings?
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 22, 2009
blacklion:

No, I haven't tried that. Is it from the audio settings of the blu ray disk or from the PS audio settings?

Push triangle , there should be a speaker symbol amongst all those icons.

Disable BD internet connections from your "Video Settings". Set it to "confirm" to prevent automatic internet connection.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Sauron1: 5:10pm On Apr 22, 2009
khai_khai:

TBF, some knock-off HD cables don't have shielding and have been proven to give poor quality.
Poor video performance and screen ghosting due to interfering signals.

I agree with you here.
The more expensive HDMI cables are no better at conveying the electrons in the digital signal from point A to point B than the bargain cables.
Copper wire is copper wire and physics is physics. Full Stop!!!
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by init4dmoni(m): 11:11pm On Apr 22, 2009
y'all are in nigeria right?
can anyone tell me where to buy a ps3 dats not N150000 for crying out loud dats jst plain wickedness,
inflating the price like dat
jst broke my 360 and im considering the ps3 (if i can get dat amnt of moni)
pls can y'all jst tell me where and how much y'all bought urs
PUUULLEEEAAASSE
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 23, 2009
ElRazur:

Which game what platform? smiley
im pretty much into most games except adventures. for some reason i cant seem to go online with any football games.
platform = ps3
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by ElRazur: 7:52pm On Apr 23, 2009
OMO IBO:

im pretty much into most games except adventures. for some reason i cant seem to go online with any football games.
platform = ps3

You dont understand my question. I am asking what game title and on what platform [You answered the platform part]. Take a look at my thread here and see my list of games

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-263397.0.html
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by tboy1(m): 3:29pm On Apr 24, 2009
@ ElRazur
How's Uncharted: Drake's fortune online?I havent played it online yet
Thats one of the best adventure games i've played and the graphics - WOW

If ANYONE is free sat/sun - i should be online for PES2009
been looking for a nairaland candidates to whoop tongue
Anyone with PES2009 online access should holla
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by ElRazur: 3:37pm On Apr 24, 2009
I havent played it online to be honest. I am currently replaying it because of the trophy support that was recently added.

Yes it is one the good adventure games I ever played too. The story is gripping and graphics aint too bad. smiley

We may play on pro evo on sunday evening or so.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by tboy1(m): 3:46pm On Apr 24, 2009
Sunday evening should be fine
Just make sure you dont mistakenly log off when you getting trashing grin grin grin
Those kids online r used to doing this - especially when you beating them silly, just before the final whistle you see 'CONNECTION LOST' on ur TV screen cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Sauron1: 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2009
I can't believe no one plays FIFA09 online in this part of the hemisphere.
Do people still play PES 2009 in this day and age when there's FIFA??
Cheese n Rice. . . . . . . .
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by ElRazur: 4:34pm On Apr 24, 2009
tboy1:

Sunday evening should be fine
Just make sure you dont mistakenly log off when you getting trashing  grin grin grin
Those kids online r used to doing this - especially when you beating them silly, just before the final whistle you see 'CONNECTION LOST' on ur TV screen  cheesy grin cheesy

I am not the type to do such things. It is merely a game and not a matter of life and death. I have been beaten and I mean "trashed" online and I just take it as I need to improve. On the flip side I have more wins than loss.

I tend to only come out of a game if lagging is very bad.

~Sauron~:

I can't believe no one plays FIFA09 online in this part of the hemisphere.
Do people still play PES 2009 in this day and age when there's FIFA??
Cheese n Rice. . . . . . . .

Surely the taste is in the pudding? As evident by the numbers of pro evo players here. You know there is usually a middle line and not everything is "my way or the high way". Both games are good games and each have their flaws. smiley
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 24, 2009
hh huh huh.
u guys making plans to play online without me? what da heck!!!

i dont know why i cant go online with my soccer games. FIFA and PES dont work for me online but every other one does. i have changed my router, spoken to my ISP and router manufacturer to no avail.

anyone got ideas?
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by ElRazur: 6:02pm On Apr 24, 2009
Clearly you aren't doing something right. grin Or better still get a proper internet connection. What speeds are you getting from your ISP?
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Dammyray(m): 6:07pm On Apr 24, 2009
I dont have 1 but hoping to buy sone so talk more on it pls
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 24, 2009
well, i have done everything i can.
i even spoke to Sony, Play station and they said it's the NAT type. Now, from my little or vast newtowrking experience this is a tricky issue to deal with cos anything could go wrong if i mess anything up.

My NAT type is 3.

ElRazur, i have posted/uploaded the speed of my internet connection for you to see that there is absolutely ntohing wrong with the internet speed. click on the attached to see it

Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by ElRazur: 6:50pm On Apr 24, 2009
Who is your ISP? and how is your connection set up?
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 24, 2009
Tiscali.

I've got a modem, router (new router), 2 computers (1 desktop and 1 laptop) and printers. the desktop is hardwired while the laptop and printers are wireless. what else you wanna sir?
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by ElRazur: 7:10pm On Apr 24, 2009
Tiscali aint rated as a good ISP am afraid. However, it do not mean you shouldn't be able to play online.

My main concern is your modem/router set-up and how your connection to the ps3 is established.  Tiscali do have a forum I believe, you can always do a search on there too.

Go into you settings in pro evo and use AUTO. [I am not at where my ps3 is at the moment so I can only tell you things from the top of my head]

I highly recommend you check Tiscali forums.

PS.

A quick google shows there is a known problem with tiscali putting a cap on ps3 users.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/news/EEZZpVllkFVUXYNdAg.html

Check here

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial&hs=5qk&q=ps3+tiscali+problem&btnG=Search&meta=

I suggest you call Tiscali and have a word.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 24, 2009
i did not say i cant get online. i just cant get online with any of my football games (PES and FIFA).  and no, they are not  fake. i bought them from HMV.
Every other game i have goes online with no issues. I personaly think there's a difference between football games and every other game. . . . . . but i dunno, cant place my hand on it. Maybe, if my NAT type can be changed from 3 to 2 then that shold resolve issue.

but anyways, im down for any online gaming session/competition except footballmost evenings and weekends

Sir, i have spoken to tiscali, play station and the manufacturers of my router. they kept passing me on
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by dinozzo(m): 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2009
what does it say when u want to go online. Once you log into the psn before starting the game there shouldn't be any problem as it will log u in automatically when u start the game, thats with fifa 09. I know with my pes 2008 i had problems playing online with another id after using the registration code once. Try connecting ur playstation to ur router using the ethernet cable.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 24, 2009
Your router is NAT 3. That will continue to give you problems with some games.

Check this thread on the official forum for some solutions and try to google the problem (NAT 3 PS3).

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&thread.id=29264

Or consider getting a NAT 2 router.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by kosovo(m): 9:53pm On Apr 24, 2009
where was i?
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 24, 2009
khai_khai:

Your router is NAT 3. That will continue to give you problems with some games.

Check this thread on the official forum for some solutions and try to google the problem (NAT 3 PS3).

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psnetwork&thread.id=29264

Or consider getting a NAT 2 router.
you seem to know what i'm on about. i've been to that link you posted. i have also visited a few others.
in deed, i believe its the router. i just bought the router i'm using right now thinking it'll resolve the issue.
i guess i'm gonne have to make do with the router i have cos im not about to dole out more money for any more router.

but if any of you guys is kind enough to send me a high end router, that would be kind of you
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 24, 2009
I use a dlink wireless-G (108Mbps) router.
Not high-end in anyway (about $35 when on sale).
IT works fine with my PS3 and all other hardware I connect to it. It reads as NAT 2 on GT5P also.
The only issue I have with it is it's resetting itself due to excessive connections from utorrent from my PC. (that's another story).

I'll advise against spending on a expensive router. They usually just give you more range or more speed which most [i]homes [/i]do not need.
Since, internet speeds are still lower than router speeds for most of us. And some of our homes aren't large.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 25, 2009
are you kiddin me?
i use a d-link wireless (802.11g/2.4GHz DI-524) router but it reads NAT 3.

anyways, i'm just gonne make do with what i have. i guess i'll never play any football games on line.

thanks for your input.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by ElRazur: 10:35am On Apr 25, 2009
Sorry omo ibo, I cant be of much help. It appears you have got your mind made up though.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 25, 2009
Mine is a D-link WBR-2310.

From what I see on google, lots of people have issues with the DI-524. Even with the X360.
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by kosovo(m): 7:20am On Apr 26, 2009
hmmmmm
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by Sauron1: 11:12pm On Apr 26, 2009
Who has FIFA 09 and can PLAY online?
Re: Ps3 Lovers, Holla Back by ElRazur: 1:24am On Apr 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

Who has FIFA 09 and can PLAY online?

grin

**Grave yard silence** grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Open Box Hacked Ps4 Console 6.72 / Gaming facts thread. / Football Manager Mobile 2018( Real Names And Club Logos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.