Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,624 members, 7,801,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Please Who Counted The 2000 Boko Haram Fighters That Attacked Marte? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Who Counted The 2000 Boko Haram Fighters That Attacked Marte? (501 Views)

Troops Annihilate Boko Haram Fighters In Marte, Recover Gpmgs(graphic Pic) / Boko Haram Attacks New Marte In Borno, Kills Soldiers And Civilians / Troops Retake Gwoza, Baga and Marte From Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Who Counted The 2000 Boko Haram Fighters That Attacked Marte? by dekronik: 10:20am On Apr 26, 2015
Nigerians are very funny people. As soon as news breaks out, no one bothers to authenticate or verify figures. Everyone just rushes to be the first to bring out the "news". Since yesterday media houses have been awash with the news that "2000" boko haram fighters have chased Nigerian troops out of Marte town in Borno State. While I'm not saying that the news is true or false, I'm just asking who was it that stood and counted the boko haram fighters and got their figure to be 2000? I know 99% of the newspapers are in Lagos and not in Marte. Even the Nigerian soldiers who were been chased cannot tell you they stayed and counted 2000 BH before fleeing. So were did the figure come from? Even so called eye-witnesses are a sham because as BH attacks towns, people are running helter skelter. So which eye witness will stay and count 2000 almajiris before fleeing. Let's spread facts please, not rumours.

2 Likes

Re: Please Who Counted The 2000 Boko Haram Fighters That Attacked Marte? by seankafor(m): 10:26am On Apr 26, 2015
na me
Re: Please Who Counted The 2000 Boko Haram Fighters That Attacked Marte? by AbarisFather(m): 10:45am On Apr 26, 2015
They used GPS tracking device to get the figure[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Please Who Counted The 2000 Boko Haram Fighters That Attacked Marte? by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 26, 2015
we don't have investigative journalism in nigeria, what we have is stomach journalism!

the other day journalists visited a collapsed church building, and came home with N50k each, case closed. grin

2 Likes

Re: Please Who Counted The 2000 Boko Haram Fighters That Attacked Marte? by ITbomb(m): 11:11am On Apr 26, 2015
Trust bloggers, once the figure is big, it is believed to draw traffic.
Just put it on the headlines and watch the hits on your site, whether it is true or not is none of their concern
Re: Please Who Counted The 2000 Boko Haram Fighters That Attacked Marte? by Labayi96(m): 4:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
I had an arguement on dis issue & my friend called me a pdp agent (when he knew i openly supported prof sonaya of KOWA)d truth is that most Nigerian accept any news without VERIFYING THE AUTHENTICTY OF SUCH NEWS & the Nigerian media keep on spread such doubtful news

1 Like

Re: Please Who Counted The 2000 Boko Haram Fighters That Attacked Marte? by dekronik: 8:28am On Apr 28, 2015
I'm still waiting for the person that counted the almajiris to show proof of 2000 fighters.

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Create Problems For Incoming Govt, APC Warns Jonathan’s Men / The Mourinho In Nigeria Politicians / Court Adjourn NRC Case Against Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.