Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,527 members, 7,808,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

In Need Of Career Advice - How Do I Get There? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / In Need Of Career Advice - How Do I Get There? (414 Views)

In Need Of Career Advice / Moving To America. In Need Of Career Advice. Please! / Career Advice For Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Career Advice - How Do I Get There? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 26, 2015
In three months time, I would have completed my yearlong national service (NYSC).

I studied petroleum engineering in my first degree, being someone who had always wanted to go further academically, getting a masters degree and more has always been in the picture. The thing now is am beginning to get cold feet in continuing a career in petroleum, largely owing to the uncertainty in the future of the industry. I thought it over for a while and decided that a diversification would be best for me.

Am considering pursuing a career in power and energy, carving a niche in "gas to power" & "small scale generation".....and later advance to energy economics, but honestly I don't know how to go about it.

I remembered NL and felt there has to be people who can help guide me in here.

I really needed to know how lucrative and satisfying this angle am about to take hold. Are there institutes where one can obtain related training and certification?

Should i decide to go for masters, wat field would be the best approach?

What nature of jobs should i apply for in order to be in line with my dreams?

Thanks you all in anticipations of your needful help.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria & Nigerians Win Together / Top Building Failure Signs In A Building / VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: From BBC Media Action ( 4jobs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.