Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Monthly Subscription: DSTV Should Add Daily Subscription Option. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Monthly Subscription: DSTV Should Add Daily Subscription Option. (2091 Views)

Why Trump Should Add Nigerian muslims To Travel Ban List / Buhari To Niger Delta Militants: Negotiation Remains Your Best Option / DSTV Disconnection Despite Paying For Subscription. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monthly Subscription: DSTV Should Add Daily Subscription Option. by jarkbauer: 4:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
Monthly subscription only option is a total rip off

Nigerians should demand daily subscription option from DSTV. With this we shall be able to subscribe only days when you need it. For example if you leave home early come home late but are home on weekends. You only need to subscribe for weekend etc. If you only watch programmes from monday to Wednesday just subscribe for 3 days and thats all.

Lets the change begin now
Re: Monthly Subscription: DSTV Should Add Daily Subscription Option. by bigass(f): 5:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
Agreed.
Re: Monthly Subscription: DSTV Should Add Daily Subscription Option. by jarkbauer: 5:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
Why pay for what you will not watch?
Re: Monthly Subscription: DSTV Should Add Daily Subscription Option. by Basildvalour(m): 5:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
We'll consider that. Thank you for your suggestion and recommendation. It'll help us serve you better.

Shebi I don dey feel like Multichoice agent

#SayNoToXenophobia
Re: Monthly Subscription: DSTV Should Add Daily Subscription Option. by stanech: 5:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
that will only happen if the dstv gets a good rivalry from another provider. but for now they can charge whatever they want if you can't afford it you switch to startimes

PS whatever happened to hitv?
Re: Monthly Subscription: DSTV Should Add Daily Subscription Option. by U235weapongrade: 5:30pm On Apr 26, 2015
stanech:
that will only happen if the dstv gets a good rivalry from another provider. but for now they can charge whatever they want if you can't afford it you switch to startimes

PS whatever happened to hitv?

HiTv.....
Tony subair...
Pathetic Story...

hitv:correct tv
Re: Monthly Subscription: DSTV Should Add Daily Subscription Option. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:31pm On Apr 26, 2015
I still prefer startimes to DSTV. It doesn't skip like DSTV when it is raining or about to rain.
Re: Monthly Subscription: DSTV Should Add Daily Subscription Option. by Volksfuhrer(m): 5:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
Op, if you believe there are people out there who prefer daily subscriptions to monthly ones, set up your own cable tv and serve them.
Re: Monthly Subscription: DSTV Should Add Daily Subscription Option. by lumzybo: 6:49pm On Apr 26, 2015
I don't think the idea of daily sub is a good 1. We shldnt 4get that the company is a profit making organisation. Doing a daily plan will make them loose lots of cash. Instead of the daily plan, I wuld rather suggest an-hourly bundle plan. E.G, more like a situation where customers purchase 100hr viewing plan. In this case, when ur decode isn't powered on, ur bundle isn't running.

This is what I call #Value4Money.

Buh I doubt if they will allow such in this country.

#MyOpinion

2 Likes

Re: Monthly Subscription: DSTV Should Add Daily Subscription Option. by phlemzy: 8:20pm On Apr 26, 2015
Is it the same Dstv that is battling with dwindling profit that you want a daily plan from,they will just fold up like mtel.
Re: Monthly Subscription: DSTV Should Add Daily Subscription Option. by jahbiz: 8:53pm On Apr 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
I still prefer startimes to DSTV. It doesn't skip like DSTV when it is raining or about to rain.
U must be living in a remote part of Owo town, where hitech innovations and technologies are not appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Monthly Subscription: DSTV Should Add Daily Subscription Option. by lumzybo: 8:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
jahbiz:
U must be leaving in a remote part of Owo towng, where hitech innovations and technologies are not appreciated.

grin

1 Like

Re: Monthly Subscription: DSTV Should Add Daily Subscription Option. by ki02020(m): 9:11pm On Apr 26, 2015
I don't believe in that.....I think viewer should be allow to select the channels they usually view and be charge by that because there some remote countries channels that we don't watch and we are been charged for
Re: Monthly Subscription: DSTV Should Add Daily Subscription Option. by dioman: 9:32pm On Apr 26, 2015
Pay as you watch - best option.
Re: Monthly Subscription: DSTV Should Add Daily Subscription Option. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
jahbiz:
U must be leaving in a remote part of Owo towng, where hitech innovations and technologies are not appreciated.
Your point.
Re: Monthly Subscription: DSTV Should Add Daily Subscription Option. by seunbobo: 9:54pm On Apr 26, 2015
When the idea of pay per second came up those days, MTN said it wasnt possible not until glo implemented it. The same scenario is here again, DSTV may not make any changes to the current plan until there is a very strong opposition. Nigeria had the opportunity during thr time of HITV but we misused the oppotunity because we lack busineas discipline... Not until we get a strong opposition for DSTV, i can assure u that we will all be blabbing.......
Re: Monthly Subscription: DSTV Should Add Daily Subscription Option. by talktimi(m): 10:22pm On Apr 26, 2015
When a visitor comes to your house, you as the host are the only one who can give him permission to wear his shoes inside instead of pulling them off at the door. I believe what the op is talking about is the pay per view option which I the standard industry practice worldwide BUT did the regulators (NBC) put that in the licensing guidelines or did they just allow DSTV and other cable companies stroll into Nigerian living rooms anyhow ? You can't blame DSTV for taking advantage of a loophole our regulating agency created since they as a company are created for profit in the first place. We need to get our acts right here first of all
Re: Monthly Subscription: DSTV Should Add Daily Subscription Option. by jarkbauer: 8:18am On Apr 27, 2015
Not same as pay per view. Just daily subscription option

(1) (Reply)

The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled / The Biafran Truth And The Illegal Trial Of Nnamdi Kanu By Remi Oyeyemi / Photo: Ben Bruce Shades VP Osinbajo Over 3 Million Jobs They Promised Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.