Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,507 members, 7,781,558 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:00 PM

Nid Help Tryin 2 Build Laptop From Scratch - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Nid Help Tryin 2 Build Laptop From Scratch (769 Views)

Don't Buy Any Laptop From Computer Village Unless You Know This / Get Cheap Uk Laptop From 17k To 35k / How Can Use Internet Data For My Laptop From My Smartphone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nid Help Tryin 2 Build Laptop From Scratch by taylormed2(m): 5:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
Naira landers I'm attempting to build a laptop from scratch can you help me as I don't know where to buy notebook backbone in port harcourt
Re: Nid Help Tryin 2 Build Laptop From Scratch by RobinHez(m): 8:30pm On Apr 26, 2015
Building a laptop from scratch is not as easy as building a desktop computer.
U'd have to find a compatible motherboard for the casing which is rare giving to the fact that there are different builds of laptops.
So, if u want to, for instance, build from an Hp pavilion, u have to get the parts of a scrap pavilion or similar builds.
Re: Nid Help Tryin 2 Build Laptop From Scratch by taylormed2(m): 10:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
Where can I by casing and mother board for any laptop
Re: Nid Help Tryin 2 Build Laptop From Scratch by RobinHez(m): 10:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
Here in Lagos, we have a computer Village...I dunno abt PH
Re: Nid Help Tryin 2 Build Laptop From Scratch by taylormed2(m): 11:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
Xo wads d price in lag lemme bring outta range to xpect
Re: Nid Help Tryin 2 Build Laptop From Scratch by mcdokwe(m): 1:00am On Apr 27, 2015
taylormed2:
Where can I by casing and mother board for any laptop
bro, something telss me you are better of buying a new laptop especially since you don't have any of the parts to build with. Otherwise hit me up, I can get you a board, screen harddisk, ram and a few others as new, others you might need to scrab and you need to buy from your area as they need to be tested
Re: Nid Help Tryin 2 Build Laptop From Scratch by taylormed2(m): 7:50am On Apr 27, 2015
How much for your casing and hdd with ram 4gb 6gb nd 8gb
Oh nd yea do u ave latest nvidea graphic card
Re: Nid Help Tryin 2 Build Laptop From Scratch by kimco(m): 12:22am On Apr 28, 2015
RobinHez:
Building a laptop from scratch is not as easy as building a desktop computer.
U'd have to find a compatible motherboard for the casing which is rare giving to the fact that there are different builds of laptops.
So, if u want to, for instance, build from an Hp pavilion, u have to get the parts of a scrap pavilion or similar builds.

Why do u want to build a lappy from scratch? What are the benefits to this? Desktop I understand, but laptop? There is absolutely no benefit to this watsoever.
Re: Nid Help Tryin 2 Build Laptop From Scratch by taylormed2(m): 7:05am On Apr 28, 2015
Saves more money buyinghg scrappy parts and building it saves more money than buyin a new lappy
Re: Nid Help Tryin 2 Build Laptop From Scratch by mcdokwe(m): 8:56am On Apr 28, 2015
taylormed2:
Saves more money buyinghg scrappy parts and building it saves more money than buyin a new lappy
not very true especially if you source the parts one by one. A motherboard cost atleast 20k, a 500GB hard disk about 8k, a 4GB ram about 5k, a screen about 10k, a battery 5k then a complete carcass might cost you upto 12k, an optical drive 3k, keyboard 4k, then you might need one or two cables and flexes too. Going by the above estimate, you would have spent upto 67k whereas a used one might not cost as much neither would you stress yourself trying to put the parts together.

Unless it gives you a sense of fulfilment, it is actually not very cost effective except you find them all in one. That said, how much will can you offer for my HP DV6? It is working perfectly but the battery is dead, a stripe that has been over 2years across the screen, core i3 processor, 4GB RAM and 500GB hard disk?

1 Like

Re: Nid Help Tryin 2 Build Laptop From Scratch by taylormed2(m): 3:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
Stopped by a repairers place 2dai nd his givin me 4gb ram 4k I have 500gb hard drive at home jst a mother board graphic card nd rest

(1) (Reply)

???? / Plz Help I Wont To Buy A New Pc / Fairly Used UK Laptop Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.