Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,762 members, 7,806,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! (41794 Views)

Fidelity Bank Recruitment For Graduate Trainee 2017 (Bsc And HND Only) / EFCC Ignores Federal Character In Staff Recruitment - The Authority / INFO About The Immigration Service Recruitment The Second Stage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by baba11(m): 10:11am On Apr 27, 2015
Na Wa ooooooh
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by Kassidy4luv(m): 10:12am On Apr 27, 2015
GenerousLord:

Oh, and you read through all the questions (i.e from number 1 to 20) before going back to number 17 to answer it correctly?
You know what? I dislike hypocrites like you, coz I can remember that if not for the sterling bank thread, you wouldn't have passed this test. Someone on that thread (the slimmy guy) gave a clue on how he passed the test by answering just number 17, and you did just as he said and of course, you passed. Now, your irritating ego won't allow you to tell the truth and accept the fact that the online test wasn't fair.
I wish you had it the other way round. I guess that would had brought out some bit of honesty and humility in you.

Am already working working.
Dont even need the test.
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by orieoda(m): 10:17am On Apr 27, 2015
Cpumping:
Cc davide047 ishilove uboma seun lalasticala

So who were the 120 people that passed, how did dey do it, are there NLanders whose names are on that list,

We need clarification.

My name is there bro @ the third batch....
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by naturalwaves: 10:21am On Apr 27, 2015
booqee:
May GOD bless you op. You've totally spoken my mind. I was so pissed off but well they fccking don't worth it! angry ama move on.
God will give you a job of your own.
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by GenerousLord: 10:22am On Apr 27, 2015
Kassidy4luv:

Am already working working.
Dont even need the test.
Sir, we ain't talking about your job status here; working or not working.
All we want is for the truth to be stood for at all times, even if it means standing alone for it.

That's the only way we can build the great Nigeria we had always wished for.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by Truflame: 10:25am On Apr 27, 2015
I think the banking system need an overhaul. The Buhari led administration should reform the banking industry.

Depositors fund are often debited against their wishes at ATM portals and several unethical practise has assailed the money market. This is unfortunate.
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by hardeyswaggz: 10:34am On Apr 27, 2015
my question still remains....what about us that couldn't login at all, what will they do about us? atleast let us write the test and fail first.

1 Like

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 27, 2015
Going through some of the response here,i am of the opinion that if this test is to conducted again,majority of the people that failed will still fail again.
you are given a simple instruction..READ ALL THE QUESTIONS BEFORE ANSWERING.
if you have followed that,by the time you get to 17,everything would have fallen into place and you would realize that 20mins was more than enough time to take the test.who knows if questions 18-20 has back button

2 Likes

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by naturalwaves: 10:42am On Apr 27, 2015
fotadmowmend:
Nice write up . But you are not entirely right ! Although the site was bad that day, it was very possible to skip a question without answering it. The only problem most of us faced during the exercise was anxiety. We were mindful of the time given while the main question lies in the instruction.

I can develop forms by simply using google forms to design that kind of test pattern. The essence of skipping a question is to be able to go back to it at a later time and when that can't be done, it means a question cannot be skipped(with respect to answering it...you either answer the question, or forget about the question). Now, since we were asked to read all questions first, when you get to no 20 and have read it, how do you go back to no 17 when there is no BACK button? Is that not a scam?

3 Likes

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by orieoda(m): 10:44am On Apr 27, 2015
...these should answer some people's questions....My name is one the list!...we are all graduates, so lets review the whole thing together without being sentimental. ANY QUESTION FOR ME?

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by orieoda(m): 10:46am On Apr 27, 2015

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 27, 2015
naturalwaves:

Over the week, I read with utter dismay, the lies that was propagated by Sterling bank Plc and the insults that was traded on the average Nigerian graduate that participated in the screening test that took place on saturday,19th April 2014 on this forum and I felt so bad because the reports had no iota of truth and credibility in it. I should have replied during the week but my job wouldn't allow me hence the reason for the slight delay.

Prior to the test, there had been an earlier one in which candidates were given some question that had subjective answers and those that were said to have passed the test with a minimum score of 80% were later informed about this new one that took place last week. The first test itself was marred by lack of organisation and the difficulty of logging into the sterling bank portal but candidates managed to pull through and do the test.

Based on the problems earlier encountered in the first test, everyone thought that Sterling bank would have corrected the mistakes and take appropriate actions but reverse was the case. The second test was worse as most candidates couldn't log in at all talkless of taking the test. I was one of the candidates that couldn't log in despite the fact that I used three different types of modems and two laptops. When I couldn't log in after multiple trials, I rushed to a cyber cafe close to my house to try that out. Expectedly, I met about ten persons there that were trying to access the portal and everyone had the same complaint. It was obvious the website could only take few persons at a time considering the thousands of youths that were billed for the test which must be taken within two hours. After a while, about two to three persons were able to log in but couldn't access any of the questions except for the instruction page and we all read the instruction page well. On the instruction page, there were three basic information on it; The first one was that candidates should read each question very well and follow the instructions, the second one was that success would be based on the performance in that test and the third one was that, credentials and information earlier submitted will be part of the screening as well and that was all.

While we were all still trying to log in, a person got lucky amongst us and question number 1 came. Please, follow this writeup very well and try and digest its contents. As I was saying, question no 1 came and there was no particular instruction on it except for a mathematical question in which 4 options were given. Now, the way the test form was designed, a question can only appear on a page at a time and it is impossible to move to the next question without selecting an answer in the current one and clicking on a next button. From question no 1 to question no 16, there was no instruction in them except for questions and options. It also takes at least 2 minutes for the next question to come after clicking on the next button.

On getting to question 17, there was an instruction before the question and the instruction reads....ANSWER ONLY THIS QUESTION CORRECTLY. What does this statement mean? It cannot mean that question no 17 is the only question the candidates were expected to answer because, if you do not click on an answer in a question, the next question won't come up and it will be impossible to get to question no 17 itself. Logically, the only thing it could have meant was that, answer all other questions wrongly but make sure that the answer to question no 17 is correct. If this is the case, then the instruction should be on the first page before the questions but it was not there. If it were there, that means candidates should skip all questions before no 17 and then answer no 17 correctly, skip 18,skip 19, skip 20 and then submit but remember the way the form was designed .....no question can be skipped which leaves a candidate with the only option of solving each question, getting an answer and then deliberately chose wrong answers except for no 17 but mind you, THAT INSTRUCTION FOR QUESTION NO 17 WAS NEVER IN THE FIRST PAGE, IT ONLY APPEARED ON QUESTION NO 17 ITSELF. Question no 17 actually asked for the name of the MD of Sterling bank.

When candidates submitted, they were told they failed because they refused to follow instructions which said ONLY QUESTION NO 17 SHOULD BE ANSWERED CORRECTLY and which was not possible based on my earlier points.

I have done a lot of aptitude tests by Dragnet, Workforce etc which I have a 70% pass rate and I have seen companies do magomago in their recruitment processes , the worst they have done is not to call one back even after spanking the difficult aptitude tests and all and then one wouldn't hear from them again until some persons resume through the back door but this Sterling bank own is the worst I have ever come across, it was so dubious and filled with lies and Nigerian youths were taken for granted and meant to look like fools and those that didn't even know anything about the process were so judgmental and ridiculed those that wrote the test on this forum for not following instructions and that is why I had to come up with this write up to clear the air.

Finally, it is so sad that in this country, companies treat graduates with so much disdain and lack of respect all because of job scarcity. The Nigerian labour law is non functional and that is why job evils stand and this daylight robbery by Sterling bank is about to stand too, no one to fight for our youths. We would be fighting a losing battle if the management of Sterling bank is sued . Since those that would get the job is already known, why waste people's time? Why lie against them? Why conduct a dubious process? To the unemployed youths out there, may God give you a good job that is devoid of magomago and lie lie like that of Sterling bank. ( AMEN)
You are a big liar not to have taken some blame for poor attention to details. You can click next without clicking any answer. You lack honesty and I see no reason you should be employed there.

The issue about the test wasn't the instruction but the poor network that made it difficult accessing the test.

1 Like

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by naturalwaves: 10:50am On Apr 27, 2015
doxime:
Going through some of the response here,i am of the opinion that if this test is to conducted again,majority of the people that failed will still fail again.
if you have followed that,by the time you get to 17,everything would have fallen into place and you would realize that 20mins was more than enough time to take the test.who knows if questions 18-20 has back button

Well, question 18 to 20 has no back button. So, what else do you have to say?

1 Like

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by BTT(m): 10:52am On Apr 27, 2015
bennyrazz:
I really don't know why some Nigerian graduates can't dive into business or set up a company be it in servicing/manufacturing/production etc sector. We have so many first class candidates these days and yet they roam the streets looking for jobs. Well, graduating with first class does not mean you will succeed in business though Sterling bank and other banks/businesses/companies in Nigeria was someone's initiative. Stop blaming employers of labour, start blaming yourself, that's the way to move forward. If companies are treating graduates with so much disdain, that alone should be your motivation to start something small and grow it till it becomes big. That is my own 2cents o

Sharrap you there!

Every graduate cannot just 'dive into business or start a company'. This statement reeks of hypocrisy and wickedness. Must you join in the insults and abuse the Nigerian graduate is passing through?

A fresh graduate should just start a company, or just a business - as if that is any easier than getting an employment and learning the ropes while still an employee. This should rather focus on ENCOURAGING people to start a business than castigating therm for not. Besides when you start a business today, are you not also going to be employing graduates someday?

I think this idea has been overtly flogged and has become trite. Besides, the op 's allegations against Sterling Bank should be treated on its own merit.

My best wishes to all who seek. May you find answers to your dreams.

5 Likes

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by naturalwaves: 10:59am On Apr 27, 2015
slimmy05:
You are a big liar not to have taken some blame for poor attention to details. You can click next without clicking any answer. You lack honesty and I see no reason you should be employed there.

The issue about the test wasn't the instruction but the poor network that made it difficult accessing the test.
Please , use your common sense to answer this question...There is a next button abi?and you were asked to read ALL the questions before answering any, so, when you read all the questions and get to no 20( according to the instruction) , how do you go back to 17 when there is NO BACK button?? Did you expect that the moment a candidate getsto no 17, such candidate should ignore the main instruction which itself translates to not following the instructions??

5 Likes

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by Badosqi(m): 11:01am On Apr 27, 2015
doxime:
and I am sure u've forgotten where it was stated dat one had to wait for 2-3mins for the next question to load..

You are only saying all these since you are now aware of all the instructions... Picture urself in their positions battling with poor network connection, no back option and you're aware of the real question on quest.17....

3 Likes

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by dustydee: 11:11am On Apr 27, 2015
orieoda:
...these should answer some people's questions....My name is one the list!...we are all graduates, so lets review the whole thing together without being sentimental. ANY QUESTION FOR ME?

Oh I see, thanks for the screen shots, The instructions look pretty clear.
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 27, 2015
naturalwaves:

Please , use your common sense to answer this question...There is a next button abi?and you were asked to read ALL the questions before answering any, so, when you read all the questions and get to no 20( according to the instruction) , how do you go back to 17 when there is NO BACK button?? Did you expect that the moment a candidate getsto no 17, such candidate should ignore the main instruction which itself translates to not following the instructions??
exactly where you lack common sense. If you had followed the instruction you would have arrived at the question asked to answer. Stop blaming people for your lack of incompetency and ability to follow simple instruction. If you read the question and gets to 17 why do you have to go back. Try somewhere else daft.

1 Like

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by adedayourt(m): 11:33am On Apr 27, 2015
It is well

1 Like

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by cntabs(m): 11:39am On Apr 27, 2015
not all truth op.
an insider said that when you get to no 17 without answering any questions you are congratulated. someone who passed should confirm.
we should learn to follow instructions.
learn our lesson from this and move on.
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 27, 2015
cntabs:
not all truth op.
an insider said that when you get to no 17 without answering any questions you are congratulated. someone who passed should confirm.
we should learn to follow instructions.
learn our lesson from this and move on.
don't mind the lazy overzealous guy. Always blaming others for their incompetence. The only issue with the test is poor network and inability to access the test
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by naturalwaves: 11:55am On Apr 27, 2015
slimmy05:
exactly where you lack common sense. If you had followed the instruction you would have arrived at the question asked to answer. Stop blaming people for your lack of incompetency and ability to follow simple instruction. If you read the question and gets to 17 why do you have to go back. Try somewhere else daft.
Okay fooool, according to the main instruction, were you supposed to answer question 17 without reading 18,19,20?

3 Likes

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 27, 2015
naturalwaves:

Okay fooool, according to the main instruction, were you supposed to answer question 17 without reading 18,19,20?
common sense is not common. Keep blaming people for your idiocy.
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by naturalwaves: 12:02pm On Apr 27, 2015
slimmy05:
don't mind the lazy overzealous guy. Always blaming others for their incompetence. The only issue with the test is poor network and inability to access the test
If you are not an ediot, you would have read where I said I didn't even take the test as I couldn't log in. Now, thousands were eligible to write a testa test and only few hundreds could write it and no provision was made for those that couldn't log in and they failed automatically, is that not a scam and lack of competence from Sterling bank? Isn't it ironic that an imcompetent company wants to test for competence?

3 Likes

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
naturalwaves:

If you are not an ediot, you would have read where I said I didn't even take the test as I couldn't log in. Now, thousands were eligible to write a testa test and only few hundreds could write it and no provision was made for those that couldn't log in and they failed automatically, is that not a scam and lack of competence from Sterling bank? Isn't it ironic that an imcompetent company wants to test for competence?
You lack basic comprehension skills. You typed lots of poos and I simply corrected your ignorance. The issue with the test is the poor network and inability to access the portal, not your over flogged instructions that you should be blaming your sorry self for. Take care
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by naturalwaves: 12:09pm On Apr 27, 2015
slimmy05:
common sense is not common. Keep blaming people for your idiocy.
Take it or leave it, I am not a JJC when it comes to aptitude tests and I have aced a couple of them and even give SHL tutorials. About 300 candidates were selected from a pool of over 100,000 in my current job and Sterling bank is the least of the banks I can ever work with. My first ever job was even in a bank where I resigned to go pursue a Msc degree. I only attempted to take the test in order to keep the brain fresh and I can say that, this is the most disorganised test I have ever taken. Even small coys like ICSL performs better in giving tests to candidates.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 27, 2015
naturalwaves:

Take it or leave it, I am not a JJC when it comes to aptitude tests and I have aced a couple of them and even give SHL tutorials. About 300 candidates were selected from a pool of over 100,000 in my current job and Sterling bank is the least of the banks I can ever work with. My first ever job was even in a bank where I resigned to go pursue a Msc degree. I only attempted to take the test in order to keep the brain fresh and I can say that, this is the most disorganised test I have ever taken. Even small coys like ICSL performs better in giving tests to candidates.
Why all these sermon? Keep pampering your weak egoistical nature.
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by stephmike(m): 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
may God help us
Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by naturalwaves: 12:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
slimmy05:
You lack basic comprehension skills. You typed lots of poos and I simply corrected your ignorance. The issue with the test is the poor network and inability to access the portal, not your over flogged instructions that you should be blaming your sorry self for. Take care
I think you read it with one eye closed cos if you had read it well, you would have seen that I addressed all the issues including the inability to log in and poor organisation. What is the essence of a test where at least 65% of eligible candidates couldn't access the test.In your hypocritical manner, you are very fast to dismiss the bank's incompetence with a wave of the hand but hammering on the instruction part which is highly debatable.

2 Likes

Re: STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!! by channelz: 1:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
CHM11:
Don't you guys know that companies now do recruitment as a form of advertisement??.... Some do recruitments for audit purposes.

They keep their own as contract staffs only to make them full time staffs when openings are available.
Then they embark on a recruitment campaign where over 500000 graduates will apply and in then end they want to take just 5 people, 5 people who are already contract staffs with them!!!!!....

I've seen this happen with a multinational,....they didn't even interview these contract guys!!!!!!!!.....

What can we do?...we just have to keep applying until we get involved with standard meritocratic companies like KPMG, PwC, PnG, NLNG, Kendor, Shell, Slumberger, Unilever, PZ,....and a few others.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How A Single Button Got Me Turned Down At An Interview Today / Dressing to a Job Interview (Pics) - Hit Or Miss? / Africa Courier Express Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.