Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike (4336 Views)

Picture Train Of Nigerian Relationships / Difference Between the American And the Nigerian Relationships. / Seven Types Of Ladies You Will Meet In Typical Nigerian Relationships. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 10:48pm On Apr 26, 2015
In this part of the world we live, relationships are mostly started and sustained on some typical beliefs and conditions, ideas and strange societal traditions. The unnecessary commitments attached to most Nigerian relationships, especially, the emotional and financial aspects, to me, is often dumb and one-sided!!! Below are some of the typical beliefs attached to most Nigerian relationships which I detest passionately!!!

1) When a girl visits, her t-fare must be footed by the guy: I often wonder whether there's any book or document where this trash is written as a commandment that the guy must incure the cost of transportation whenever the girl visits. If you claim you really love someone, then you should be able to transport yourself to see them. If you wait or expect him to always pay for your transportation, then I must sadly tell you that I doubt your love for him! wink

2) Only a guy seems broke: I just find it annoying when some young women say 'I can't date him; he's broke'. Gush! What about you? Are you that rich? If he's not broke but rich and he decides to date you, what are the contributions you would be making in the relationship? Is it just to come and 'eat'? The fact is that most of our young women have failed to see the need to work on their lives and make themselves independent; they still want to depend on men for their needs and upkeep! So who told you that you are not just as broke as that young man you condemned?

3) The guy does the spending and the girl provides sex: This is another trashy idea that most Nigerian relationships are started and maintained on! In fact, to some, it is a pre-condition that must be met before the relationship starts! The young man in this setting is either dumb or one with no future ambition and emotionally weak while the girl is no better than a love-peddler! People who are emotionally fit know what they want; they don't accept stereotyped beliefs and ideas!

4) The first date must always be in an eatery with expensive foods and drinks: Only in naija!!! Why can't first dates be in a serene park, the zoo, museum, etc? Must it always be in a big hotel or eatery?

5) A man must always be the first to propose love to a woman: If you are in Nigeria, don't ever you wait for a woman to show you how much they care first. It must be the other way round! If you intend waiting, be sure of having grey hair and still waiting wink

Nigerians have copied nearly all aspects of western lifestyle but we have been very reluctant in copying their relationship style and how it works! It is very funny!

Feel free to post yours.
I know most of my threads in this section don't make front page because am not one of the mods' favourites...but I still remain myself!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
That will be the mentality of the poster below me..

2 Likes

Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Cutehector(m): 10:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
With all pleasure.. At the poster above me grin

2 Likes

Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 10:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
starlingslimnet:
That will be the mentality of the poster below me..
How did you know that?
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Cholls(m): 10:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
my brother nice observation.

Someone sent me a mail suggesting we look in the direction of white babes.
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 11:00pm On Apr 26, 2015
Cutehector:
With all pleasure.. At the poster above me grin
So you accept am? grin
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Cutehector(m): 11:01pm On Apr 26, 2015
Rapmoney:
So you accept am? grin
ehen
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 11:03pm On Apr 26, 2015
Cholls:
my brother nice observation.

Someone sent me a mail suggesting we look in the direction of white babes.
In as much as I don't support the campaign of that NL dude 'searching4love', I just feel relationships in Nigeria is becoming meaningless and empty! My opinion cool
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 26, 2015
Rapmoney:
How did you know that?
Because hm be cutehectorgrin
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 11:05pm On Apr 26, 2015
Cutehector:
ehen
Ok continue.
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by whizjay(m): 11:07pm On Apr 26, 2015
*weeds out*

Well, that just how things are.....

*Weeds in*
*Coughs*
. Don't worry May 29th
"change" will be effected.
"Buhari will be inaugurated.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 11:07pm On Apr 26, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Because hm be cutehectorgrin
I bet you, that dude unknowingly needs a Swiss girl to show him love grin Not the type of girls he has been chasing around grin Hector, na joke I dey o! grin
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 26, 2015
Rapmoney:
In as much as I don't support the campaign of that NL dude 'searching4love', I just feel relationships in Nigeria is becoming meaningless and empty! My opinion cool
Because most of the ladies think anticlockwise in relationship..... and with the kind of retar*ded mentality they got it makes it more meaningless but it will be more fun if one have someone with good mentality like the white.
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Cutehector(m): 11:09pm On Apr 26, 2015
Rapmoney:
I bet you, that dude unknowingly needs a Swiss girl to show him love grin Not the type of girls he has been chasing around grin Hector, na joke I dey o! grin
lol white babes are more dangerous.....
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 11:11pm On Apr 26, 2015
whizjay:
*weeds out*

Well, that just how things are.....

*Weeds in*
*Coughs*
. Don't worry May 29th
"change" will be effected.
"Buhari will be inaugurated.

grin

Why don't you solicit or at atmost, beg Opa Williams for the next edition of 'Night of a Thousand Laughs'?

1 Like

Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by adewaletb3(m): 11:11pm On Apr 26, 2015
This weed thick die kiss

Back to the topic no be lie.

1 Like

Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 11:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
adewaletb3:
This weed thick die kiss

Back to the topic no be lie.
wink
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by alentyno: 11:16pm On Apr 26, 2015
'From the very 1st day i set my eyes on you i haven't been able to eat, drink or sleep. I can't stop thinking about you cause if i do i might run mad'

^^^ there the most silly lie nigerian girls love to hear

RUBBISH

1 Like

Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 11:16pm On Apr 26, 2015
Cutehector:
lol white babes are more dangerous.....
I bet you can't even give me two concrete reasons why white babes are more dangerous wink
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by whizjay(m): 11:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
Rapmoney:
Why don't you solicit or at atmost, beg Opa Williams for the next edition of 'Night of a Thousand Laughs'?

undecided
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by whizjay(m): 11:22pm On Apr 26, 2015
Rapmoney:

undecided
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Cutehector(m): 11:24pm On Apr 26, 2015
Rapmoney:
I bet you can't even give me two concrete reasons why white babes are more dangerous wink
I used to date one.. She told me she gona blow my head off wit a gun if I dare cheat on her.. grin na so I loyal oooooo..

1 Like

Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 11:25pm On Apr 26, 2015
alentyno:
'From the very 1st day i set my eyes on you i haven't been able to eat, drink or sleep. I can't stop thinking about you cause if i do i might run mad'

^^^ there the most silly lie nigerian girls love to hear

RUBBISH
Bro, there's no need to vent your anger on Nigerian girls. We are looking at it from different angles! You see, most guys have come to accept these stereotyped beliefs because they are too desparate to have sex or have someone to call their 'girlfriend'. I see it as lack of wisdom and emotional weakness.
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 11:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
Cutehector:
I used to date one.. She told me she gona blow my head off wit a gun if I dare cheat on her.. grin na so I loyal oooooo..
*searching for the lie guage in order to know the level of the...* grin
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Young03(m): 11:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
My gf provides me wit moni, sex ,transports herself, takes me out bt......

D person below me will complete the remainig
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by ronald4lif(m): 11:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
Interesting! I have said for the umpteenth time that most relationship in Nigeria is lopsided. Most of our girls are very reluctant to engaging themselves with something useful, that will generate income no matter how little. A lot of times when you see a girl get into a relationship her main purpose is how loaded this guy is and what can he offer, monetarily.

Although a man is expected to take up some of the bills of his woman but I have often wonder if a relationship to these girls is a means to transferring their financial responsibility to any man they end up with. It's like okay, you claim you love me, I love you too, now my responsibilities are yours while I'll always be there when and if you want sex. She starts inundating you with how she needs a hairdo, her nails done, some change of wears and her welfare etc. You wonder if she wasn't having hairdos, or feeding before you both met.

Ordinarily, one would think it is because of the financial breakdown a lot of them are battling, but this is false. Even the ones who are gainfully employed and are earning as much as you do are still of this believe that a man should pick up most of her bills. You keep wondering what she does with her own money or if you have taken up the role of a husband without engagement or exchange of nuptial vows.

Another thing many may have noticed is that when these categories of girls talks about marriage, they are not doing so because of the respect they have for the marriage institution or the love they have for their potential husband. Most are eager to marry for reasons not limited to; having a man who'll start taking up roles their dad may not have been able to fulfill, others are just so they bear MRS and gloat to their friends that they are married and/or based on the societal pressure that a lot of these girls are facing. It is no secret that if a woman is not married she won't have much respect in our society. But get married for the right reasons biko.

My advise to these set of girls is to engage themselves in something meaningful and stop leeching on a man because he's in a relationship with you. A relationship is not a means to an end of poverty and financial troubles. Fact is, most men won't respect you if all you keep doing is demanding from one thing to the other. Independent woman is the new sexy, not boobs and laps lol.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 11:30pm On Apr 26, 2015
Young03:

...doesn't offer you sex abi?
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Cutehector(m): 11:30pm On Apr 26, 2015
Rapmoney:
*searching for the lie guage in order to know the level of the...* grin
lmao.. Why does evryone tink am lyn... Na because I joke too much
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Bellajay1: 11:32pm On Apr 26, 2015
Then u are finished....
Young03:
Then u are finished....
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Young03(m): 11:32pm On Apr 26, 2015
Nop...i neva knew she sleeps arund wit my friend.,if i mess her finish, she go divert go my friend place make im do him own
Rapmoney:
...doesn't offer you sex abi?
Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 11:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
ronald4lif:
Interesting! I have said for the umpteenth time that most relationship in Nigeria is lopsided. Most of our girls are very reluctant to engaging themselves with something useful, that will generate income no matter how little. A lot of times when you see a girl get into a relationship her main purpose is how loaded this guy is and what can he offer, monetarily.

Although a man is expected to take up some of the bills of his woman but I have often wonder if a relationship to these girls is a means to transferring their financial responsibility to any man they end up with. It's like okay, you claim you love me, I love you too, now my responsibilities are yours while I'll always be there when and if you want sex. She starts inundating you with how she needs a hairdo, her nails done, some change of wears and her welfare etc. You wonder if she wasn't having hairdos, or feeding before you both met her.

Ordinarily, one would think it is because of the financial breakdown a lot of them are battling, but this is false. Even the ones who gainfully employed and are earning as much as you do are still of this believe that a man should pick up most of her bills. You keep wondering what she does with her own money or if you have taken up the role of a husband without engagement or exchange of nuptial vows.

Another thing many may have noticed is that when these categories of girls talks about marriage, they are not doing so because of the respect they have for the marriage institution or the love they have for their potential husband. Most are eager to marry for reasons not limited to; having a man who'll start taking up roles their dad may not have been able to fulfill, others are just so they bear MRS and gloat to their friends that they are married and/or the societal pressure that a lot of these girls are facing. It is no secret that if a woman is not married she won't have much respect in our society. But get married for the right reasons biko.

My advise to these set of girls is to engage themselves in something meaningful and stop leeching on a man because he's in a relationship with you. A relationship is not a means to an end of poverty and financial troubles. Fact is, most men won't respect you if all you keep doing is demanding from one thing to the other. Independent woman is the new sexy, not boobs and laps lol.
Thanks bro. I know you would always come up with something sensible! cheesy. Some ladies will tell you that they can't date a guy that doesn't drive a car but ask her where she parked hers! Is it an exclusive right for guys to own cars? Can't you, as a woman, work hard and buy a car?

1 Like

Re: Typical Beliefs In Nigerian Relationships I Dislike by Rapmoney(m): 11:36pm On Apr 26, 2015
Young03:
Nop...i neva knew she sleeps arund wit my friend.,if i mess her finish, she go divert go my friend place make im do him own
That means all those things she has been doing for you is a compensation for flagrantly cheating on you? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Allow This To Happen To Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend?(pics) / Common Characters On Nairaland 2016 / I Live In America-why Don't Men Approach Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.