Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,131 members, 7,807,429 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea (40993 Views)

Cindy Lee Campaigns Topless As French Presidential Candidate (Photos) / Mysterious Sea Serpent Washed Up Onto Shore In Philippines (photos). / Europeans Are drowning Boatloads Of African Migrants in their coasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by osystein(m): 12:17am On Apr 27, 2015
Is this racist?

(Family réunion in the
Mediterranean) )

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by HopeAtHand: 12:46am On Apr 27, 2015
This is racist..it is unacceptable how the world treats black people..Even in tragedy, they find a way to add insult to injury.

Was this published by Charlie Hebdo?

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by Caseless: 12:57am On Apr 27, 2015
It is hard being a black man in this racist-driven world. Every other race on earth is against the black race.

The worst part be say, na we cone dey vulnerable and weak pass. We're not independent in any aspect ; we run to the same people that do not want to see us for help.

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by siegfried99(m): 1:37am On Apr 27, 2015
Hmmmnn undecided

1 Like

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by jeffizy(m): 1:45am On Apr 27, 2015
When fellow blacks are hating on each other (S/A). What do we expect of other races?

Meanwhile, we all send them our "heartfelt " condolences when they get a reaction for their actions à la Charlie Hebdo. SMH

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 2:01am On Apr 27, 2015
Even if it is racist what are you going to do ?

Africans have no balls .period

Anyway they should also draw a cartoon about their people coming to Morroco, Angola , and Equatorial Guinea on a daily basis .

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by Edwardhead(m): 2:25am On Apr 27, 2015
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Anyway they should also draw a cartoon about their people coming to Morroco, Angola , and Equatorial Guinea on a daily basis .
I have ball undecided

12 Likes

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by Angelou(m): 2:49am On Apr 27, 2015
dat must be charlie hebdo... And if guys com carry gun go arrange dem 4 deir office, dem go dy yarn

13 Likes

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 2:54am On Apr 27, 2015
you have no balls
Edwardhead:
I have ball undecided

They get abused, picked on, harassed, enslaved by everyone!
They have poor and weak nations!
They hold no power as a race even though they are one of the biggest and oldest races on the planet….
Why is that?
Regardless of the reasons … the facts are …
African men are weak.
They are coward.
They have no balls.
Their balls are not hard enough.
They can’t defend their women, their land.
They refuse to fight.
They are afraid. Cowards men of Africa.
The only reputation they have is for having big Dick!
They’d do anything possible to escape their responsibility to fight their enemies.
They think praying some God in a sky will miraculously save them!
If God would save any nation by miraculous intervention, why then Israel, the chosen nation of God, has an army?
During the last 60 year, the West has lost all their wars in Asia, because Asian men are willing to fight, and defend their lands and culture, and they have learned how to structure their society to be impermeable to foreign invasions!
America has sent 150 000 soldiers in Afghanistan, with tens of other western countries armies, with the latest weapons and drones, but the determination of the afghan fighters made them understand that can’t win. Now they are leaving tails between broken legs!
With less than 500 French soldiers (don’t laugh), France is controlling Côte d’Ivoire a nation of over 20 millions people!
African man, harden your balls, get ready to fight.
You Can’t Keep what You can NOT Defend!

131 Likes 39 Shares

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by Underground: 7:24am On Apr 27, 2015
That despicable cartoon was brought to you by your favourite satirical magazine, Charlie Hebdo in the spirit of "Freedom of Speech". A cartoon depicting African migrants with their charcoal dark skin and plump red lips sinking to the bottom of the sea. For those of you that jumped on the ‪#‎IamCharlie‬ fad, here is a new one for you to relate with........

By the way, let's not even get into the issue of how/why places like Libya and Syria are now shitholes that all the desperate migrants are trying to get away from...............

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by Underground: 7:36am On Apr 27, 2015
There has got to be a point where you draw the line between satire and disrespect for other people's culture and beliefs. As far as I am concerned this Charlie Hebdo guys have gone way too far. They have been reckless and insensitive with the garbage they have been churning out, shoved down our throats as satire. Below is what they posted just a few days before the Charlie Hebdo attacks.

They had it coming.

Above is a caricature which one of the folks who got murdered had just posted. The text reads: "Still no terrorist attacks in France - Wait, we have until the end of January to send you are best wishes". The crazy person shown in the drawing is packing a Kalashnikov and wearing an Afghan "Pakol" - the typical "crazy Muslim" in Charlie Hebdo's world

6 Likes

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 27, 2015
Speak for yourself.

CAMNEWTON4PRES:

3 Likes

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 27, 2015
Stop generalising.

Go to you village and try and abuse your neighbour's wife and children or to steal his land then come here and let me know how you got on. Then see if you could say African men do not defend their land, their women or families.

How exactly are African men weak?

Do you know the 100m final at the last olympics were 100% African or African decent ?

Stop making ignorant, sweeping generalised statement, pick any specific example so we could analyse your theory.

CAMNEWTON4PRES:
you have no balls

They get abused, picked on, harassed, enslaved by everyone!
They have poor and weak nations!
They hold no power as a race even though they are one of the biggest and oldest races on the planet….
Why is that?
Regardless of the reasons … the facts are …
African men are weak.
They are coward.
They have no balls.
Their balls are not hard enough.
They can’t defend their women, their land.
They refuse to fight.
They are afraid. Cowards men of Africa.
The only reputation they have is for having big Dick!
They’d do anything possible to escape their responsibility to fight their enemies.
They think praying some God in a sky will miraculously save them!
If God would save any nation by miraculous intervention, why then Israel, the chosen nation of God, has an army?
During the last 60 year, the West has lost all their wars in Asia, because Asian men are willing to fight, and defend their lands and culture, and they have learned how to structure their society to be impermeable to foreign invasions!
America has sent 150 000 soldiers in Afghanistan, with tens of other western countries armies, with the latest weapons and drones, but the determination of the afghan fighters made them understand that can’t win. Now they are leaving tails between broken legs!
With less than 500 French soldiers (don’t laugh), France is controlling Côte d’Ivoire a nation of over 20 millions people!
African man, harden your balls, get ready to fight.
You Can’t Keep what You can NOT Defend!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by thoth: 10:43am On Apr 27, 2015
There is no race more useless, more weak,more foolish,more cowardly and more ignorant than the Black Race.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by Underground: 1:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
thoth:
There is no race more useless, more weak,more foolish,more cowardly and more ignorant than the Black Race.

Lol! Take it easy my man, Thoth. Harsh words you have used but unfortunately very TRUE. We as black people just don't know any better. It's a sad, pitiful situation really.

Check out for instance how we are clamouring for the ICC whenever any of us utters any words that are remotely tribalistuc or xenophobic. Whilst I do not condone tribal sentiments we fail to realize the dangers of blindly subjugating ourselves to the judgement dished out by body created by the white man to further impose their will and control over us. Why the feck isn't Bush, Cheney, Rumsfield, etc foremost candidates for the ICC? Yet we quickly shout ICC for the slightest words of hatred or incitement. SMFH!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by Underground: 1:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
Reason I can't even partake in threads such as the SOuth Africa xenophobic attacks.

1 Like

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by thoth: 5:12pm On Apr 27, 2015
Underground:
Reason I can't even partake in threads such as the SOuth Africa xenophobic attacks.
During the Kenyatta issues with ICC, i was trying to explain the same thing in one of threads in Nairaland , you need to see how these ignorant black slaves were defending their white supremacist masters.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by CR77(f): 10:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
We can't change it

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
[size=18pt] I RIDE IT FOR A LIVING tongue[/size]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
embarassed

Imagine o!! To think we stood by them in their time of sorrow... angry angry angry
Issokay!
Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by free2ryhme: 10:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
freedom of speech indeed undecided
Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by nationwide1(m): 10:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
Nigerians who sing anti racism campaign most are one of the worst racists in the world even against fellow Nigerian.

For me racism can not be stopped. Someone or group will always have a reason or two to dislike another person, tribe or race. It has always been with man. Let's live with it.

Next.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by DickDastardly(m): 10:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
t
Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by nanizle(m): 10:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
I don't think it is.

The French have a thing for explicit, thought provoking and sometimes vexing cartoons.

But this is not racist. It's reality.

(Racist: A person who believes a particular race is superior to another. How does this cartoon show that??)

What if it were Europeans that drowned instead and the cartoon depicted white people. Would you say it's racist?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by Situation001(m): 10:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
BUT I'M STILL A PROUD BLACK MAN...

They are responsible for the disasters.. how I wish Africa grow to become a great continent...

1 Like

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by Blackchampion(m): 10:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
To d entire world
BLACKS LIFE MATTERS TOO

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by Feraz(m): 10:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
thoth:
Brother easy oh abeg! During this migration crisis, I asked myself - where did we get it wrong? Seeing how those guys are shown daily on TV (even Italians are tired of them) worries me. I mean, why are African leaders like this? Whatever did the followers do to deserve this? People running away from Somalia, Libya etc; it is sad to say the least.

Until we change our mentality and determine in moving this continent forward, we may sadly be stuck begging others to accomodate us in their continent.

4 Likes

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by obioraeze(m): 10:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
How can
Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by mcdokwe(m): 10:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
www.nairaland.com/2280900/urgent-action-stop-execution-indonesia#33174397

Stop the death sentence in Indonesia, follow the above link
Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2015
Lool. Abeg, let's laugh over it. Others should be allowed to make jokes at your expense.

1 Like

Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by CountDracula(m): 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2015
All of u are jus speakin french...
Re: French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea by mrborntodoit: 10:39pm On Apr 27, 2015
I won't be shocked if Nigeria produces the next Bin Laden.....since una no fit comprehend simple newspaper cartoon joke ...

Racist ko, Speedy ni !

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Putin Flies A Heavy Supersonic Nuclear Bomber Amid NATO Tensions (Video, Pics) / Ngozi Fulani Accuses Buckingham Palace Staff Of Racism. / Why France Kidnapped West Africa’s Eco Currency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.