Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

When Buying Used Laptop, What Should I Ask For In The Absence Of A Receipt? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / When Buying Used Laptop, What Should I Ask For In The Absence Of A Receipt? (630 Views)

Fans React To Wizkid And Davido Absence At Olamide's #OLIC2 / South West Absence At National Carnival A Disgrace, Says Group / 40 Questions I Ask Myself As A Nigerian.. (poem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Buying Used Laptop, What Should I Ask For In The Absence Of A Receipt? by MDMA: 10:02am On Apr 27, 2015
OK, so I purchased a MacBook pro, core i7 from my friend who has been using it since 2013.

He got it from Amazon so I am sure it wasn't stolen. However the recieipt was no where to be found when he sold it to me. He was about to travel out of the country and had no use for it.

Recently some members of the Nigerian Police Force accosted me and they demanded the receipt of the computer. And since I had none, I unfortunately had to find other means to resolve the matter.

Now I don't want such to happen again. What do do to avoid this unnecessary show of shame to keep repeating itself?

Are there (if any) neceasary legal documents I can tender to prevent another scenario?
Re: When Buying Used Laptop, What Should I Ask For In The Absence Of A Receipt? by kikesblog(m): 10:04am On Apr 27, 2015
Nice one
Re: When Buying Used Laptop, What Should I Ask For In The Absence Of A Receipt? by MDMA: 10:08am On Apr 27, 2015
kikesblog:
Nice one

Wow, your first post. Welcome to Nairaland.

(1) (Reply)

Swear If You Didnt Do Any Of This / Can You Ever Have The Moral To Try What This Lady Did In This PHOTO??? / True Life Stories:how My Daughter Was Saved From A Stray Bullet....see Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.