Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,831 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians (20905 Views)

5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions / Nairaland Most Visited Site In Nigeria Than Facebook.com - Alexa Ranking / This Is Why Twitter Is Better Than Facebook. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by MrBasketball: 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
Nairaland is sometimes frustrating because of the MODs. undecided

But by the way, who still Facebook nowadays? undecided
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
It is wrong comparing Facebook to Nairaland, they are different and for different reasons.

Guess the Op is simply after some position and he's swelling heads to achieve this. #yawns.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
Martins301:
1. Privacy

Unlike facebook where you have to use your name, upload your pics (which is archived) and post really interesting stuffs to attract likes, comments and friends, Nairaland isn't like that. Only your username (which can be as fake as the smile of a policeman demanding for bribe) is displayed, plus you get to change your profile pic (which can be fake as well) without the previous ones being archived for public consumption. This sort of privacy has given lots of people the courage to freely express themselves and exhibit behaviours they would never dare to exhibit in real life. Take for instance the case of beryl04 supporting gay rights and Depressedguy confessing that he is gay. Am 100% sure they would never do such in real life. Such privacy has also led some people to exhibit clownish behaviours capable of making people laugh e.g PhockPhockMan tit temitemi1 orijin101 and Airforce1

2. Learning & Information

In terms of learning and getting information on different issues, Nairaland beats facebook hands down. Nairaland has different sections and subsections such as politics, religion, romance, family, jobs, education, business, etc that you can learn and get information from. In fact, it has been statistically and scientifically proven by me that the less time you spend on facebook and the more time you spend on Nairaland, the high the level of your awareness and social intelligience.

3. Features

There are specific features that makes NL also better than FB. Some include absence of delete button and ability to quote the comments of other users. On the absence of delete button, I think its good cos it makes people concious of what they say, knowing fully well they cannot take it back, especially once it has been quoted by someone else. Although there is room to modify your writeup, it is still a good thing that ordinary users do not have the ability to delete posts so as to provide evidence and punish frequent rule breakers babyosisi barcanista and emmyw and temitemi1, and thus maintain decorum in the forum.

4. Historical Records

If not for the issue of hackers and data loss that hit the site, Nairaland would still have had the records of 'every and all' posts dating 5, 6, 7 years back. Facebook on the other hand appears to permanently delete your posts that are 6 to 12 months old. Am patiently waiting for October 2016 so I can remind barcanista of how he wrongly predicted or forecasted in March 2015 that PDP would win Edo state grin

5. Helping Nigerians

I don't know how many people in Nigeria have gotten jobs through facebook but I do know of many that have gotten employment through Nairaland. I also know of one or two persons who got helped with paying hospital bills through Nairaland.

Having used Facebook and Nairaland, I think Nairaland is the place to be for Nigerians. Feel free to add to the list. Like this post if you agree with it and Share if you disagree.

Source: Martins301

Best blog in the World
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Nicepoker(m): 1:23pm On Apr 27, 2015
Naira land is flooded with 60% fake info. Face book is much better.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by TheSureBabe: 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
THAT IS A LIE _ NAIRALAND THAT WOULD BE BANNING USERS UP AND DOWN IF THEY DARE INSULT SEUN .. WOULD MARK ZUCKERBERG DO THAT .. abeg Nairaland still has a long way to go

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by 1GIG: 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
Neva seen any site Like facebooK, so wonderfully made cheesy
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Truckpusher(m): 1:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
Ever since I registered on NL for the second time ,my facebook has gone comatose.

God bless Seun though some of his mods before were assholes angry but the crop of mods we have now are lenient and less quick to use their ban button anyhow. grin

Seun, nnua!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by ceejay80s(m): 1:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
@ op, u wan do eye service for seun.....
If u like give seun award ,he go bann u anytime u miss ur step

1 Like

Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by godoluwa(m): 1:26pm On Apr 27, 2015
dickrider:
[size=18pt]I HATE NL BECOS TOO MANY SEX STARVED IDDIOTS ARE HERE TO FRUSTRATE LADIES undecided[/size]
ur ehn...na wah 4 u o
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by gragraboy: 1:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
dickrider:
[size=18pt]I HATE NL BECOS TOO MANY SEX STARVED IDDIOTS ARE HERE TO FRUSTRATE LADIES undecided[/size]
See your username sef?.....

1 Like

Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by xage(m): 1:28pm On Apr 27, 2015
dickrider:

You opened ur dirty yansh there on ur dp and blaming guys... your cow that invited flies, should use its tail to drive them away...

I'm not one of those...but i dont blame them...

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by larryozomah(m): 1:28pm On Apr 27, 2015
soonest:
I don't even know the last time i went to my facebook page. I prefer nairaland anyday

Its Profile NOT page
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by seunwen2(m): 1:28pm On Apr 27, 2015
omishooo:
We need chat room or group chat to mak nairaland more better dan FB

what's stopping you from visiting facebook if you wanna chat this is a forum and not a chatting centre
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 27, 2015
I thereby dare d fake moniker handlers to show there real faces and ID's,,... Sipping my dowels
;:/)(i_+@#*
Don't forget to strt earning too check below signature out
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by HARDDON: 1:29pm On Apr 27, 2015
dickrider:

From ur Moniker, All evidence to the contrary.

embarassed
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by ceejay80s(m): 1:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
All the ladies go support the op because na for nairaland dem see husband marry,
Husband no dey Facebook
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
Nairaland is better than facebook? Uv been having _erotic dreams of late...
Also, uv been wasting most of ur time on NL,
I use facebook to expand my business and source for more income. Am connected to my old pals 4rm across the world. Its more like another world in our world.
Nairaland is just a home to fake itrolls
and their administration is very very poor angry
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Chigold101(m): 1:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
EMMYLASHTINS:
Kk we don hear so make we no chat 4 FB again abi? undecidedKk we don hear so make we no chat 4 FB again abi?
well whoever that wrote this article & the person that made it make front page does not know the purpose of facebook.

Facebook is created to connect friends. It is created to bring back old friends who have lost contact for years, if that friend is in facebook & uses the name that he or she is known with, the person will be available for friends if he is serched for.

When i joined facebook in 2008 i had little or no friend bot until 2009 before i started seing my friends on facebook.

All the features we have in facebook today like chat mssenger was not there in those days. I think facebook added those ones so that they will not be faced out just the way yahoo chat was faced out.

So before we start comparing things we should first of all understand the purpose it serves.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
sigh!

did i know u or something?

b!tch get the fork down

ritababe:

as stupid like u right?
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by fghanni(m): 1:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
nice one...
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by sikaxchange: 1:34pm On Apr 27, 2015
nairaland rocks anyday anytime but i am sorry Facebook is the big thing here on social media
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by MrBasketball: 1:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
tonychristopher:
Tribalist , igbophobic and others abound

but I prefer here .. the site loads easily
@the bolded i concur.

Very easy, no loading sluggishness, i give seun kudos for that.
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
nne na me!!!

u like the name bah?

evegran:

Sanusi Sanusi smiley

grin grin grin
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by timunstopable: 1:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
I believe the fact you cant delete your post is a minus and not a plus.

Also interaction with users via naira land so poor.i so hate the way the pm works
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by AdeniyiA(m): 1:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
Facebook is sooo boring these days.... unlike Nairaland, it's never a dull moment ...
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
5billion likes.... Ori e kpe
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by tigonana: 1:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
I no get money no dey my side again,I don dey addicted to dis nairaland so tey if my connection finish now if I no get money,omo na to go steal to subscribe just because a day without entering nairaland na lyk say I no eat for a week.tank u oga seun.
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Sharmeenator(m): 1:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
dickrider:
Why wouldn't they frustrate you especially when your username is "dickrider"?

Wait a second...is that really you in the pix? cry shocked Abeg let's make arrangement on how you can ride my own dick. I swear the experience will be smoother than anything you have ever rided kiss kiss
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by owolawitola(f): 1:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
Your name is dickrider.
dickrider:
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by owolawitola(f): 1:39pm On Apr 27, 2015
Lol! Exactly!
Sharmeenator:

Why wouldn't they frustrate you especially when your username is "dickrider"?
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Karleb(m): 1:40pm On Apr 27, 2015
I have a question.

If Nairaland was created in 2005 and Facebook 2004, why is it that Facebook is much more better than Nairaland?
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by richard870(m): 1:40pm On Apr 27, 2015
Even Mr Seun Osewa can't say such thing.I love NL but its no match with FB

Enjoy ur FP!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Blogger, Jide Ogunsanya Weds (photos) / The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites / 13-yr-old Nigerian Emerges Youngest AWS Developer Associate In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.