Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,546 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians - Webmasters (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians (20914 Views)

5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions / Nairaland Most Visited Site In Nigeria Than Facebook.com - Alexa Ranking / This Is Why Twitter Is Better Than Facebook. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 27, 2015
well, nl is a forum. all those things on ur list come with forums
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by GatJokez(f): 2:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
Martins301:
[/b]

I am not Nigerian and do not live in Nigeria, but enjoy NL much more than FB. This forum is very informative and entertaining. You get to know different points of view and opinions and exchange ideas with great people. Also nice way to make new friends. Thumbs up to NL. grin
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by omoharry(f): 2:28pm On Apr 27, 2015
ceejay80s:
All the ladies go support the op because na for nairaland dem see husband marry,
Husband no dey Facebook
who told you that...na wa for you ooo....
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by KingSango(m): 2:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
I really believe Nairaland is better for Nigerians than Facebook. The reason being is that it is yours. Anytime you own something and its something you created you determine its destiny. The next step would be for Nigerians to own their own internet providers. Too many times the algorithms set secretly by Google and other Western search engines allow filth, negativity and demonic ideas to reign. Like the time First Lady Michelle Obama is pictured as an ape, the typical European racism against Blacks. Also searches for anything related to Africa have less traffic and are harder to find on the net. Nairaland is a bold step in the independence of Africans. I love it. Nigerians created their own tablets as well. I love it. We should always create our own and support our own so the control is ours.
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by DaBullIT(m): 2:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
dickrider:
[size=18pt]I HATE NL BECOS TOO MANY SEX STARVED IDDIOTS ARE HERE TO FRUSTRATE LADIES undecided[/size]

Funny you'd say that, Your ID is an advert

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
[size=30pt]I got employed through nairaland and I am making 5k daily. God bless nairaland[/size]

1 Like

Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by nkemjacob2(m): 2:40pm On Apr 27, 2015
the idea were by u mke comment pple contribute makes it intresting, we must nt abide just in the topic of nairaland alone... Nairaland shud not detect or tell us what to tink... We have ideas we want pple to coment on and criticize... Dats d area i gv fb a plus
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by mrpackager(m): 2:58pm On Apr 27, 2015
dickrider:
[size=18pt]I HATE NL BECOS TOO MANY SEX STARVED IDDIOTS ARE HERE TO FRUSTRATE LADIES undecided[/size]
mtchewundecided

wit diz.... immoral dP of urz y wuntundecideddey PM U of s*x

APPEARANCE Shows THE MANNERundecided

even ur MONIKER.... SmH??
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 3:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
Ride on my people. I salut una. grin grin
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by ttmacoy: 3:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Fynpatra(f): 3:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
Hehehehe so true
tolustx:
Number 7. U get to know EVERYTHING about the actress "Tonto Dikeh"
tolustx:
[b]Number 7. U get to know EVERYTHING about the actress "Tonto Dikeh"
[/b]
tolustx:

1 Like

Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by drfk001(m): 3:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
one major problem with Nairaland is it's filled with tribal bigots and IMO the moderators are not doing enough to control it

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Seuncoded(f): 3:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
Confirm but dnt forget not all post reach frnt page
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by omokoladele(m): 3:18pm On Apr 27, 2015
You can compare Nairaland with Eskimi, smiggle.mobi, waplog not Bros like Facebook.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Nicklaus(m): 3:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
Martins301:
1. Privacy

Unlike facebook where you have to use your name, upload your pics (which is archived) and post really interesting stuffs to attract likes, comments and friends, Nairaland isn't like that. Only your username (which can be as fake as the smile of a policeman demanding for bribe) is displayed, plus you get to change your profile pic (which can be fake as well) without the previous ones being archived for public consumption. This sort of privacy has given lots of people the courage to freely express themselves and exhibit behaviours they would never dare to exhibit in real life. Take for instance the case of beryl04 supporting gay rights and Depressedguy confessing that he is gay. Am 100% sure they would never do such in real life. Such privacy has also led some people to exhibit clownish behaviours capable of making people laugh e.g PhockPhockMan tit temitemi1 orijin101 and Airforce1

2. Learning & Information

In terms of learning and getting information on different issues, Nairaland beats facebook hands down. Nairaland has different sections and subsections such as politics, religion, romance, family, jobs, education, business, etc that you can learn and get information from. In fact, it has been statistically and scientifically proven by me that the less time you spend on facebook and the more time you spend on Nairaland, the high the level of your awareness and social intelligience.

3. Features

There are specific features that makes NL also better than FB. Some include absence of delete button and ability to quote the comments of other users. On the absence of delete button, I think its good cos it makes people concious of what they say, knowing fully well they cannot take it back, especially once it has been quoted by someone else. Although there is room to modify your writeup, it is still a good thing that ordinary users do not have the ability to delete posts so as to provide evidence and punish frequent rule breakers babyosisi barcanista and emmyw and temitemi1, and thus maintain decorum in the forum.

4. Historical Records

If not for the issue of hackers and data loss that hit the site, Nairaland would still have had the records of 'every and all' posts dating 5, 6, 7 years back. Facebook on the other hand appears to permanently delete your posts that are 6 to 12 months old. Am patiently waiting for October 2016 so I can remind barcanista of how he wrongly predicted or forecasted in March 2015 that PDP would win Edo state grin

5. Helping Nigerians

I don't know how many people in Nigeria have gotten jobs through facebook but I do know of many that have gotten employment through Nairaland. I also know of one or two persons who got helped with paying hospital bills through Nairaland.

Having used Facebook and Nairaland, I think Nairaland is the place to be for Nigerians. Feel free to add to the list. Like this post if you agree with it and Share if you disagree.

Source: Martins301
you are right only with no 2. In case you are still watching the wrong side of your TV PDP won in Edo-state, my best assurance Barcanista rightfully predicted ok. I like nairaland but no other beats facebook.
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by pelij18(m): 3:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
tolustx:
Dude be careful... That's Seun's crush (babe) you're talking about.
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by cocokiller1(f): 3:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
Otenestbestyaho:
Narialand can NEVER be better than face book, not even in your widest dream. Pls don't compare seun local forum with MARK ZAKABAK almighty facebook. I hate seun with passion, if he likes let him ban me, I have spoken. Infact, every thing about yoruba people these days annoys me.
yeah
nl breeds hate among certain people 4rm certain tribes

I think they really need to do something abt tribal bashing threads or put them in check
facebook hardly bans
my fb page is more like an investment to me unlike nl

1 Like

Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Adeyinka12(m): 3:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
Though i spent most of my time on NL than FB buh both of them are different
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by EMMYLASHTINS(m): 3:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
Chigold101:
well whoever that wrote this article & the person that made it make front page does not know the purpose of facebook.

Facebook is created to connect friends. It is created to bring back old friends who have lost contact for years, if that friend is in facebook & uses the name that he or she is known with, the person will be available for friends if he is serched for.

When i joined facebook in 2008 i had little or no friend bot until 2009 before i started seing my friends on facebook.

All the features we have in facebook today like chat mssenger was not there in those days. I think facebook added those ones so that they will not be faced out just the way yahoo chat was faced out.

So before we start comparing things we should first of all understand the purpose it serves.
no mind d OP jare
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 27, 2015
Facebook is for kids, Nairaland is for adults!

1 Like

Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by akigbemaru: 3:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
nairaland or facebook
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
cocokiller1:
yeah

I think they really need to do something abt tribal bashing threads or put them in check
facebook hardly bans

*checks her profile, realises she's white*
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2015
dickrider:

LOLZZ.....YOU ARE CALLING YOURSELF A LADY?

YOU ARE A "N.Y.M.P.H.O.M.A.N.I.A.C"

YOU DESERVE GANG-BANGIN'

BIAATCH!!!
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2015
cocokiller1:
yeah

facebook hardly bans

Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by vone2000tolu: 3:56pm On Apr 27, 2015
really?
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by GoodBoi1(m): 4:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
Doesn't make sense. Facebook is like a superset of nairaland.
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 27, 2015
Nicklaus:
you are right only with no 2. In case you are still watching the wrong side of your TV PDP won in Edo-state, my best assurance Barcanista rightfully predicted ok. I like nairaland but no other beats facebook.

What are you saying? Did you borrow somebody else your brain before writing the above or do you have acute APHASIA? FYI governorship election has not been held in Edo state, and it will hold in 2016. The current governor is Adams Oshiomole of APC so which governorship election did PDP win in Edo? APC won 21 out of 24 seats in the House of Assembly election and also retained a senatorial seat [Edo North] so what are you saying?
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
dickrider:
You included grin
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Pricelezz(m): 4:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
We hv more scammers on fb wen compared to nairaland
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2015
In terms of getting informed Nairaland is better than Facebook.
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Nobody: 4:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
Op one plate of hot pepersoup for u,u've said it all.#team nl anyday,anytime!!
Re: Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians by Chiaka(f): 4:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
My role model remains minister of health -Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu for
systematically helping to stop the spread of Ebola in Nigeria.
Nigeria will also be declared Polio free soonest. We need more people like him!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Blogger, Jide Ogunsanya Weds (photos) / Difference Between A Webmaster And Devops Professional / The Traffic Rank Of The Most Popular Nigerian Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.