Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

My Father's Will - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father's Will (713 Views)

I Feel My Father -in -law Is Trying To Control Me / My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / My Father Said He Will Never Forgive Me Because I Didn't Go For Service!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Father's Will by ConfessionsNgr: 1:11pm On Apr 27, 2015
So it happened that my father died about two months ago, leaving three wives and thirteen children which I happen to be the first born. He was a very wealthy man, and we were each expecting meaningful share by the time the will was going to be read. In the will, he said everything he owns should be sold, and then ten percent of the whole money should be shared equally between the sixteen of us, and his four younger siblings. The total value of his assets is approximated 500 million. Yes, FIVE HUNDRED MILLION Naira. Ten percent of that is 50 million, and divided equally between 20 people means 2.5 million each for us. This is ridiculous because just last year, one of my step sisters spent almost 5 million on her birthday alone. The most annoying thing is that when we asked where the remaining 450 million should go, the will said to the church and charity. How can a man be that heartless? And his lawyer is a strict man who won't compromise. We have plans to contest this will or if possible write one that will be favourable. Any ideas on what should be done? What would make a man to be so wicked to his family?

http://confessionsnigeria.com/post/68/my-fathers-will

Story posted anonymously on www.confessionsnigeria.com Create a post or make comments anonymously on Your Confidential Social Site
Re: My Father's Will by worry357: 1:17pm On Apr 27, 2015
You must respect the will of your ex father and allow the church to benefit.
If one of your sisters spent that much then you are already rich people. But then rich people are also greedy people.
God will judge you and your family if you prevent this money going to the church.
Thunderfire and misery winn decend and rip your family apart.
You state that you are the eldest so I bet that you are already claiming a larger share in your greed.
Re: My Father's Will by CountDracula(m): 1:19pm On Apr 27, 2015
Jus here to observe... Nairalanders can giv advise ehn
Re: My Father's Will by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 27, 2015
I think the late father saw the extravagance in his children and decided to leave them with just enough to get by. (for someone to spend N5m on a birthday, which comes every year, tells you a lot). I guess he has trained his children to the extent that they can fend for themselves. N2.5m should be able to help a person start something meaningful, (assuming the children are not already working). Many persons don't have the privilege of having something left for them when their parents die, and yet they survive and become responsible fellows.
Re: My Father's Will by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
how can 1 person spend 5 million on a birthday alone , like kilode ? gr wrote his will before he died , left all of u with 2.5million, i'm sure he knew what he was doing . let the rest of the money go to church n charity like he wanted
Re: My Father's Will by timilehing(m): 3:48pm On Apr 27, 2015
Lazy children. Some people don't even have a father from childhood let alone sharing his wealth. Eat from your own labour. Lazy thing
Re: My Father's Will by Nigga44: 4:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
worry357:
You must respect the will of your ex father and allow the church to benefit.
If one of your sisters spent that much then you are already rich people. But then rich people are also greedy people.
God will judge you and your family if you prevent this money going to the church.
Thunderfire and misery winn decend and rip your family apart.
You state that you are the eldest so I bet that you are already claiming a larger share in your greed.
Oga na you be the man pastor? grin
Re: My Father's Will by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
5 Million for a birthday shocked I guess you should all respect your father wish. Beside with that 2.5M, you can start a business which will blossom if u are not the type that spend extravagantly
Re: My Father's Will by worry357: 5:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
Nigga44:
Oga na you be the man pastor? grin

The mans pastor needs a new range rover to get to church and another 5 plots of land to build houses for his family members!

(1) (Reply)

If You Are To Die,what Will You Miss About This World? / Appreciate Your Wife; My Wife Does Not Work / Do You Still Use Or Have This Gadget At Home (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.