Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra (11474 Views)

Obiano's Donates House & Borehole To Widow (with Pix) / Obiano Donates Patrol Cars To Police In Anambra (Photos) / Willie Obiano Donates Gun-boats To Navy (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by August21(m): 5:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
Awka – Gov. Willie Obiano of Anambra has resolved to donate his salaries to the less privileged members of the society in the state.

Obiano said in Awka on Monday that he had sent a written instruction to his Principal Secretary, Mr Willie Nwokoye, to implement his wish with immediate effect.

“I have been donating it to the church since I became a governor,” he said.

He said that giving help to the less privileged in the society, through properly structured charity organisations, would make for more impact.

Obiano’

“After spending many fruitful years in leadership positions in the private sector, I earn enough pensions to sustain the needs of my modest family.

“So, I felt that my salary will be more useful if it puts a smile on the faces of some underprivileged members of society to whom the smallest amount of money will make a huge difference.’’

The governor added that he and his wife had always been deeply involved in charity and philanthropic activities, long before they went into public life.

He said that his administration had always carved out a place for the underprivileged members of the society.

The governor said that they had always award scholarships to physically challenged students in the state and set up rehabilitation centre for the destitute.

“We have picked up many destitute, including mentally challenged people whom we reunited with their families after healing and rehabilitating them.

“We shall continue to lend a helping hand to people in need as long as the Lord provides us with the resources and the good health to remember our obligations to Him,” he said.

Barely a week ago, Obiano and his wife handed out 200 prosthetic limbs to physically challenged people.

The gesture, he said, was in continuation of his elaborate effort to give meaning to the lives of the needy Nigerians.

Source: www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/obiano-donates-salary-to-less-privileged-people-in-anambra/

25 Likes

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by ozoigbondu: 5:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
Thats my governor.People really needs to start praying so they get a performing and compensate governor like willie not blaming the federal govt for every mishap in your state

Willie ls Working

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by dasensible1(m): 5:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
This is a good one if it truly gets to the REAL poor people. Give the people good governance and the number of the poor will reduce.

5 Likes

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
Isn't that a good news??
I challenge how many governors can do it??
Well-done sire...
Biafra will remember the good gesture rendered to his people... Its first son for that matter...

Willie I working damn

19 Likes

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by prettyjo(f): 5:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
he don try
Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by wachakuta(m): 5:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
Abeg tell him to Cut down on d expenses on wchich d government is been run... that way many people will benefit

1 Like

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by ki02020(m): 6:03pm On Apr 27, 2015
If we can have governors like Obiano in the east the east will be a much better region in the next ten years

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by shaboti: 6:18pm On Apr 27, 2015
Hm. I jos dey look dis man
Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
When u have a governor. Ready to follow the footprint of Mr Peter Obi.

Not some qualified lazy janjaweedz, blaming GEJ for everything.

28 Likes

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by CR77(f): 6:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
Nice one but give less and steal more

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by efilefun(m): 6:48pm On Apr 27, 2015
And who says change ain't in town Nigeria will surely move forward even though some people are praying for the downfall of this administration cuz of the hatred they got in them.... I pray they are all disappointed at the end of this tenure, and we all shall be proud of Nigeria again.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 27, 2015
Ok, we need light in umuleri and aguleri now or never.

How can there be no light for more three years and nothing done from your end. What nonsense is this ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by uchesino(m): 6:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
No matter how small and political it may be, kai bros u try....kados

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by Kx: 6:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
Giving is not about the amount but rather the intention.

Given that he makes so much ordinarily as a governor, releasing his monthly salary in total to the less priveledged is still indeed unheard of in our clime.

Kudos.

10 Likes

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by shamecurls(m): 6:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
Scam! Donating salary while treasury is being looted

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by 20bc(m): 6:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
Hmmm... Nollywood movie.... Mr man if you continue like this you will go broke, and by then you won't have money to contest for the next election... So better stop this drama...
we know you are just acting..But continue
Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by toluxa1(m): 6:54pm On Apr 27, 2015
Salary is chicken change. Allowance nko?

https://www.nairaland.com/2279702/lg-g2-32gb-black-plus

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by cycline404(m): 6:55pm On Apr 27, 2015
He try @least

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by JuanDeDios: 6:57pm On Apr 27, 2015
Lucky Igbinedion used to do something similar during his term as Edo governor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by mosho2good: 6:57pm On Apr 27, 2015
This is wat I call Good citizenship

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by prettyrosiemua(f): 6:58pm On Apr 27, 2015
that's so nice of him.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
That's commendable... how about his security vote

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by neolboy(m): 7:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
Ok. well done
Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by Deltagiant: 7:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
Ive eji abu Omambala erika!

Iburo Akpokuedike na nkiti!

Jisie ike...Dejee nwannem, Willie

9 Likes

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by Emyben(m): 7:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
Keneking:
Ok, we need light in umuleri and aguleri now or never.

How can there be no light for more three years and nothing done from your end. What nonsense is this ?

Nteje own worse pass. Av never com bk to my town and see light. 3 years and counting.
Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by M4gunners: 7:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
God bless you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
toluxa1:
Salary is chicken change. Allowance nko?

https://www.nairaland.com/2279702/lg-g2-32gb-black-plus

How much of your salary have you ever donated to the less privilege ,and that's if you have a job.

12 Likes

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:19pm On Apr 27, 2015
Deltagiant:

Ive eji abu Omambala erika!

Iburo Akpokuedike na nkiti!

Jisie ike...Dejee nwannem, Willie

Ibu Omanbala adiro fechaa. Akpokue di ike wee jebe na afa.
Okanga Omanbala ga adigide.

5 Likes

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by ndcide(m): 7:23pm On Apr 27, 2015
commendable!!!.

unlike our state where toll gate booty is being given to the rich.

7 Likes

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by Cuche: 7:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
A good move, however, a functional vocational center across the LGs will make more impact
We have a Leader in Anambra State, If Biafra existed today Mr Obiano will be my first pick for the President

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra by typ111: 7:26pm On Apr 27, 2015
Is this really for real Anyway i have every right to belive this even though Nigerian politicians have made it look as if every political office holder is a criminal. But the truth still remains that there are individuals who have the heart of giving

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Isa Misau: 50% Of APC Members Are Unhappy With Fani-Kayode’s Return To Our Party / APC Adopts Direct Primary, Set To Reclaim Edo From PDP / Bola Tinubu Shows Off On Exercise Bike To Confirm He's "Well"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.