Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,449 members, 7,781,301 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:01 PM

Gabby's Fusion Recipe's - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Gabby's Fusion Recipe's (3630 Views)

(PHOTO) Introducing New Recipe- GREEN EBA A.k.a 'ebbage'. / Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks / Ofada Stew Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Gabry(f): 7:32am On Feb 03, 2009
Im going to post my recipes which is all mixed up around the globe here. Some would be odd and some would be interesting but ive tried it and my housemates, family and friends have tried it and it has been approve. Otherwise, I no fit post here cause I might poison you guys ooo. LOL grin

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee cooking but I dont really like staying to the recipe most especially I dont really to look at recipe books. I just like to do and experiment things on my own regardless whether it taste good or bad but so far, people go say it tatsed good. When Im in the house which Im staying with my bf, I get to cook whatever I want and he and my housemate will be the garbage bin. . . tongue Meaning they would eat them all up but once Im at home with my family. . . Hmmm. . . Its hard to get the opportunity to cook because all of my family members are cooks. sad

As for ingredients. . . I dont really measure or count cause I know how much to put in. I got use to it as I usually cook for parties or ocassions so uhm,. . Excuse me on that one. I no fit tell you how much I put in. . . Eya pele oo
so here goes. grin
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Gabry(f): 7:40am On Feb 03, 2009
Recipe #1

Inspired by a Nigerian recipe and a Chinese recipe  - Chinese Sausage in pounded Yam

Ingredients
yam tuber
water
Chinese sausage (lap Cheong) - Made from Pork meat.
olive oil
Chop garlic
Chop Onions
coriander

Preparation

1) Peel off skin of yam with knife and cut into 1/2-inch lengths.

2) Wash in cold to lukewarm water.

3) Place yam in a large skillet and bring to a boil.

4) Add enough water to cover the yam and cook for 25 minutes.

5) Drain and pound smooth in mortar and pestle, or put in food processor or blender one piece at a time until it forms a soft dough of pounded yam.

6) slice Chinese Sausage to thin slices

7) Warm up fryin wok and put in olive oil ( a dash would be fine)

cool Fry chop garlic and onions till brown

9) Put in Chinese Sausage (lap cheong) and stir fried for 5 - 10 secs

10) Put in pounded yam and stir em. . . When it gets dry, pour in dash of water bit by bit and keep stirring so that it will avoid the yam from sticking on the wok

11) Put in salt and pepper for taste

12) The garnishing would be the coriander leaf.

Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Gabry(f): 3:05pm On Feb 03, 2009
Recipe #2

Inspied by a Nigerian and Italian Recipe - A cmbination of Jollof Rice and Pizza Filling!

Ingredients
Oil
Chicken, cut into pieces
Water or stock
Onions, chopped
Red & Green Pepper / Capsicum - diced
Garlic, minced
Rice
Tomato paste
Tomatoes, chopped
Pepperoni – Sliced thinly
Green beans -- 1 cup
Cabbage, chopped -- 1 cup
Grated Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese - Both cheesse have completely different taste and texture its because the Mozarella is made from Buffalo's milk which guarantees more elasticity there and the Cheddar, yeah,. . . Cow's Milk! However, both really goes well together especially when it is accompanied with any tomato based dishes

na waaa ooo! It will be perfect if you put in Oregano leaves /herbs in this dish~!!! U know right what happens when Tomato + cheese + Oregano combined together? = HEAVEN! BAM! grin kiss

Preparation

1) Heat oil in a pot

2) Put in chicken pieces and brown at all sides

3)Remove the chicken to another large pot (But keep the 1st pot with its oil cause you need it) and add water or stock. Bring to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer it for 20 minutes.

4) Take back the 1st pot with the oil and stir fried the chopped onions, minced garlic and pepperoni

5) Put in the rice to the mixture and stir it in together for a few mins

6) Put in Tomato paste and Chopped tomatoes and let it cooked for 2 – 3 mins

7) Pour in the chicken and its simmering liquid into the rice pot and add the carrots, green beans and cabbage. Season well with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover tightly and simmer for 20 minutes.

cool After that pour the whole rice filling on a molded tin and put Grated Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese on top

9) Put the whole thing in the oven for the Cheese to melt

10) Ready to be served
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by SeanT21(f): 9:21pm On Feb 03, 2009
hmmmm,Looks GOOD!!
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by martho(m): 10:58pm On Feb 03, 2009
i've been eating asian foods 4 about 7 yrs,in fact about 3 to 4 times a week.my favourites are fried duck,chicken soup and other hot sauces. i also enjoy thailand and chinese dishes a lot.
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Epi: 11:19pm On Feb 03, 2009
Gabby

Excellent Idea.  Nairaland forum has people from different backgrounds sharing/voicing their experiences/opinions - so why not share our Cultural Cuisine Cooking. wink kiss kiss

1 love
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by TOYOSI20(f): 11:47pm On Feb 03, 2009
Nice one Gabby smiley
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Gabry(f): 1:17am On Feb 04, 2009
SeanT21:

hmmmm,Looks GOOD!!

Thanks sister kiss

martho:

i've been eating asian food 4 about 7 yrs,in fact about 3 to 4 times a week.my favourites are fried duck,chicken soup and other hot sauces. i also enjoy thailand and chinese dishes a lot.

wow! I love someone whom appreciates gastronomique alot! smiley

epi:

Gabby

Excellent Idea. Nairaland forum has people from different backgrounds sharing/voicing their experiences/opinions - so why not share our Cultural Cuisine Cooking. wink kiss kiss

1 love

Thank you jare Epi. kiss

TOYOSI20:

Nice one Gabby smiley

Toyosi, I never thought of you to come into this section naa. Nice to see you in here grin kiss
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Gabry(f): 1:32am On Feb 04, 2009
Recipe #3

Inspired by Japanese, French and German cuisine - A combination of Sushi wrapped up in German sausage, aired dried meat and Raclette!

Ingredients
Nori Seaweed Sheet
Wasabi
Japanese or Normal White rice
White Vinegar
Cucumber- Cut it into Jadiniere size meaning long thin strips of the same size
Mayonaise
Aired Dried Meat - Cut into Jardiniere
German sausage - Cut into Jardiniere
Eggs - Hard Boiled
Lemon Juice - prefarably the freshly squeezed lemon ( you dont need alot, just enough for flavoring)
Raclette Cheese - Cut to Julienne meaning into small thin squares
Salt and Pepper

Preparations

1) Boil the rice. I hope you know how to boil rice ooo. . . . Ensure its not too dry. . We need it to be perfectly puffed up and a very slight stickiness to it

2) When the rice is cooked, add White vinegar to it and stir it untill the whole rice is being flavoured with Vinegar

3) Cool down the rice

4) Remove hard shells from the hard boiled eggs and mashed it. Mixed the eggs with mayonaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper

5) Refer to the below attachment on how to do sushi wrapping only that in Number 3, the filling, you put in the egg mixture (just a tiny strip), 1 cucumber, 2 aired dried meat and 1 German sausage. becareful not to over stuufed too many ingredients or you will break the sushi.

6) And follow exactly like what the picture below tells you to do.

7) When you reached Nu mber 7, its not over yet. You take the Raclette Cheese and put one slice on each sushi

cool Put the sushi in the oven for the racletter to melt and for the suhi top to have a slight golden brown colour.

Now you can serve and eat.

Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by SeanT21(f): 3:49am On Feb 04, 2009
Gabby sorry but I will never ever eat a sushi.NEVER EVER!!

~~I will pass on that~~!!
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Gabry(f): 3:54am On Feb 04, 2009
Why? Have you tried it?
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by TOYOSI20(f): 4:25am On Feb 04, 2009
Gabby dont try me ooo, cheesy me and food go hand in hand, i so love to cook too, cool kiss
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Gabry(f): 4:36am On Feb 04, 2009
Recipe #4

Inspired by a Malaysian and Nigerian Dish - Chicken Curry and Suji

Ingredients
Potatoes – Cut into Bite size
Whole chicken chop into pieces and parts with its bone
Onion – Chop
Curry Powder
Coconut Milk
Salt and Pepper
Oil
Flour
Hot water

Preparation

Cooking the Chicken Curry
1) Boil potatoes until half cooked.
2) When they are cooked, drain water, and heat the pan with 3 tablespoons oil and fry the potatoes for about 5 minutes; set aside.
3) Marinate chicken well with salt & pepper.
4) While marinate chicken, heat pan and fry onion until soft.
5) Add salt and curry powder and stir them well.
6) Add the chicken in and stir, then add coconut milk and stir well.
7) Add potatoes.
cool Simmer for about 15 minutes or so, make sure chicken and potatoes are cooked.
9) Taste it and add more salt and pepper or curry powder if you need.

Come peeps would like to add in Indian spices like anistar and lemon grass into their curry. Its all up to you

Making the Suji
1) Take a mixing bowl and pour hot water in it
2) Put in Flour and mix them up well till it becomes a dough

So you eat the Suji with the chicken Curry. Its nice grin

Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Gabry(f): 4:37am On Feb 04, 2009
Toyosi,
really? Thats good oo. . . so you and I can shake hand grin
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Hauwa1: 4:14am On Feb 05, 2009
girl, am sure going to use your mac and cheese recipe. i have been trying to make a nice one not those pally mac and cheese they have in the store. sorry taste so i will try yours! cheesy
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Gabry(f): 5:17am On Feb 05, 2009
*Hauwa*:

girl, am sure going to use your mac and cheese recipe. i have been trying to make a nice one not those pally mac and cheese they have in the store. sorry taste so i will try yours! cheesy

grin Which mac and cheese are you referring to?
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Gabry(f): 5:24am On Feb 05, 2009
Recipe # 5

Inspired by a Mongolian and Hawaiian dish - Mongolian Beef and Hawaiian Fried Rice but uhm. . . . I cannot help but to add a little Chinese Touch to it because I am 1.2 Chinese after all grin

Ingredients
Flank steak, cut into thin strips
cup soy sauce
cilantro, chopped
garlic cloves, minced
Garlic – Chop
Shallot (Red Onions/Small Onions) - Chop
hoi sin sauce
sesame oil
Brown sugar
Oil
Boiled / cook Rice
Carrots – cut to julienne
Peas
Corn
Eggs
Maggi Ketchup Seasoning
Pepper
Chicken breast – Remove skin and fat and cut to small chunks
Cashew Nuts
Pineapple – Cut to Julienne
Spring Onions - Strips

Preparation:

Cooking the Mongolian Beef

1)Combine soy sauce, cilantro, minced garlic, hoi sin sauce, sesame oil, and brown sugar into a mixing bowl
2)Whisk until well blended.
3)Pour marinade over beef, cover and chill for one hour, or overnight.
4)Heat oil in wok until hot.
5)Stir fry beef strips for five minutes or until done.
6)Put in Spring Onion strips and fry for a few secs and you’re done

Tip: Place the steak in freezer for 20 minutes and it will be much easier to slice.

Cooking the Hawaiian Fried Rice

1)Heat up oil in wok
2)Stir Fry Chop garlic and Onionstill golden brown
3)Put in Small chunks of Chicken breast and fry for a few secs till cook
4)Stir fry in the carrots, peas, corn, pineapple and cashew nuts
5)Put in cook rice and continue to stir fry
6)Crack eggs into wok and stir it. Ensure that the whole mixture has been combined evenly. If the rice is sticking to the wok, ensure you put a dash of water one at a time. Not too much as we do not want the final product to be soggy
7)Put in Maggi Ketchup seasoning and pepper.

Eat the Mongolian beef together with the Hawaiian Fried Rice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My bf says that it would be nicer if I add in Chilli paste to spice up the food. Hmm. . . Yes oo. He likes Spicy alright

Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Gabry(f): 5:58am On Feb 05, 2009
Ok Hauwa, when you said Mac and Cheese I got so move that I baked one today!
Ok, since Im creating a fusion menu, I know Mac and Cheese is always Americanize and thats why they would usually use their American Cheese which is Velveeta but Im going to change the cheese to a British and Italian Cheese instead and following a slight British touch to that by adding the Cream of Mushroom Soup to the dish but using Asian Mushrooms.

Recipe #6

Inspired by an American, British, Italian, Asian (China, Japan and Malaysia) and French Dish - Mac and Cheese

Ingredients

Milk
Water
Bread Crumbs
Minced Onion
Vegetable Stock (Boil a mixture of left over vegetables or vegetable scrapings and the water is use as a stock or you could buy the cube ones in the supermarket)
Mozarella Cheese – cut to pieces
Cheddar Cheese – cut to pieces
Parmesan Cheese – cut to pieces

(don’t matter what size you cut the cheese because its going to melt anywayz on fire)

Minced Parsley
Pepper
Salt
Macaroni
Button Mushrooms
Shitake Mushrooms
Butter
Flour
Cream
Eggs – beaten

Preparation

Macaroni

1)Boil the macaroni in a pot till cook
2)Drain water our from the macaroni and put in Ice cubes or butter or margarine and stir it with a wooden spoon so that the macaroni do not stick to one another.( URGH. . . That can be very annoying)
3)Leave macaroni a side

Cream of Mushroom Soup (They are the already made in Can ones sold in the supermarket if you want to save yourself all the trouble)

1)Heat up pot
2)Melt butter
3)And then insert in flour and keep mixing
4)Be careful because we only wan to make a white roux and not a brown or a golden one. (White roux means Flour and butter mixed on fire but keeping the texture a pale blonde colour)
5)Put in Shitake and Button Mushrooms
6)Pour in Vegetable Stock
7)Season it with Salt and Pepper
coolPour mixture into blender and blend well
9)Pour back mixture into the pot and mix it with cream to thicken the soup

(pele ooo but Shitake Mushroom are Black Mushrooms. It is originated from China and also can be found in Japan but its a very good type of species for a Mushroom soup. Same goes for the Button Mushroom. Im using the one we grow in Malaysia sef. But you can use other types of Mushrooms if you want to. Its no qualms)

Cheese Sauce

1)Combine Milk, Water, the three types of cheese in a large saucepan
2)Bring to boil
3)Remove from heat and mix in bread crumbs, minced onion parsley and pepper

FINALLY

1)Fold in beaten eggs, cream of mushroom soup and cook macaroni
2)Pour into a greased baking dish and baked it in the oven for at least 30 minutes under 350 degrees heat or until the top is brown

Ready to be served

Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by SeanT21(f): 7:54am On Feb 05, 2009
Delicious mac and cheese.

I am not gonna eat raw fish.I am not even gonna try it!!
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Gabry(f): 8:29am On Feb 05, 2009
HAAAAA. . . . Thats what alot of people have mistaken about Sushi. Sushi does not have to be anything raw. Sushi is actually a Seaweed wrapped with rice and with anything. It can be with fish eggs or chicken eggs (cooked one) or with Tuna or Chicken or Fish. Can be with anything,. In my case, I wrapping it with Egg Mayo, Dried Pork Meat, Cucumber and German Sausage and being blaze up with Mozarella Cheese.
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Hauwa1: 1:50pm On Feb 05, 2009
i thot i saw something with cheddar cheese and a pix the first time you posted. . . uuummmm

i love seaweed sooooooooooooooooo much. i have a very simple recipe from my korea roommie. the mat, seaweed, sausage and their rice. i make and eat it often cheesy
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Gabry(f): 3:59am On Feb 06, 2009
Haha! Youre funny grin. Dont let your eyes deceive you ooo tongue
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Hauwa1: 5:08am On Feb 06, 2009
gab, sorry it was epi's post i mistook as yours wink
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Gabry(f): 6:02am On Feb 06, 2009
Recipe #7

Inspired by a North African and a Middle Eastern Dish - BBQ Grilled Middle Eastern Chicken and Stir Fried CousCous

Ingredients

Parsley – Finely chopped
Fresh fennel tops – Finely chopped
Onions – Finely chopped
Plain nonfat yogurt
salt and pepper
Whole Chicken – Cut into four parts
Olive oil
BBQ Sauce
Honey
CousCous
Red Pepper – Cut to flat dice
Shallot – Chop
Garlic – Chop
Spring Onions – Chop
Maggi cube chicken stock – mix with hot water

Preparation:

BBQ Middles Eastern Chicken

1)Combine parsley, fennel, onions, yogurt, and salt and pepper to taste in a mixing bowl.
2)Remove excess fat from chicken. Pat dry.
3)Place fingers between the skin and meat of the chicken to separate and make space for herb mixture.
4)Place herb mixture under chicken skin, pushing it in gently under skin until all parts of meat are covered.
5)Massage the chicken to evenly distribute herb mixture under the skin.
6)Marinate the outside layer of the chicken with BBQ Sauce
7)Let sit at least 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator. Brush skin lightly with olive oil before grilling.
coolPlace the chicken, skin side up, in center of the cooking grate and grill for 45 to 55 minutes or until the juices run clear and the skin is crisp
9)Take out chicken and brush it with a little honey to glaze it.
10) Lime should be served together with this chicken. Squeeze lime on Chicken before eating

Cous Cous

1)Soak in Cold water
2)Steam till cook

Frying the CousCous

1)Put olive oil in wok
2)Fry the Shallot and Garlic till Golden Brown
3)Fry the Red pepper and Spring Onions
4)Put in the CousCous and stir fried
5)Pour in chicken stock
6)Pour in beaten eggs and mix well till everything blends well together.

Now you fit chop Fried CousCous with Middle Eastern BBQ Chicken

Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by spikedcylinder: 1:14pm On Feb 06, 2009
Chinese sausage in pounded yam? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Gabry(f): 1:25pm On Feb 06, 2009
Yeap. smiley
And thats why it is called Fusion Menu
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by dani1luv: 11:35am On Feb 07, 2009
Gabby!!!
These chinese food na wah oh
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Gabry(f): 2:09am On Feb 08, 2009
its not chinese, its fusion.And whats wrong with it
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by TOYOSI20(f): 2:22am On Feb 08, 2009
I see u Gabbbyyyyyyyyyyyy, . . .nice recipes, keep putting 'em up too!! wink smiley
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Gabry(f): 5:12pm On Feb 08, 2009
Thank you jare. grin
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by dani1luv: 8:33pm On Feb 11, 2009
gabrywyl:

its not chinese, its fusion.And whats wrong with it
Whatever
Re: Gabby's Fusion Recipe's by Gabry(f): 3:52am On Feb 12, 2009
Did you just said Whatever Stop it oo. . . I hate that word and it plain rude angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Menu For A Party / i need guide/steps on how to prepare a delicious catfish Barbecue / Why Does A Meal Of Beans And Custard Cause Sleep?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.