Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,821 members, 7,798,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers (48380 Views)

Why Real Estate Investing Is Better Than A Fixed Deposit Investment / Top 6 Reasons Why Real Estate In Banana Island Is The Most Expensive When Compar / Estate Developers: Mass Housing In Abuja, Nigeria: Smart, Affordable Land Cost! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 01, 2015
CityNG:

No offense but nothing you've posted means a thing to me. The thing is that our people like to brag a lot.

Do you belong to a professional organization? Do you have a list of satisfied clients?

Now I'm not saying you're not 100% legit but you need to work on credible proof points for potential clients.

i have got certified Prove for all you have asked but i will rather refuse to enter into a war of with yoy over this matter. Thanks

Please incase you still have doubts, My advise is that you visit our website www.barifecrealtieslimited.com or come down to our office yourself @ 51, church street Oshodi Lagos.

Our Honesty, Integrity and Loyalty speaks for itself brother
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 01, 2015
demisig:

i have got certified Prove for all you have asked but i will rather refuse to enter into a war of with yoy over this matter. Thanks

Please incase you still have doubts, My advise is that you visit our website www.barifecrealtieslimited.com or come down to our office yourself @ 51, church street Oshodi Lagos.

Our Honesty, Integrity and Loyalty speaks for itself brother

So basically you have no proof to offer then.

Last time I checked, Lekki Gardens have a site and office too.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Nobody: 11:24am On May 02, 2015
CityNG:

So basically you have no proof to offer then.

Last time I checked, Lekki Gardens have a site and office too.

Thanks.

Your opinion Sir but we show our client all document attached to purchase of the of the estate and every other documents to that will giv our clients the peace of mind they deserve

Don't Judge from afar Mister........ Alot of credible and honest people still lives and does business in Nigeria

GOOD PEOPLE, GREAT NATION
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by cecegorz(m): 9:39am On May 04, 2015
blank:

https://www.nairaland.com/862800/lekki-gardens-estate-how-genuine

Wow! Thanks for the link.
I read up from page 1 till the end.
With the rules and regulations, connection fees, service charges and all, I can clearly see that it won't work for me. How can I supposedly buy a home, and yet I will be paying pseudo-rent for life, with no right to make simple decisions
Their subtle strategy is to lure people with lower entry prices, then milk them for life!

It seems I'll have to ditch this idea of living in these fancifully marketed estates, getting a land in a good place and gradually build up will make more sense, with the liberty to enjoy the property as mine too.

I was running from Omoniles and their owo foundation, owo decking, owo roofing and all that, but it seems to be cheaper still, compared to these hidden charges from the estate developers. At least once the building is up, you are home and dry from the exploitations.

10 Likes

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by cecegorz(m): 9:44am On May 04, 2015
chitown:
Thank you lawyer for this article. I and some friends bought some plots of land in Mowe from Wisdom property for 500,000 each. Its been over 5 years now and nothing has been received. The last I heard they are requesting 1.2M for development fee. They got to be kidding me right!!! I wouldn't spend another kobo on them. The govt land is not too different either. People who subscribed to govt schemes in ikorodu and ijanikin are yet to see their land despite paying the govt fully. We truly need a change!! Everything stinks when its comes to land in Nigeria. The lasg has not fully performed their responsibilities to those citizens who were allocated land since 2010, yet they are coming out with new schemes. What they have done is making those in the land bureau stupendous rich by allocating these lands meant for the citizens to their cronies for resale.
shocked shocked shocked
These guys are so heartless! Imagine your 1m in 10%/annum investment for 5 years, you should have topped up extra 500k by now.
But then, what's the appreciation rate of the land now? Is it habitable yet?
Assuming you want to sell, can it fetch up to 1.5m?
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by blank(f): 9:54am On May 04, 2015
cecegorz:

Wow! Thanks for the link.
I read up from page 1 till the end.
With the rules and regulations, connection fees, service charges and all, I can clearly see that it won't work for me. How can I supposedly buy a home, and yet I will be paying pseudo-rent for life, with no right to make simple decisions
Their subtle strategy is to lure people with lower entry prices, then milk them for life!

It seems I'll have to ditch this idea of living in these fancifully marketed estates, getting a land in a good place and gradually build up will make more sense, with the liberty to enjoy the property as mine too.

I was running from Omoniles and their owo foundation, owo decking, owo roofing and all that, but it seems to be cheaper still, compared to these hidden charges from the estate developers. At least once the building is up, you are home and dry from the exploitations.

Let us do the maths properly so that we are comparing apples with apples.

On your Own (assuming all things being equal and normal usage;
1. Electricity bill in EKEDC
2. Maintaining generator
3. Fuel (diesel and petrol)
4. Paying a security man
5. Buying water (including Water Corp)
6. Security dues (gate fees, OPC)
Any other that i didn't mention.

Compare that with the cost of estate dues and 24 hrs electricity and not having to do any of the above. Remember EKEDC bills are really high. That is when you can know if the cost is worth it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by cecegorz(m): 10:20am On May 04, 2015
blank:

Let us do the maths properly so that we are comparing apples with apples.

On your Own (assuming all things being equal and normal usage;
1. Electricity bill in EKEDC
2. Maintaining generator
3. Fuel (diesel and petrol)
4. Paying a security man
5. Buying water (including Water Corp)
6. Security dues (gate fees, OPC)
Any other that i didn't mention.

Compare that with the cost of estate dues and 24 hrs electricity and not having to do any of the above. Remember EKEDC bills are really high. That is when you can know if the cost is worth it.

Using my current residence as a guide,
I pay less than 40k/annum for all utilities- water, security, Lawma et al.
My meter is Pre-paid and because there's not much supply coming from the Grid, not sure I use up to 1k worth/month. I use Gen only at night, no need for 24/7 as everybody is out during the day.

Now, remember I can decide to put a shop in front of my building, or even a BQ, and use the rent to defray all the utilities.
Fact is the over bloated estate charges makes it unattractive for me, It looks like I'm still renting even after down-payment for the house (after all the major motivation for owning the home is to be free from rent bills).

11 Likes

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by blank(f): 10:46am On May 04, 2015
cecegorz:

Using my current residence as a guide,
I pay less than 40k/annum for all utilities- water, security, Lawma et al.

40k for utilities a year? Wow. I am interested o. What part of Lekki is this?

2 Likes

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by cecegorz(m): 10:49am On May 04, 2015
blank:

40k for utilities a year? Wow. I am interested o. What part of Lekki is this?

Nah. That's mainland.

2 Likes

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by blank(f): 10:53am On May 04, 2015
cecegorz:

Nah. That's mainland.

Ah. Okay. Get ready for the culture shock. EKEDC bill will collect all of that in less than 2 months. Good you are using prepaid meter but if it is an IKEDC one, you will have to purchase another meter.

That your 40k will be less than what you will spend per month on services. I believe in estates cos i feel it can reduce costs without putting the physical stress on you but those rules and regulations are utterly crazy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by cecegorz(m): 12:43pm On May 04, 2015
blank:

Ah. Okay. Get ready for the culture shock. EKEDC bill will collect all of that in less than 2 months. Good you are using prepaid meter but if it is an IKEDC one, you will have to purchase another meter.

That your 40k will be less than what you will spend per month on services. I believe in estates cos i feel it can reduce costs without putting the physical stress on you but those rules and regulations are utterly crazy.

My current location is managed by EkoDisco and I guess their jurisdiction should cover Lekki too. Monthly service charge on the meter is a little less than 800 bucks (whether you use it or NOT), which I am sure that as consumers awareness grow, they will soon be challenged to knock the charges down.
The problem is people like LG charging double of what PHCN pays for the kw/hr, and then uses the 24hr delivery as an excuse to jack up annual fees to over 200k, while I enjoy the light for 12hrs max.
The greed they bring to the table is just what I can't afford to finance.
Using economics of scale, the overall service charges should even be lower than what an individual pays in an isolated home.

6 Likes

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by andychuks: 12:41am On May 06, 2015
embarassedSo sad about the real estate developers. Government should come up with strict regulations.
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Spyonsurvey: 10:06am On May 06, 2015
You can get in touch, check our signature
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by bodeface: 5:57pm On May 08, 2015
Guys, to add to all being said, becareful with deed of Lease instead of deed of Assignment, they knows what they are doing deed of lease, you never buy land.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by beholddean: 7:30pm On May 08, 2015
@ bolded...what rules and regulations do you find offensive pls?

blank:

That your 40k will be less than what you will spend per month on services. I believe in estates cos i feel it can reduce costs without putting the physical stress on you but those rules and regulations[b][/b] are utterly crazy.
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by lawyer(m): 12:38pm On May 10, 2015
bodeface:
Guys, to add to all being said, becareful with deed of Lease instead of deed of Assignment, they knows what they are doing deed of lease, you never buy land.

Your very correct @bodeface. A deed of lease instead of a deed of assignment would never give you the right to own the land in perpetuity. So many buyers make this mistake

1 Like

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by lastpage: 5:34pm On May 11, 2015
lancee:

Almost got into one few years ago , now imagine if u don't live in the country and u have paid , to get that money back u go suffer ehnhhn
I won't mention the name of the real estate company , it was latter I found out that they collect money from buyers and build for the another buyers that had deposited with them months/ years before you , so you will have to wait and pray for some to pay them before they can start yours .. and you will latter start seeing hidden fees coming up and low standard houses

When we support FRAUD this way, only to come out later screaming Fraud!

Go on, cover them up, its your money but dont blame Lawyer or anyone else in future.

This "Nigerian mentality" of COVER-UP needs to STOP! They defraud you yet you still say "I wont mention their name"?
You are not even kind enough to expose them so that "others" dont fall victim?

Compare how @Blank posts ............have helped @ceeceegorz

SMH

Lastpage!

7 Likes

Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by jimcykhan: 10:22pm On May 14, 2015
This piece is reach and serve as eye opener presently I want to acquire estate LAND in Abuja, for 3 or 4 Bedroom bungalow or duplex Preferably Lugbe along Airport road but I'm confuse any suggestions on reputable estate devopers in Abuja. who'll can meet all mentioned criteria
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by anthonynewthing(m): 4:47pm On May 22, 2015
like this.
Re: Why Real Estate Developers Must Also Change Their Fraudulent Attitude To Buyers by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 24, 2015
calculusx:
hhmmm i recently purchase acres of land from propertylink real estate coy. Need to do more research to avoid stories that touch the heart. They sound promising though but nevertheless better be safe than sorry.
i also have a plan with those guys, hmmm, its well.

@ Lawyer, can i give you the research to do on my behalf as im far away from 9ja. All fees will be paid. I look forward to your reply Sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Build A Block Of 6 Flats In Enugu? / The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra / Lady Laments As Flood Takes Over Her Street Where She Pays N4 Million A Year As

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.