Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan (47329 Views)

PDP Governors Planned To Impose Agbaje As Chairman – Dokpesi / Mohammed Saliu Usman Appointed As Chief Of Defence Intelligence CDI / "President Jonathan Is Chairman Of Boko Haram" - Maiduguri Truck Drivers To BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by tk4rd: 9:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
WILL HE SURVIVE AT THAT SEAT BEYOND MAY 29TH.??
Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by Jman06(m): 9:18pm On Apr 27, 2015
humberjade:
Mr President must be high on the same thing that led to his dismal performance in office.

One can't help but laugh at all these injury time firing and appointing of pple by GEJ...

What exactly is Mr President trying to prove at d twilight of his admin, when he knws fully well that these appointments will not last two months...SMY

He just sacked the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), Dr. Femi Thomas boss too.
Before you spread further lies against GEJ, get yourself better informed. GEJ didn't sack Femi Thomas but his tenure ended so he had to go. Besides his replacement is a Yoruba person, so stop reading unnecessary meaning into every action of the President. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by NovusHomo(m): 9:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
Thugnificient:
.First to comment the third time today. This plot of land is cheap to get than what people thinks it is.

You nor go find work ni?
Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by BabaO2: 9:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Nice one! There's nothing Buhari can do about this.
Why are you so dull? proof that it is not a political appointment? Why should APC work with PDP to derail his government. What goes around, comes around, I want to hear what Ezeife and the ibos will say when peter obi is booted out immediately before he infiltrated APC government. same advice they gave jonathan against Sanusi
However, he is not qualified for the job
Peter Obi was born on 19 July 1961 at Onitsha. He attended Christ the King College, Onitsha where he completed his secondary school education. He was admitted to the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in 1980, graduating with a B.A (Hons) in philosophy in 1984
Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by mikolo80: 9:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
Cuche:
Do these people think that an appointment like this is protective?
Senate would have protected Mr Obi from probe, that is where clever looters
go
A CBN Governor can be sacked by a President if found to be operating in some crooked ways let alone a SEC DG. I am sure Buhari will have none of this
How does senate protect from probe. Pls re-read the constitution
Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by Fourwinds: 9:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
Sweetguy25:
ok. wait till after May 29
Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by melvin0004(m): 9:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
kinibigdeal:
This will be a bad news to Gov obiano
how pls.
Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by FreeGlobe(f): 9:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
Apparently, the presidency is not happy with obiano's publicized visit to buhari
Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by kingslly(m): 9:27pm On Apr 27, 2015
Government is a continuous affair,GEJ is still in power till May 29th. The earlier response with PWC was a mix up.
Ephemmm:

We are talking of removing somebody in less than 30days to the end of your tenure, and here you are taking the discussion out of context.

Do you understand the word 'logic' at all? Wetin concern me with PWC? My simple question was that if you hire an employee, when will he perform in less than 30 days?
Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by linusbnn(m): 9:29pm On Apr 27, 2015
doctokwus:
I smear a rat.Hope obi has not been appointed to cover up some sleaze there.
All these last minute appointments have hidden motives;why not let d incoming govt make any new appointments? This is d same mischief that he manifested throughout his reign.

Bros drink cold water nd sleep with yur two eyes close abeg..GEJ is still d president nd so he has 100% right to do wat he feels is the best..If GEJ cough,he for wait for nxt governmnt b4 he cough,if he popo,he for wait for nxt governmnt nd so on..No be GEJ decides to pave way for this new governmnt?
Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by FreeGlobe(f): 9:29pm On Apr 27, 2015
jumich1:
Good appointment, congrats to Peter the Rock, I can see the Nigerian stock exchange competing with that of New York and London stock market.

only and only if political sentiment will not be guiding our incoming president
yes, like he did in anambra state bloody sycophant
Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by mikolo80: 9:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
Gejpresident:
gej till i die

I wish Buhari failure in his reign

if it didn't happen know I'm not called
Do you think before you talk? If buhari fails,nigeria fails for 4yrs or is it because you ran to Australia like a refugee that you want us all to be refugees with you. Pray he succeeds so you can Come home before Australians xenophobe you

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by ResourceMan(m): 9:41pm On Apr 27, 2015
bohari rather die than allow any other person apart from Sir Peter Obi to do the job. Reports have it that Gmb begged GEJ for close 5 hours to help him beg some.of his cronies to help his administion because gmb knows apc is completely useless. I see a continuation if GEJ in through baba.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by BabaO2: 9:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
kingslly:
Government is a continuous affair,GEJ is still in power till May 29th. The earlier response with PWC was a mix up.
If so why the ibos led by ezeife made sure Sanusi was relieved of his role as a CBN governor?. Peter obi will infiltrate APC government and derail it. He must be booted out immediately.
Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by ogundeleai(m): 9:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
..By the time new government announce sacking of chairman, envoys and head of parastatals which common at every inception of the new administration, All these sudden appointment will be taken care off.. Its going to be logic so no need to mention particular name or personal attack.. So Nigerians should not loose sleep on all these bogus appointment
Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by Mudorsis: 9:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
Mr Peter Obi's Resume
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED:

Christ the King College, Onitsha (W.A.S.C.)
University of Nigeria, Nsukka, (B.A. Philosophy)
Lagos Business School, Nigeria (Chief Executive Program)
Harvard Business School, Boston, U.S.A. (Mid to Mid Marketing)
London School of Economics “L.S.E” (Financial Mgt./Business Policy)
Columbia Business School, New York U.S.A. (Marketing Management)
Kellogg Graduate School of Management U.S.A. (Advanced Exec. Prog.)
Institute for Management Dev. (IMD), Switzerland (Snr. Executive Forum)

PRESENT AND PAST POSITIONS

GOVERNOR: ANAMBRA STATE OF NIGERIA
FORMER CHAIRMAN: FIDELITY BANK PLC
FORMER CHAIRMAN: GUARDIAN EXPRESS MORTGAGE BANK LTD
FORMER DIRECTOR: GUARDIAN EXPRESS BANK PLC
FORMER CHAIRMAN: FUTURE VIEW SECURITIES LIMITED
FORMER CHAIRMAN: PAYMASTER NIGERIA LIMITED
FORMER CHAIRMAN: NEXT INTERNATIONAL (NIGERIA) LTD
FORMER DIRECTOR: CHAMS NIGERIA LIMITED
FORMER CHAIRMAN: DATACORP LIMITED
FORMER DIRECTOR: CARD CENTRE LIMITED

PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION/ORGANIZATIONAL MEMBERSHIP:

Member – Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG)
Member – Nigerian Chartered Institute of Bankers
Member – Common Wealth Business Council (CBC)
Member – West African Business Committee (WABC)
Member – British Institute of Directors (IOD)
Member – British Nigerian Business Council (BNBC)
Member – Nigerian South African Chamber of Commerce (NSACC)

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by Mudorsis: 9:55pm On Apr 27, 2015
You all can now make your individual judgement on whether Peter Rock is qualified for the job or not.

Mr Peter Obi's Resume

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by Myluv1: 9:55pm On Apr 27, 2015
smiley
Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by Mudorsis: 9:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
nduchucks:
The real question is whether Peter Obi is qualified for the job. I hope someone can enlighten us on this because if he is qualified then there is no need for noise making.

Mr Peter Obi's Resume

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by otokx(m): 10:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
I see Peter Obi decamping to APC.
Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by humberjade: 10:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
Jman06:
Before you spread further lies against GEJ, get yourself better informed. GEJ didn't sack Femi Thomas but his tenure ended so he had to go. Besides his replacement is a Yoruba person, so stop reading unnecessary meaning into every action of the President. Thank you.

Well just so u knw, 'sacks and relieved' were d words used in d caption and body of d story by two newspapers on their web pages.
Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by obaobirin: 10:10pm On Apr 27, 2015
raumdeuter:
1 month appointment.

In 30days time, His tenure would be over so he can go back to Anambra and continue squealing like a rabbit

And several sackings + d newly appointed ones will come to play after May 29
Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by nduchucks: 10:13pm On Apr 27, 2015
Mudorsis:

Mr Peter Obi's Resume

Thanks. I find it interesting that his undergraduate degree is not related to Finance or Business; his B.A. is in Philosophy. So na diplomas and various certificates the man get. Hmmm
Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by olandoboy(m): 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
Mr obi,s appointment as chairman of SEC is good,even if he stays there 4 just 30days,let him enjoy the fruit of his labour
Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 27, 2015
NovusHomo:

You nor go find work ni?
Naxo o.. i reach work today and fortunately my boss born pikin.. i just go back home.. i invited my hoe but she no come.. that's why i stick with Nairaland o

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 10:26pm On Apr 27, 2015
Sweetguy25:
you make sense just very very small,tintini

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship Election: Soludo Wins 16 Of 18 LGAs Announced By INEC / Sani Mustapha Mohammed Resigns From APC / ‘Lai Mohammed Detained For Abusing Jonathan’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.