Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Throw Back Pictures Of Agbani Darego Former Miss World - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Throw Back Pictures Of Agbani Darego Former Miss World (4681 Views)

Agbani Darego-danjuma Shares A Photo From Her Honeymoon / New Stunning Photos Of Agbani Darego / Agbani Darego Sleeping With Her Dog On Her Bed!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throw Back Pictures Of Agbani Darego Former Miss World by edwapkalmeed(m): 7:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
Agbani Darego , MFR[2] (born Agbani Asenite
Darego , [3][4][5] 22 December 1982) is a
Nigerian model and beauty queen, best known
as the first native Sub-Saharan African to win
Miss World.[6]
Early life
Darego hails from Abonnema in Rivers state .
She was born into a family of eight children
and raised in D-line . [7] At ten, Darego was
sent to boarding school in a bid to shield her
from her mother who had breast cancer.
Darego's mother died two years later, and her
daughter has spoken of how the loss prepared
her for the future. As a teenager, Darego
longed to be a model, and despite her
conservative father's wishes, she auditioned
for the M-Net Face of Africa modelling
competition, but was not chosen as a finalist.
After finishing her Secondary education, she
attended University of Port Harcourt where she
studied Computer Science and Mathematics. [8]
Pageantry
In 2001, Darego was crowned Most Beautiful
Girl in Nigeria. Contrary to popular belief,
Darego did not replace Valerie Peterside after
the latter was dethroned, as she had won Miss
Nigeria. A few months later she was a
contestant at Miss Universe, and became the
first Nigerian to place among the top 10 semi-
finalists, finishing seventh overall. She was the
only one to wear a maillot as opposed to a
bikini during the swimsuit competition. [9]
In November that year, she became the first
native African to claim the Miss World title
(Although past winners such as Penelope
Coelen and Anneline Kriel are South African,
they are of European descent, and Antigone
Costanda , who represented Egypt in 1954 is of
Greek heritage). Darego's victory was widely
welcomed in her home country, and her one
year tenure included goodwill trips and
scheduled appearances on behalf of the
pageant, and a national honour of MFR .

Re: Throw Back Pictures Of Agbani Darego Former Miss World by englishmart(m): 7:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
you need petrol to upload the pishure?
Re: Throw Back Pictures Of Agbani Darego Former Miss World by Basildvalour(m): 7:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
This throwback too much o. The thing throw even me off balance...I couldn't even spot her at all.

OP, next time no carry us go back to stone ages, thank you cry

2 Likes

Re: Throw Back Pictures Of Agbani Darego Former Miss World by kestolove95(m): 7:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
India girls wia una dey wey dix babe win miss world?
Re: Throw Back Pictures Of Agbani Darego Former Miss World by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
You threw this things too far back in time.
Re: Throw Back Pictures Of Agbani Darego Former Miss World by edwapkalmeed(m): 8:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
gonna post pastor Matthew Ashimolowo throwback picture tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Throw Back Pictures Of Agbani Darego Former Miss World by homesteady(m): 11:11pm On Apr 27, 2015
I don't understand oh!
She went for Miss Universe and then Miss world? I thought its 2 different girls that go for the both contests?
Re: Throw Back Pictures Of Agbani Darego Former Miss World by Middlefinger1: 11:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
Basildvalour:
This throwback too much o. The thing throw even me off balance...I couldn't even spot her at all.

OP, next time no carry us go back to stone ages, thank you cry
Well spoken!!!
Throwback of life
Re: Throw Back Pictures Of Agbani Darego Former Miss World by abrahamobi1987(m): 1:32pm On Jan 14
englishmart:
you need petrol to upload the pishure?

ABGANI DAREGO THAT SOLD HER FIRST MISS WORLD QUEEN CROWN TO AN ENEMY CALLED DANJUMA . WE THE NDI IGBO & IJAW PEOPLE ARE NOT PROUD OF YOU. DIVORCE IS THE SOLUTION. GIVE US THE KING & HUSBAND OF THAT CROWN FROM IJAW OR IGBO

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive Glowing & Flawless Skincare Online Training Call 08180276559 For More / "I DON'T HAVE A BOYFRIEND" Meet Ella, 2019 Bbnaija Housemate Boyfriend "Joshua" / Ghana’s Version Of Bobrisky Surfaces Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.