Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Catfish Business: My Experience, Challenges And Possibly Feeding Solution - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Catfish Business: My Experience, Challenges And Possibly Feeding Solution (1756 Views)

Invest Your Money In Catfish Business Today / E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. / Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Catfish Business: My Experience, Challenges And Possibly Feeding Solution by dkings101(m): 8:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
Dear NLers,

I am into Catfish rearing business for close to a year. The experience so far hasn't been encouraging. The business is a fun biz. I enjoy every bit of it as it gives me the comfort to work from home and be my own boss. Now I don't find it easy as there are some factors that seems to be threatening the existence of the business which are feeding cost, period of consumption and marketing price during harvest.

The price for the feed has gone up since the devaluation of the Naira and reason being most of the feed are all imported except Vital feed, with its price has also increased. Secondly, the fish consumes 30kg in less than 12 days and which is N10,000 and they aren't growing as fast as I would ve desired. My wallet is almost empty and am going bankrupt.

I have devices an alternative feed for them. I Google and found someone posted on nairaland that the fish eats Indomie and biscuits. I also checked the food ingredients on durantee feed and I device a possible way of feeding.

I bought rejected noodles 10kg, add up and mix it with fish meal 72% 1kg, grounded soy bean 2kg and full fat 1kg. This cost me N2200. To my surprise, the fish are eating and picking it. I don't know if this would make them grow well as wen they are eating processed feeds but at least it would save me cost of buying imported feed which goes for N4500-N6600 and also stop them from killing and eating themselves.

It would be nice if the fishes are sold per unit and not by kg. Pls, is there any possible solution to overcome these challenges so the business can be lucrative cos I believe in consistency in business.
Re: Catfish Business: My Experience, Challenges And Possibly Feeding Solution by peterbello(m): 12:05am On Sep 19, 2016
dkings101, I just read your post. You didnt give enough details to help answer your question. Details like number of fish stocked and how old they were as at the time of writing would be needed to profer a solution to your problem.
However, I'll like to know what became the outcome of your feed formulation. Was it good or bad.
Re: Catfish Business: My Experience, Challenges And Possibly Feeding Solution by Nicogen4us(f): 5:08am On Sep 19, 2016
dkings101:
Dear NLers,

I am into Catfish rearing business for close to a year. The experience so far hasn't been encouraging. The business is a fun biz. I enjoy every bit of it as it gives me the comfort to work from home and be my own boss. Now I don't find it easy as there are some factors that seems to be threatening the existence of the business which are feeding cost, period of consumption and marketing price during harvest.

The price for the feed has gone up since the devaluation of the Naira and reason being most of the feed are all imported except Vital feed, with its price has also increased. Secondly, the fish consumes 30kg in less than 12 days and which is N10,000 and they aren't growing as fast as I would ve desired. My wallet is almost empty and am going bankrupt.

I have devices an alternative feed for them. I Google and found someone posted on nairaland that the fish eats Indomie and biscuits. I also checked the food ingredients on durantee feed and I device a possible way of feeding.

I bought rejected noodles 10kg, add up and mix it with fish meal 72% 1kg, grounded soy bean 2kg and full fat 1kg. This cost me N2200. To my surprise, the fish are eating and picking it. I don't know if this would make them grow well as wen they are eating processed feeds but at least it would save me cost of buying imported feed which goes for N4500-N6600 and also stop them from killing and eating themselves.

It would be nice if the fishes are sold per unit and not by kg. Pls, is there any possible solution to overcome these challenges so the business can be lucrative cos I believe in consistency in business.
contact through my profile to put you through.Yoi just go into it without adequate Knowledge.

(1) (Reply)

Signature Irregular Issue With Nigerian Banks (GTB Especially) / We Have Developed A Taxi App Like Uber / Make Legit Money Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.