Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,891 members, 7,806,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC (50250 Views)

Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities / Garba Shehu Bought $800,000 From CBN And Resold It At A Profit - PDP / HRH Sanusi Speaks Again On The Missing $20b And The PWC Report. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Mynd44: 9:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
$8.7 Billion on DPK and PMS subsidy!! *wails in stolen trillions*

7 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by tbaba1234: 9:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
Neither PPMC nor NNPC provided any support for NPA charges classified as part of the Holding Costs of Strategic Reserves. Page 104

5 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by superstar1(m): 9:49pm On Apr 27, 2015
When we were telling the saTANoids that GEJ's government was worshipping corruption, they were busy shouting GEJ till Jesus appears in the heaven.

I hope they can see now?

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by tbaba1234: 9:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
No supporting documents were provided for the $0.25billion claimed as NPA Charges. Page 105

250 million dollars with no supporting document... Chai, There is God o!!

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
mrmetoo1:
Diezani made this sound like it was a conclusive report. This is far from conclusive, they raised a lot of questions. A lot of info still being withheld. The wastage/losses though is mind boggling. Then the shell divestment deal between NNPC & NPDC too was quite revealing. Selling an asset worth $3.4bn for $1.85bn, who does that? Anyway still reading, is quite revealing and oddly entertaining.
This report is shocking i'm sure Goodluck Jonathan did'nt even read it before he decided it should be published after Buhari said he will probe him. This is beyond damaging to Goodluck Jonathan,Ngozi Ikonjo Iweala and Diezanni Madueke it leaves more questions than answers

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by dre11(m): 9:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
This is why the government says the report is statemented because a lot of errors and cover ups where done in the report

This has shown that massive corruption did go on in this present government that we don't know about

12 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
Mynd44:
$8.7 Billion on DPK and PMS subsidy!! *wails in stolen trillions*
I'm weeping for this country and some people wanted no probe and Buhari to forget about this and move on

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Mynd44: 9:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
If this report was released before the elections....chai

14 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 27, 2015
Buhari compiling names for Kirikiri after reading PWC report

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by bettercreature(m): 9:56pm On Apr 27, 2015
There is fire on the mountain

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by nduchucks: 9:56pm On Apr 27, 2015
Yawa don gas, as expected. cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by SirShymexx: 9:58pm On Apr 27, 2015
Mynd44:
Of this report was released before the elections....chai

I just read the first 10 pages and I've been laughing hysterically since then. So funny that I had to stop reading it.

These folks stole more than $20 billion.

Anyway, I don't think Buhari should've alerted them about the probe till he gets sworn in as the president. A month is a long time, and $20 billion can do a lot of damage before then. I just hope nothing happens in the country before then. grin

PwC just soiled its name with this nonsense.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 27, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
Firstus dos commentus....

OP, wetin u talk say happen, abt?

The thing wey happen, e get repercussion?

Pls send answers to my email.

Thanks
The repercussion that will be felt is going to crazy,Diezanni Madueke should just book a first class ticket out of the country before Buhari takes over that is all.

7 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by obi4eze(m): 9:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
Wallie:
I don die!!! Is this the report that the government is basing their decision that only $1.48 billion is missing on?

Did GEJ miss the paragraph on the first page that said "The procedures we performed did not constitute an examination or a review in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards or attestation standards. Accordingly, we provide no opinion, attestation or other form of assurance with respect to our work or the information upon which our work was based"?

A lot of people will surely be going to kirikiri!
PWC nailed it. The only way the looters won't be caught is if they get visa to heaven or hell.

5 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by NosoChic: 10:01pm On Apr 27, 2015
Why PWC chose to damage their reputation. .....This report is far from conclusive.

I suggest a joint audit KPMG and PWC (PWC should not be paid again oh).

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Mynd44: 10:03pm On Apr 27, 2015
SirShymexx:

I just read the first 10 pages and I've been laughing hysterically since then. So funny that I had to stop reading it.

These folks stole more than $20 billion.

Anyway, I don't think Buhari should've alerted them about the probe till he gets sworn in as the president. A month is a long time, and $20 billion can do a lot of damage before then. I just hope nothing happens in the country before then. grin

PwC just soiled its name with this nonsense.

This report is just crazy.

You cant read the first 15 pages and not hold your head and scream. Total madness.

This is a preliminary $20-22 Billion gone with flimsy excuses.

And those are the ones we know.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by doctokwus: 10:05pm On Apr 27, 2015
Kx:
In the light of lack of access to required documentation to do a thorough review, what stopped PWC from issuing a qualified report?
No it would play with semantics of "minimum of" so that the pay masters would make news DAT sanusi was wrong after all.
By failing to qualify its report in view of the obvious difficulty if true and allowing its report to be used to sway public opinion,
It is my opinion that professionalism was "lowered" to suit the powers that be.
Totally agree with you.
This report itself is nauseating on 2 major fronts:
-If not for GMB's victory, this govt would have hoodwinked us into believing that the $1:48b was all there was to the PWC report.The govt even conveniently downplayed the emphasis on the amount being d "minimum" to be refunded.
-For an auditing firm as reputable as PWC to be cajoled into issuing a report when it admitted that proper auditing standards were not met,is just annoying.
Finally,I wonder if GEJ was even knowledgeable to realise that this published report is an even firmer indictment of the govt because d main culprits refused to allow PWC go through their books.
Wonder what nightmare awaits us in the customs and NPA too and even all the shady contracts in f military while procuring refurbished weapons or short changing the troops during the BH fight.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
dutchjongen:

The repercussion that will be felt is going to crazy,Diezanni Madueke should just book a first class ticket out of the country before Buhari takes over that is all.
thank u

2 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by tbaba1234: 10:08pm On Apr 27, 2015
There is fire on the mountain... reckless! !
Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by OAM4J: 10:09pm On Apr 27, 2015
Kai.... No wonder he claimed stealing is not corruption.

See wickedness in high places...

There has to be a new detailed audit.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 27, 2015
doctokwus:

Totally agree with you.
This report itself is nauseating on 2 major fronts:
-If not for GMB's victory, this govt would have hoodwinked us into believing that the $1:48b was all there was to the PWC report.The govt even conveniently downplayed the emphasis on the amount being d "minimum" to be refunded.
-For an auditing firm as reputable as PWC to be cajoled into issuing a report when it admitted that proper auditing standards were not met,is just annoying.
Finally,I wonder if GEJ was even knowledgeable to realise that this published report is an even firmer indictment of the govt because d main culprits refused to allow PWC go through their books.
Wonder what nightmare awaits us in the customs and NPA too and even all the shady contracts in f military while procuring refurbished weapons or short changing the troops during the BH fight.
After reading this report Immigration,Customs,Ministries must be probed as well we can't continue like this. This people in goverment go to work everyday just to steal. It's now I know why we have no good hospitals,electricity or roads corruption in this country has reached it's breaking point.
Buhari has to find a way to clean the entire system it's to rotten

22 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by MrIncrediible(m): 10:11pm On Apr 27, 2015
gej my hero
gej my armed-robber
what a big shame!!

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by SirShymexx: 10:13pm On Apr 27, 2015
Mynd44:

This report is just crazy.

You cant read the first 15 pages and not hold your head and scream. Total madness.

This is a preliminary $20-22 Billion gone with flimsy excuses.

And those are the ones we know.

Cray!

And that's just one sector of the country's economy. GEJ and his goons wrecked that country!

The bulk of that money should still be in Nigeria. It's difficult to move that type of money offshore like that. But there should be an underground network of people watching every move they make cos that's a lot of money. The money has to be traced.

I think that's why they're floating the idea of Nigeria selling some of its stakes in the oil industry, so as to use it to buy everything up.

Anyway, PwC messed up - you just can't put a reputation built over the years on the line like that, for some crumbs in return.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by dre11(m): 10:13pm On Apr 27, 2015
Am highly disappointed that PWC did a shallow job here.....

And all the thieves we have in the helm of affairs could not steal in a clean way but ballant stealing and impunity keeps going on

Thanks Goodness we chased the robbers out and they will return every kobo they stole with interest

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by tbaba1234: 10:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
All those criticizing Sanusi should bury their Heads.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Mynd44: 10:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
SirShymexx:

Cray!

And that's just one sector of the country's economy. GEJ and his goons wrecked that country!

The bulk of that money should still be in Nigeria. It's difficult to move that type of money offshore like that. But there should be an underground network of people watching every move they make cos that's a lot of money. The money has to be traced.

I think that's why they're floating the idea of Nigeria selling some of its stakes in the oil industry, so as to use it to buy everything up.

Anyway, PwC messed up - you just can't put a reputation built over the years on the line like that, for some crumbs in return.
Their HQ will be reviewing their services soon.

As for the government, they should know there are in for trouble and a whole lot of it too. They said Sanusi lied but now we all know better

13 Likes

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by SirShymexx: 10:18pm On Apr 27, 2015
Mynd44:

Their HQ will be reviewing their services soon.

As for the government, they should know there are in for trouble and a whole lot of it too. They said Sanusi lied but now we all know better

Hopefully, SLS will help with his international links in the financial world.

If revenge is karma - this is the right time to pay them back in their own coin.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by doctokwus: 10:19pm On Apr 27, 2015
dutchjongen:

After reading this report Immigration,Customs,Ministries must be probed as well we can't continue like this. This people in goverment go to work everyday just to steal. It's now I know why we have no good hospitals,electricity or roads corruption in this country has reached it's breaking point.
Buhari has to find a way to clean the entire system it's to rotten

Going through snippets of d report with the caveat inserted by PWC in d opening paragraphs,the only phrase that captions it all is "diaris God o".

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by Mynd44: 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
SirShymexx:

Hopefully, SLS will help with his international links in the financial world.

If revenge is karma - this is the right time to pay them back in their own coin.
Soludo should also be called.

I can imagine Osinbajo, Fayemi and Pat Utomi studying this report and just hitting venting

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by youngalex(m): 10:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
The PWC report is half baked I will also support a full comprehensive audit of NNPC from 1999(When Obasanjo was Petroleum Minister)-DATE and also audit of other Govt. Agencies like CUSTOMS,FIRS,CBN etc,this will give a thorough idea of how our monies were siphoned and all monies siphoned must be returned...NO JOKES...I support BUHARI fully on this step

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by obi4eze(m): 10:26pm On Apr 27, 2015
I've not seen a government that lies like this one.
Chaiii where are the TANOIDS o!
GEJ their hero. Deziani their role model

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PWC Report Latest:CBN And NPDC Refused To Open Their Financial Statement To PWC by obi4eze(m): 10:28pm On Apr 27, 2015
Lalasticlala you don sleep?
Frontpage please. Let them see the deeds of their hero

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

General Azubuike Ihejirika Joins APC (Photos) / School Feeding Women Sat Overnight For APC Rally In Mapo, Ibadan. Pics / Fire Destroys Oladipo Diya's House In Lagos State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.