Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** (29658 Views)

Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / Man Feels Guilty Everytime His Wife Reigns Curses On The Men Who Raped Her. / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 9:21pm On Apr 27, 2015
Sincerely speaking, my Nigerian brothers are falling my hands big time!!!

Often times, I hear people (including the male folks!) Saying 'young women that are successful in their respective careers and probably drive cars are no-go area!' That's a huge sign of inferiority complex and an exhibition of shallow mentality! wink

Is it really an exclusive right for men only to be successful and own cars? Why do we have young women schooling or learning a trade? Is it not to be successful in their chosen careers? Do we expect these women to subject themselves to lack and poverty?

Today, most Nigerian ladies who are successful and unmarried are normally seen as a no-go area for men. They label such women as disrespectful and not submissive under wrong assumptions! This clearly shows a poor mentality of the male folks!!!

Nigerian guys need to live above this poor mentality and accept the fact that becoming successful is not an exclusive right of the male folks...success is all encompassing and can be attained by anyone, irrespective of gender!

Please, feel free to share your views.

Peace! cheesy

98 Likes 16 Shares

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by elantraceey(f): 9:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
Preach on grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by bukatyne(f): 9:34pm On Apr 27, 2015
Nigerian society measure the headship or 'goodness' of a husband based on his pocket.

They also see the headship as a license to do as they wish aka unquestionable grin

A typical Nigerian husband wants to be the 'head' So his pockets has to be heavier than that of his wife.

A number of women do not want to marry a husband that is not the 'head' cheesy

Some of the women who earn higher are also very heady too

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 9:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
elantraceey:
Preach on grin
Am just stating the fact because it seems male folks in this part of the world are still holding on to some trashy societal beliefs and having numerous false assumptions!

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by DahtzFestjayz: 9:40pm On Apr 27, 2015
Its true.

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by elantraceey(f): 9:42pm On Apr 27, 2015
Rapmoney:
Am just stating the fact because it seems male folks in this part of the world are still holding on to some trashy societal beliefs and having numerous false assumptions!

will you get married to a woman who is far richer than you without feeling inferior at times?

16 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 9:42pm On Apr 27, 2015
bukatyne:
Nigerian society measure the headship or 'goodness' of a husband based on his pocket.

They also see the headship as a license to do as they wish aka unquestionable grin

A typical Nigerian husband wants to be the 'head' So his pockets has to be heavier than that of his wife.

So women are even helping the men with such assumptions? My sympathy!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by bukatyne(f): 9:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
Rapmoney:
So women are even helping the men with such assumptions? My sympathy!

It is a cycle.
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by oloyede252(m): 9:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
so if your scared of something it equally mean you have low mentality abi,,,,,,op I tire for you o.....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 9:45pm On Apr 27, 2015
elantraceey:

will you get married to a woman who is far richer than you without feeling inferior at times?
So why do men in other climes not having same thinking if it is not a false trashy societal belief held by Nigerian men?

5 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by cococandy(f): 9:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
So it's all about head huh?

grin
bukatyne:

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 9:47pm On Apr 27, 2015
oloyede252:
so if your scared of something it equally mean you have low mentality abi,,,,,,op I tire for you o.....
Low mentality in thinking must have led to them being scared!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by cococandy(f): 9:49pm On Apr 27, 2015
elantraceey:

my dear you will only feel inferior if you're really inferior as a person compared to Your partner. Money or not.
So if a guy feels inferior to his woman, he's probably truly inferior.

If you're a great quality person, even the one with money will respect you willingly or unwillingly.
You will just command the respect without trying to.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 27, 2015
Oga wetin be low mentality again angry

Meanwhile no body was born with. A Mind of his own
U learn from what u model from ur environment

5 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by whizjay(m): 9:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
Nice write up... cheesy

Well....
The idea of the female being more financially buoyant in a relationship tends to weigh down the alpha status of the male..

The Ordinary Nigerian man won't like to be involved in a relationship with such women because he fears that she would become depend less on him as the provider, this eventually make her less submissive and disrespectful...

This type of relationship works,
Only when there's understanding....
Humility, from both partners..
One-ness...
And most importantly Love..

cheesy

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by bukatyne(f): 9:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
cococandy:
So it's all about head huh?

grin

Absolutely!

Their reasons might be:

She will be heady
She will be uncontrollable
He will not have a say
Etc. Etc.

All back to 'headship'
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by elantraceey(f): 10:02pm On Apr 27, 2015
Rapmoney:
So why do men in other climes not having same thinking if it is not a false trashy societal belief held by Nigerian men?

Well that didn't answer my question, you're a part of the nigeria men remember.

4 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by elantraceey(f): 10:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
cococandy:
my dear you will only feel inferior if you're really inferior as a person compared to Your partner. Money or not.

If you're a great quality person, even the one with money will respect you willingly or unwillingly.

you're right but sadly they don't know this and that's why they'll continue to feel inferior.

3 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 10:11pm On Apr 27, 2015
cococandy:

You deserve a medal for this, I must tell you! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 10:12pm On Apr 27, 2015
elantraceey:

Well that didn't answer my question, you're a part of the nigeria men remember.
Yeah, am a Nigerian man but I don't have such backward mentality! cool

10 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 10:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
bukatyne:

Absolutely!

Their reasons might be:

She will be heady
He will not have a say
Etc. Etc.

All back to 'headship'
When you feel insecure about the success of another person, be it your spouse or not, there's an atom of inferiority complex.

6 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by okotv(m): 10:16pm On Apr 27, 2015
Thank God for the church I was raised up in.
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 10:17pm On Apr 27, 2015
DahtzFestjayz:
Its true.
wink
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by cococandy(f): 10:17pm On Apr 27, 2015
bukatyne:

Absolutely!

Their reasons might be:

She will be heady
He will not have a say
Etc. Etc.

All back to 'headship'
It is all about the head.
Always has been grin

Who's head is bigger?
"My head is bigger than yours. damn right. It's bigger than yours"

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 10:18pm On Apr 27, 2015
okotv:
Thank God for the church I was raised up in.
What is it about the church?

2 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by naijaboiy: 10:20pm On Apr 27, 2015
cool
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by okotv(m): 10:26pm On Apr 27, 2015
Rapmoney:
What is it about the church?
What I was taught about marriage helps in excluding all these inferiority complexes and all what not in the 21st century marriages.

3 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Twaci(f): 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Twaci(f): 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
There was this story I heard one time, a guy saw a girl in a shopping mall and approached her. They talked...gisted was more like it and even exchanged numbers.

The guy didn't call back and refused to pick her calls later on. Why?

"She paid my bills -" he had replied.

And I asked myself, so what? But then he finished his sentence. "- it was worth N52, 500"

More to that, another thing that had got to him was the fact that the girl drove off in a sweet ride while he had hailed a taxi.

Thanks for the info Rapmoney, hope guys read and understand this.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by bukatyne(f): 10:34pm On Apr 27, 2015
Rapmoney:
When you feel insecure about the success of another person, be it your spouse or not, there's an atom of inferiority complex.

True

3 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by bukatyne(f): 10:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
cococandy:

It is all about the head.
Always has been grin

Who's head is bigger?
"My head is bigger than yours. damn right. It's bigger than yours"

Lol!

I need to get tape rule immediately grin
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 27, 2015
cococandy:

Must men want women to worship them? Jeez!

Even if she's not successful that doesn't mean she should worship him. For what?

Respect is reciprocal. Husband and wife should respect each other, irregardless.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do Men Do DNA Test ? – Lady Asks / The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage / What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.