Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** (29656 Views)

Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / Man Feels Guilty Everytime His Wife Reigns Curses On The Men Who Raped Her. / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by cococandy(f): 10:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
bukatyne:

Lol!
I need to get tape rule immediately grin
grin
Vickybee:

Must men want women to worship them? Jeez!
Even if she's not successful that doesn't mean she should worship him. For what?
Respect is reciprocal. Husband and wife should respect each other, irregardless.

Yea respect is reciprocal and husband and wife definitely should respect each other.
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by elantraceey(f): 10:49pm On Apr 27, 2015
Rapmoney:
Yeah, am a Nigerian man but I don't have such backward mentality! cool

oh really, it's not just in words you know.

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 10:55pm On Apr 27, 2015
elantraceey:

oh really, it's not just in words you know.
The last thing I would want to be is being a hypocrite! If I was, I wouldn't post this up here wink

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 11:32pm On Apr 27, 2015
Twaci:
There was this story I heard one time, a guy saw a girl in a shopping mall and approached her. They talked...gisted was more like it and even exchanged numbers.

The guy didn't call back and refused to pick her calls later on. Why?

"She paid my bills -" he had replied.

And I asked myself, so what? But then he finished his sentence. "- it was worth N52, 500"

More to that, another thing that had got to him was the fact that the girl drove off in a sweet ride while he had hailed a taxi.

Thanks for the info Rapmoney, hope guys read and understand this.
Thanks for the understanding. I always and will continue to stand for the truth!

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by yhusiee(f): 11:33pm On Apr 27, 2015
Rapmoney:

Is it really an exclusive right for men only to be successful and own cars? Why do we have young women schooling or learning a trade? Is it not to be successful in their chosen careers? Do we expect these women to subject themselves to lack and poverty?

cheesy
A woman should be successful, no doubts. It is an orderly procedural thing starting with her family. Especially her husband. If she can adequately take care of her family and handle her job, then it's not a problem; but that is not the case in most cases, we women tend to focus more on one more than the other. Most of us are just not that strong. Kuddooss to the strong ones anyway!

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by bukatyne(f): 11:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
yhusiee:

A woman should be successful, no doubts. It is an orderly procedural thing starting with her family. Especially her husband. If she can adequately take care of her family and handle her job, then it's not a problem; but that is not the case in most cases, we women tend to focus more on one more than the other. Most of us are just not that strong. Kuddooss to the strong ones anyway!

I thought the stereotype is that women are better multitaskers?

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 11:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
yhusiee:

...and why is this particular to Nigerian women mostly?

2 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by An0nimus: 11:51pm On Apr 27, 2015
Rapmoney:
Yeah, am a Nigerian man but I don't have such backward mentality! cool

That's good to know.

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 11:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
An0nimus:

That's good to know.
Yeah, bro.
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by cococandy(f): 1:28am On Apr 28, 2015
yhusiee:

If you're not my dear, doesn't mean others are not.
Most women I know manage work,home and even extra studies just fine.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by pacino26(m): 8:11am On Apr 28, 2015
elantraceey:

will you get married to a woman who is far richer than you without feeling inferior at times?

I think the topic is over rated. And to your question I'll gladly do, you've to know your self worth as a human being then understand your worth as a man not tied to your acc balance.

Plus what's the definition of a successful woman@ Op

2 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by oloyede252(m): 9:45am On Apr 28, 2015
Rapmoney:
Low mentality in thinking must have led to them being scared!
mr rap.people have thier set standard so if a man those not want that,it doesnt mean he is scared or have low mentality.it simply means he want what he is comfortable with..so if you are comfortable with that good for u..
So ladies who prefer to date rich guys is that low mentality or are they scared too.

18 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 11:15am On Apr 28, 2015
oloyede252:

mr rap.people have thier set standard so if a man those not want that,it doesnt mean he is scared or have low mentality.it simply means he want what he is comfortable with..so if you are comfortable with that good for u..
So ladies who prefer to date rich guys is that low mentality or are they scared too.
You should know this is not a universal phenomenon but particular to Nigerian men. What does this show? It shows that Nigerian men are still holding on to that assumption that shows men have the exclusive right to be the successful ones only! That's where am coming from cool

5 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by winnieberry(f): 12:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
[quote author=Rapmoney post=33176163 i guess we re on d'same level of thinking,the thing tire me.Guys going about saying ladies re parasites depending on men for money ,when women make money they leave them.Nigerian women are.a perfect examples of our men insecurity,nd low self esteem.

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by lilmax(m): 4:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
I have not seen any man scared of successful women

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Rapmoney(m): 5:15pm On Apr 28, 2015
pacino26:

I think the topic is over rated. And to your question I'll gladly do, you've to know your self worth as a human being then understand your worth as a man not tied to your acc balance.

Plus what's the definition of a successful woman@ Op
Ask Kema Chikwe what a successful woman means...ask Foluronsho Alakija...ask Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala...ask Modupe Ozoluwa...ask Genevieve Nnaji...or u still want me to continue?

4 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by pickabeau1: 6:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
OP .. whats your point

I think you are trying too hard

You have not even defined what a successful woman is?

Is it the mouthed ones who because they have good jobs suddenly think they know it all in a relationship?

Is it those who focus on their careers to the detriment of their kids and families

Is it those who don't acknowledge the headship of their husbands and second guess him everystep of the way and even slap him in the face when he has a small financial challenge

whats your point

: Rapmoney

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by KanwuliaJara: 7:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
How can they be scared when the same women are their SUGAR MOMMAS? grin

6 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by oloyede252(m): 10:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
Rapmoney:
You should know this is not a universal phenomenon but particular to Nigerian men. What does this show? It shows that Nigerian men are still holding on to that assumption that shows men have the exclusive right to be the successful ones only! That's where am coming from cool
just tell me you want to yab nigerian men.u no get point jare

5 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by oloyede252(m): 10:21pm On Apr 28, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
How can they be scared when the same women are their SUGAR MOMMAS? grin
RECIEVE

SENSE

4 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by pacino26(m): 10:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
Rapmoney:
Ask Kema Chikwe what a successful woman means...ask Foluronsho Alakija...ask Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala...ask Modupe Ozoluwa...ask Genevieve Nnaji...or u still want me to continue?

Some names in the list meet the standard one is under review. So in context a woman is not a girl and since am a conservative African I think she getting married adds more to it. Don't go western in me cuz it won't work.

I intend getting to a pharmacist soon, she'll make more money in her internship than I did in my first yr as a fresh graduate. Should I develop cold feet in anticipation of her geometric rise in finance?

Guys even go after successful (rich girls by ur context) for the fun of it.

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by pacino26(m): 10:48pm On Apr 28, 2015
pickabeau1:
OP .. whats your point

Is it the mouthed ones who because they have good jobs suddenly think they know it all in a relationship?

Is it those who focus on their careers to the detriment of their kids and families

Is it those who don't acknowledge the headship of their husbands and second guess him everystep of the way and even slap him in the face when he has a small financial challenge

whats your point

Bro, you're in the same school of thought as mine.

3 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by pickabeau1: 10:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
pacino26:

Bro, you're in the same school of thought as mine.

Lol

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Truckpusher(m): 11:58pm On Apr 28, 2015
Another men bashing thread.

When will this op stop pleasing panties and be real for once? grin grin

16 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Nobody: 12:28am On Apr 29, 2015
Rapmoney:
Sincerely speaking, my Nigerian brothers are falling my hands big time!!!

Often times, I hear people (including the male folks!) Saying 'young women that are successful in their respective careers and probably drive cars are no-go area!' That's a huge sign of inferiority complex and an exhibition of shallow mentality! wink

Is it really an exclusive right for men only to be successful and own cars? Why do we have young women schooling or learning a trade? Is it not to be successful in their chosen careers? Do we expect these women to subject themselves to lack and poverty?

Today, most Nigerian ladies who are successful and unmarried are normally seen as a no-go area for men. They label such women as disrespectful and not submissive under wrong assumptions! This clearly shows a poor mentality of the male folks!!!

Nigerian guys need to live above this poor mentality and accept the fact that becoming successful is not an exclusive right of the male folks...success is all encompassing and can be attained by anyone, irrespective of gender!

Please, feel free to share your views.

Peace! cheesy

I think it has to do with the way our ladies behave rather than inferiority complex. Poor ladies in naija insult men anyhow. So what do you expect when these ladies become rich?

8 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by wizzyplusky: 12:31am On Apr 29, 2015
hahahaha.. head ni, head ko. na una bussiness. abeg join my new bbm channel:C0029EB59

1 Like

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Joshkid(m): 12:36am On Apr 29, 2015
angry
Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by cyprus000: 12:36am On Apr 29, 2015
pickabeau1:
OP .. whats your point

whats your point

[size=15pt]you get sense [/size]

3 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by Dandeson1(m): 12:45am On Apr 29, 2015
Vickybee:

Must men want women to worship them? Jeez!

Even if she's not successful that doesn't mean she should worship him. For what?

Respect is reciprocal. Husband and wife should respect each other, irregardless.
women like you might prolly end up a single mother or a divorcee... Just saying

7 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by AAinEqGuinea: 12:47am On Apr 29, 2015
@op

Maybe it's the "successful" woman suffering from inferiority complex. In most societies, men were the protectors and providers while women looked after offspring and home. But today I guess giving birth and caring for the family fulltime are roles now considered too inferior which now has woman chasing some brand called "success", basically mimicking what Man has done for centuries and is strangely interpreted today as the big upgrade to superiority.

Guess I'm not feeling inferior if I'm forced to enlist the help of strangers to raise my children while wifey's out playing "success"

11 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by cyprus000: 12:48am On Apr 29, 2015
Ontarget:

I think it has to do with the way our ladies behave rather than inferiority complex. Poor ladies in naija insult men anyhow. So what do you expect when these ladies become rich?
[size=15pt]this is the main reason guyz aviod them lyk ebola.
I have dated foreign rich and matured chics and they are very very respectful and submissiv..just know hw to handle handle them.
Same can not be said for naija galz of same class.
They are very uncut,mannarless and arrogant..i have seen many of them in action,they automatically turn the man to the woman of the house.
One in my neigbourhood even brought a suger boy to their home and wen the man complianed,she threw him out, bcs she was the one paying rent,wen he lost his job.
While those in their husband house will make life a living hell for their hobby.
As for me,I can't take shit from any woman.

I will never feel intimidated by her wealth,cos I control my lyf and will take full responsiblilty of my home,without any help.
[/size]

11 Likes

Re: **Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** by vislabraye(m): 12:50am On Apr 29, 2015
Rapmoney:
So why do men in other climes not having same thinking if it is not a false trashy societal belief held by Nigerian men?

It's good to marry a successful woman. But the unfortunate part is that a lot of women can't handl e success. How many women can still be submissive to their husbands they qre richer than? It's not that easy.

Secondly, not all women are comfortable marrying someone they are more successful than.

I waa told of a very rich woman, who said, "I have a car, I have a house, what do I want a man for?"

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

13 Things You Will Recognize From Falling Sick In A Nigerian Home / The Dilemma Of Inter-tribal Marriage / What Happens To Orphanage Kids That Weren't Adopted and grew to adulthood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.