Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,760 members, 7,806,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 (83284 Views)

Nigerian Breweries Graduate Trainee Recruitment - April 2016 / Nigeria Police Force Batch2016 Recruitment (APRIL 1st) / Vacancy At Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by Taiwoaremu: 6:28pm On May 07, 2015
I applied today with my bsc,msc biochemistry but was denied. I make sure i do all d needful during d app but was surprise to get app unsuccessful mail frm gsk immediately i submitted d app, just as if d mail has been automated for me to submit d stuff. Could it b because it took me some days to complete my app after registering online? What can be done pls?
Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by Ezehrobinson(m): 7:30pm On May 07, 2015
divalindiway:

almost immediately
is this the nature of your success mail?

Good news. You’ve successfully passed the online assessment stage of our selection process for the role of Future Leaders Programme - Pharmaceutical Nigeria. However, we still need to review your application as part of our application process. Once we’ve done this, we’ll contact you as soon as we can to tell you whether we can take things any further. Thanks for the time and effort you’ve put into the application process so far. Kind regards, The GSK Graduate Recruitment Team

1 Like

Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by Ezehrobinson(m): 7:31pm On May 07, 2015
chuks404:
.my own was like 5 minutes later. After refreshing the page.

Good news. You’ve successfully passed the
online assessment stage of our selection
process for the role of Future Leaders
Programme - Pharmaceutical Nigeria.
However, we still need to review your application
as part of our application process. Once we’ve
done this, we’ll contact you as soon as we can
to tell you whether we can take things any
further.
Thanks for the time and effort you’ve put into
the application process so far.
Kind regards,
The GSK Graduate Recruitment Team
Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by CHM11: 9:41pm On May 07, 2015
Taiwoaremu:
I applied today with my bsc,msc biochemistry but was denied. I make sure i do all d needful during d app but was surprise to get app unsuccessful mail frm gsk immediately i submitted d app, just as if d mail has wbeen automated for me to submit d stuff. Could it b because it took me some days to complete my app after registering online? What can be done pls?
Probably one of your selections is negative as regards the requirements for this job.
Second class upper degree, age, year of graduation etc etc
Try applying again with another email and see how far.

Best of luck
Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by chuks404: 9:51pm On May 07, 2015
Ezehrobinson:

Good news. You’ve successfully passed the
online assessment stage of our selection
process for the role of Future Leaders
Programme - Pharmaceutical Nigeria.
However, we still need to review your application
as part of our application process. Once we’ve
done this, we’ll contact you as soon as we can
to tell you whether we can take things any
further.
Thanks for the time and effort you’ve put into
the application process so far.
Kind regards,
The GSK Graduate Recruitment Team
yup.

1 Like

Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by philfrey08: 1:11am On May 08, 2015
Ezehrobinson:

have they contacted you?
Not yet o... i don't think anyone has either
Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by philfrey08: 1:14am On May 08, 2015
Please does anyone know the stages involved in this? Probable duration and how much they pay?
Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by Ezehrobinson(m): 7:05am On May 08, 2015
philfrey08:
Did you get this type of mail after your assessment?
Good news. You’ve successfully passed the online assessment stage of our selection process for the role of Future Leaders Programme - Pharmaceutical Nigeria. However, we still need to review your application as part of our application process. Once we’ve done this, we’ll contact you as soon as we can to tell you whether we can take things any further. Thanks for the time and effort you’ve put into the application process so far. Kind regards, The GSK Graduate Recruitment Team
Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by Ezehrobinson(m): 7:06am On May 08, 2015
philfrey08:
Did you get this type of mail after your assessment?
Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by ifewunmy(f): 2:43pm On May 08, 2015
chuks404:
Pls what is next after the online test if you passed? Does anybody have an idea
1. Application form

The first step in our selection process is our application form, which is online or via email. It’s important you take the time to get it right. At this stage, we’ll need you to answer some key questions to make sure you meet the requirements that you need to succeed.

2. Online tests

For some countries we’ve created a variety of different online tests for those who, following the application form stage, are invited to take them. They help us get a better idea of the kind of person you are and what you’re capable of.

3. First round interview

There’s only so much we can learn about you through your application form and online test results. So to get a good understanding of you as an individual, we’ll invite you to take part in an initial interview.

4. Assessment centre

If we’ve invited you to be assessed in person, you should consider it an achievement to have made it so far. But there’s still more you’ll need to achieve before we can make you an offer. At our assessment centre, you’ll spend a full day taking part in some inspiring activities that will give you a real flavour of what it’s like to work in our world-leading healthcare organisation.

5. Making you an offer

After you’ve attended our assessment centre, we’ll review your performance. We take the process very seriously, and will endeavour to get back to you with feedback as soon as we can.

2 Likes

Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by mYphhiRes: 3:39pm On May 08, 2015
ifewunmy:
1. Application form

The first step in our selection process is our application form, which is online or via email. It’s important you take the time to get it right. At this stage, we’ll need you to answer some key questions to make sure you meet the requirements that you need to succeed.

2. Online tests

For some countries we’ve created a variety of different online tests for those who, following the application form stage, are invited to take them. They help us get a better idea of the kind of person you are and what you’re capable of.

3. First round interview

There’s only so much we can learn about you through your application form and online test results. So to get a good understanding of you as an individual, we’ll invite you to take part in an initial interview.

4. Assessment centre

If we’ve invited you to be assessed in person, you should consider it an achievement to have made it so far. But there’s still more you’ll need to achieve before we can make you an offer. At our assessment centre, you’ll spend a full day taking part in some inspiring activities that will give you a real flavour of what it’s like to work in our world-leading healthcare organisation.

5. Making you an offer

After you’ve attended our assessment centre, we’ll review your performance. We take the process very seriously, and will endeavour to get back to you with feedback as soon as we can.
Thanks for the information. But please pardon My asking- what is the source of the information?
Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by ifewunmy(f): 3:56pm On May 08, 2015
mYphhiRes:

Thanks for the information. But please pardon My asking- what is the source of the information?
I copied it frm dere site....under application process,u can check tru ursef too
Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by mYphhiRes: 4:51pm On May 08, 2015
ifewunmy:
I copied it frm dere site....under application process,u can check tru ursef too
thanks i just saw it too smiley
Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by hardeyswaggz: 5:18pm On May 08, 2015
hello guys, did anybody go through a section of inductive reasoning on the online assessment?
Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by supadave: 9:11pm On May 08, 2015
guys pls have receive a confirmation 4 days ago n since then I haven't gotten d link yet, what happen
Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by michaelisafiade: 9:45pm On May 08, 2015
hardeyswaggz:
hello guys, did anybody go through a section of inductive reasoning on the online assessment?
Did u write more than three test. How does it look like?
Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by chuks404: 11:14pm On May 08, 2015
ifewunmy:
1. Application form

2. Online tests

3. First round interview
Thanks so much for this. God will see us true

4. Assessment centre

5. Making you an offer

thanks for this. God will see us through

1 Like

Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by youngwolf(m): 2:07am On May 09, 2015
mYphhiRes:

thanks i just saw it too smiley

you saw it too?.
well, i hope its true. i was expecting another aptitude test.
Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by fancypet: 2:34am On May 14, 2015
hope we are not going to test another test
Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by dimexilux(m): 5:53am On May 14, 2015
fancypet:
hope we are not going to test another test
u dey fear?? grin
Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by Mintek: 12:40am On May 15, 2015
Guys, I do not intend to burst anyone's bubble, I just deem it imperative (for the sake of those who are still to take their assessments) to let us know that getting a success response after completing the assessment is no guarantee for progression to the ensuing phases. grin

Computer Adaptive Tests (CATs) are designed fundamentally to administer questions to test-takers based on their ability levels. Default algorithms in the testing system adjust the difficulty level of questions, to match the knowledge and ability level of the individual test-takers, based on the previous responses/answers provided.

In other words, if you answer a question wrongly, the next question will DEFINITELY be much easier, while a much tougher one awaits you if you answer a question correctly.

Now, since CATs select questions tailored to match a test-takers's ability level, most examinees are likely to get high scores- which makes a "success message" received after the test meaningless UNTIL a test-taker's (recorded) ability level is measured against the ability threshold/benchmark set by the recruiting organization, to see if a candidate is intelligent and smart enough to be hired.
This means that progression to the next phase entails much more than just receiving a success mail...final success in the assessment is actually based on the NUMBER OF CORRECT ANSWERS and of course the DIFFICULTY LEVEL OF QUESTIONS administered to you.

The reason you cannot go back to review previous questions is to prevent devious candidates from tricking the system by deliberately answering questions wrongly, so as to get very easy succeeding questions ...after which they can now go back, review and answer all the previous questions correctly. grin

Since CATs measure speed, precision, accuracy and ability level, if you're administered very few questions before you're told "Assessment Completed", then chances are that you either got a score well above the set pass score or way below the pass score.

For example, if you get your first 2 or 3 questions all correct, your assessment may end right there, meaning you've got very high ability level, as there may be no tougher questions available in the pool to administer you. On the other hand, if you get the first 3 questions all wrong, the assessment for that section may also be terminated at that point, meaning that though the system understands you've got low ability level, unfortunately there are no easier questions (than the ones already administered you) left in the pool for your level.

Finally, as a tip for those who are still to take the assessment, the first question administered is in most cases of medium difficulty, please answer it correctly so you can get tougher succeeding questions...because the tougher the questions you answer correctly, the brighter your chances of getting selected for the next phase.

Also, don't get caught by the booby trap of "unlimited time" (test not timed). The assessment is not timed but try to work as fast as you can, while ensuring accuracy because in the end, only candidates who answer the toughest questions, within the shortest time and with the highest precision and accuracy level will stand out of the pack.

Good luck everyone.

5 Likes

Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 15, 2015
tanks @ mintek, i hv been baffled abt everyone getting success mail. i also noticed i answered 3 numerical questions before d system gave me assessment complete message but unlike numerical, i answered more than 7 in verbal reasoning test.. those who r yet to take theirs shud take note of mintek info.

1 Like

Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by Mintek: 1:19pm On May 15, 2015
Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by chuks404: 2:42pm On May 15, 2015
Mintek:
@ mintek, thanks for your information. Well noted. Please What is the place of 'your application will be reviewed' message in the mail sent after the test if successful mail ain't enough? Thinking passing the test is the guarantee to reviewing your Cv and cover letter(in fact what you filled in the application form) . Any answer will be appreciated.
Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by Mintek: 5:08pm On May 15, 2015
chuks404:
@ mintek, thanks for your information. Well noted. Please What is the place of 'your application will be reviewed' message in the mail sent after the test if successful mail ain't enough? Thinking passing the test is the guarantee to reviewing your Cv and cover letter(in fact what you filled in the application form) . Any answer will be appreciated.

Of course, passing the test guarantees application review, but not progression to the next phase.

Everything from the online application to the assessment phase is automated, except probably the essay review part.

This means that "human intervention" (application review by the HR department) will start after all the assessments have been completed.

It is during this review that the HR people skim through online applications, CVs, and other supporting documents to determine if candidates who took the assessment actually satisfy all the eligibility criteria...since the system cannot tell if an applicant lies.

For example, it's possible that not all candidates who ticked "yes" during application submission actually hold degress in medical or business-related fields, and with a 2:1 as required.

Also, you'd observe that the test was administered by a third-party firm- IBM. Now it's possible that GSK will not embrace the general pass score for the assessment as recommended by IBM. Some organizations prefer to have the results first before setting a threshold for pass.

For example, after completing some computer-based assessments, portions of the message you get may show things as: "only about 50% of the group got a higher score than you..." That's another way of saying you performed averagely in the assessment, with about half the group scoring higher points.

So, determining the pass score to use in the final selection most often constitutes part of the promised application review.

Concisely, all candidates who pass the online assessment will DEFINITELY have their applications reviewed by real humans this time, and not the system, grin and progression to the next phase will most likely be determined by a candidate's score, measured against the set pass score and of course whether the candidate satisfies all the eligibility criteria for the program.

**NB: Please note that my opinion here is not authoritative, it's only based on what I know about CATs.

2 Likes

Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by chuks404: 5:38pm On May 15, 2015
Mintek:

Of course, passing the test guarantees application review, but not progression to the next phase.

Everything from the online application to the assessment phase is automated, except probably the essay review part.

This means that "human intervention" (application review by the HR department) will start after all the assessments have been completed.

It is during this review that the HR people skim through online applications, CVs, and other supporting documents to determine if candidates who took the assessment actually satisfy all the eligibility criteria...since the system cannot tell if an applicant lies.

For example, it's possible that not all candidates who ticked "yes" during application submission actually hold degress in medical or business-related fields, and with a 2:1 as required.

Also, you'd observe that the test was administered by a third-party firm- IBM. Now it's possible that GSK will not embrace the general pass score for the assessment as recommended by IBM. Some organizations prefer to have the results first before setting a threshold for pass.

For example, after completing some computer-based assessments, portions of the message you get may show things as: "only about 50% of the group got a higher score than you..." That's another way of saying you performed averagely in the assessment, with about half the group scoring higher points.

So, determining the pass score to use in the final selection most often constitutes part of the promised application review.

Concisely, all candidates who passed the online assessment will DEFINITELY have the applications reviewed by real humans this time, and not the system, grin and progression to the next phase will most likely be determined by a candidate's score, measured against the set pass score and of course whether the candidate satisfies all the eligibility criteria for the program.

**NB: Please note that my opinion here is not authoritative, it's only based on what I know about CATs.
[color=#006600][/color] grin thanks immensely. I caught the drift. Very explanatory.

1 Like

Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by osagiemi(m): 6:29pm On May 15, 2015
Is application still on, I wanna apply. Is it still possible to do so?
Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by matilda02(f): 3:13pm On May 18, 2015
any response 2any1?
Re: Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, April 2015 by youngwolf(m): 3:43pm On May 18, 2015
Mintek:

Concisely, all candidates who pass the online assessment will DEFINITELY have their applications reviewed by real humans this time, and not the system, grin and progression to the next phase will most likely be determined by a candidate's score, measured against the set pass score and of course whether the candidate satisfies all the eligibility criteria for the program.

Thanks . Please do u have an idea what d next phase could be if eventually selected?...some say interview?...some say we should expected another aptitude test. any clue?

Thanks . Please do u have an idea what d next phase could be if eventually selected?...some say interview?...some say we should expected another aptitude test. any clue?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Are You Still Interested In Joining The Nigeria Police Force As A Cadet? / Who Can Solve This Simple, Yet Hard Aptitude Test Question / Npower: Deployment Have Started, Please Check Your NASIMS Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.