Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,240 members, 7,807,810 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Who Is Your Next Of Kin? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Is Your Next Of Kin? (4631 Views)

NEXT OF KIN... What Really Is The Essence? / Help: What Criteria Can I Use To Pick A Next Of Kin For My Business? / As A Next Of Kin, How Do I Close a deceased Bank Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by pito: 9:26am On Feb 03, 2009
Hello Friends,

Every now and then you are required to supply your next of kin when completing forms and documentations. Much importance is not attached to next of kin but it is an important issue and should not be treated with levity especially if the document you are completing has to do with investing and financial matters like stocks, properties, banking transactions, investment schemes, insurance etc. if you are single then any of your brothers or sisters can be your next of kin. If your mother is young and educated, she is your best next of kin. As soon as you marry and start having children then make your wife your next of kin. Some men don’t trust their wives, if you are the type then make your child your next of kin.

The issue of next of kin should not be trivialized. In the event of your death making your wife your next of kin will save her and your children a lot of trouble. If your brother or your sister is your next of kin, chances are that he or she will take over the investment. Next of kin means person to be contacted in case of an eventuality not the person to inherit your property or investment. But our people don’t understand this and cases of family members taking over properties of their kinsmen simply because they are next of kin abound in our society. Writing a will is good way to protect your wife and children from family members and make sure your investments and property don’t go into wrong hands after your death. Anyone who is 21 years and above can write a will.

Remain Blessed.
Re: Who Is Your Next Of Kin? by jamace(m): 9:36am On Feb 03, 2009
My wife, because she is the mother of my children. Can a woman forget the fruit of her womb? cool

(1) (Reply)

Lets Talk About Live Gold Trading And Price: Gold Investors And Beginners Only / Odira Nicodemus Is A Thief. / How Do I Get LG, Samsung Distributorship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.