Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. (31552 Views)

Dialectics Of Violence And Morality / The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. / 10 Bad Things Nigerian Christian Youths Do In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by GooseBaba: 2:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ultimate001:
Why d foul word now? You won't stop being funny to me wt this ur misplaced priority of wrong enthusiasm/optimism. Mind you, not all movies are mere figments of imagination. Sm are true-life story wyl sm r made to reveal d truth or correct sm misinformation or misconception. So, tell me why I can't learn frm good movies.....about the death and resurrection of Jesus, physical minds cannot understand the mystery. Give ur heart to Christ befre it is too late. By d way, I used 2 think u'r an atheist....

Lol......Guy I cannot take you serious. One who hasn't read a book but blindly defend it's content because he watched a movie... Go and sit down my friend..!!!

Since you need a different kind of mind to understand the writings of men disguised as mystery, then you're deluded.. If I'm lying, kindly read what you wrote. Give your heart to the dead before it's too late "...if that's not figments of your imagination then you have a bigger problem..

Meanwhile, what is it with abrahamics perverts and atheism... You've to realize that you are one god away from becoming an atheist yourself.. grin

3 Likes

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by GooseBaba: 2:42pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ultimate001:

The fact that I tell u abt God doesn't mean He is dead. Oh! You expect Him to come and talk to you one-on-one? Wc god does that (that's f they exist anyways)? Can u for once think straight and stop sentiment frm beclouding ur sense of reasoning? You only hear what u want to hear...

At bolded.... I strongly advise you to apply this statement to your life....

2 Likes

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by GooseBaba: 3:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
gj22:

The bible is first a history book then a religious book. The bible was compiled after years of archaeological findings just like any other history book you have. You have no problem believing in dinosaurs and home sapiens or the pyramids or ancient Greece or ancient Rome but when it comes to bible you start doubting.

The events in the bible did take place just like any other history book.

Yes the bible is an history book for "jews".. Are you a jew..? what's wrong with your own history..?

Guy do you even read what you wrote before you hit the send button... The history of a people became a religion ...!? And you don't have a problem with that, but you refuse to worship the God that your ancestors worship.. Is that not history too...!?

Then you proceeded to expose yourself on a public forum as a bonified liar. "the bible was compiled after years of archaeological findings"!! shocked shocked where did you get this information from...!?

And for your information, one does not need to believe in dinosaurs, it's not a religious doctrine. History is to be questioned, since it is documented by man. If indeed, the events in the bible did take place just like any other history then why is this history infallible...!? do you believe everything in the bible...!?

4 Likes

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by gj22(m): 9:15pm On Apr 30, 2015
GooseBaba:

Yes the bible is an history book for "jews".. Are you a jew..? what's wrong with your own history..?

I its a history book MOSTLY about the Jews, it's not a history book FOR the Jews. Are you complaing that we abandoned our gods for their gods or what?

Guy do you even read what you wrote before you hit the send button... The history of a people became a religion ...!? And you don't have a problem with that, but you refuse to worship the God that your ancestors worship.. Is that not history too.?

I can't worship more than one God now can I? It's either I worship my ancestral gods or I worship the Christian God right? It's my choice to choose who I want to worship so I choose the Christian God.

Then you proceeded to expose yourself on a public forum as a bonified liar. "the bible was compiled after years of archaeological findings"!! shocked shocked where did you get this information from...!?

Do you think the bible fell from the sky? How doc you think the old testament was compiled? Google the origin of the bible and you would be ashamed of what you just said.

And for your information, one does not need to believe in dinosaurs, it's not a religious doctrine. History is to be questioned, since it is documented by man. If indeed, the events in the bible did take place just like any other history then why is this history infallible...!? do you believe everything in the bible...!?

Yes and I mentioned that earlier, if you choose to believe it or not is your problem. That is where faith comes in. You obviously have no faith but Christians or Muslims do, that's why they believe it's infallible.

That being said, I am not a religious man but it's not difficult to understand why religious people are so. You just choose not to understand.

3 Likes

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by GooseBaba: 2:17am On May 01, 2015
gj22:

I its a history book MOSTLY about the Jews, it's not a history book FOR the Jews. Are you complaing that we abandoned our gods for their gods or what?

I can't worship more than one God now can I? It's either I worship my ancestral gods or I worship the Christian God right? It's my choice to choose who I want to worship so I choose the Christian God.

Do you think the bible fell from the sky? How doc you think the old testament was compiled? Google the origin of the bible and you would be ashamed of what you just said.

Yes and I mentioned that earlier, if you choose to believe it or not is your problem. That is where faith comes in. You obviously have no faith but Christians or Muslims do, that's why they believe it's infallible.

That being said, I am not a religious man but it's not difficult to understand why religious people are so. You just choose not to understand.

Mostly for the jews... shocked i can see how advanced your delusion is...LMAO..!! Could you kindly name the other groups that the bible was written about..?

meanwhile, you're a bonified liar for Yaweh... These are your words "The Bible was compiled after years of archaeological findings.. " kindly post your evidence here..... Show me where Constantine used archaeological evidence to compile the bible...? I await your wuruwuru... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by plaetton: 11:39am On May 02, 2015
GooseBaba:

Mostly for the jews... shocked i can see how advanced your delusion is...LMAO..!! Could you kindly name the other groups that the bible was written about..?

meanwhile, you're a bonified liar for Yaweh... These are your words "The Bible was compiled after years of archaeological findings.. " kindly post your evidence here..... Show me where Constantine used archaeological evidence to compile the bible...? I await your wuruwuru... undecided

You mean someone actually wrote the above in a public forum? shocked

They are getting dumber by the day.
undecided
This dreaded goddism disease, a brain-eating disease, is surely wrecking havoc on African brains.

6 Likes

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by Nobody: 3:10am On May 11, 2015
Jesus said, it doesn't matter what you eat, drink, wear, etc. What matters is your heart, it's what you think that pollutes you (terrible paraphrase, I know): thoughts of lust, hatred, greed, envy etc.

All in all, I don't believe in declaring 'this one is a sin', 'that one is a sin' because I believe we all have minds of our own and consciences of our own. Face your own life, let others face theirs and don't be a hypocrite.

3 Likes

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by AAinEqGuinea: 3:20am On May 11, 2015
delishpot:
Me sef wonder o. Just as they also post about how marriages would last if women behaved a certain way but fail to note that marriages take team effort from husband and wife to work.
Truth is, people filter the gospel and pick only parts that suits them and parts that they can manage to do in reality. Every other hard part is hidden and replaced with culture.

Self service religion and volumes of other self services these days...

[img]http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5048f125e4b0bd178ab3741a/t/510151f3e4b0f6a8c8f46822/1359041012403/5.+selfservice_jan24.jpg[/img]

Who isn't self servicing?? grin

5 Likes

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by InvertedHammer: 3:28am On May 11, 2015
/
Have any of you seen God? No!

Did God talk to any of you?No!

If you heard a voice in your head, are you sure it is God talking to you OR your mind is playing tricks on you?

Wouldn't it be fair to assume that all of you have no idea of what you are talking about especially as your only reference point is the bible?

Just curious.
\

6 Likes

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by Nobody: 3:43am On May 11, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by shenisaac(m): 4:33am On May 11, 2015
Once again, they have left the issue of selfless service and are busy arguing over self service
Is no surprise to me though. Our various orientations about these subjects simple tells alot about how the church community is building or minds. Minoring on the majors and vice versa.
It's easy to gain remarks on things that aren't the core issues. Jesus NEVER ONCE SAID THE WORD 'MASTURBATION', HOWEVER HE SAID THE WORD 'SELFLESS' MORE THAN 3 TIMES. But we choose to dwell on what isn't the core ish.
Op, I bet if we attach the word 'money' to 'selfless' then, we might get the adequate level of trend we seek. I am a child of God. My highest calling is to be selfless! What I do in my closet is between me and Him. But my being selfless can change the world.

5 Likes

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by nagoma(m): 4:58am On May 11, 2015
Orunto:
Selfless-service is borne in Righteousness. Self-service is not all selfishness. There are those that are clear Directives from God in supplications and prayers in Christ Jesus. These are done in furtherance to our Lord's prayers in St. John's Gospel 17. And whenever you feel covered by that prayers, all your actions, interactions and movements, though seemingly self-centred, are righteous before God and are His Directives.

What about selfie?

1 Like

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by ceejay80s(m): 4:59am On May 11, 2015
frank317:

Why? How does an adult playing with his dicckk affect ur God?

Guy, u got me laffing at 5am in the morning...
Back to ur post, person dey play with him prrick, dem say God go vex, so if person play with any other part of him body, Sey God go vex ?

4 Likes

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by kalufelix(m): 5:22am On May 11, 2015
If i understand this topic make I bend...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by Nobody: 5:31am On May 11, 2015
chiedu7:
Not as bad as Muslims who abuse goats
All Muslims abuse goats? grin
That's like saying all Clergy abuse kids. Well, a goat can be a kid too. grin grin grin

These Abrahamic fellows and their insatiable sexual cravings.. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Hypocrites.

5 Likes

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by milestonejnr(m): 5:33am On May 11, 2015
GooseBaba:

I said it..!!!! The biblical god too like prick business.. Imagine his followers asking such question.. cheesy..

Guy try think am....kneeling to pray is not pleasing enough, rolling on the floor to receive blessings from him is not, lying and making claims on his behalf is not pleasing enough.fasting and praying is not pleasing enough, As long as one does not squeeze his OWN genitals, or personally make her honey pot drip. Then the good lord can be pleased..

You and your god are perverts... Wetin consign bible god with how I manage my iron.. So bible god is telling me that after 3 hot rounds with my lovely wife and I still have 2 more rounds to go, and the wifey says honey, toto don tire for today.. Then I grab my ky jelly, tell the wifey to simply massage her nipples gently while I stroke my general to orgasmic explosion all over her succulent skin... Then abrahamics perverts like you will call it a sin, and a killer of infants and non virgins will find it not pleasing to his holy killer instinct..

Guy when next you kneel to pray, tell your god to try stroking his covk and stop suvking it.... He needs a wife for that... cheesy

It seems so easy to let those words out. May the Lord forgive you for all you said against him.

1 Like

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by ademoladeji(m): 5:37am On May 11, 2015
Fornication is a Sin Adulteration is a Sin Masturbation can't then be a SIN!!!
Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by misreal(m): 5:38am On May 11, 2015
no matter how much you decorate a monkey, he can never contest for local government election. my brethrens,no matter how much you decorate mastubation,weda u call it self service,selfless helping like what someone called it,the greatest gift to young adults.you can never change it from being a sinful act.
Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by femi4: 5:45am On May 11, 2015
frank317:

Nice u felt insulted because ur question made me feel worst.

OK...the reason why you think sexual thought and selfe service is bad is because Jesus said so in the bible.

Well I have read the bible too... But have u ever considered the issue? I mean have u sat down and give it some serious thiking.? I did.

See what happens to me. If I am with a friend and I look at a girl, say I admire her beauty (her shape and facial structure) most times my friends would say I am a womanizer because of this.

But I found out they are just projecting what they are to me. Projection is a self defense mechanism that enable one see what they really are in others. Just give them reason to see what they are in u and they quickly take the bait.

This makes me wonder why Jesus thought looking at a woman lustfully is bad... Could it be that he knew he actually liked it?

What is looking at a woman lustfully really? If I see a very fine car and look at it admiringly, wishing it was mine and I could ride it, is that also a sin? Why should looking and feeling that way for a pretty girl bad? Isn't it natural that if I see a well shaped girl, I should admire her and wish she was mine? Heck, I would even imagine all sorts of sex style with the damsel. Why is that sin? Did I rrappe her? Why is having sexual desire bad to God? Didn't he create us to have them? Isn't it natural instinct? Is just like saying feeling hungry is bad.

Now back to self service... I think it too much indulgence in anything is bad... Be it eating rice, running, taking alcohol, drinking water and self service is bad. So when is over indulgence in self service bad? When u do do it in public places or more than ten times a day. But guy... Occasional self service and lusting after pretty women is not bad. If u think so pls prove me wrong.
You are very dull, using your friend's action/reaction to describe/interprete the scripture
Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by femi4: 5:52am On May 11, 2015
frank317:

Yes... Its our difference in opinion that is making us interact in this thread? I still don't get ur point.

U are just stating the obvious... I still don't get u

I want to understand why he thinks its a sin and not just because the bible said so, hence the discussion.
That is why both of you can't agree, cos there is no way a believer can differentiate between right and wrong action without consulting the Bible. His judgement will always be based on what the scripture say irrespective of his personal opinion
Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by obiak4(m): 6:01am On May 11, 2015
emmyw:
Masturbation is a sin before God.
shooting blank quote the passage in the bibble bro if not waka pass we are here to educate and entertain

2 Likes

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by bejeria101(m): 6:12am On May 11, 2015
Does this have to do with sexuality why derailing the thread,self service is tantamount to pride and God hates pride,selfless service in the other hand is what God rewards with blessing,going out of your way to make sure things work out well in my opiniön

1 Like

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by Nobody: 6:13am On May 11, 2015
Early morning....and people singing....Self service of selfless service?

The truth is, most of us people....I don't just mean Christians....prefer self service to selfless service. As I write this, I am just finishing one busy night call....where I have had to run up and down sorting out issues after issues with patients.(And when I am done writing this...I have to go see to a rather ill patient).Selfless service does not move the world for me. I am not happy having to think about others, put others first. What about me? Why can't my needs be satisfied.?

I guess that what keeps me on the selfless service team is that somewhere....someone benefits from the running around that I do on behalf of others. Because I was here....and not at home sleeping or watching Premier league....perhaps a life got saved. Perhaps someone is alive. And even if I am not sucessful...someone gets to see a complete stranger caring if their family member lives or dies.If that is not seeing God in unusual places...what is.

But selflessness is preping us too for our future lives....which leads me to self service(Now...time to chat about that stuff grin). See....the reason why I do not think that self service honors God is that it is born out of lust....not love. And it can damage people's expectations (ie...the chap who thinks that images of women are better than real women.). But...not doing self service is a form of selfless service....to your furue spouse. Because if you think those rule 34 thoughts disappear when you get married.....think again.! Not doing self service prepares you for the future....where you would learn to be loyal to your spouse...and where you would be able to practice self control. Because....when you need that.......bit of initmacy.....spouse may not be ready, or may not be around. So what are you going to do? (Me...I guess i should play some Marvin Gaye....let's get it oooon.... grin..oops I am a Christian....get rid of that music...!). Selfless service in the light of sex prepares you for a world where it is OTHER PEOPLE'S NEEDS BEFORE OTHERS. Because.....no one is perfect. And if you can still put them before others....as a result of the discipline gained from not doing it....then you not only honour God....you make such people feel loved and appreciated....even if they do not say thank you for your sacrifice.

We are supposed to live life as servants of all. Self service prevents us from living that life....from gaining that opportunity to learn to put other's needs before our own. And why should the image of a woman be better than the real thing? Why? If you are not ready to wait for the benefits of selflessness.....loyalty, peace of mind, and most importantly....a heart that really really loves other people....then you are not selfless. And that does not usually end well.

If you must be great in the Kingdom....you must be a servant of all. Not a servant of self. Because.....being a servant of all helps you to see many things you would never see....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by GooseBaba: 6:19am On May 11, 2015
milestonejnr:

It seems so easy to let those words out. May the Lord forgive you for all you said against him.

Fuvk you and your lord...! Your god is nothing but a covk suvking mountain diety. And a heavenly pervert...

1 Like

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by Bonapart(m): 6:19am On May 11, 2015
delishpot:
Me sef wonder o. Just as they also post about how marriages would last if women behaved a certain way but fail to note that marriages take team effort from husband and wife to work.
Truth is, people filter the gospel and pick only parts that suits them and parts that they can manage to do in reality. Every other hard part is hidden and replaced with culture.
you've spoken well....
Jesus said if we keep all and offend one, we are guilty of all
Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by AdeniyiA(m): 6:20am On May 11, 2015
As it's in other aspects of life, people are more interested in satisfying themselves(self-service) than satisfying God(selfless-service) ,who even gave them the ability to satisfy themselves ...
that of course describes selfishness /selfcentredness

1 Like

Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by Bonapart(m): 6:21am On May 11, 2015
gj22:
I don't even understand why they call it self service. We are all adults or most of us are. It's called MASTURBATION.

That being said, masturbation might be wrong religiously speaking but outside of religion, it's okay.
in all ramification masturbatíon or you call it self - service is wrong, very wrong... it's a sin before God
Go to the Internet and check the side effect of masturbatíon
Re: Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. by TopWinner(m): 6:23am On May 11, 2015
frank317:

Nice u felt insulted because ur question made me feel worst.

OK...the reason why you think sexual thought and selfe service is bad is because Jesus said so in the bible.

Well I have read the bible too... But have u ever considered the issue? I mean have u sat down and give it some serious thiking.? I did.

See what happens to me. If I am with a friend and I look at a girl, say I admire her beauty (her shape and facial structure) most times my friends would say I am a womanizer because of this.

But I found out they are just projecting what they are to me. Projection is a self defense mechanism that enable one see what they really are in others. Just give them reason to see what they are in u and they quickly take the bait.

This makes me wonder why Jesus thought looking at a woman lustfully is bad... Could it be that he knew he actually liked it?

What is looking at a woman lustfully really? If I see a very fine car and look at it admiringly, wishing it was mine and I could ride it, is that also a sin? Why should looking and feeling that way for a pretty girl bad? Isn't it natural that if I see a well shaped girl, I should admire her and wish she was mine? Heck, I would even imagine all sorts of sex style with the damsel. Why is that sin? Did I rrappe her? Why is having sexual desire bad to God? Didn't he create us to have them? Isn't it natural instinct? Is just like saying feeling hungry is bad.

Now back to self service... I think it too much indulgence in anything is bad... Be it eating rice, running, taking alcohol, drinking water and self service is bad. So when is over indulgence in self service bad? When u do do it in public places or more than ten times a day. But guy... Occasional self service and lusting after pretty women is not bad. If u think so pls prove me wrong.
You're comparing hunger to lust? Oh well...
Here's my answer to the lust aspect, it's one of the reasons why God have us an eye we could close in less than a second, when you see her at first, it's a temptation (not a sin), it's when you turn to look twice that it becomes a sin. I don't really understand why you should be questioning God's word.

As for masturbation, I'm not running around,

It's a sin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Christ Embassy Celebrates Nigeria At 58 On The Streets Of Ikeja (Photos) / TB Joshua - An East-African President Will Be Kidnapped By Terrorists / Only One Of RCCG Pastors Was Kidnapped - Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.