Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please (8375 Views)

How Much Will It Cost To Lay The Foundation (only) Of A 3 Bedroom Flat / How Much Will It Cost To Build A 5 Bedroom Bungalow? / How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by omoola007(m): 4:30pm On Apr 28, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I would like to have an idea what it will cost to build a warehouse structure like this with dimensions 15 meters by 25 meters. height 8-10 meters

Please help with how many blocks, length of iron beams for roofing and estimate cost of roofing sheet.

If possible, trips of sand, granite, bags of cement needed.

i look forward to getting great information for our Nairaland professionals.

will N3 million complete this (excluding land cost) very dry land in Ogun state.

Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by eghosajohnny: 7:02pm On Apr 28, 2015
You will have between 300-500k to add for macellenous and maybe supervision,blocks you will need is 2200 9inches blocks,1 and half ton of 16mm,20lengths of stirrups,banding wire 3,000,50lengths of 1x12x12planks,sharp sand 3trucks,laterite 18trucks,cement 150bags,granite 40tons

For more just call
O7014709098

1 Like

Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by omoola007(m): 10:57pm On Apr 29, 2015
Thank you for your response.
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 29, 2015
eghosajohnny:
You will have between 300-500k to add for macellenous and maybe supervision,blocks you will need is 2200 9inches blocks,1 and half ton of 16mm,20lengths of stirrups,banding wire 3,000,50lengths of 1x12x12planks,sharp sand 3trucks,laterite 18trucks,cement 150bags,granite 40tons

For more just call
O7014709098

Oga, please look at my fence thread.

Thanks.
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by omoola007(m): 6:53pm On May 07, 2015
thanks your thread was helpful
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by KolaShangOne(m): 9:06pm On May 07, 2015
Your roof trusses (Z purlins and 60mm angle Iron) alone will cost you between 1million to 1.2million..
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by codedprince20(m): 10:44pm On May 07, 2015
eghosajohnny:

For more just call
O7014709098

@eghosajohnny
Pls do u av an idea of wats gonna be involved in terms of total number of blocks - 6" or 9" for a 6 room(3 rooms on each side) face to face Single room for student Hostel...
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by abdulwastecx(m): 12:54am On May 08, 2015
THE HEIGHT OF THE WAREHOUSE ABOVE IS NOT UP TO 8-10m
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by abdulwastecx(m): 12:56am On May 08, 2015
omoola007:

Hello Everyone,

I would like to have an idea what it will cost to build a warehouse structure like this with dimensions 15 meters by 25 meters. height 8-10 meters

Please help with how many blocks, length of iron beams for roofing and estimate cost of roofing sheet.

If possible, trips of sand, granite, bags of cement needed.

i look forward to getting great information for our Nairaland professionals.

will N3 million complete this (excluding land cost) very dry land in Ogun state.

the height of that ware house is more like 4m and gable height of say 6m
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by abdulwastecx(m): 2:12am On May 08, 2015
BLOCK WORK
area of wall
perimeter 80 m
height 5.2 m
Area 416 m2
area of openings 10.8 m2

Net area 405.2 m2
NO OF BLOCK REQUIRED 4500 blocks

Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by abdulwastecx(m): 2:18am On May 08, 2015
1 columns
number columns vertical grid 5 5 10
horizontal grid 2 2 4
14 columns
dimension of column 230 x 450mm
height of column 5.2m
volume of column 0.5382 m3

volume of all columns 9.04176 m3
using mix ratio ( 1:2:4)
quantity of cement = 44bags (N1900) = N83,600
sand = 5tonnes (N3,000) = N15,000
gravel = 13tonnes (6,000) = (N78,000)
formwork = N30,000
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by abdulwastecx(m): 2:23am On May 08, 2015
beams
number of beams midle beam 25 25 15 15 80 m
roof beam/ring beam 25 25 15 15 80 m
160 m
beam dimension 450 x 230mm
volume of beam concrete 16.56 m3

quantity of cement =73bags (N1,700) = N124,100
quantity of sand = 8tonnes (N3,000) =N24,000
quantity of gravel = 23tonnes (N6,000) =N138,000
formwork = N80,000
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by abdulwastecx(m): 2:28am On May 08, 2015
foundation
footing to columns no 14 nr
dimension of base 1200 x 1200mm
depth of base 400mm
volume of base concrete 8.064 m3

spreed footing for
foundation block
perimeter 80 m
depth 225 mm
volume of concrete 12.15 m3
TOTAL VOLUME OF CONCRETE 45.81576 m3

quantity of cement = 190bags(N1,700)=N323,000
quantity of sand = 21tonnes (N3,000) =N63,000
quantity of gravel =63tonnnes(6,000) = N378,000
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by omoola007(m): 4:31pm On Jun 08, 2015
@abdulwastecx i must say i am very impressed with this. i never expected such detail from anyone. It goes to show you passion for the work and that you know your stuff. Maybe I can engage you in actualising the project.
Once again kudos. I have read all your post and i must say i am impressed with the details and that you actually have a technical backing for your actions.

Regarding the columns, you didn't account for iron rods reenforcement for the column or i am missing something.

Also i would like the height to be at least 6.5 meters which may require that we add more support in the middle.

what do you think? I will share an email offline so we can discuss further. but feel free to update here so it can help others in the future.
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by omoola007(m): 5:23pm On Jun 08, 2015
KolaShangOne:
Your roof trusses (Z purlins and 60mm angle Iron) alone will cost you between 1million to 1.2million..

thanks yeah i did some check and its looks like that . I am thinking more like 6M. All said.
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by omoola007(m): 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2015
whats your professional opinion H - Beams or Concrete pilars. which is cheaper and better? For this type of construction?
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by Dexmars(m): 5:56pm On Jun 08, 2015
Following and learning
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by abdulwastecx(m): 5:48am On Jun 09, 2015
omoola007:
@abdulwastecx i must say i am very impressed with this. i never expected such detail from anyone. It goes to show you passion for the work and that you know your stuff. Maybe I can engage you in actualising the project.
Once again kudos. I have read all your post and i must say i am impressed with the details and that you actually have a technical backing for your actions.

Regarding the columns, you didn't account for iron rods reenforcement for the column or i am missing something.

Also i would like the height to be at least 6.5 meters which may require that we add more support in the middle.

what do you think? I will share an email offline so we can discuss further. but feel free to update here so it can help others in the future.

i intentionally omitted that because the analysis result may required a different type of reinforcement to the one specified above.

for height of 6.5m, a steel universal column and beam will be used instead of reinforced concrete structures
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by abdulwastecx(m): 5:49am On Jun 09, 2015
omoola007:
whats your professional opinion H - Beams or Concrete pilars. which is cheaper and better? For this type of construction?

H beam will be cheaper and better over that span and height of column
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by Dieumerci(m): 8:45am On Jun 09, 2015
omoola007:

The guy @Abdulwastecx na first class material.
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by twinskenny(m): 8:51am On Jun 09, 2015
Dieumerci:

seconded

he know his onions grin
what a good analysis without charging a kobo

kudos
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by mufutau55(m): 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
Dieumerci:

Agreed totally with you... the guy has privately tutored me to the extent that I cannot believe.
He knows more than his onion, he knows his yam and pepper too... Keep up the good work Abdulwastecx.

Hajji M.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by sule4: 7:24am On Jun 11, 2015
mufutau55:

Agreed totally with you... the guy has privately tutored me to the extent that I cannot believe.
He knows more than his onion, he knows his yam and pepper too... Keep up the good work Abdulwastecx.

Hajji M.

I totally agree, he's young, highly promising, straightforward, he knows what he is working with.
Abdul is gonna put a nice print in the construction industry, by the time he goes west and outside the country.
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by abdulwastecx(m): 8:06am On Jun 13, 2015
sule4:

I totally agree, he's young, highly promising, straightforward, he knows what he is working with.
Abdul is gonna put a nice print in the construction industry, by the time he goes west and outside the country.

Thank you sir
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by omoola007(m): 4:36pm On Oct 19, 2015
It looks like we are about to start the process of building this warehouse.

Unfortunately, unlike residential building, there isn't much on NL about commercial buildings. We hope to document the construction process to help others as this forum has helped me in the past.

The project plan - Construct a warehouse of 15 meters by 30 meters on 2 plots of land in Ikorodu. (36 x 36 meters).
Budget - TBD
Design - In progress
Fence - In progress
Borehole - TBD
Contractor - TBD
Material Suppliers - TBD
Iron rods - TBD
H-Beams - TBD
Granite - TBD
Sand - TBD
Wood - TBD
Cement - TBD
Roofing Sheets - TBD

So far- We got NL's LAWYER to do a search that turned up ok. I was sceptical at first but i am glad we engaged him. The seller was very impressed by the depth to which he probed them and the verification done was very helpful. Great job oga.

Design plan - A testament to why we must alway do our best and try to help others, because in the end we end up helping ourselves. I posted the request for help about this building innocently hoping to get little help. Abdulwastecx came here and blew my expectations by taking his time to educate us on what it would cost. I took the conversation offline with him and i must say i have been impressed with him all the step of the way. I look forward to a great design and hope we can share it here for others to learn from.

Survey - Was completed by a non NL surveyor. I will invite him so he can follow the process. I am sure he can be of help to many of us especially concerning Lagos state survey matters.

Fencing - We are in the process of fencing and I am trying to get someone from NL so they can teach as the do the work. I am looking for someone to take the task. Being that its just fencing work for now, i can't invite the big boys of NL. i will let you know of any updates.

Till next time, stay tuned.
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by twinskenny(m): 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
omoola007:

Unfortunately, unlike residential building, there isn't much on NL about commercial buildings. We hope to document the construction process to help others as this forum has helped me in the past.

The project plan - Construct a warehouse of 15 meters by 30 meters on 2 plots of land in Ikorodu. (36 x 36 meters).
Budget - TBD
Design - In progress
Fence - In progress
Contractor - TBD
Material Suppliers - TBD
Iron rods - TBD
H-Beams - TBD
Granite - TBD
Sand - TBD
Wood - TBD
Cement - TBD
Roofing Sheets - TBD

So far- We got NL's LAWYER to do a search that turned up ok. I was sceptical at first but i am glad we engaged him. The seller was very impressed by the depth to which he probed them and the verification done was very helpful. Great job oga.

Design plan - A testament to why we must alway do our best and try to help others, because in the end we end up helping ourselves. I posted the request for help about this building innocently hoping to get little help. Abdulwastecx came here and blew my expectations by taking his time to educate us on what it would cost. I took the conversation offline with him and i must say i have been impressed with him all the step of the way. I look forward to a great design and hope we can share it here for others to learn from.

Survey - Was completed by a non NL surveyor. I will invite him so he can follow the process. I am sure he can be of help to many of us especially concerning Lagos state survey matters.

Fencing - We are in the process of fencing and I am trying to get someone from NL so they can teach as the do the work. I am looking for someone to take the task. Being that its just fencing work for now, i can't invite the big boys of NL. i will let you know of any updates.

great good luck
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by mufutau55(m): 6:18pm On Oct 19, 2015
omoola007:

Very good.. I wish that your project is completed in good health.
Please when a Nairaland person do your work and you are very satisfied; mention their names so that others can also contract them.
We have many people advertising for services and their goods here but we don't actually know who is good.. until another Nairalander who have used them can vouch for them. Unless they want to remain anonymous which of course is not good for their business.

So if you can name the Lawyer and the Surveyor it will surely help them. Thank you.

Note: Truly, Abdulwastecx is one of the most useful person here in Properties Forum. Kudos to him for helping others with his un-selfish professional knowledge.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 19, 2015
mufutau55:

Please when a Nairaland person do your work and you are very satisfied; mention their names so that others can also contract them.
We have many people advertising for services and their goods here but we don't actually know who is good.. until another Nairalander who have used them can vouch for them. Unless they want to remain anonymous which of course is not good for their business.

So if you can name the Lawyer and the Surveyor it will surely help them. Thank you.

Note: Truly, Abdulwastecx is one of the most useful person here in Properties Forum. Kudos to him for helping others with his un-selfish professional knowledge.

Hajji M.

Truer words have never been said.
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by Dieumerci(m): 10:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

You have spoken well.

I have done biz with Abdulwastecx.
Recommended!
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by omoola007(m): 11:20pm On Oct 19, 2015
Oga Mufutau55 thanks. I look forward to your contribution.

Nairaland's own oga lawyer did the search aka omonile_lawyer

mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by smiley001(m): 10:37am On Oct 20, 2015
omoola007:

Budget - TBD
Design - In progress
Fence - In progress
Borehole - TBD
Contractor - TBD
Material Suppliers - TBD
Iron rods - TBD
H-Beams - TBD
Granite - TBD
Sand - TBD
Wood - TBD
Cement - TBD
Roofing Sheets - TBD

Patiently following sir.
Re: What Will It Cost To Build? Material Detail Please by smiley001(m): 11:24am On Oct 20, 2015
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

U av said it all sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Execuitive Flat To Let @ Yaba / 6bedroom Detached Duplex With Mini Flat Bungalow BQ For 26m @awoyaya Lekki / Christal Villa Queen's Court Lakowe Shapati Lekki. 7.5Million with C Of O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.