Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts (8156 Views)

Repentant Buhari Fan Apologizes To Deziani Alison-Madueke / I won't Lose Sleep Over Criticisms Says Buhari / Buhari's Media Adviser Express Frustration Over Destructive Criticisms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by MizMyColi(f): 7:32pm On Apr 28, 2015

I was very unfortunate fortunate to trek the suburbs of Lagos' capital today.
Thanks to that faulty ride, the unrepentant gidi traffic and of course, near absence of vacant buses (Rush Hour Tins)
I left the office fuming, but now that I'm finally settled in a bus, on my way to my final destination, I'm thankful.
I had loads of time to trek, to reminisce, and to ruminate.

With the fresh air from the trees planted under the leadership of his excellency, BRF (SAN), fluttering all over my face....it was a time of sober reflection. I asked myself questions, hard ones....questions which everyone who has towed or intends to take the path I towed should ask themselves.

Why do I hate Buhari? What has he done against me as an individual?

Since when did I start excluding people from my grace list?

If GEJ had won, wouldn't I want people to give him grace before jumping at him?
Would I appreciate the militant attitude with which I treat anything GMB/PYO if someone did that to my own?

Even if the progressives on Nairaland treated/treats a man I honour as an individual with such disdain and ineptitude, does it make it right, for me to go all out to get my pound of flesh, albeit subconsciously? Now that their own is in power?

Would it kill me to believe God for a better Nigeria?

Why am I so convinced Nigeria will fail even more?
Btw, if Nigeria falls, who will bear the brunt more?

I have always believed in bringing sense, even out of nonsense. I have always believed that there is inherent goodness in everyman, no matter how worse and evil they appear.....why have I conveniently exempted the APC, GMB/PYO.

I remember asking "Where is Osinbajo?"
In my myopic thinking, I chose to think he has retired to his block of flats and handed over his post, unofficially to Tinubu.

Well, what if as I write now, that man is on his kness, praying and crying his hearts out.....asking God to help him steer the cause of this nation....what if?

For sometime now, I have observed that in my online relations, I have fallen short of THINKing. (an acronym I promoted on here briefly, as regards online ettiquette)

Is it Thoughtful?

Is it Helpful?

Is it Inspiring?

Is it Necessary?

Is it Kind?

Nonetheless, I reckon that we are all growing. We are all getting better... Those that point to our failings and accuse us of being hypocrites fail to see that we all have our blindspots and none of those blindspots makes us any less than we are. For we shine, not in never falling but in rising and pushing on.

It is on this note that I hereby submit that I have seen that my manner of approach and way of addressing Buhari and co was off and I have decided to make a turn around in the spirit of excellence.

Henceforth, I will try to see the good in the incoming administration and maintain a position of near neutrality and objectivity. I will put them in my prayers and be an ambassador of peace and goodwill where ever, whenever; for first and foremost, I am, A Nigerian.
So help me God.

I wish GMB good health of mind and body.
I wish him and his team wisdom and understanding uncommon as they prepare to pilot the affairs of this nation.
And So shall it be.

Thanks for taking time to read.

Signed

Mizmycoli (f)
smileysmileysmiley

66 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by LogoDWhiz(m): 7:33pm On Apr 28, 2015
Hmm. Interesting!

Wish Nigerians can put political differences aside and make Nigeria a better place.

And also the politicians should stop being greedy, they shouldn't see politics as a do or die affair or a place where they are accumulate wealth

Let them see it as an opportunity to serve their father land.

God bless Nigeria!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
@MyColi:

You have spoken well! I understand your position of wishing the government well and giving it a chance. This has always been my position too. However, wishing a government well does not mean absence of criticism, neither does it mean absence of analytical thinking. Wishing a government well does not also mean to be in agreement with everything it says or do, neither does it mean instituting a one-party state.

We shall always wish the incoming government well, but we shall not relent in playing our patriotic role as citizens and opposition.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by maryam6(f): 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2015
Gud of u

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by okotv(m): 7:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
I never believed a day like this would come. Thank you so much mizmycoli for taking that bold step. Indeed, change has come to stay.

12 Likes

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by mikeywise(m): 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
undecided
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by januzaj(m): 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
change everywhere

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by Young03(m): 7:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
ook
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by Mynd44: 7:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
*yawns*

Hatred based on bitterness cos of tribe/religion and hearsay without critically looking at issues.

Anyway, she done change #Godwin

26 Likes

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 28, 2015
welcome back home,
Thank luxane for what you...I tried that on sunday,but i couldnt grin
MizMyColi:

Thanks to that faulty ride, the unrepentant gidi traffic and of course, near absence of vacant buses (Rush Hour Tins)
I left the office fuming, but now that I'm finally settled in a bus, on my way to my final destination, I'm thankful.

With the fresh air from the trees planted under the leadership of his excellency, BRF (SAN), fluttering all over my face....it was a time of sober reflection. I asked myself questions, hard ones....questions which everyone who has towed or intends to take the path I towed should ask themselves.

Would I appreciate the militant attitude with which I treat anything GMB/PYO if someone did that to my own?

Even if the progressives on Nairaland treated/treats a man I honour as an individual with such disdain and ineptitude, does it make it right, for me to go all out to get my pound of flesh, albeit subconsciously? Now that their own is in power?

I have always believed in bringing sense, even out of nonsense. I have always believed that there is inherent goodness in everyman, no matter how worse and evil they appear.....why have I conveniently exempted the APC, GMB/PYO.

In my myopic thinking, I chose to think he has retired to his block of flats and handed over his post, unofficially to Tinubu.

Well, what if as I write now, that man is on his kness, praying and crying his hearts out.....asking God to help him steer the cause of this nation....what if?

For sometime now, I have observed that in my online relations, I have fallen short of THINKing. (an acronym I promoted on here briefly, as regards online ettiquette)

Is it Thoughtful?

Is it Helpful?

Is it Inspiring?

Is it Necessary?

Is it Kind?

Nonetheless, I reckon that we are all growing. We are all getting better... Those that point to our failings and accuse us of being hypocrites fail to see that we all have our blindspots and none of those blindspots makes us any less than we are. For we shine, not in never falling but in rising and pushing on.

It is on this note that I hereby submit that I have seen that my manner of approach and way of addressing Buhari and co was off and I have decided to make a turn around in the spirit of excellence.

Henceforth, I will try to see the good in the incoming administration and maintain a position of near neutrality and objectivity. I will put them in my prayers and be an ambassador of peace and goodwill where ever, whenever; for first and foremost, I am, A Nigerian.
So help me God.

I wish him and his team wisdom and understanding uncommon as they prepare to pilot the affairs of this nation.
And So shall it be.

Signed

Mizmycoli (f)
smileysmileysmiley

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
Mynd44:
*yawns*

Hatred based on bitterness cos of tribe/religion and hearsay without critically looking at issues.

Anyway, she done change #Godwin
Hi.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by oluks05: 7:53pm On Apr 28, 2015
In as much as I support GMB/PYO we also need a strong opposition to check their administration. I hope PDP does get its acts togeda and put the incoming administration on their toes.

God bless Jonathan

God bless GMB/PYO

God bless NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by zicoraads: 7:53pm On Apr 28, 2015
Lol... cheesy cheesy

Well, I know what this section can do to someone. And, I also know how some of these APC apologists can do to someone. A colleague once told me that I have lost the objectivity I had since I started supporting the PDP.

True, we all pray for a better Nigeria. And no matter the side of the divide you belong to, that should be of great importance.

I remember telling MizMyColi to tread carefully when I noticed she was becoming very active in this section. But be that as it may, while hoping this administration succeedes, we will be very, very brutal in pointing out and criticising the policies of this administration that we are not comfortable with. And that, I will never relent on.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by EdCure: 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2015
Deep down in every man/woman is the virtue and potential to excell. But when he jettison the principle of objectivism and (moral) ethics, he loses touch of his potentials and engages in counter-productive ventures and naysayings.
It is good to know that you have come to realise the fact that imagination, reason and sound moral judgement are more important than knowledge and cheap online popularity.

My thought.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by Sooroptimist1: 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:
[s]@MyColi:

You have spoken well! I understand your position of wishing the government well and giving it a chance. This has always been my position too. However, wishing a government well does not mean absence of criticism, neither does it mean absence of analytical thinking. Wishing a government well does not also mean to be in agreement with everything it says or do, neither does it mean instituting a one-party state.

We shall always wish the incoming government well, but we shall not relent in playing our patriotic role as citizens and opposition.
[/s]

Coming from an ultra charlatan and a two-timing Juda...s

33 Likes

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by LubricatingOil: 7:56pm On Apr 28, 2015
Nonsense.,

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by kaboninc(m): 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2015
I choose to come here for a reason...

Well some people do not actually hate Buhari. Not every comment about Buhari and his gang should actually be taken in a negative sense.

I belong to that set of individuals who do not hate him. I just do not like his personality, the personalities surrounding him and the mantra for which he rose to power. These are fundamental issues one cannot just wave aside. He is just not our kind of leader - a leader for a complex society as ours.

To me and the lots like me, his campaigns and the messages that came with it were founded on lies, deceits and fraud. That is what I hate about Buhari. Now we're beginning to notice some recounting of promises especially issues relating to corruption - Timpreye Silva should come to your mind.

His recent utterances, actions and inactions are confirming our doubts about him. If you've observed closely, he has been drawing the 'rage' of the current president just to give the impression that this government is stinking with a very bad stench from the worst sewage tank ever! A focused leader should know what time wasters are. An example is the PwC report.

I do not want to cry more than the bereaved (of course I am also a member of the bereaved).

I wish him good luck but will definitely come down hard on him. People learn like this also.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by kaboninc(m): 8:00pm On Apr 28, 2015
okotv:
I never believed a day like this would come. Thank you so much mizmycoli for taking that bold step. Indeed, change has come to stay.

You again....

You are APC....

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by satelliteDISH(m): 8:02pm On Apr 28, 2015
I am here to represent the TRUE Nairaland Democrats. Where r the Republicans?
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
*rolls eyes* Cry me a lagoon. grin
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by omenka(m): 8:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
No comment. cheesy
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by usbcable(m): 8:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
MizMyColi:

Is it Thoughtful?

Is it Helpful?

Is it Inspiring?

Is it Necessary?

Is it Kind?

So help me God.

And So shall it be.

Signed

Mizmycoli (f)
smileysmileysmiley

i just gave you a like.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by usbcable(m): 8:07pm On Apr 28, 2015
barcanista:
@MyColi:

how do you profess wanting to be in opposition and want what you oppose to succeed.
can you 'try' explaining.

Your recent comments and 'threads' say otherwise

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by okotv(m): 8:08pm On Apr 28, 2015
kaboninc:

You again....

You are APC....
we have disagreed before on a thread. I can't forget that. I support APC just the way APGA supports PDP. I really support NCP...the oldest political party alive.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by kaboninc(m): 8:12pm On Apr 28, 2015
okotv:
we have disagreed before on a thread. I can't forget that. I support APC just the way APGA supports PDP. I really support NCP...the oldest political party alive.

Yes oh.

You're right.

Let's see how your party sail us....
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by Mynd44: 8:14pm On Apr 28, 2015
musKeeto:

Hi.
My brother my brother.

Where did you apparate to?
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by okotv(m): 8:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
kaboninc:

Yes oh.

You're right.

Let's see how your party sail us....
I don't think my party can survive if we don't do grassroot politics. A local government will be enough to show what we can do. My party's presidential candidate was the best though
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by kaboninc(m): 8:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
okotv:
I don't think my party can survive if we don't do grassroot politics. A local government will be enough to show what we can do. My party's presidential candidate was the best though

Looool.

Let's just respect the lady who started this thread.

Else I would have slugged it out with you on your presidential candidate being the best.

Just read my comment up there.

We'll meet at another thread.

Truss me.
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by baralatie(m): 8:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
op! you witnessed the blatant misleading information and propaganda by the APC and some people on these forum.Now they are in governance solely on the background of anti govt slogans.
and you asking for what exactly.I believe you are aware that the incumbent has not been sworn in.yet the APC has been spear heading all manner of propaganda and denials of promises both electoral and political.
let us not forget the already prepared guns against the press.
be rest assured the close making of govt won't stop.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by okotv(m): 8:33pm On Apr 28, 2015
kaboninc:

Looool.

Let's just respect the lady who started this thread.

Else I would have slugged it out with you on your presidential candidate being the best.

Just read my comment up there.

We'll meet at another thread.

Truss me.
okay. Waiting. You can even start a thread to that effect
Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 28, 2015
usbcable:

how do you profess wanting to be in opposition and want what you oppose to succeed.
can you 'try' explaining.

Your recent comments and 'threads' say otherwise
Opposition isn't same as anti-govÉrnment (which APC actually practised). Opposition is vital in a democracy as long as it is issue based

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Democrats' Criticisms Of The President-Elect; My (Repentant) Thoughts by kaboninc(m): 8:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
okotv:
okay. Waiting. You can even start a thread to that effect

Not now sir. Reaally not in the mood.

But I'll invite you when I'm available and I do hope you'd also be available too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Army To Recruit Eligible IDPs / APC Reconciliation: Badaru, Lalong Brief Osinbajo / See Photos Of A Street In Ibadan In 1976 And 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.