Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued (52687 Views)

"Buhari's Men Kidnapped Chibok Girls" - Fani Kayode / AGF, Malami Appears Before Senate This Morning / Nnamdi Kanu's 'I LOVE BIAFRA' Wristband As He Appears In Court Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by agabaI23(m): 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2015
See tweets from Defense Head Quarters

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2357412_dhq_png1a3dad9d1506a73be73c931feb46afca

In a daring and precise operation the Nigerian troops have stormed the Sambisa Forest and rescued about 300 women and girls.
Also at least 21 people were killed by suspected members of dreaded Boko Haram in Marguba community and other surrounding villages of Beneshiekh, the headquarters of Kaga local government area of Borno state.

It was gathered that at least three major terrorists camps have been destroyed in the well-cordinated attacks that include the destruction of the notorious Tokumbere camp in the Sambisa Forest.

While confirming the operation the Director Defence Information, Major General Chris Olukolade said he could not confirm the identity of the freed victims and their origins and he could not state if any of them was from Chibok until after thorough screening and proper investigations.

He said: “I can only confirm the rescued this afternoon of 200 girls and 93 women in different camps in the forest. We are yet to determine their origin as all the freed persons are now being screened and profiled. Please don’t misquote me on their origin. We will provide more details later.”

Also at least twenty one people were killedby suspected members of dreaded Boko Haram in Marguba community and other surrounding villages of Beneshiekh, the headquarters of Kaga local government area of Borno state.

The insurgents according to sources also injured many residents after setting ablaze several houses mostly thatched roofs before looting foodstuff and livestock.

Beneshiekh is north west and about 76 kilometers drive from Maiduguri, the state capital. It is located on the fringes of Sambisa forest along Maiduguri- Damaturu- Kano road which have witnessed series of deadly attacks by insurgents.

This development is coming barely 24 hours after some group of insurgents laid ambush on some returning residents, killing 21 in Bultaram village of Gujba council area of Tone state while attempting to return to their sacked village to evacuate their abandoned foodstuff and livestock.

Our Correspondent reliably gathered from fleeing residents now taking refuge in Beneshiekh town that “the insurgents came from Sambisa forest axis and stormed the villages on Monday evening, wrecked havoc as they had a filed day without confrontation”.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/troops-storm-sambisa-rescue-300-females-as-boko-haram-kills-22-in-fresh-borno-village-attacks/#sthash.4aGRMV8W.dpuf

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by wachakuta(m): 8:23pm On Apr 28, 2015
Jona end of tenure drama kontinus...

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by olaideeeedris(m): 8:25pm On Apr 28, 2015
Hmmmmmm... I just dey observe

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by Bevista: 8:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
I hope it's true. Great work by the FG & NM. Better late than never.

However, If true, It will be sad to think that these efforts and results could have come a lot earlier. GEJ did not need potential or actual election defeat to wake up to his constitutional responsibilities.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by agabaI23(m): 8:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
Lets hope the girls are among them.
Good news all the same.

6 Likes

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by firstolalekan(m): 8:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
Thunder ⚡ fire them angry
Chibok girls is scam
BOKOHARAM is the military wing of PDPïgs
CHANGE has come cool
Buhari has not even entered Aso rock and mofos have already started taking restitution classes undecided
SAI BABA!

133 Likes 10 Shares

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by Igwe9(m): 8:27pm On Apr 28, 2015
Good news if true, Gej living the Aso rock in a flying colors and will be like Lord, of all the people you placed under my care, none got missing except the ones that did so on their own accord". smiley

However, the deed has been done.
Mission accomplished!

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by efilefun(m): 8:28pm On Apr 28, 2015
Great news, this shows we have a great leader in Buhari. Just being a president-elect and things are taking shape back. After the promise of giving terrorism a bloody nose and investigating the nigerian military, everybody is now fully awake to their responsibilities.

Yesterday the scam in NNPC was revealed and today the chibok girls are been found, patiently waiting for the next drama to unfold. seems alot of people are scared of losing their jobs and spending some quality years behind the bars.

God bless GMB
God bless PYO
God bless Nigeria

GMB is surely my Hero!!!!

161 Likes 7 Shares

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by efilefun(m): 8:29pm On Apr 28, 2015
which mission?
Igwe9:
Good news, in the other hand, the deed has been done.

Mission accomplished!

10 Likes

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by agabaI23(m): 8:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
wachakuta:
Jona end of tenure drama kontinus...
You should be happy these girls are out

7 Likes

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by wachakuta(m): 8:33pm On Apr 28, 2015
agabaI23:
You should be happy these girls are out
Like seriously?? After 1 year in a forest inside a desert??.. hmmm

10 Likes

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by illmatic101(m): 8:34pm On Apr 28, 2015
Goodluck my hero, you know the rest

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by Igwe9(m): 8:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
efilefun:
which mission?

Mr. Jonathan's enemies, their mission.

7 Likes

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by biafransoul: 8:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
You mean Buhari captives have been freed? Hallelujah. I know the God of Gej no dey sleep.

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by boman2014: 8:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
Link? Source?
Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by sweetguy26: 8:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
GEJ making things easy for Buhari. Buhari is such a lucky man.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by eddyline(m): 8:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
great news. now what remains is to totally crush the insurgents

2 Likes

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by Mopolchi: 8:38pm On Apr 28, 2015
GEJ is not a bad luck after all. He has done well.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by boman2014: 8:38pm On Apr 28, 2015
biafransoul:
You mean Buhari captives have been freed? Hallelujah. I know the God of Gej no dey sleep.
u no get sense i swear

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
Jonathanohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked

Hand wey hold dem don tire......nonsense
"I saw Chibok girls together in Sambisa Forest "...Female Escapee (before elections)
"We shall bring back our communities before the elections"....CDS ( before elections)
"We shall stamp out insurgencies out of Nigeria"......Jonathan (before elections)

He wants to use the release of the Chibok girls to stabilize the noise created over our missing 20bn dollars.
We need the cash now...Jonathan...in fact, if there was another presidential election today, you won't get up to 8 million votes.
So how many Boko haram members were killed in the rescue operation? How many Nigerian soldiers died in the course of this rescue mission?

Nonsense story

39 Likes

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by efilefun(m): 8:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
smh well Jonathan and he's entourage are his enemies.
Igwe9:

Mr. Jonathan's enemies, their mission.

9 Likes

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by GoldCircle: 8:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
Reuters has it as breaking news too

2 Likes

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by MizMyColi(f): 8:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
After all is said and done, we want a Nigeria that works.

Kudos to GEJ.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by Realdeals(m): 8:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
Iyen no nice, on a day the leader of #BringBackourgirls campaigner Oby Ezekwesili Clock 51

Check Childhood Picture Of The Leader of #BringBackourgirls Oby Ezekwesili As She Clock 51 Today

4 Likes

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by efilefun(m): 8:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
biafransoul:

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by agabaI23(m): 8:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
wachakuta:

Like seriously?? After 1 year in a forest inside a desert??.. hmmm
OK it is better they remained there?

6 Likes

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
This is victorrrrrrrrrry for the country and the President...

Saiiiiiii Jonaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Saiiiii Militaryyyyyyy

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by Mopolchi: 8:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
The question is where were they kept all this while that the US no fit find then the time wey they come Naija?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by socialmediaman: 8:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
Bevista:
I hope it's true. Great work by the FG & NM. Better late than never.

However, If true, It will be sad to think that these efforts and results could have come a lot earlier. GEJ did not need potential or actual election defeat to wake up to his constitutional responsibilities.

Even if he had released the girls before the election, I still don't think he deserves a re-election. The impunity under his government just needed to come to an end

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by denziz: 8:45pm On Apr 28, 2015
If the information is true, that mean GEJ has the potential to be great but refuses to use his potential because of his cluelessness

13 Likes

Re: It Appears Chibok Girls Have Been Rescued by biafransoul: 8:45pm On Apr 28, 2015
All hail Gej, the man that freed Buhari 's captives. Love you my president and shame to the daura dullard, the great baba one chance.

28 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Offers To Cut Buhari's Hair For 1year To Save 86m Off The Nation's Budget / How Chief-Of-Army-Staff Buratai Spent His Sallah(pics / "The Audacity": Army Deletes Cryptic Post After Killing Of Soldiers In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.