Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,016 members, 7,806,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Remember The Nigeria Vs India Match? Here’s Everything You Should Know - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Remember The Nigeria Vs India Match? Here’s Everything You Should Know (755 Views)

Rio2016 Olympics: Nigeria Vs Germany - 0 - 2 On 19th August 2016 / Rio2016 Olympics: Nigeria Vs Denmark 2 - 0 (Full Time) / The Truth About The Early 1900s Nigeria Vs India Match (1 - 99)!!! (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remember The Nigeria Vs India Match? Here’s Everything You Should Know by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
Everything You Need To Know About The
Nigeria Vs India Match
Virtually everybody born before the invention
of the internet must have heard the tale of a
nonexistent football match between Nigeria
and India that obviously took place in a
parallel universe and somehow we got to hear
the gory stories of that match.
Though there are many variations of the story,
every prevaricator seems to agree on a couple
of facts about this fictional football match.
Each storyteller agrees that;
1. This match ended with India scoring 99
goals and Nigeria scoring just one goal.
2. Nigerians where unable to kick the ball
because the football kept turning to a lion (or
something scary) to prevent them from playing
the soccer ball.
3. The Indians later agreed that if Nigeria
could score a goal, they would concede defeat
4. Samuel Okwaraji scored the winning goal
and lost his life in the process.
5. FIFA banned India from soccer because
they used black magic in that very game
With the help of common sense (not that it
was absent back then), quick access to
information and the internet, every right
thinking Nigerian has come to realize that
such a story should be filled under “Blatant
Lies”.
Re: Remember The Nigeria Vs India Match? Here’s Everything You Should Know by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
Re: Remember The Nigeria Vs India Match? Here’s Everything You Should Know by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 28, 2015

Re: Remember The Nigeria Vs India Match? Here’s Everything You Should Know by Anyi3(m): 9:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
Haba match that I watched live angry

It happened exactly the way you put it grin

2 Likes

Re: Remember The Nigeria Vs India Match? Here’s Everything You Should Know by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 28, 2015
Anyi3:

hian! bros why too dey lie like dis
Re: Remember The Nigeria Vs India Match? Here’s Everything You Should Know by Gabriel300(m): 10:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
My stupid roomie never let's me rest on this topic, he's so cocksure of it and it makes me laugh at his ignorance. He says thats why india were banned from football till date

1 Like

Re: Remember The Nigeria Vs India Match? Here’s Everything You Should Know by igwedaboss(m): 11:22pm On Apr 28, 2015
Anyi3:

them neva born OP that year na... what does he know

1 Like

Re: Remember The Nigeria Vs India Match? Here’s Everything You Should Know by Anyi3(m): 1:25am On Apr 29, 2015
igwedaboss:
them neva born OP that year na... what does he know

LOL... na late 90s kid

1 Like

Re: Remember The Nigeria Vs India Match? Here’s Everything You Should Know by Emmysteve(m): 10:14am On Apr 29, 2015
Op i don't agree with you. I have a copy of that match though it in a tape form which was handed over by our great grand dad. That tape is still the most valuable item in our household till date.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Game Behind Pedro To Chelsea's Deal. / Ihenacho Scores 1st Senior Goal. Mancity 1 Vs Crystal Palace 0 / Mike Dean Must Stop Refereeing Arsenal's Game - Over 50,000 Fans Sign Petition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.