Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,991 members, 7,803,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

How Long Would It Take To Trek From LAGOS To ABUJA.?? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Long Would It Take To Trek From LAGOS To ABUJA.?? (1773 Views)

“Wrapper Marathon’’: Man Treks From Lagos To Abuja / Five Men Plan To Trek To Mecca For Buhari / Photos Of Man Trekking From Yola To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Would It Take To Trek From LAGOS To ABUJA.?? by tk4rd: 3:45am On Apr 29, 2015
Let us do some mathematics here..
The normal step of a sportsman is 1m, and he is supposed to make like 2 steps in one second.. That is 2m per-second and that makes it 120m in a minute..
Now, Let us choose a figure that would be easier to work with.. The value is even lesser, but we will still drive home our point..
Let us assume a value of 100m in a minute (instead of 120m)..
That means, 1km in ten minutes, and 6km per hr.. (it would have been 7.2km per hour if we didn't adjust)..
For a traveller that would be trekking from six-to-six., that is, 12hrs trek per day., we would have 6x12=72km each day... (if we didn't correct the values, we would be getting 86.4km each day..)....
Now, if the distance from Lagos to Abuja is 778km (according to some sources), then, a sportsman trekking the distance should cover it in 10.8056days... (or 9.005days if we didn't correct the values).
Now, mathematics have clearly shown that a sportsman that wishes to trek from Lagos to Abuja would normally make it within 9-to-10days,, that is, if he trekked non-stop during the daytimes.
Re: How Long Would It Take To Trek From LAGOS To ABUJA.?? by padeolu: 4:21am On Apr 29, 2015
this makes no sense. humans ain't machine. are you saying he trekked 6hrs without resting? without eating or drinking water? You !mean one could trek for days without getting worn out? Like seriously? 1km in 10 minutes?
let's assume he made a 1km journey in 10mins (as u said), do you think he can continue with such tempo all through the journey? This aint maths or physics, its just the application of common sense.
Re: How Long Would It Take To Trek From LAGOS To ABUJA.?? by Nobody: 4:57am On Apr 29, 2015
what if it's a short guy? would he still have the normal step of a metre ?
Re: How Long Would It Take To Trek From LAGOS To ABUJA.?? by tk4rd: 7:21am On Apr 29, 2015
padeolu:
this makes no sense. humans ain't machine. are you saying he trekked 6hrs without resting? without eating or drinking water? You !mean one could trek for days without getting worn out? Like seriously? 1km in 10 minutes?
let's assume he made a 1km journey in 10mins (as u said), do you think he can continue with such tempo all through the journey? This aint maths or physics, its just the application of common sense.
Sportsmen are known for one thing. - DETERMINATION..
And Yes.. A normal human trekking speed is 6.5km per hour..
Google it my man and stop asking senseless questions.
I know you cannot embark on such a journey, that's why u are thinking like this.. Because, if you make up your mind to embark on such a journey, you would know that it is an endurance trek. Even when you get worn-out, you still strive to maintain a reasonable pace.
And again, if he gets worn-out, he can always take his time to eat and rest..
Re: How Long Would It Take To Trek From LAGOS To ABUJA.?? by tk4rd: 7:24am On Apr 29, 2015
imas:
what if it's a short guy? would he still have the normal step of a metre ?
Then it would take him longer than 10days..
The reason for my thread is to proove that 18 days is more than enough for an average sportsman with determination to embark on such a journey..
Re: How Long Would It Take To Trek From LAGOS To ABUJA.?? by phayvoursky(m): 7:32am On Apr 29, 2015
tk4rd:
Let us do some mathematics here..
The normal step of a sportsman is 1m, and he is supposed to make like 2 steps in one second.. That is 2m per-second and that makes it 120m in a minute..
Now, Let us choose a figure that would be easier to work with.. The value is even lesser, but we will still drive home our point..
Let us assume a value of 100m in a minute (instead of 120m)..
That means, 1km in ten minutes, and 6km per hr.. (it would have been 7.2km per hour if we didn't adjust)..
For a traveller that would be trekking from six-to-six., that is, 12hrs trek per day., we would have 6x12=72km each day... (if we didn't correct the values, we would be getting 86.4km each day..)....
Now, if the distance from Lagos to Abuja is 778km (according to some sources), then, a sportsman trekking the distance should cover it in 10.8056days... (or 9.005days if we didn't correct the values).
Now, mathematics have clearly shown that a sportsman that wishes to trek from Lagos to Abuja would normally make it within 9-to-10days,, that is, if he trekked non-stop during the daytimes.

MY FRIEND THERE IS NO WAY A HUMAN CAN TREK FROM LAGOS TO ABUJA IN TEN DAYS.

JUDGING FROM YOUR CALCULATIONS. HE WON'T SLEEP OR REST, HE WON'T EAT OR EXPERIENCE ANY FORM OF FATIGUE OR WEAKNESS, HE WON'T REST WHEN NIGHT FALLS, YOU DINT EVEN TALK OF THE WEATHER CONDITIONS OR HEALTH RELATED FACTORS.

WISE UP O. DON'T BE DECEIVED. TREKKING SUCH LONG DISTANCE IS NOT AS EASY AS POSTING ON NAIRALAND.

Re: How Long Would It Take To Trek From LAGOS To ABUJA.?? by tk4rd: 7:54am On Apr 29, 2015
phayvoursky:

MY FRIEND THERE IS NO WAY A HUMAN CAN TREK FROM LAGOS TO ABUJA IN TEN DAYS.

JUDGING FROM YOUR CALCULATIONS. HE WON'T SLEEP OR REST, HE WON'T EAT OR EXPERIENCE ANY FORM OF FATIGUE OR WEAKNESS, HE WON'T REST WHEN NIGHT FALLS, YOU DINT EVEN TALK OF THE WEATHER CONDITIONS OR HEALTH RELATED FACTORS.

WISE UP O. DON'T BE DECEIVED. TREKKING SUCH LONG DISTANCE IS NOT AS EASY AS POSTING ON NAIRALAND.

My friend, you didn't read my post.. U just scrolled to the end and started typing trash..
Go back and read my analysis well..
Our fore fathers trekked from Onitsha market to Aba Market those days within two days., and they did it once in every four days, all the days of their lives as Merchants.. And here you are, so lazy to read an average post, you are describing something you don't even know.?
Re: How Long Would It Take To Trek From LAGOS To ABUJA.?? by phayvoursky(m): 9:04am On Apr 29, 2015
tk4rd:
My friend, you didn't read my post.. U just scrolled to the end and started typing trash..
Go back and read my analysis well..
Our fore fathers trekked from Onitsha market to Aba Market those days within two days., and they did it once in every four days, all the days of their lives as Merchants.. And here you are, so lazy to read an average post, you are describing something you don't even know.?

FIRST OF ALL YOU'RE THROWING INSULTS AT ME FOR NO REASONABLE REASON.

IT WOULD BE LAME TO HAUL BACK INSULTS AT YOU CAUSE I SEE THIS CHARACTER OF YOURS STARTED FROM YOUR FORE FATHERS.

SECONDLY; IF YOU FEEL NO ONE WANTS TO ACCEPT YOUR POINT OF TREKKING FROM LAGOS TO ABUJA IN TEN THEN DO IT YOURSELF AND PROVE TO US IT'S POSSIBLE. PERIOD.
Re: How Long Would It Take To Trek From LAGOS To ABUJA.?? by tk4rd: 10:41am On Apr 29, 2015
phayvoursky:

FIRST OF ALL YOU'RE THROWING INSULTS AT ME FOR NO REASONABLE REASON.

IT WOULD BE LAME TO HAUL BACK INSULTS AT YOU CAUSE I SEE THIS CHARACTER OF YOURS STARTED FROM YOUR FORE FATHERS.

SECONDLY; IF YOU FEEL NO ONE WANTS TO ACCEPT YOUR POINT OF TREKKING FROM LAGOS TO ABUJA IN TEN THEN DO IT YOURSELF AND PROVE TO US IT'S POSSIBLE. PERIOD.
Nobody insulted you..
And I still advise you; it would be good for you to understand arguements first before refuting it.
Re: How Long Would It Take To Trek From LAGOS To ABUJA.?? by padeolu: 6:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
tk4rd:
Sportsmen are known for one thing. - DETERMINATION..
And Yes.. A normal human trekking speed is 6.5km per hour..
Google it my man and stop asking senseless questions.
I know you cannot embark on such a journey, that's why u are thinking like this.. Because, if you make up your mind to embark on such a journey, you would know that it is an endurance trek. Even when you get worn-out, you still strive to maintain a reasonable pace.
And again, if he gets worn-out, he can always take his time to eat and rest..
You must be a very confused soul or lack the basic knowledge of physics and maths. Do you know how long 6.5km is? Let me make it simpler for you:

10mins=1km (according to u)
where 1km=1000m
a footy field track is 400m
in 10min he has to travel round the track in 1000/400 (2.5) times.

How feasible is such journey unless he walked briskly?

you also mean its possible to maintain a constant speed of 2.5(field lenght) per 10min for 12 hours each day?
Re: How Long Would It Take To Trek From LAGOS To ABUJA.?? by tk4rd: 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
padeolu:
You must be a very confused soul or lack the basic knowledge of physics and maths. Do you know how long 6.5km is? Let me make it simpler for you:

10mins=1km (according to u)
where 1km=1000m
a footy field track is 400m
in 10min he has to travel round the track in 1000/400 (2.5) times.

How feasible is such journey unless he walked briskly?

you also mean its possible to maintain a constant speed of 2.5(field lenght) per 10min for 12 hours each day?
Whatever you might be trying to say here, I just don't know..
Someone wanted to trek a very long distance., and he made it in a reasonable time...
People refuted the timing, and I tried making it clear that if everything were under ideal situation, then, he would even have made it far earlier... That means, under real conditions, his timing is still correct and acceptable...
Are u saying that I made a mistake by calculating the trek under ideal conditions.?? Or that trekking Lagos to Abuja in 18days is not real.??
Whichever one you choose, I am still saying that Lagos to Abuja is trekkable in 10days under Ideal conditions...

(1) (Reply)

Goodnews To All Pool Stakers And Foothball Stakes / Robert Mugabe's Famous Quote On Virginity / Urgent And 'opendential'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.