Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,768 members, 7,802,348 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! (4775 Views)

After 2 Years Of Unemployment. / Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! Not Mine. Not The Federal Gov / Three Years Of Unemployment Ended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by jennex05(m): 10:05am On Apr 29, 2015
Imagine a handsome and well-to-do young man, a bachelor for that matter. He's ready and set for marriage. He embarks on a search for his better half. He's looking for a beautiful woman.
A down-to-earth woman. A peaceful, caring and loving woman. A woman who can take care of his home and children. Is that too much? Well, that's his specification and choice. He has a need and he has to fill it.

Meanwhile, there are lots of spinsters out there looking to get married. As the saying goes, there are more women than men. In fact the "spinsterhood market" is condensed.

So why can't this young man just pick one out of the many single girls out there. The reason is simple. He hasn't seen anyone that fits his spec. He doesn't care if the "spinsterhood market" is condensed. All he cares about is the right woman who can fill his needs.

Naturally, Man, unlike God is selfish.

Analogous to the above scenario is the labour market. The ratio of job seekers to employers is about an alarming 1000 : 1, if not more.
Employers don't care about the unemployed. No employers goal is to reduce unemployment rate in any country. Most times, there goal is to make money. Sorry. Man is selfish.

Every employer/company has needs. They need a good accountant who can manage their finances, They need an exceptional web developer who can manage their web site. The need an experienced Building Engineer who can manage their works and projects. Are you good, exceptional or experienced. They need to fill these needs.

Lesson: Stop complaining. You annoy me when you do. Well, i guess my emotions and opinion don't count in your life.
Quit saying there are no jobs. There are. There are things to do. People have needs. Find them, fill them. Get yourself equipped with a new skill.

Who doesn't have just a degree today? Is that all you can offer? SMH for you.

Learn a computer program. Learn how to sell a product. Learn French. Get a Masters degree or even a PHD. Learn AUTOCAD. Learn PeachTree. Sharpen your convincing skills. Go out there and learn something that will make you stand out from the crowd. You'll find employers begging to employ you.

Trust me on this. This sh*t works like charm.

I guess my opinion counts now.

Sincerely,
JobZilla Nigeria - http://www.jobzilla.ng/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by hunkydory(m): 10:17am On Apr 29, 2015
True
Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by luminousity(m): 11:13am On Apr 29, 2015
Idiot. As if na tissue paper u go use pay for the bill of all those rubbish u state above.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 29, 2015
Very true...

I recommend people learn vocational courses that can well equip them for the job environment...many persons possess about the same degree and qualifications,so one needs something extra to stand out...run skillful and relevant certification courses...

New graduate mech engineers who want to be employable by the oil and gas companies can run courses on instrumentation,piping and inspection...

One can actually get jobs straight up with companies without having to wait for shell and mobil for employment...
Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 29, 2015
A

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by 9niceguy(m): 11:33am On Apr 29, 2015
All of you are saying true, true as if is true. To acquire aforementioned, would the person get it anywhere for free? We have seen people on this NL even begging for money to survive, now you pay no attention to that.
Say another thing, pls.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 29, 2015
luminousity:
Idiot. As if na tissue paper u go use pay for the bill of all those rubbish u state above.
cheesy
Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by Valmesk(m): 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2015
Pls don't say dat,it's not the jobseeker's fault,it's not easy as u think out there,most ppl are willing to those things but no resources.

1 Like

Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by boujaye: 12:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
perhaps you are so fortunate, you have people around to help you stand, if not, its not as easy as you are saying it.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 29, 2015
Not everyone is as fortunate as u are OP. Some can't even afford three square meals daily. So please blame no one.
Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by Ben1975(m): 2:02pm On Apr 29, 2015
There are programs that honest people who are not work shy, can join for free online.

If they can manage to get onto Nairaland they can get onto these programs too. You just need to look in the right places.

What they give up in investment though they must exchange for effort

But there are out there, its ridiculous that people should be in such a state.

More Nigerians need to become entrepreneurial, but some just don't want to put in the time to learn.
You can join programs that will allow you to earn why you learn and many are free! And I mean long standing reputable ones.

But too many people jus won chop free money!

No food for lazy man

Ben Ajose

9niceguy:
All of you are saying true, true as if is true. To acquire aforementioned, would the person get it anywhere for free? We have seen people on this NL even begging for money to survive, now you pay no attention to that.
Say another thing, pls.
Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by pryd(m): 2:05pm On Apr 29, 2015
Typical textbook suggestions.

1 Like

Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by benbreeze: 2:57pm On Apr 29, 2015
[quote author=Ben1975 post=33235471]There are programs that honest people who are not work shy, can join for free online.

If they can manage to get onto Nairaland they can get onto these programs too. You just need to look in the right places.

More Nigerians need to become entrepreneurial, but some just don't want to put in the time to learn.
You can join programs that will allow you to earn why you learn and many are free! And I mean long standing reputable ones.

No food for lazy man

Ben Ajose

[/qu
Can you kindly hint us on how to go about such programmes...Advice can be easy to give.
Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by wolegzy: 3:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
I think you have a point @op but in addition to the above stated, I have observed over the year that majority of our graduates don't want to start from anywhere but the utmost top .

A lot of Nigerian graduates though not from rich backgrounds with no connections want to get out of the NYSC camp and head straight to an AC tight office and drive AC tight rides.

No company wants to employ a liability , they all want people that will add value to their organization. That is why you will see adverts for Graduate trainee requesting for 2 years post nysc experience.

Dear Nigerian graduates , it is time you realised that you should not reject any job you can lay your hand on , irrespective of the pay or work conditions- provided its matches your future goals and desired working environment.

These low paying jobs build you and add value to you and most importantly gives you the seemingly compulsory 'work experience' these companies ask for.
Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 29, 2015
undecided
Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by jennex05(m): 3:21pm On Apr 29, 2015
wolegzy:
I think you have a point @op but in addition to the above stated, I have observed over the year that majority of our graduates don't want to start from anywhere but the utmost top .

A lot of Nigerian graduates though not from rich backgrounds with no connections want to get out of the NYSC camp and head straight to an AC tight office and drive AC tight rides.

No company wants to employ a liability , they all want people that will add value to their organization. That is why you will see adverts for Graduate trainee requesting for 2 years post nysc experience.

Dear Nigerian graduates , it is time you realised that you should not reject any job you can lay your hand on , irrespective of the pay or work conditions- provided its matches your future goals and desired working environment.

These low paying jobs build you and add value to you and most importantly gives you the seemingly compulsory 'work experience' these companies ask for.

You are totally right.
Here's another post that buttresses this point - http://www.jobzilla.ng/2014/03/you-might-not-get-job-even-with-good.html
Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by jennex05(m): 3:37pm On Apr 29, 2015
xTerses:
@ OP no doubt you are from a rich background.

I agree with you that company/employers have needs that needed to be attended to but how many people can afford what it takes to acquire the skills needed?

For example, someone aspiring to be a professional programmer who struggles to get just 1 meal per day, how can such afford cost of professional programming course?
Or the daring who is determined to learn programming on his/her own because he can't afford NIIT, who struggles to get a laptop, internet data bundle and now no power supply.

Its high time employers Change how they operate. Instead of looking for skills and experience, get those who have potentials and train them on how to solve your problem.

The government, rich and employers are reason why there are lots of unemployed and they try to justify themself by blaming the un-employed for not having the right skills.

Hi xTerses,
I understand your point. But let me ask you a question. When you have a plumbing fault at home, would you prefer to use an inexperienced and intelligent plumber who can learn on-the-job or an experienced one who'll fix your damn leaky pump?

If you put yourself in the shoes of many employers, you'll understand that they are more concerned with getting tasks done efficiently and effectively than job seekers' opinion on the openings in their company.

I'm not saying such job seekers are doomed, but it's a good way to look at the situation. It goes a long way in helping applicants know their stand and possibly do something different about it.
Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by daveP(m): 3:50pm On Apr 29, 2015
9niceguy:
Say another thing, pls.
street language for vocational skill is "Apprenticeship" even if na computer school. And we know the hell that alone can cause.

Phoning aunty Bidemi to tell her youre working under Olasco and sons (an electrician).

Bottomline- our country hasnt done just enough to instill skill acquisition as a lovely venture.

That word sef-freedom!
Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by jennex05(m): 4:43pm On Apr 29, 2015
I've tried to address some of the issues raised on this thread on my blog. I simply couldn't post it here because i thought it would be helpful to my followers who might not be on nairaland but have the same questions.

Find it at http://www.jobzilla.ng/2015/04/my-answers-to-nairaland-thread-must.html

I hope this helps
Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by LaRoyalHighness(f): 5:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
Dear Op.. I learnt how to speak french... Can you kindly employ me?
Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
Ben1975:
There are programs that honest people who are not work shy, can join for free online.

No food for lazy man

Ben Ajose

And it would be better if you just cite one example of such that you mentioned...

3 Likes

Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by timilehing(m): 6:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
Absolute rubbish. As if you don't need start up capital to set-up any biz. Some people will just wake & start thinking nonsense just because their papa money dey speak for dem. smh angry

2 Likes

Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 29, 2015
[quote author=timilehing post=33244245]Absolute rubbish. As if you don't need start up capital to set-up any biz. Some people will just wake & start thinking nonsense just because their papa money dey speak for dem. smh >:My thoughts exactly!People just don't get it at all..the topic first of all is annoying..I have met someone who had a first class from uniport,plus oda professional degrees from courses he took after graduation;no job yet o!where hasn't he gone to for interviews?its not as sweet as u put it eh..no be only learn french,na learn swahili!how many people can afford to even learn a skill..abi na free?The average nigerian parent leaves you to your fate once you start serving.So where wil d job applicant get funds to do all get those ur "magic surefire keys to employment"!I hate when people write stuff from a very myopic point of view..money to even pay fare to the venue of interviews is a problem..I even advise people to start applying with d basic degree they have..most employers want cheap labour,so u and your phd go trek tire..it just takes d grace of God..Not ur degree,skills,french or whatever u think can get one a job..even the people you know in high places may not help!

2 Likes

Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by Blackchampion(m): 8:22pm On Apr 29, 2015
IN NEED OF A NEW/MORE CHALLENGING JOB POSITION.

I'm a Chemical Engineer with over 3years experience in:
* Production/Manufacturing Techniques,
* Plant Monitoring/Optimization
* Process Control
* Quality Control, Assurance and Analysis
* Raw Materials' Evaluation
* Safety and Health
* Laboratory Techniques (Chemical, Physical and Oil Test & Analysis)
* Management Information System on Production Plant Operations.

Also i am very proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). PM me if u have or know an offer. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by HooxJnr(m): 10:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
@op, am a graduate, I approached a satellite installer in Abuja to allow me be an apprentice under him. I already have the basic knowledge about the satellite installation stuff, I just needed him to put me through in some few things am not familiar with. I practically begged to work with him just to enable me learn and improve on my skills. The man charged me 20,000 for a month training of which I will have to pay more if am to continue after the one month . Truth is that I don't have such amount of money. I explained things to him but he said he will not charge less.

Truth is someone people like me are ready to acquire skills but there are few organizations ready and willing to teach people at a fair price . I am still searching for someone or an organization willing to teach me satellite TV installation at a lesser price in Abuja.
Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by killm: 11:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
luminousity:

Do you mind the idiot talking. My friend had a technical course at RECTAS, if y'all don't have an idea, google it up. His major was in GIS. He got a job not long after at Artic Spatial, well guess what. He's been working there for almost a year now, and till date he hasn't been paid. And the person writing is saying stop complaining there is no job. So cos you are employed and earning a good salary, the one I am to manage, someone is using it to buy new cars for his wife and I should still stay employed.

My other friend who worked for Visafone was laid off, because he had a contract position. And we all heard that MTN has just acquired Visafone, so those with permanent positions may likely work with MTN. He later got a job some place else as a customer service rep. Whilst he was there for a week, the MD came to the office and said the place was dirty. He told my friend to clean the place, which he did. The next day, they did the same thing, and for 2 weeks his role from being a customer service rep turned out to be a cleaner, and you say we should not complain?

Please, help me tell the idiot that whatever he wrote up there is just a piece of nonsense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
HooxJnr:
@op, am a graduate, I approached a satellite installer in Abuja to allow me be an apprentice under him. I already have the basic knowledge about the satellite installation stuff, I just needed him to put me through in some few things am not familiar with. I practically begged to work with him just to enable me learn and improve on my skills. The man charged me 20,000 for a month training of which I will have to pay more if am to continue after the one month . Truth is that I don't have such amount of money. I explained things to him but he said he will not charge less.

Truth is someone people like me are ready to acquire skills but there are few organizations ready and willing to teach people at a fair price . I am still searching for someone or an organization willing to teach me satellite TV installation at a lesser price in Abuja.

By satellite TV, do you mean DSTV and it's likes? If yes, trust me, you don't need that man neither should you waste your 20K. Instead, use that 20K to get a digital signal tracker. Once you have that, your problem is half solved.

No one taught me yet I know it, it's not difficult.

Even if I no longer do it these days, the experience is still there and I might be of help. You can send me a pm
Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by killm: 11:20pm On Apr 29, 2015
timilehing:
Absolute rubbish. As if you don't need start up capital to set-up any biz. Some people will just wake & start thinking nonsense just because their papa money dey speak for dem. smh angry

The guy is an idiot, he is just being a fool.
Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by killm: 11:23pm On Apr 29, 2015
Ben1975:

No food for lazy man

Ben Ajose

Perhaps, it would have been best you introduced these free programs. Rather blab all through your message. Go ahead and introduce these programs and see what people will do, if what you are saying is true.
Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by killm: 11:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
jennex05:
Imagine a handsome and well-to-do young man, a bachelor for that matter. He's ready and set for marriage. He embarks on a search for his better half. He's looking for a beautiful woman.
A down-to-earth woman. A peaceful, caring and loving woman. A woman who can take care of his home and children. Is that too much? Well, that's his specification and choice. He has a need and he has to fill it.

Meanwhile, there are lots of spinsters out there looking to get married. As the saying goes, there are more women than men. In fact the "spinsterhood market" is condensed.

So why can't this young man just pick one out of the many single girls out there. The reason is simple. He hasn't seen anyone that fits his spec. He doesn't care if the "spinsterhood market" is condensed. All he cares about is the right woman who can fill his needs.

Naturally, Man, unlike God is selfish.

Analogous to the above scenario is the labour market. The ratio of job seekers to employers is about an alarming 1000 : 1, if not more.
Employers don't care about the unemployed. No employers goal is to reduce unemployment rate in any country. Most times, there goal is to make money. Sorry. Man is selfish.

Every employer/company has needs. They need a good accountant who can manage their finances, They need an exceptional web developer who can manage their web site. The need an experienced Building Engineer who can manage their works and projects. Are you good, exceptional or experienced. They need to fill these needs.

Lesson: Stop complaining. You annoy me when you do. Well, i guess my emotions and opinion don't count in your life.
Quit saying there are no jobs. There are. There are things to do. People have needs. Find them, fill them. Get yourself equipped with a new skill.

Who doesn't have just a degree today? Is that all you can offer? SMH for you.

Learn a computer program. Learn how to sell a product. Learn French. Get a Masters degree or even a PHD. Learn AUTOCAD. Learn PeachTree. Sharpen your convincing skills. Go out there and learn something that will make you stand out from the crowd. You'll find employers begging to employ you.

Trust me on this. This sh*t works like charm.

I guess my opinion counts now.

Sincerely,
JobZilla Nigeria - http://www.jobzilla.ng/

Get a Masters degree? How does that guarantee you a new skill?
Get a Phd? For what?
Learn AutoCAD? Is that what I truly want for myself?
Do I want to do what others are doing?
This shit works like charm, well, I do not want my thing working like a charm, because charm always has its end point.
Too bad your opinion didn't count to me.
Because as much as you have written this nonsense, I expected some sense of relevance which I didn't see or notice in your content.
I would have rather make you talk about wanting people to discover themselves, and not making them look or feel bad. Because you are doing something and they are not. I also think that your today may be relevant, but your tomorrow can also be irrelevant. So if you have a business and it's thriving today, what happens tomorrow when you do not have a good understanding of your SWOT analysis. What happens with your competition? Especially when they chase you off the market? You make it sound like you have achieved all there is to achieve, yet we do not see you on Forbes list.
Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by klark3: 11:40pm On Apr 29, 2015
Blackbeauty:
My thoughts exactly!People just don't get it at all..the topic first of all is annoying..I have met someone who had a first class from uniport,plus oda professional degrees from courses he took after graduation;no job yet o!where hasn't he gone to for interviews?its not as sweet as u put it eh..no be only learn french,na learn swahili!how many people can afford to even learn a skill..abi na free?The average nigerian parent leaves you to your fate once you start serving.So where wil d job applicant get funds to do all get those ur "magic surefire keys to employment"!I hate when people write stuff from a very myopic point of view..money to even pay fare to the venue of interviews is a problem..I even advise people to start applying with d basic degree they have..most employers want cheap labour,so u and your phd go trek tire..it just takes d grace of God..Not ur degree,skills,french or whatever u think can get one a job..even the people you know in high places may not help!
U get sense!

E be like say masters & phd na free for op place...
Re: Stop Complaining Of Unemployment. It's Your Fault! by HooxJnr(m): 8:41pm On May 01, 2015
Engrtemmy:

By satellite TV, do you mean DSTV and it's likes? If yes, trust me, you don't need that man neither should you waste your 20K. Instead, use that 20K to get a digital signal tracker. Once you have that, your problem is half solved.

No one taught me yet I know it, it's not difficult.

Even if I no longer do it these days, the experience is still there and I might be of help. You can send me a pm

I sent you a pm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Insourcing - First Bank Test / HR INDEXX Aptitude Test Format (URGENT) / Graduate Trainees At Mannich Consulting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.