Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV? (20446 Views)

Everything can be fixed at McDorsey. (Phones, Laptops and Home appliances) / Help!! 230v (5000w Stabilizer) Cannot Power LG 1.5hp Air Conditioner / Using Automatic Voltage Regulator (stabilizer) On Tiger Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV? by hedonistic: 12:41pm On Apr 29, 2015
I just got a 5000VA TEC digital voltage stabilizer which I hope to use for all my appliances including 1HP AC, Water Dispenser, TV, Fan, etc. But someone just told me that I'll have to put on the AC all the time, otherwise, the stabilizer could burn the other appliances because the capacity is too much for things like water dispenser and TV...that I should get a smaller stabilizer of like 500 to 1000 watts for such appliances. Is this true? I thought it's the same 220/230 volts output regardless of the capacity of the stabilizer?

2 Likes

Re: Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV? by bogolobango(m): 1:00pm On Apr 29, 2015
Whats the brand of ur stabilizer some of them are fakes
Re: Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV? by hedonistic: 1:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
bogolobango:

The brand is TEC. Thermocool.

Re: Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV? by bogolobango(m): 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2015
I dnt really know abt this brand buh ill advice u get a fridge in surport
Re: Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV? by hedonistic: 2:07pm On Apr 29, 2015
bogolobango:
I dnt really know abt this brand buh ill advice u get a fridge in surport

So in essence, a stabilizer of this capacity can blow my water dispenser or TV if used alone with them without a fridge or AC plugged in?
Re: Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV? by bogolobango(m): 4:25pm On Apr 29, 2015
True lies who told u that stabilizer cant blow ur stuffs no matter what VA it is

6 Likes

Re: Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV? by bogolobango(m): 8:48am On May 08, 2015
@hedonistic hope u are enjoying ur stabilizer and i hope dis brand is ok
Re: Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV? by guente02(m): 11:36pm On May 09, 2015
Its just like pouring 1 bottle of eva water into a gp tank. Whats happens? Nothing. So if you connect a couple of appliances whose wattage is lower than what your stabe is rated then Nothing will happen. Those feeding you those simply skipped simple ac circuits class in senior high form 3.

12 Likes

Re: Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV? by chukel(m): 6:07am On Oct 02, 2015
bogolobango:
how do u differentiate the original from the fake wall mounted TEC 5000VA stabilizer. Please add pix if possible.
Re: Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV? by Kove: 12:38am On Apr 19, 2016
A 5000VA stab will not destroy your equipment even if it is only an energy saving bulb of 10W that is connected to it. What destroys equipment is the voltage. As long as the output voltage of the stab is 220V, you have nothing to fear neither do you have to load the stab with a fridge or AC to use equipment that require smaller power.

11 Likes

Re: Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV? by sexdoll: 11:19am On Sep 24, 2018
guente02:
Its just like pouring 1 bottle of eva water into a gp tank. Whats happens? Nothing. So if you connect a couple of appliances whose wattage is lower than what your stabe is rated then Nothing will happen. Those feeding you those simply skipped simple ac circuits class in senior high form 3.

you will be amazed with number of idiots and quacks we have in this country misleading and giving people all the wrong advice you can ever think of.

it's really a shame.

4 Likes

Re: Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV? by Ayotundesh: 5:37pm On Jan 21, 2019
So please what is the best stabilizer for lower than candle light?
Re: Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV? by celwonder(m): 6:51am On Nov 07, 2020
Pls can an electric cooker (double face) be used together with other equipment (TV, fridge, 1.5hp inverter AC & microwave) on a 5000va stabilizer?
Re: Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV? by lebete3000: 9:40am On Dec 16, 2020
guente02:

Sup bro, so is it true that a 5000VA Stabilizer would help power a 1HP airconditioner to chill when there's a low current that can't normally power the AC?
Re: Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV? by guente02(m): 11:18am On Dec 16, 2020
lebete3000:

Sup bro, so is it true that a 5000VA Stabilizer would help power a 1HP airconditioner to chill when there's a low current that can't normally power the AC?
Yeah true...The maximum power draw of most 1hp acs is around 1000v-1200va. So with a stab of 5000va you're well within range. You should be good to go with it.

3 Likes

Re: Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV? by Dat2jo: 11:19pm On Mar 02, 2022
guente02:

Yeah true...The maximum power draw of most 1hp acs is around 1000v-1200va. So with a stab of 5000va you're well within range. You should be good to go with it.
Sir, can the Century 2kva wall stabilizer conveniently power my 1.5hp AC as claimed? My AC has an Input rating of 980w and a Max input of 1100w.
Re: Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV? by guente02(m): 2:12pm On Mar 03, 2022
Dat2jo:
Sir, can the Century 2kva wall stabilizer conveniently power my 1.5hp AC as claimed? My AC has an Input rating of 980w and a Max input of 1100w.
Give enough room for starting power and go for 3kva.

My I run two(and inverter and copper) 1.5hp AC on my 3kva kva inverter and it works.

2 Likes

Re: Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV? by Dat2jo: 5:35pm On Mar 03, 2022
guente02:

Give enough room for starting power and go for 3kva.

My I run two(and inverter and copper) 1.5hp AC on my 3kva kva inverter and it works.
Can't seem to find a 3kva stabilizer in the market (online). Seems from 2kva it jumps to 5kva and them 10kva. Kindly guide me to where u can find one.
Re: Will A 5000VA Voltage Stabilizer Damage Smaller Appliances Like LED TV? by Israeltt: 8:30am On Aug 17, 2022
Bosses in the house, please I have a couple of questions
1. Is DuraVolt stabilizer a good brand to get?

2. Should a stab be used with a gen that has AVR because I am thinking if stab is an AVR and gen has AVR, there should be no need... BUT BUT BUT, I AM NOT AN EXPERT HERE

Thank you in advance for the enlightening responses

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem / I-worm/brontok.a Please Help Me Get Rid Of It / Windows Xp Professional Sp2 Cd Key Plssss!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.