Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! (58116 Views)

Xenophobia: We Should Not Be Ungrateful To Those That Helped Us ― Mbeki / The 10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World: Nigeria Not On The List! / Rare Photos: Remembering Apartheid In South Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Kenai: 2:28pm On Apr 29, 2015
The final nail on the coffin of Nigeria's Sense of entitlement?
Twitter user @Mokhathi recently paid a visit to his native Freedom Park in South Africa, a park/museum created in honor of the Black Liberation struggle and the eventual abolishment of Apartheid. And inside the museum rests a board/Plaque recognizing and appreciating the various countries that came to their aid in numerous fields during those trying times.

But what I found most interesting is the fact that Nigeria wasn't for once mentioned on that list.
Take a look and examine the list yourselves:

When you juxtapose this with the numerous stories we've heard about how Nigerian leaders spent billions helping South Africa as well as arm-twisting the Brits by indigenizing their companies, it's even more weird. Even Ghana, Tanzania, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia and Lesotho were recognized, but not the self-proclaimed Giant of Africa with its "Big Daddy" complex.

Isn't it funny that, during the decade Nigerian military officers were spending those billions of dollars "helping" far away South Africa, Bayelsa wasn't even on the national grid?
Isn't it funny that, during the decade our "leaders" were spending those billions, numerous towns and villages in the Niger Delta had its locals drinking, washing, bathing, swimmig, DEFECATING, cooking and EATING from the same water source?

Isn't it funny that the same country "spending billions" to "liberate" another couldn't even boast of reliable electricity or a functional steel mill to aid its industrial sector?

This is when you begin to ask if the so-called 'Black Emancipation' spree, embarked on by our leaders at that period, was really an honest fight for justice or one big, overbloated ego trip meant to serve their interests and line their pockets. From the oil boom of the 70's which only translated to flashy, nonsensical Jamborees like FESTAC77 and ECOMOG noise, were the 70's and 80's really about exemplary Leadership or just self-serving idiocy?

As a final shot, I'd advise my fellow Nigerians (especially our leaders) to shun this "pan African" foolishines and FOCUS on just serving the people who elected them, not some strangers hundreds of miles away!

Pan-Africanism is a FARCE. Has always been so; will always be so.

PS: E really pain this my guy! grin

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
those ingrates. it's high time we shut their businesses down in Nigeria. We are taking over africa and they are forming jealous.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by benega: 2:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
Chai, blacks and their wahala. Imagine people killing their brothers over something senseless. Meanwhile look at messi the god of soccer and arguably the most valueable human alive allowing an unknown creature take pics with him, even touching him personally. Chai what humility. We really have a long way to go i swear.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by delishpot: 2:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
I say dem don kill dem mama eh eh eh
Dem don kill dem papa eh.......
meanwhile our people die due to lack of infrastructure. Our leaders chopping money and claiming they were sending it to help SA

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by ozoigbondu: 2:39pm On Apr 29, 2015
l don't blame SA rather l blame those idiotic morons masquradeing as millitary rulers that spent most of our money trying to libetate a bunch of savages.

lf i remember correctly Nigeria was the first country Mandela visted when he was relased to thank us for pumping billions to help them turns out it was a waste of resources

And to think we nationalized British Petroleum because of these savage zulus

148 Likes 10 Shares

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by TheSonOfMark(m): 2:40pm On Apr 29, 2015

Just perfect. South Africa, please can you folks return the billions we sent to you (with interest ofcourse)? We need the money to help fund our economic ventures. Thank you in advance, idiots!

94 Likes 9 Shares

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by kodded(m): 2:43pm On Apr 29, 2015
fvck their ugly ass...... angry

..........undecided they wanna be the giant of africa so any rival is their enemy cool

......not surprise tho undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 29, 2015
Lol...animals.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by chronique(m): 2:45pm On Apr 29, 2015
I remember the Majek Fashek's hit track against the apartheid regime in the late 80's to early 90's. It's funny how all these events finally played out. Nigeria should learn to stop playing any big brother role to any African nation. Let's spend our resources to develop our country. If our neighbours like,let them die of hunger;that's their fucking business.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by jmaine: 2:47pm On Apr 29, 2015
Hmmm !! Quite an interesting episode . . . . . . . grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Anyi3(m): 2:56pm On Apr 29, 2015
Before we all go on attacking South Africa.

Does anyone really have solid proof to support Nigeria's active support against apartheid?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Blakjewelry(m): 2:57pm On Apr 29, 2015
Sometimes you need a hot slap to jolt you back to reality, that is what Nigeria needs and I think that is what we are getting

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
Anyi3:
Before we all go on attacking South Africa.

Does anyone really have solid proof to support Nigeria's active support against apartheid?
all the songs by majek fashek, christy essien igbokwe and onyeka owenu aren't proof ? Well what of those days when the ANC used to come to schools and other corporate institutions to appeal for alms to support the war against arpatheid rule in SA ? It's a sure thing that we helped SA in their fight against arpatheid rule and it's another sure thing that south africans are ungrateful animala who don't deserve any help or sympathy. Don't understand why multichoice, shoprite, mtn and other SA owned entities should still be milking us badly here in Nigeria

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by BlackTechnology: 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2015
Thank God

At least our foolishness has being exposed

Only an unwise person shines outside to the detriment of his close people grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by natureblack(m): 3:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
No African country expended as much time,money and commitment to the fight against Apartheid as Nigeria.We also boycotted the Commonwealth games because of SouthAfrica.

Detestable how People who marched all the way with South-Africans can be despised and forgotten by the governments and people of South Africa.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Blurry: 3:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
Its a pity it has come to this.

SA knowingly left out Nigeria for reasons best known to them, they altered history in order to sell a lie.

Well, posterity will judge every man and every country. Lies may sell but truth will eventually catch up.

6 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by iyatrustee(f): 3:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
Its a pity that Nigeria has fallen short of its previous glory.

Is Nigeria still the acclaimed big brother of the continent?

How can South Africa forget so soon the roles we played during their aparthied days.

The collective actions of both our leaders and followers led us to where we are today!

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by simplemach(m): 3:33pm On Apr 29, 2015
These people are ingreats, simple!
Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by searay(m): 3:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
No comment except

[size=40pt]GEJ till 2019[/size]

10 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
When I heard some civil servants even donate some percentage of their salaries

It's a lesson for our incoming leaders.... I know if you ask malians who help push back their rebels,they may also exclude Nigeria angry angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by helphelp: 3:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
It's okay

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by yurme(m): 3:34pm On Apr 29, 2015
Awon S.a yi ti ya werey

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by nerodenero: 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
Pained bastards!

It is good we now know that South Africa is indeed our enemy. What goes around, comes around.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
Great, this government of Jonathan sef shocked

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by pabon(m): 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
Everyday comes with a new lesson to learn. God help us all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by alaoeri: 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
Is not there fault, majority of the leaders that witness Nigerian assistant are no more & the few that are left are now voiceless, those ranting now are babies then still sucking breast while some are not yet born & they also failed to read their history. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Chuksgeo: 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
Coming back to comment later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by okoloikenna(m): 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2015
My fellow nigerians it's high time we ignored d's ignorant/uneducated south Africans and concentrate our energy on how to move our country (NIGERIA ) forward

To dose of us agitating d closure of Mtn DSTV and other south african investments in nigeria all I can say to u all is pls my dear think again cos wen a mad man slaps u in d public u dnt slap back to show ur strength

D's south african investments in nigeria has indirectly blessed more Dan 10 million nigerians think of d
1 Job employment ( DSTV MTN SHOPRITE)( over 1 million nigerians )
2 Mtn scholarship to our young ones in higher institution
3 rural development brought abt by this companies

Den tell me shutting down this companies how will it affect us positively

Rem dnt slap a mad man Wen he slaps u jus apply WISDOM

17 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by proxitaly: 3:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
wow!

Nigeria truly is under a curse.

Hated by the outside world,
Milked dry by her leaders,

Tribalism by her citizens

How do we even start saying this?

I wish years are moving in a circle, I wish to be in 1913 before this Lugard Miracle

God help us

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by Samirana360(m): 3:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
I knw nigeria and south africa ar draggin 4 africa power...who will rule d continent
?
South africa ar nt happy dat nigeria is called giant of africa dat's y they so hate nigeria..
Buh d truth remains dat

We ar giant of africa. Our only problem is corruption

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: SA Lists States That Helped Their Apartheid Fight - Nigeria Not Listed! by cyberdurable(m): 3:36pm On Apr 29, 2015
Breaks My MTN sim! This people av broke my hrt wit this news

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Americans Blast Zelensky For Rejecting Elon Musk's Peace Deal With Russia (Pics) / Putin Places Sergey Beseda Under House Arrest / Russia Landed Two Nuclear-capable Bombers In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.