Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,622 members, 7,801,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him (64441 Views)

Shehu Sani Lists 10 Factors Blocking Nigeria’s Progress, Unity / Clark Lampoons Buhari;lists Obj,tinubu, Tambuwal, Amaechi, Others As Corrupt / Buhari Lists Jonathan's 'broken Promises' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 29, 2015
President-elect Muhammadu Buhari says there are at least
10 challenges ahead of his in-coming administration and
has sought the support of the new legislators in tackling
them.

He was speaking on Wednesday at the induction of new
members of the national assembly organised by the
National Institute for Legislative Studies in Abuja.

The challenges he listed are:

*General insecurity and insurgency “that has caused extreme
human hardship and destruction of lives, livelihoods” in the
north-east and north-west

*Environmental degradation in the Niger Delta

*Decline in revenues due to fall in oil prices

*Endemic corruption “which has crippled human and
infrastructure development for decades”

*Poor provision of power supply “which has had a crippling
effect on development of small businesses”

*Deindustrialization for the past three decades leading to
closure of many industries and migration of many to other
African countries

*High levels of unemployment and especially youth
unemployment which Buhari put at 40%

*High cost of governance “that has been crowding out capital
and human development”

*Erosion of public social services such as infrastructure,
health and education.

*Lack of development in the agricultural and solid mineral
sectors.

He said he hoped to work closely with legislators to tackle
the challenges, noting that the legislature is a critical
component and necessary ingredient of democracy and
good governance.

Buhari told the lawmakers: “The legislature by nature is
inherently democratic in the sense that all members are
equal and are elected representatives of the Nigerian
people. As President-elect, I recognise this fact and believe
that legislators carry this heavy burden of representation
with all the seriousness it deserves.

“For a president to be successful in addressing community
development and general welfare of the various people of
the country, he or she would benefit from working closely
and in harmony with the legislative arm of government.
“I therefore commit myself to working with the legislature
as development partners motivated by the desire to deliver
good governance.”

He commended Nigerians for their role during the general
election, and commended President Goodluck Jonathan for
accepting the results of the election “before final
announcement was made”.

www.thecable.ng/buhari-lists-10-challenges-waiting

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by jamex93(m): 2:47pm On Apr 29, 2015
now dats some one who knows what he is in for

a leader who knows the real reason why he was elected

i pray the lord give u the grace to accomplish all this beyond our expectations

mean while grin grin i wont 4get that i am FTC

thanks to all the space bookers for this privilege grin

251 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 29, 2015
Baba, while ur listing challenges, better don't forget my little niece in Primary 1...You promised her free food at skul. Dat even the most important challenge to me.

MEANWHILE, IN OTHER NEWS:

Nigerians list Buhari as one of the challenges waiting for dem.

Details shortly...

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by ozoigbondu: 2:52pm On Apr 29, 2015
The problem with Buhari is that he talks too much.He raises expectactions only to dash it.Where is N1=$1 it is the most important to me.

#BABAONECHANCE

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by imbless: 2:57pm On Apr 29, 2015
I envision buhari as the Messiah of this country, a great leader with great foresight, not as clueless as the out going admin.

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by iluvweed(m): 3:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
angry

ozoigbondu:
The problem with Buhari is that he talks too much.He raises expectactions only to dash it.Where is N1=$1 it is the most important to me.

#BABAONECHANCE

Nna bros, Is it that you are jobless or do you get paid for posting on NL?

Abeg try to meet with your people in alaba or onitsha to find you job abeg!....Must you post on every thread?.... undecided

SAI BABA JARE!.........Enemy of progress..... undecided

185 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by proxitaly: 3:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
1. (a) Endemic corruption “which has crippled human and
infrastructure development for decades”

1(b) High cost of governance “that has been crowding out capital
and human development”

Curb these two menace and you'll heal Nigeria, fail in these regards and you'll end up another failure.

All Nigeria's problem are hinged on and take their bearing from KWORUPTION
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2222298_certificate_jpegc3598cfd326e007e32709ad7d8f2a10c

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by okoloikenna(m): 3:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
Whenever I see news abt buhari I jus smile d kind of smile dat obasanjo smiled when he was brought out of jail "smile of freedom" I jus pray buhari will free us frm dis bondage of corruption and restore sanity

To those talking trash abt Jonathan remember say "E no easy o" uneasy lies d head dat wears d crown to mi I see Jonathan as our moses and Buhari as our Joshua

dey both have a role to play to get us to the promise land

baba Jona I go ever respect dat name #Gej Like madiba to south Africans so will u be to us and our children to come ur truly a hero

Baba Buhari d mantle is on u Do us proud and we will always tell our children abt a man who messed up d's country as a soilder but came back as a civilian to correct all d wrongs he did and possibly be d best president nigeria ever had

God u bless u bth

we love u bth....

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 29, 2015
ok
Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by onila(f): 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
#TeamBuhari

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by LMAyedun(m): 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
Once problems and challenges are identified, it will be easier to tackle and overcome.

God bless Nigeria.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by omenka(m): 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
The first step to solving a problem is identifying them and acknowledging their severity.

Jonathan failed woefully in this regard by insisting they don't even exist (stealing is not corruption, corruption is overblown and exaggerated etc).

God help you as you make efforts to fix this nation sir. You have my complete support.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by chynie: 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
e don start with excuse abi shocked

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by jamex93(m): 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
Oga Nla

BOOS!

haters get zero joy

the lord will empower you to do so

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by Faremisodeeq(m): 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
This is just 0.523 percent of the problems awaiting him

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by lion042(m): 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
Lazy men always shouting for nothing
Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by moscobabs(m): 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
Solve number 5 u are automatically overcome all

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by tucky200(m): 3:10pm On Apr 29, 2015
God bless you sir ...we are solidly behind you

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by Okuda(m): 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
the only and most important there is the high cost of governance

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by micolaj: 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
Knowing your problem is the first critical step to be taken in solving the problem itself. Kudos to GEN. May God help you.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by tejpot(m): 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
For citing this
High cost of governance “that has been crowding out capital
and human development"
3 gbosa for you

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
God bless your hustle sir

[size=15]IamMaleGirl[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by hazyfm: 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
MORE THAN 10
Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by timpaker(m): 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
CAPITAL excuses cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by adeblow(m): 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
Booked
GMB my hero, Fashola my role model

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by Dronedude(m): 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2015
So Help Him God

1 Like

Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by Lastdon02(m): 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
Shoro niyen?
Re: Buhari Lists 10 Challenges Waiting For Him by tejpot(m): 3:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
politicah:
excuses
Nonsense
Faremisodeeq:
This is just 0.523 percent of the problems awaiting him
And the remaining 99.477% is.......?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Orji Kalu’s Children Meet Ahmad Lawan, Senate President (Photos) / President Buhari Lands In Kaduna Airport, Uses Helicopter To Abuja (Video) / Fayose Inspects Dualized Awedele Road (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.