Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here (19615 Views)

My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. / Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here / See How Corps Members Get Water In Gwer West LGA, Benue State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Koleman(m): 11:56am On May 03, 2015
An2elect2:
sad sad sad
seeing some of these posts just made me sick sick and sick.
lol. Why naw?
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Koleman(m): 12:02pm On May 03, 2015
prissyluv:
Someone pls help me on how to get to benue camp from Onitsha or Enugu. Pls.

am sure. these transport companies ply those areas.

1. Pleasure travels,

2. New nyanya

3. benue links and many many more. So get to makurdi first. You will most likely be dropped at wurukum roundabout the most popular and busy area in makurdi. From there its easy to get another vehicle to wannune the camp venue.
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Koleman(m): 12:04pm On May 03, 2015
nastyd:
Water Scarcity??!!!

dis is coming from a friend dat servd
dere 2yrs bak

i wont lie to you. Its a common problem. But we are surviving so you will survived. Other corpers before you have also survived.
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by opendo21(m): 12:04pm On May 03, 2015
Rennee:

Monday
Please p.m me on whatsapp. I have a sister who is going 08139650611
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by prissyluv(f): 12:05pm On May 03, 2015
Koleman:

am sure. these transport companies ply those areas.

1. Pleasure travels,

2. New nyanya

3. benue links and many many more. So get to makurdi first. You will most likely be dropped at wurukum roundabout the most popular and busy area in makurdi. From there its easy to get another vehicle to wannune the camp venue.

Thanks. Another question is,is benue a place where one can acquire some basic skills or professional certs. Thanks.
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by prissyluv(f): 12:07pm On May 03, 2015
Koleman:

hahaha. Dont believe everything the media tells you. Its not that bad. Its just like boko haram. Despite the threat pple still leave in borno, yobe and adamawa. Infact corpers still serve there successfully. Most of all the fulani killings happens in the rural areas. Not in the state capital. Infact we here in benue dont even know much about it we only see it on national newspapers
so i should try and be posted in the capital shey?
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Koleman(m): 12:09pm On May 03, 2015
prissyluv:

Thanks. Another question is,is benue a place where one can acquire some basic skills or professional certs. Thanks.

why not. Its just like any other state capital or city. Yes it may not be as developed in terms of structures and buildings but surely not lagging behind in terms of education and intellect. So whatever you are looking for you will surely get it. But i think only in the state capital makurdi
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Koleman(m): 12:12pm On May 03, 2015
prissyluv:

well they all ve their advantages and disadvantages. In the state capital if you aren't lucky you may find it hard to get a place of primary assignment to serve. Becos rejections of corpers is common. But if rural areas you will be treated like a king but flexing will be hard. But basic amenities will be easy. So depends on you
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Koleman(m): 12:16pm On May 03, 2015
prissyluv:

well they all ve their advantages and disadvantages. In the state capital if you aren't lucky you may find it hard to get a place of primary assignment to serve. Becos rejections of corpers is common. But if rural areas you will be treated like a king but flexing will be hard. But basic amenities will be easy. So depends on you. State capital would be better in you really interest in acquiring professional certs
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Koleman(m): 12:31pm On May 03, 2015
FOR PROSPECTIVE BATCH A CORPERS POSTED TO NIGER STATE.

I pray this post gets published on the front page coz it will benefit those concerned.
×××××××××××××××××××××××

I assume you already know the required documents you may need in camp.

Three most important things:
1. Posting letter and Offcourse green card. Infact any documents concerned with Nysc. Afterall Na paper so its not heavy.

2. You student I.D card.

3. Statement of Result. Its called another name in polytechnics but I can't remember but I assume u know wat I mean.

4. And Enough Passports. If u can make sure its taken on red background with a with polo t-shirt. (15 copies will be enough) u won't use all but to avoid stories that touch.

Note: Make sure u make photocopies of these also. Its not mandatory but important so that u DONT start running round in camp looking for where to make photocopies. ( at least 10 copies each)

You can take ur jamb too. Just incase.

××××××××××××××××××××××

TRANSPORT:
transportation cost will vary according to distance and place. But one thing is for certain. If you are confused about directions and if you cannot find a direct bus to Min a then The easiest and safest way is this: First make the journey to Abuja. From abuja u will most of the times get a direct vehicle to Suleja.

(or from abuja board a vehicle to zuba and from zuba u can board to Suleja)

From Suleja will then board another vehicle to minna. DONT forget to tell the driver you will stop at nysc camp, paiko. Everybody knows it. Its just by the road side.
×××××××××××××

PLS NOTE: Your destination is not Minna. But the Nysc Camp is located in a local govt called Paikoro. And a town called Paiko. The only reason why you are entering a vehicle meant for minna is becos paiko is just before minna so to get to minna you must first pass through paiko.

sometimes you could even see vehicle going to paiko directly. Just DONT forget to mention nysc camp, paiko. Infact I can assure u on that day almost all vehicle will be going to paiko coz these drivers know nysc camp is opening and they will be expecting an influx of potential corp members going to paiko. So be happy. Na dem go even find you. Price range (700 - 800) but with high demand I can't say.

Note again: They language spoken would generally be Hausa but you will cope fine.

××××××××××××××××××××××

CAMP:

Camp is fun. But Note: there is a tradition in PAIKO CAMP. and it is Right from your entry into the gate intimidation begins. You will be forced to carry ur bags on your head and run around like a refugee ,no matter the size or contents. I felt sorry for those with mighty echolac boxes. They were just crying like children. But for us with little small shuttle or laptops bags we easily did it.

Note: Pls and pls there's no need carry all your property from home. Except you have plans not to travel back home after the tree weeks orientation.

This warning is especially meant for girls. Make sure you carry only wat you will need.

NOTE: throughout ur stay in camp you will only be wearing white on white except on Sundays and its only for about 6hrs. morning till 2pm. So DONT waste ur time carrying all the designers cloths in the world. You no go fit use them. So my advice if you must carry then just know you have only 3 times to wear them.

But some pple maybe be planning to skip travelling home after Camp.. For those pple I say you can carry all u need but pls Abeg make sure you do training for house in the act of carrying ur bag on the head and running with it. Becos you will surely be asked to do that. Its fun sha.

The rest is registration. You will surely know what to do just follow ur fellow corpers and ask question. Do everything everybody is doing just like school days.

REASONS TO SERVE IN NIGER:

They are a million and one reasons.

1. State pays monthly allowance. 6k per month. Yes
not so big but better than more than 20 different states.

2. Peace

3. Respect. You will be valued. Like me and my fellow
corpers used to say. " Anything wei you talk correct!"

4. Cheap life style especially in places outside the
capital

5. Easy to get PPA

6. You will surely meet brothers and sisters from ur
homeland who are currently serving there. So need to
be scared.

7. Good for learning and experience. You will discover
that The north is not hausa as most of us think. Niger
state is dominated by NUPE and Gwari tribe. Who
equally divided between the two religions moslem and
xtian. DONT forget in the just concluded elections a xtian candidate david umaru defeated the incumbent state gov, adamu muazu who is a moslem, in the senatorial elections in a moslem dominated area. Coincidentally thats also the zone where is served. So I can confirm dat. The pple have respect for religion. I served in rural area Gurara local govt. But I can assure u. Every church and denominations is found dere. From catholic to white garment, redeemed, deeper life. Etc.

8. Minna the capital is just like any urban area in
nigeria. Anything you want you get. I mean in terms of
flexing.

9. Personally i didn't serve in minna. I served in one of
the other local govts. At first i was sad. But later when
i got reports from other corpers who got posted to
minna and the difficulties faced in terms of transport
cost, accomodation, feeding, even getting PPAs to accept u.

I praised God for my luck.

8. Made lot of friends from East, west, north and south.

Am sure 3 weeks in camp will enlighten you more.

Samuel
BATCH C 2013/2014

Further enquries u can reach me on Bbm on: 7C09F564

1 Like

Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by nastyd(m): 1:03pm On May 03, 2015
More Disheartening update... sad( sad( sad

Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by jick4life(m): 1:49pm On May 03, 2015
2nex:
..is it cmpulsry 2bookd b4 monday? Au abt bookn dat same day by getn dr very early b4 5 30am
in nigeria,this is possible
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 03, 2015
Shey I can still come early tmao to book n travel that same tmao without being told that the tickets are all sold out cos mehn ajah is quite far from oyingo axis of the benue links coupled with the fuel crisis.
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Samtobh(m): 5:03pm On May 03, 2015
hmmm....all these posts embarassedhmmm....all these posts My BAE is coming to Wannune Camp make una no disturb my gentle girl oooo #TotheHardGuys smiling here
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by nastyd(m): 5:41pm On May 03, 2015
Samtobh:
hmmm....all these posts embarassedhmmm....all these posts
My BAE is coming to Wannune Camp
make una no disturb my gentle girl oooo
#TotheHardGuys
smiling here

Put up her pic here...so dey'll stay clear

hehehehehe....

i will personally c 2 it dat she's OK
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Idboyostic(m): 6:20pm On May 03, 2015
nastyd:
More Disheartening update...
sad( sad( sad
Baba not as bad as it was when ur friend camped.... They now have new structures with Windows but at the same time you are not going to camp to see 5star hotel na. Less I forget, Benue Camp is dusty and like I said the best hostel you can get as a guy is c2.

Though there was cases of guys sleeping on the floor due to them arriving late but it was later taken care of..... Then they have to turn the bed store to hostel and more bunks where gotten from the police college beside the camp..... The bed store was known as VIP hostel and they converted a place for the girls also but all in all we were told that the situation was not like that for stream one corpers i.e those that was originally posted to benue but it wasn't so for we stream 2 due to the fact that we had Ebola Corpers that came to camp with us then
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by breezii88: 8:17am On May 04, 2015
prissyluv:
Someone pls help me on how to get to benue camp from Onitsha or Enugu. Pls.
add me on whatsapp 07081654374,am going from Enugu
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by prissyluv(f): 12:46pm On May 04, 2015
breezii88:
add me on whatsapp 07081654374,am going from Enugu
ok.Will the bus take u straight to camp?
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by breezii88: 12:54pm On May 04, 2015
prissyluv:

yes I heard there is benue link going to camp straight from the park
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by robsony22(m): 4:00pm On May 04, 2015
pls i nid directn 4rm ibadan 2 benue
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by breezii88: 5:56pm On May 04, 2015
prissyluv:
I havent heard from you yet
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Ebao2(m): 3:21am On May 05, 2015
Benue here I come. I thank God for d journey mercy.
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by omisakint: 6:46am On May 05, 2015
pls how can i get to benue from ile ife osunstate?
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by bamac(m): 9:14am On May 05, 2015
I can assure u ppl that d camp is very ok. If u can gt there early u wl gt very good bunk in a very good hostel. Life after camp b d problem. If u can runs it to markurdi, otukpo, otukpa, gboko, katsina ala pls do it... If u r posted to okpokwu local govt, na somthing else there and some other local govt. I am in okpokwu local govt so i kno wat am sayin... Though you will blend afterall but if u can riuns it u had better do.... http://bamisepeters..com
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Karmatyra(f): 6:42pm On May 05, 2015
well.....I am from benue and have been posted to benue....will be in camp tomorrow sha, due to the nature of my job....I don't know but it feels like I am just strolling to my backyard....its home! I just know I can help some people find accommodation after camp I.e if you have been posted to the same local government were I am going to be....katsina-ala. 08137072823.
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 1:06am On May 06, 2015
Hello House,
Quick question: how far is benue from lagos?... i`ve a family that left lagos since 8am (cross country bus from Yaba) and as at 1:00am right now, they still havent gotten to the camp, she says it seems the driver has never taken that route before, and there is no one to ask, as its dark already.
its 17hours already,and they havent gotten to the camp, this is scary, please update
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Rishard(m): 9:09am On May 06, 2015
nobleirc:
Hello House,
Quick question: how far is benue from lagos?... i`ve a family that left lagos since 8am (cross country bus from Yaba) and as at 1:00am right now, they still havent gotten to the camp, she says it seems the driver has never taken that route before, and there is no one to ask, as its dark already.
its 17hours already,and they havent gotten to the camp, this is scary, please update

The journey normally takes 11-12 hours from Lagos. Have you heard from them up till now?
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by bamac(m): 12:02pm On May 06, 2015
See the pix of a corper's lodge in okpokwu local government in Benue state where some of you will be posted here... http://bamisepeters..nl/2015/05/pictureyou-won-believe-nigeria-corpers.html?m=1
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by bamac(m): 12:04pm On May 06, 2015
Rishard:

The journey normally takes 11-12 hours from Lagos. Have you heard from them up till now?

Wen i went (last batch) it took us up to 15hrs...pls lets kno if u hear frm dem, dey r safe by God's grace

1 Like

Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 06, 2015
Thank You all.. They finally got there, and then had to sleep outside, till 9am when they were addressed...

1 Like

Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by Rishard(m): 12:39pm On May 06, 2015
Wow praise God. Glad for a good report.
Re: Benue State A'15 Let's Meet Here by ernesterioo(f): 5:12pm On May 06, 2015
Fucking hating benue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Here Are Advantages And Disadvantages Of NYSC (my Opinion) / NYSC Secures N200m Bank Facility For Disbursement To Corps Members As Loans – DG / Corper Aderogba Timothy Ayooluwa Invents TimseVac, Solar-Powered Vaccine Cooler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.