Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,848 members, 7,802,710 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here (15990 Views)

Meet The Most Handsome Corper In Abia State! (trending) / River State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here / Niger State Batch A 2015 Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by jargonzboi(m): 10:04am On Apr 30, 2015
sodiqyinka:
Congratulations on your deployment to Abia State. Camp was fun. Would advice that you go early so as to stay in one of the Ochendos (hostel). The soldiers were nice as well as the staffs. The camp commandant (Major Kabiru) was a nice guy as well. Go with enough cash or better still, your ATM card cos you will need a lot of cash if you don't want to eat the yeye kitchen food. Any IT person that doesn't want to redeploy and wants a good PPA should join the ICT committee when they are asking for volunteers. You will be paid #2500 a day or 2 after swearing in BUT your first allowance (#19800) might not be paid until the day you are leaving camp (actually collected mine the day i was leaving camp). Camp Abia was fun...you will enjoy it.
Are you still in Abia state or you have redeployed to another state?
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by barbstee(m): 10:04am On Apr 30, 2015
Welcoming you all to the God's own state in case u nid any assistance u can contact MCAN Abia on 08035610264.wishn u all safe journey.
Thanks
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by babatopthope: 10:35am On Apr 30, 2015
i am not a copper but i know the place very well because the company i worked with in 2007 constructed the orientation camp,when you get to umuahia, pick a bike to ohafia park, from the park tell them you ae going to igbere imunato in bende,the driver will just drop you at orientation camp is beside the road going to aberiba... good luck
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by seunlaww(m): 10:53am On Apr 30, 2015
see lemme be sincere with yhu, dont mind all d sweet talk u dey hear, dts what dey told us too last november..Kindly come with ur medical report for redeployment, ds state is f**king dry unless ure d lucky type...everything is expensive, d students are animals with zero brain, not challenging at all.....if ure even posted to village, surely boredom Is ur friend...90% will be posted to school,as for d state alawee dey paid us 2 of 5 but I think private and Ministry Pay regullary....but dont worry u gonna enjoy d Camp...
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by leptomorph(m): 11:38am On Apr 30, 2015
ℓ̊ 'm from ondo town.pls how can ℓ̊ board cab to Abia..ℓ̊ nid U̶̲̥̅̊я̩̥̊ help pls.
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by Ademisweet: 12:15pm On Apr 30, 2015
Hello ous,plz am also posted to Abia
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by MizRayo: 1:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
Hi,av been posted to Abia state,plz is there anybdy goin frm Lagos?
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by Alphabets(m): 1:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
Hello Otondos,

I welcome you all in advance to Abia State, I am Abiodun, graduate of Accounting, Lautech, Ogbomoso.

I've been in Arochukwu LG serving since last November. I am finding it necessary sharing my personal experience while returning to my PPA January this year so can safe yourself at no cost.

THIS IS HOW IT HAPPENED
On Sunday, 4th January, 2015 on my way from Umuahia to Arochukwu (my NYSC PPA), myself and six others corps members were attacked by a gang of sophisticated armed robbers who hijacked our bus and took us to an unknown place of like 10 minutes drive away from the main road. On getting there, we were all told to submit everything on us, we were with them for eight hours from about 9:20PM till about 5:20AM the following morning and in the process, I lost my laptop, phones, cash and other valuables all running to the tune of N200,000. It was such a terrible experience but I thank God that despite the shootings, the assaults and the beatings, none of us was injured and none was killed. This happened because the vehicle that was bringing us from Ibadan wasted our time a lot and we ended up being on the road till late in the night and also because we did not know how dangerous travelling in the night is in this part of the country.

MY ADVISE:
PLEASE WHEREVER YOU ARE COMING FROM, PLS LEAVE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE AND WHEREVER YOU FIND YOURSELF WHEN IT IS SEVEN IN THE NIGHT, I WILL ADVISE YOU LOCATE THE NEAREST NCCF OR MCAN LODGE TO RELAX TILL FOLLOWING MORNING. NOBODY WILL PENALISE YOU FOR REPORTING LATE TO CAMP. IT IS BETTER TO BE LATE THAN BEING THE LATE. THE FUNNIEST THING IS THAT NYSC HAS NOT TAKEN ANY STEP WHATSOEVER TO COMPENSATE ANY OF US OR INDEMNIFY OUR LOSES EVER SINCE. BE WISE PLEASE.

I WISH YOU ALL SAVE JOURNEY AND GREAT SERVICE YEAR AHEAD.

Yours sincerely.[/color][color=#006600]
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by freeDR(m): 3:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
Alphabets:
Hello Otondos,

I welcome you all in advance to Abia State, I am Abiodun, graduate of Accounting, Lautech, Ogbomoso.

I've been in Arochukwu LG serving since last November. I am finding it necessary sharing my personal experience while returning to my PPA January this year so can safe yourself at no cost.

THIS IS HOW IT HAPPENED
On Sunday, 4th January, 2015 on my way from Umuahia to Arochukwu (my NYSC PPA), myself and six others corps members were attacked by a gang of sophisticated armed robbers who hijacked our bus and took us to an unknown place of like 10 minutes drive away from the main road. On getting there, we were all told to submit everything on us, we were with them for eight hours from about 9:20PM till about 5:20AM the following morning and in the process, I lost my laptop, phones, cash and other valuables all running to the tune of N200,000. It was such a terrible experience but I thank God that despite the shootings, the assaults and the beatings, none of us was injured and none was killed. This happened because the vehicle that was bringing us from Ibadan wasted our time a lot and we ended up being on the road till late in the night and also because we did not know how dangerous travelling in the night is in this part of the country.

MY ADVISE:
PLEASE WHEREVER YOU ARE COMING FROM, PLS LEAVE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE AND WHEREVER YOU FIND YOURSELF WHEN IT IS SEVEN IN THE NIGHT, I WILL ADVISE YOU LOCATE THE NEAREST NCCF OR MCAN LODGE TO RELAX TILL FOLLOWING MORNING. NOBODY WILL PENALISE YOU FOR REPORTING LATE TO CAMP. IT IS BETTER TO BE LATE THAN BEING THE LATE. THE FUNNIEST THING IS THAT NYSC HAS NOT TAKEN ANY STEP WHATSOEVER TO COMPENSATE ANY OF US OR INDEMNIFY OUR LOSES EVER SINCE. BE WISE PLEASE.

I WISH YOU ALL SAVE JOURNEY AND GREAT SERVICE YEAR AHEAD.

Yours sincerely.[/color][color=#006600]
Thanks for sharing your experience with us, bro. No doubts, it's going to be of value to us.
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
sojiboy:

The commandant is changed on every camping and soldiers and other military men are changed on every camping. We had commandant Oghene Tega in our time.. So ur assumed commander whatever is wrong. Moreso I. T committee don't get best posting as u claim, obs does but I neither join I. T nor obs not even any committee but I am proud to tell you I serve in one of the best ppa if not the over all best in Abia state.

Camp police are also given special treatment and better posting, volunteers for kitchen help ear the be of meals, meanwhile I. Didn't even join any.

Use ur head when u get to camp what works for one may not work for u.
Feel free to ask questions.
Its not like i'm alien to all this sir. I only shared my experiences... Its not like i said they will meet Major Kabiru in camp again. Tell the PCMs and not me. You sounded too agressive! Mind you, MOUAU is not the best PPA in Abia. ABSU is better... Umudike is only close to Umuahia and even the Umuahia is dry! I didn't get to experience it but i know people who are experiencing it right about now, Abia State is wack. Cheers!
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 30, 2015
seunlaww:
see lemme be sincere with yhu, dont mind all d sweet talk u dey hear, dts what dey told us too last november..Kindly come with ur medical report for redeployment, ds state is fucking dry unless ure d lucky type...everything is expensive, d students are animals with zero brain, not challenging at all.....if ure even posted to village, surely boredom Is ur friend...90% will be posted to school,as for d state alawee dey paid us 2 of 5 but I think private and Ministry Pay regullary....but dont worry u gonna enjoy d Camp...
Lol... They are talking Abia like its Lagos. Redeployment should be ur best bet please. I did that and i'm not regretting one bit. Cheers y'all.
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by jetsetgo: 4:15pm On Apr 30, 2015
sodiqyinka:
Lol... They are talking Abia like its Lagos. Redeployment should be ur best bet please. I did that and i'm not regretting one bit. Cheers y'all.

Thanks sir, just got my posting!!! Any foreign students posted to the north? cos i got sokoto! can i redeploy to abuja or lagos..... ? I thank you again sir.
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 30, 2015
jetsetgo:

Thanks sir, just got my posting!!! Any foreign students posted to the north? cos i got sokoto! can i redeploy to abuja or lagos..... ? I thank you again sir.
You are welcome brother. Going back to Lagos or Abuja is hard but not impossible. Provided you will press the right button in camp or outside camp, you are good to go. Cheers!
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by lyzee21(f): 5:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
Am Eilzabeth, pls is dere any1 going 4rm ibadan? Hw much is d T-fare of abia 4rm ib?
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by morscino: 6:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
sojiboy:

The state pay 5 thousand naira but not regular, hoping the incoming government will normalize and regurailze it. No Xenophobia here, Abians are lovely people except u found ur self in isialangwa, though no recent record of cannibalism but records show dey do, and I don't play such is revive. Coming from Ekiti, get a bus going to onitsha, from onitsha you will get Umuahia, the last bus stop is Ishi Gate, enter a bus going to Ummuna Bende, tell modem Nysc Camp and u are good to go.
dude why do u hv to lie abt isialangwa?...
isialangwa is a very nice place to serve and they don't eat ppl...its all a big lie...by d way I'm a corp member currently servin in abia state...
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by yokiti: 7:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
bamac:
For the newest Otondos: Important documents/materials to take to NYSC Orientation camp... http://bamisepeters..nl/2015/04/important-documentsmaterials-to-take-to.html?m=1
Please desist from spamming the forum with these posts of yours. If you arent a corp member that needs to be in touch with happenings here, I surely know what to do but its overlooked because of your status as a member 2015 Batch A family.
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by bamac(m): 7:28pm On Apr 30, 2015
yokiti:

Please desist from spamming the forum with these posts of yours. If you arent a corp member that needs to be in touch with happenings here, I surely know what to do but its overlooked because of your status as a member 2015 Batch A family.
lol, am still serving and i wis h to inform the incoming corpers so as not to make mistake made by some ppl during our stay in d Orientation camp
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by dbay01(m): 7:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
lyzee21:
Am Eilzabeth, pls is dere any1 going 4rm ibadan? Hw much is d T-fare of abia 4rm ib?
I have about 3 friends going from ib. U can drop ur number for addition to d whassap group
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by bamac(m): 7:33pm On Apr 30, 2015
yokiti:

lol, i am almost tru wt service, i am just doin it to make sure everyone is aware so dt dey wl nt make mistakes alot made during my set.. I regret any inconveniences my post may v cost... Cheers..
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by seunlaww(m): 7:34pm On Apr 30, 2015
sodiqyinka:
Im stil regreting not redeploying even tho my ppa is in umuahia, only d drunken masters dey enjoy for here, my first 3 month alawee was used for securing accomodation... all ds ppl want Is to make money from yhu as if we wr bn paid 100k / month, won ya wayrey gaan...u wont undrstand till u get here ... Wish u all d best
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
seunlaww:

Im stil regreting not redeploying even tho my ppa is in umuahia, only d drunken masters dey enjoy for here, my first 3 month alawee was used for securing accomodation... all ds ppl want Is to make money from yhu as if we wr bn paid 100k / month, won ya wayrey gaan...u wont undrstand till u get here ... Wish u all d best
I'm a serving Corp Member bro. And i camped in Abia... Im also advising the incoming Corp Member to go to CampAbia prepared. Cheers
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by bennygreat1(m): 10:17pm On Apr 30, 2015
sodiqyinka:

Greetings Sir!!! Plss am a bit worried abt the state was posted to.. What do you think about Ebonyi state sir Ve heard a lot of scary story.. Got an idea sir

Thanks as I await ur responds!
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by slack: 10:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
freeDR:
Good day everyone. Serving our fatherland is something to be proud of. It is a clarion call on us who are also leaders of tomorrow. Making life easy in camp through brotherly interaction is a necessary task. It is on the basis of this that I created a whatsapp group. We already have a number of members. If you want to be a member kindly drop your number(please, remember to quote me), so I can add you up. Wishing the best of your time in service.
08066005147. Pls add me

1 Like

Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by Nobody: 12:17am On May 01, 2015
abia camp is ok. Am a corper in Abia state. Bayo by name frm kwara
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by dbay01(m): 10:08am On May 01, 2015
Please house, would the camp be opened to peeps that arrive on Monday night?
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by Akerry(m): 11:28am On May 01, 2015
barbstee:

if u'r comn from ekiti u may nt be able to get umuahia straight u av to first board a bus going to onitsa at d garrage in Ado Ekiti(along ikere road) then from onitsha u'll board a bus going to umuahia.from Umuahia u can board a bus going to igbere cnt wait to see u here.Proudly EKSUITE currently serving in abia isuikwuato local government
wow!
another corper in d land of d Generals
where is ur ppa?
I am serving in isuikwuato too
Eluama precisely

congrat to all d new abia otondos

u will surely love the camp situated on d hills of Ummuna bende
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by Akerry(m): 11:46am On May 01, 2015
dbay01:
Please house, would the camp be opened to peeps that arrive on Monday night?
yes bro. during my time , I arrived camp Monday evening. it will save u from stress and u will have a good accommodation in d best hall(ochendo hostel)
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by dbay01(m): 11:51am On May 01, 2015
Akerry:
yes bro. during my time , I arrived camp Monday evening. it will save u from stress and u will have a good accommodation in d best hall(ochendo hostel)
Thank you Bro!
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by lyzee21(f): 2:28pm On May 01, 2015
dbay01:

I have about 3 friends going from ib. U can drop ur number for addition to d whassap group
my nos is 08101298848. Tanks
Re: Abia State Batch A 2015! Lets Me Meet Here by masterfabian(m): 2:50pm On May 01, 2015
Whoever that's managing the Watsapp room, add me; 08059325727. Abia loading...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NYSC: Increase In Allowance Depends On New Minimum Wage – DG, Kazaure / 62 Fake Corpers Arrested In Nasarawa State / 40 Outgoing Corps Members Face Sanction In FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.