Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,520 members, 7,801,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Was Posted To Niger. - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Was Posted To Niger. (20862 Views)

See The State Of A Corper's Lodge A Friend Was Posted To / Corp Members Which Of You Was Posted To A Jungle Like Me / Embarrasing: See What A Corper Posted On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Posted To Niger. by kilmix: 6:38am On Apr 30, 2015
sleekyonyx:
Morning dear, I was posted to Niger state. I feel so sad about it. heard the place is very hot. I'm planning to redeploy after camp. Any info on how i can go about it. Wish it was stream 2 sef. the thoughts of travelling down der alone scares me

Either you go with a medical report, or you just fill the redeployment form in camp.

But you might not be deployed to you state of choice.

Yes the place is hot, very hot.

But if I'll be frank with you, am enjoying the place cuz an saving money. Lot of money ...above 10k a month, mind you am feeding fine.

Wats ur course of study? Cuz it matters here.
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by Simonagbons(m): 6:38am On Apr 30, 2015
sparkleRed:

grin abeg those in lag holla so we might board d bus 2geda, it's 7 hr journey oo, I no wan die of boredom
The day of your departure You go see them plenty For park with you
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by toluxa1(m): 6:38am On Apr 30, 2015
I'll be coming to camp whenever I am chanced with the NCCF team. We will come and usher you guys in.

Lest I forget, please try to get like to cards of any antibiotics you are used to and vitamin c. Twice in camp now, there has been an outbreak of cold, cough and catarrh and it always spreads so fast. This happens at about the second week. It was raining when we were in camp so that might had been a factor but you can't be too prepared, can u. Have a splendid day ahead.
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by sleekyonyx(f): 6:42am On Apr 30, 2015
kilmix:

Either you go with a medical report, or you just fill the redeployment form in camp.

But you might not be deployed to you state of choice.

Yes the place is hot, very hot.

But if I'll be frank with you, am enjoying the place cuz an saving money. Lot of money ...above 10k a month, mind you am feeding fine.

Wats ur course of study? Cuz it matters here.
Medical Physiology
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by kilmix: 6:43am On Apr 30, 2015
For lawyers posted to Niger, I'll strongly advice you stay back (esp. those already called to bar). Apart from Lagos and Abuja, Niger is the best place to start practice as a Corps Lawyer.
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by kilmix: 6:46am On Apr 30, 2015
sleekyonyx:
Medical Physiology

Well you want my advice, I'll suggest you stay back cuz mostly likely you'll be posted to minna 90%. But if u wanna redeploy, try the 2 options I earlier mentioned... it works.
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by sparkleRed(f): 7:00am On Apr 30, 2015
kilmix:

I can only think of 2 reasons.
1. The place is a secondary school so I guess the students destroyed the sockets (you know in Naija we don't repair)

2. Pple pay camp officials to get space to run commercial charging, so it will be unfair if same camp officials provide sockets in the hostels.

Wickedness
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by sparkleRed(f): 7:04am On Apr 30, 2015
Simonagbons:

The day of your departure
You go see them plenty
For park with you

Na 31st I dey go..since e sure say na night I go reach, so I won't be stressed registering
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by kilmix: 7:22am On Apr 30, 2015
sparkleRed:

Wickedness

Naija for u.
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by tulambi: 7:34am On Apr 30, 2015
kilmix:

Things are very cheap here (food stuffs).

I bet you'll save a lot of cash here. The people are nice to corpers in fact they love corpers. At times you get some stuffs free or cheap when you put on corpers uniform.

There are lots.of things that'll make you wanna stay back... if only you ask, I'll gist you more.
. Bro pls can I be in touch wit u cos I was posted to niger.dis is my no 08101043809. Bbm pin 3342c3c3
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by tulambi: 7:45am On Apr 30, 2015
derespect:

Drop urs while I add u. Thanks boss
bro dis is my no 08101043809. And my bbm pin is 3342c3c3
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by tulambi: 7:45am On Apr 30, 2015
derespect:

Drop urs while I add u. Thanks boss
bro dis is my no 08101043809. And my bbm pin is 3342c3c3 expectin ur reply
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by abdussalam(m): 7:48am On Apr 30, 2015
Travelling Options for those travelling From Lagos to Paiko, Niger State for the NYSC Orientation Programme

Everyone that had obtained their Call Up Letter and was posted to Niger State knows that the NYSC Permanent Orientation Camp is located at Abubakar Dada Secondary School, Paiko Minna-Abuja Road, Niger State. There are basically three mediums: by road, rail or by air. Niger State is equally accessible by water but not directly from Lagos. I'm aware buses to Minna and/or environs from Lagos are available at Iddo, Oyingbo, Jibowu, Ojota, Agege and Berger depending on where you wish to take off. The cost by road is around between N3000 and N6000 depending on how you plan your journey.
1. Go to Oyingbo to get a bus directly to Minna. I'll suggest you board the Niger State Transport Authority (NSTA). Any other one operator available would do too. They will take you to Minna. You have to book earlier and get there on time because the buses leave around 6am. On getting to Minna, just take a Chief Servant bus (N50) or a cab (N150) to Paiko. The camp is along the road before getting to Paiko town.

2. You can link up via Abuja. Just alight at Zuba. From Zuba Park, you'll get a Minna cab there (N700-800). Don't forget to inform the driver you're going to Paiko. After alighting, cross to the other side of the road. You can either trek to the camp or take a bike there (N30). Paiko is located before you get to Minna.

3. You can go through Ilorin if peradventure you can't get a direct bus to Niger State. From Lagos, take a bus to Ilorin. At Ilorin, locate a Bida/Minna bound bus depending on the one you see. From Bida, take a bus to Minna. From Minna to Paiko follows thereafter as stated in 1.

4. Consider Booking a flight to Minna. In 1hr 30mins, you'll have landed. It costs N25,500 with Overland Airways (the only airline on the route). They fly only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from MMA 1 at 3:30pm each day. Upon arrival at the airport, exit and jump on a cab to Paiko. Make sure you're not charged above N200 to camp gate.

5. Fly to Abuja. Air tariff varies between N14,500 and N28,500 in the Comfort (Economy) Class. Walk out of the airport and take a cab to Jabi/Zuba Park (N150). Take another to Minna and tell the driver you're are heading for the NYSC Camp, Paiko. It's along the road before you arrive at Minna. Cab to Minna costs N500-700 depending on your take off point. In sum, you should have arrived at the Paiko camp 3hours after leaving Lagos.

6. If you can't still get a direct vehicle going to Minna, try the Lagos to Kaduna route. When you get to Kaduna, locate MANDO Motor Park and board a bus to either Minna or Paiko.

7. Locate buses going through Tagina. When you get to Tagina, alight from the bus & you'll can find Minna cars there. This is the shortest route to Niger from Lagos.

8. Board a train on Wednesday or Friday at the Iddo Railway Station. Trains plying the Lagos-Kano route could be your best bet if you don't want to go through the hassle of body pains as a result of the nature of the bad (federal) roads that lead to Niger State. A First Class ticket to Minna costs N3000 while second class is N1950. You'll arrive Minna about 24hrs after. From the rail station, take a walk to Mobil and get a vehicle heading to Paiko.

Additional Information
> The distance between Lagos and Paiko is about 640km. It takes an 8 to 12 hour journey by road to arrive there from Lagos, depending on various factors (weather, road condition, traffic, etc).

> The city is super hot here. I've become blacker than before. grin

> As of now, Niger is one of the most peaceful states in Nigeria. Therefore, it wouldn't be tenable to redeploy on the basis on insecurity. smiley

> Allawee in Niger State currently stands at N6000. Securing a good paying PPA could add to your income as well.

> If you like internet connection like me, I'm happy to inform you that Airtel and Glo are dead fast here. smiley

> Power supply isn't a luxury for inhabitants of the capital though a lot of inner towns and villages enjoy between 8-24hours daily.

> There is a lot of fish and yam to eat there. Come with your pestle and mortal. grin

> Niger State hosts a lot of historical and monumental sites such as Gurara Falls, Zuma Rock, Shiroro Dam, Kainji National Park, Kainji Dam and Zungeru (former seat of colonial government) amongst others.

I wish you safe journey down here.
PS: If there's any clarification you want made, call me on 08182129259.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Was Posted To Niger. by immortalvoices(m): 8:06am On Apr 30, 2015
kilmix:

I bet you'll save a lot of cash here. The people are nice to corpers in fact they love corpers. At times you get some stuffs free or cheap when you put on corpers uniform.

There are lots.of things that'll make you wanna stay back... if only you ask, I'll gist you more.

I am interested in the above quote lolz

Good morning

My name is ...kenneth
Deployed to niger state
Stream 1

Hello everyone
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by kilmix: 8:14am On Apr 30, 2015
tulambi:
. Bro pls can I be in touch wit u cos I was posted to niger.dis is my no 08101043809. Bbm pin 3342c3c3

Just send me pm, I'll respond ASAP.
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by kilmix: 8:15am On Apr 30, 2015
immortalvoices:

Good morning

My name is ...kenneth
Deployed to niger state
Stream 1

Hello everyone

Good morning and welcome to Niger state... the power (powerless) state.
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by KingTom(m): 8:17am On Apr 30, 2015
immortalvoices:

Good morning
My name is ...kenneth Deployed to niger state Stream 1
Hello everyone
Baba so na Niger things finally grin
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by immortalvoices(m): 8:18am On Apr 30, 2015
toluxa1:

Coping? I'm used to it. I have been here for over 25years wink Had my Nursery, Primary, Secondary and tertiary edu here.

What network is most preferable there

I'm comingg to Paiko camp or so

Pls fill me in on some fact about there

Good morning
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by Estellar: 8:23am On Apr 30, 2015
kilmix:

No, thanks. Not staying there
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by toluxa1(m): 8:24am On Apr 30, 2015
immortalvoices:

What network is most preferable there

I'm comingg to Paiko camp or so

Pls fill me in on some fact about there

Good morning

When we were in camp last August almost all networks were quite bad. I didn't wanna believe network was deliberately jammed because from inside the camp, you'll see at least 3 network mast inside Paiko town just a few Kilometers away. Once you enter Paiko town all networks are full service but in camp they were all bad. I think MTN was slightly OK. Glo was terrible, airtel too manageable, don't know of eti
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by petra22(f): 8:27am On Apr 30, 2015
toluxa1:

Coping? I'm used to it. I have been here for over 25years wink Had my Nursery, Primary, Secondary and tertiary edu here.
oh whaow
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by dafuturis(m): 8:32am On Apr 30, 2015
What's the chances of a suleja or minna PPA for a Biochemistry major.
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by dynamicbuzz(f): 8:34am On Apr 30, 2015
Simonagbons:

Yes stream 2
You?
Yes, same.
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by kilmix: 8:35am On Apr 30, 2015
Tips on how to survive in Paiko camp.

1. Don't rush to camp, there's no preferencial treatment.
2. Don't forget any of your documents (esp call up letter and statement of result) and plz mk lots of copies.
3. Bring some mufti along.. you'll need them kn Sundays.
4. Go with provisions for those that like food like me.
5. Please and please don't go with metallic objects(pressing iron, nail cutters, clippers, spoons, plates, cups etc). Bid them goodbye if you do.
6. Waist bag is a no no.
7. Get extra white shirts, shorts and shoes.
8. Do not go with any hard drug.
9. Put a mark on any of your property.
10. Go with a food flask(plastic) and plate, cup (plastic).
11. Power bank ( for the addicted pingers/browsers).
12. Lotta cash.

You can add more if you camped in paiko.
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by immortalvoices(m): 8:43am On Apr 30, 2015
KingTom:
Baba so na Niger things finally grin
Lolz abeg nor tell la....ni...cky
Make she thinks say I go lost ooo
Baba good morning upon my first class na niger dey put me
Well challenge accepted sha!

Ps...see as my mama dey cry loolestgrin
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by immortalvoices(m): 8:48am On Apr 30, 2015
toluxa1:

When we were in camp last August almost all networks were quite bad. I didn't wanna believe network was deliberately jammed because from inside the camp, you'll see at least 3 network mast inside Paiko town just a few Kilometers away. Once you enter Paiko town all networks are full service but in camp they were all bad. I think MTN was slightly OK. Glo was terrible, airtel too manageable, don't know of eti

Seriously even as tears are welling up in my eyes...I won't cry joor
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by KingTom(m): 8:51am On Apr 30, 2015
immortalvoices:

Lolz abeg nor tell la....ni...cky

Make she thinks say I go lost ooo

Baba good morning upon my first class na niger dey put me

Well challenge accepted sha!

Ps...see as my mama dey cry loolestgrin
Chai, but Niger is not bad, my guys wey serve there can testify. It's a nice place wink

1 Like

Re: Was Posted To Niger. by kilmix: 8:55am On Apr 30, 2015
Tricks on how to survive in Paiko camp.
1. Be friendly at all time.
2. Befriend any of those people in mammy market( free phone charging and other freebies) .
3. The food from the kitchen is bullcrap and smaller than holy communion... eat well in mammy cuz u might faint. Lotta cases like that. No jokes.
4. Do not be rude to any camp official ( man o war-annoying peeps, army, NYSC staffs) or anyone in mufti.
5. Join any of the voluntary groups to skip the rigorous parade.
6. To get posted to minna or other urban areas, volunteer to help in any committee, there are lots of them.
7. Participate in camp activities esp sports and get posted to minna.
8. Be invisible, that is, do not be found wanting, the camp officials can be so wicked.

Niger camp is more like a military camp than NYSC. less fun, more parade... BE READY!!!

1 Like

Re: Was Posted To Niger. by immortalvoices(m): 9:06am On Apr 30, 2015
KingTom:
Chai, but Niger is not bad, my guys wey serve there can testify. It's a nice place wink

I hope so...this one wey I hear say the sun was born in niger state
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by KingTom(m): 9:09am On Apr 30, 2015
immortalvoices:

I hope so...this one wey I hear say the sun was born in niger state
Yes o cool
Re: Was Posted To Niger. by immortalvoices(m): 9:12am On Apr 30, 2015
kilmix:
Tricks on how to survive in Paiko camp.
1. Be friendly at all time.
2. Befriend any of those people in mammy market( free phone charging and other freebies) .
3. The food from the kitchen is bullcrap and smaller than holy communion... eat well in mammy cuz u might faint. Lotta cases like that. No jokes.
4. Do not be rude to any camp official ( man o war-annoying peeps, army, NYSC staffs) or anyone in mufti.
5. Join any of the voluntary groups to skip the rigorous parade.
6. To get posted to minna or other urban areas, volunteer to help in any committee, there are lots of them.
7. Participate in camp activities esp sports and get posted to minna.
8. Be invisible, that is, do not be found wanting, the camp officials can be so wicked.

Niger camp is more like a military camp than NYSC. less fun, more parade... BE READY!!!

Lolz not for the weak hearted...challenge accepted

Thanks boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

NYSC Introduces Monthly Biometric Clearance To Check Ghost Members / Corpers' Protest At Government House In Bayelsa Over Non Payment Of Allowance / Nairalander Renovates Community Toilet Abandoned For 20 Years While Serving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.