Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,002 members, 7,806,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> (7974 Views)

Osun State Batch A15. Let's Me Here. / PLATEAU BATCH A15 Let's Meet Here / Prospective Batch A15 Akwa Ibom Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by vananulus(m): 1:22am On May 01, 2015
pls add on WhatsApp 07037117218..........I am ANU from Futa
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by Tharapearl: 10:43am On May 01, 2015
I'm Omotara Vaughan,graduated from university of ibadan,i'm also posted to Anambra.
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by write2obi(m): 10:45am On May 01, 2015
Come o! Na only boys this people post come Obodo omambala cry

And please add me to that what's app group grin I'm only here to help
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by Meeky(m): 3:57pm On May 01, 2015
yokiti:
Dr Meeky, the military corper, here is another opportunity to mingle with your beloved daughters of God, please, our brothers too should not be left out in how the national service is in the Light of the nation; Anambra, Adigo nma.
oga i hail oh.i await dem.welcome to umunya camp in oyi lga.God bless you all and wish you journey mercies from ya various destinations to the camp.one love

1 Like

Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by Meeky(m): 5:18pm On May 01, 2015
dania30:
De ja vu! Just like yesterday I had this same feeling. Was so anxious about what I'd see in Anambra grin I'm Dania, a batch C corper. I graduated from aau, ekpoma.
Tuesday and hopefully tomorrow we will continue with the cleaning of the camp. Boring job aswear.lol. Most corpers that are close to the camp it is mandatory for them.
What can I say? Just come prepared to the land of red sand! Come and have fun and make friends. Wish y'all the best and hoping to see some of u. U could check the previous threads for more info.
dania how far na.
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by dania30(f): 5:24pm On May 01, 2015
Meeky:
dania how far na.
Doc I'm good! Hw ur end?
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 01, 2015
Same here.anambra
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by austinelucio777(m): 10:51am On May 02, 2015
Austine 4rm OOU -Biochemistry
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by ACESON: 3:17pm On May 02, 2015
dania30:

Doc I'm good! Hw ur end?
hey dania...ny detailed tips on d reg @ camp dat we shld know off? ...d lil things cause d biggest stress..

1. stuf lik is thr a specific background color for d passports we shld come along with (iv heard some camps only take red)
2. does green card date (whr u sign n write date on d green card slip) have to be d date u arrive at camp or js ny random date from d day u printed it online.

by the way if ur in lagos,a transportation company located at yaba called Cross Country offers transportation directly to d camp gate..it costs 5000 to umunya ...js left d place..wld go book 2mao.
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by write2obi(m): 3:25pm On May 02, 2015
ACESON:

hey dania...ny detailed tips on d reg @ camp dat we shld know off? ...d lil things cause d biggest stress..

1. stuf lik is thr a specific background color for d passports we shld come along with (iv heard some camps only take red)
2. does green card date (whr u sign n write date on d green card slip) have to be d date u arrive at camp or js ny random date from d day u printed it online.

by the way if ur in lagos,a transportation company located at yaba called Cross Country offers transportation directly to d camp gate..it costs 5000 to umunya ...js left d place..wld go book 2mao.
That's expensive 3k5 should get you to onitsha and 200 will take you to umunya.
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by dania30(f): 5:01pm On May 02, 2015
ACESON:

Nothing really. Any background for the passports.
And airtel network is the best in camp also. About the green card, we didn't have any in last batch so wudnt know, sorry.
The biggest stress is the reg process. But I'd advise to take ur time with the process.lol. Didnt start parade till Thursday. I hid all my stuff pretended I was still doing the reg.
It's all fun tho! Eventually u will get tired and can't wait to be done. I hope I answered ur questions?
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by ACESON: 6:22pm On May 02, 2015
dania30:

Nothing really. Any background for the passports.
And airtel network is the best in camp also. About the green card, we didn't have any in last batch so wudnt know, sorry.
The biggest stress is the reg process. But I'd advise to take ur time with the process.lol. Didnt start parade till Thursday. I hid all my stuff pretended I was still doing the reg.
It's all fun tho! Eventually u will get tired and can't wait to be done. I hope I answered ur questions?

yh..uv done great.
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by ACESON: 6:27pm On May 02, 2015
write2obi:

That's expensive 3k5 should get you to onitsha and 200 will take you to umunya.

very true....infact Peace mass transit at Ojuelegba costs 3100 to Onitsha....i had d same argument till i thought abouy d comfort of gettin dropped directly at d gate and d prospects of meeting up with fellow "Otondos" who r also resident in lagos evn before gettin to camp...d extra cash is for d comfort n fun(hopefully) and networking during the trip...

still not worth it?...well 5k really isnt that much...
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by write2obi(m): 7:36pm On May 02, 2015
ACESON:

very true....infact Peace mass transit at Ojuelegba costs 3100 to Onitsha....i had d same argument till i thought abouy d comfort of gettin dropped directly at d gate and d prospects of meeting up with fellow "Otondos" who r also resident in lagos evn before gettin to camp...d extra cash is for d comfort n fun(hopefully) and networking during the trip...

still not worth it?...well 5k really isnt that much...
didn't really tot about that. Guess its worth it.
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by seuner: 8:48pm On May 02, 2015
Otondos! welcome to Anambra state ' The light of the
nation'. I shall be giving you important details for a
conducive stay at anambra.
Transportation: From south west, edo , delta; board a
bus going to enugu ( the reason for this is to avoid
undue stresses of moving along the onitsha busy street
with your excessive luggages, also, it will aid ease and
speed of getting to d camp since umunya is along
onitsha-awka-enugu road), alight at umunya corpers
camp. then board a bike to d camp.
For those who deem it fit to pass through onitsha, or
those coming from other parts of d country, after the
bus has dropped u at onitsha, get a bike that will take u
to where u can get bus to Awka (upper iweka). (pls be
security conscious, since u are new to anambra, even
though onitsha people are so friendly and hospitable,
some elements still exist there). board awka bus and
alight at umunya camp(150 naira); then board a bike to
d camp (50 naira or so).
ABOUT UMUNYA CAMP: The camp is located at Oyi local
govt, it has a serene and green environment, with lawn
looking parade ground. it consist of many well built
and painted hostels like the independence ( up
indepence hostel), oyi, national, white, equity etc. with
bad toilets and bathrooms ( so expect, shot puts and
longthrow, although not advisable but i do am well
well).
On arrival : I would advise u to arrive to camp early, so
as to get a better accomodation, also to avoid long and
stressful queueing during registration after a tedious
journey and to get a fitted or a fairly fitted kits- many
will get extra large). on arrival, u will be searched by
some friendly officers, then you proceed for
accomodation registration, after getting your hostel,
locate a suitable territory for your bed location, keep
your luggages on it ( remove cash, atm, phones and
other valuable items). then speedily go and get your
bed at the store on the other side after the parade
ground. after collecting your bed, take it to ur hostel
and proceed for call up letter clarification and other
registration in phases
Camp Officials: Umunya camp has the most friendly but
disciplined army ( all hail the commandoes, you guys
will meet d young fluent action commando, comedian
RSM, atama clapping r.i.p. platoon 10 commandant).
The state coordinator, who is popularly known for her
charming dresses and her anthem ( anyama
supepe....anyama, anyama supepe). The camp
coordinator might be mr. uranta, a tall skinny man, whose
popular slogan ussually make the crowd burst into
laughter ( good morning this morning, something
happened yesterday, camp court!), the Obs man,our
devotional cordinator ( remember to learn On christ the
solid rock hymn) thats d devotional anthem.
my advice: dont insult any camp officials no matter how
small or menial they look, they might turn to be your
lga inspector or zonal inspector after camp; for
example, my own lga inspector was in the kitchen in
camp.
Groups in camp: There are various groups i would
advice you to join.
1. OBS- orientation braoadcasting service oversees the
passage of information/announcement, entertainment,
public address system, sport commentary during
matches, event organizer, news broadcasting and public
relations.although its for everyone, but to avoid
eviction i advise that if you are an entertainer,
communicator, engineer ( majorly electrical), musician,
comedian, studio technicals, commentators, you can
join this group.
2. Camp Band: these are those that engage in military
parade entertainment, devotional praises with drums,
trumpet, saxophone, biggle. they also engage in
blowing the biggle ( its like trumpet) for light out and
conveyance to d parade ground. ( everybody knows the
biggle man and trust me, na nysc pikin be d biggle
man). if you can sing, energetic enough to stand for a
long while, could play instruments ( wind and
percussion instrument), you can join this group. there
is a great reward for joining.
3. Camp court: if you a legal personnel, this is d group
you must join. they oversee the legal activities of the
camp. they issue punitive measures to undisciplined
corp member based on the nysc bye laws ( abeg make
una no face camp court oo, even jail dey camp ooo).
lawyers, dont let corp members know u are in camp
court ooo...(joking)
4. Medical expertees and red cross: this consist of
medicine and surgery graduates, nursing and science
laboratory technologist. you must always be in the
camp clinic for emergencies and treatment of ailing
corp member. your own parade ground is the clinic.
5.Other groups include social committee, sport
committee, SAED committee. joining some of these
committees might not yield a good result. i am a victim
of sport committee, even though it was fun and an
added knowledge.
Platoon Activities: platoon means a 'small group of
soldiers'. The last number on your state code
automatically fixes you in a platoon. e.g state code 1214
will be in platoon 4, code 0320 will be in platoon 10,
code 2381 will be in platoon 1. A platoon officer ( nysc
official), platoon commandant and assistant (2 army), a
man o' war and platoon leader and assistant ( a corp
member)
a. Platoon leader-He/she will carry out the leadership
responsibility in the platoon as designated by superior
platoo officers listed above. Guy! please rush in for this
position; though stressful a bit, but its an hot cake if
you are effective. most especially when u win trophies
for your platoon.
b. Platoons challenge- Several competitions will hold at
the camp, which include, sport (football, volleyball),
drama, macho man,dance (mostly cultural dance of
your posting state), beauty paegent, comedy, talks,
parade and some other social activities. Your
engagement in these activities and yielding remarkable
result for your platoon might lead to a favourable PPA
posting. Its really fun guys.
Camp Supplies: You will be provided with a bed space
( first come first serve) and a mat-looking bed (na joke
ooo!), a meal ticket ( trust some of the 'Jagunlabis' who
ate more than 2 plates with one card). You will be given
a complete kits in which many of u might not get a
fitted size. ( try and exchange with others who needs
yours and you need theirs OR beg the officer in
charge). Also, there is a consistent and uninterrupted
water and electricity supply (no charging points in d
hostels).
Camp Market: popularly called 'maamy' . many market
sellers are waiting for you to patronize them,ranging
from food sellers ( state local meal, indomie, fried
foods like akara), tailors, phone charging spots,
consumables, plates, socks and underwears, dry
cleaners, viewing centers e.t.c. things are very
expensive in camp. Also try and visit the federal market
(nccf).
Religious activities: you are at immunity to practise
your religion as far as it does not interrupt with camp
rules.
My Advise: many lives might be ruined in camp and
many lives will be equipped, its an avenue for you to
draw closer to God. Activities will almost take you away
from your spiritual devotions but Nigeria christian
corpers fellowship and muslim corpers fellowship are
there for you.
both fellowships will withdraw cash for you ( u might
run out of cash, charge your phones and couselling. all
for free!)
NCCF impact your life through their daily worship and
word filled service and engages in spiritual counselling
and welfarism. The MCF makes sure u engage in your
daily 5 times prayed uninterrupted.

Feel free to ask question about any pressing matter. 21 days in a confined territory
away from the real world is once in a life time. two
things are involved, its either you are equipped or
destroyed. I am trusting God for your lives that after 21
days, you will come out smiling and not soberly, with a
testimony and not with regrets. Have a fulfilled stay.

2 Likes

Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by meteorxtra(m): 10:36pm On May 02, 2015
David graduated from LAUTECH posted to anambra
Kindly give me heads up how to move from asaba to the camp
I heard its the closest airport..
thanks
add me to the whatsapp group 08036983768

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by Newshealthwatch(m): 12:33am On May 03, 2015
My fellow prospective corp members! M batch C currently serving @ China Foundation Int'l School, Iyiowa Odekpe, Ogbaru LGA, Anambra State. Don't allow ursef to b posted to dis school, cos u ll work like machine 4 just #6000(while odas pay 7 to 9K for corpers). U ll teach a subject from JS1 to SS3, d don't employ permanent staff, d only depend solely on corpers posted to dia school.! Huh..! How I wish I was not posted to dis school @ d first place, wit dis wahala m facing now. Don't make dat mistake, reject or u ll com n suffer as I m enduring now.
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by ACESON: 9:38am On May 03, 2015
dason4life:
Congrats to you all!

Am currently serving in Anambra state and will also be in the orientation camp (as the M. D. of Music & Band CDS) to train the new members. Anambra just got a new State Coordinator (Mrs Rubica) such a darling & caring lady, coupled with the love been extended to Corp Members by the ever working state governor (Willie Obiano). I bet you will enjoy your service year.

Pls be smart, when you get to Onitsha, the drivers will make you pay through your nose, some pple were made to pay as high as #1500 - #2000.
Onitsha to Umunya is less than #200 also bike from the junction to the camp is #100 (Otondo price). Pls don't travel by night else . . .

Feel free to call me for questions & assistance on
Oluwaseun (Batch B)

pls whats d state cordinator's full name
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by ayusconcord(m): 4:10pm On May 03, 2015
Add 08060225993

I'll help you with so much info, especially if you're finally posted to ekwulobia

dont beg for free ride as some ppl are putting it here
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by amax92(m): 9:30pm On May 08, 2015
I get jungle boot shoe size 8, looking for shoe size 9... who wan make such exchange abeg
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by Trypa(f): 8:54am On May 10, 2015
My state is a good one u will love it.

Please house am here to ask you guys for a favour please
VOTE TRYPA AS NEXT MISS NAIRALAND www.nairaland.com/trypa
Please am counting on you guys. Thanks
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by beyoncausme: 11:57am On May 10, 2015
welcome to anambra....

Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by LordBuchi(m): 12:49pm On May 10, 2015
write2obi:
Come o! Na only boys this people post come Obodo omambala cry

And please add me to that what's app group grin I'm only here to help

Dude, it's Anambra...not Omambala
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by write2obi(m): 12:52pm On May 10, 2015
LordBuchi:

Dude, it's Anambra...not Omambala
Why do you comment on thing you know nothing about ? Read up on Anambra history and stop making a fool of your self on a public forum
O Ginwa by dude undecided oburo mu tongue
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by Dexema(m): 7:32am On May 22, 2015
dania30:
De ja vu! Just like yesterday I had this same feeling. Was so anxious about what I'd see in Anambra grin I'm Dania, a batch C corper. I graduated from aau, ekpoma.
Tuesday and hopefully tomorrow we will continue with the cleaning of the camp. Boring job aswear.lol. Most corpers that are close to the camp it is mandatory for them.
What can I say? Just come prepared to the land of red sand! Come and have fun and make friends. Wish y'all the best and hoping to see some of u. U could check the previous threads for more info.
Guess ur serving in awka zone,used 2 hate cleaning camp too bak den liftin bunks and all dat,fond memories anyway. umunya camp has to be renovated not sO conducive.
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by dania30(f): 8:01am On May 23, 2015
Dexema:

Guess ur serving in awka zone,used 2 hate cleaning camp too bak den liftin bunks and all dat,fond memories anyway. umunya camp has to be renovated not sO conducive.
Nay! Oyi zone... that place still looks like the dump u knew. No new stuff added
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by Dexema(m): 10:10am On May 23, 2015
dania30:

Nay! Oyi zone... that place still looks like the dump u knew. No new stuff added
And u hear dem year in year out saying they are moving to their permanent site,(I always. Laff wen I hear it) cos only God knows if the place exists sef.enjoy urself oyi zone is still far better than my PPA.
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by dania30(f): 12:54pm On May 23, 2015
Dexema:

And u hear dem year in year out saying they are moving to their permanent site,(I always. Laff wen I hear it) cos only God knows if the place exists sef.enjoy urself oyi zone is still far better than my PPA.
They are confused. Some signs in d camp reads 'permanent' others temporary. I wonder too, even if it's just one man building, it ought to have gone far tongue. What zone? Ur ppa
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by Dexema(m): 11:10pm On May 23, 2015
dania30:

They are confused. Some signs in d camp reads 'permanent' others temporary. I wonder too, even if it's just one man building, it ought to have gone far tongue. What zone? Ur ppa
I'm sure its d wrst place in awka zone,dunukofia LG Nawgu,saw light just twice during the whole service year,can u beatt that? cheesy
Re: ANAMBRA State Batch A15!! Let's Meet Here --> by dania30(f): 6:32am On May 24, 2015
Dexema:

I'm sure its d wrst place in awka zone,dunukofia LG Nawgu,saw light just twice during the whole service year,can u beatt that? cheesy
Lol. I have frnds at St. Mary grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2016 Batch A KADUNA CM, Lets Meet Here / NYSC Adjust Batch A 2013 Mobilization See The New Time Table Here . / Nysc Batch B 2012 Imo State Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.