Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,215 members, 7,780,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:38 PM

Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs (48569 Views)

Diamond Bank Sacks 400 Workers (document Photos) / Fidelity Bank Sacks Over 500 Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by Tex42(m): 11:30pm On Apr 29, 2015
Bankers =Labourers on site. Hired and fired at any time.
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by presh247(m): 11:48pm On Apr 29, 2015
Imagine that fate of the families that depended so much on those 1000 people. God help us.
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by afanide: 12:00am On Apr 30, 2015
That is why i always encourage people not to Trust/Depend on their Jobs.

How much were they earning as Bankers. 70-80k

Invest in Importation Business and have rest of mind.

Are you in Port-Harcourt?do you want to learn/Start Importation Business as back-up/Support to to your Job?

Click on the 2015 Business Opportunity below....

Nathaniel
Port-Harcourt.
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by ossy4rill: 12:01am On Apr 30, 2015
I have finish reading your comments, after May29 more will be sacked. i just hope people say still dis stup*d Buhari self or then they will begin to notice that it is not the job of the Fed govt to create jobs and many more defensive analysis because Buhari is from a MAJORITY ETHNIC GROUP
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by RaptorX: 1:32am On Apr 30, 2015
And the population of the country is expected to double in the next 30 years to about 400million. OK keep breeding like rats with no self discipline.
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by saintneo(m): 1:56am On Apr 30, 2015
I just believe that we need Soludo back in our Economic Planning. Soludo has 'something' that in stills confidence in the system unlike Sanusi that made everyone go defensive.
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by Adesiji77: 6:02am On Apr 30, 2015
Godmother:

Was just discussing this with a friend too. If he took a loan and bout a car he will just sell the car to keep afloat

It's 50-50.

If he had bought a new car (which most banks encourage), it would have been registered in the name of the bank. He would not be able to sell without recourse to the bank. As a matter of fact, the bank's loan recovery unit would to initiate the repossession of the vehicle.

The scenario you painted above may apply if he had obtained a personal loan to buy a "tokunbo" of his choice.
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by blaqoracle: 6:18am On Apr 30, 2015
guardian09:

Source:http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/04/14/mass-sack-at-diamond-bank/
they should as well change the name of the bank to "FIREWOOD BANK"
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by AdaEkube(f): 6:45am On Apr 30, 2015
guardian09:

Source:http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/04/14/mass-sack-at-diamond-bank/

Dis pmnewsnigeria or wateva can lie eh....nawa ooo.
Diamond bank sacked some of their workers,yes dats true but not for dis reasons n not dis number.
Every 1st of April,they screen their staffs,those that r fraudulent,dishonest,d "never do well" in their branches get sacked.
And this year about 400 were sacked.
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by Godmother(f): 6:52am On Apr 30, 2015
Adesiji77:

It's 50-50.

If he had bought a new car (which most banks encourage), it would have been registered in the name of the bank. He would not be able to sell without recourse to the bank. As a matter of fact, the bank's loan recovery unit would to initiate the repossession of the vehicle.

The scenario you painted above may apply if he had obtained a personal loan to buy a "tokunbo" of his choice.

Then the guy is in some serious shi.t then. Just hope he has some hidden investment somewhere
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by CeceNene(f): 6:54am On Apr 30, 2015
mercylicious:

Hahahah
And I was thinking banks don't sack their debtors.
I just hope he invested d loan he took and didn't use it to buy leisure car.

I wish he invested would have been good, he got 2 fairly used cars that still gives him problem even as I type plus his rent is due in two months. He started applying for jobs already. I have never been a fan of bank job no way!
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by Filmewell(f): 6:54am On Apr 30, 2015
kindnyce:
WHAT A PITY,I HOPE THEY GET A BETTER OFFER

CANT WAIT 4 GMB TO TAKE OVER AND SANITISE ALL SECTORS
really ? after reading the article, is this what your intelligent head is telling you. oh i give up.
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by persius555(m): 7:00am On Apr 30, 2015
One sector of the nigerian economy that defies economic priciples and annoys me is the real estate sector.Globally, its values are falling and leaving massive glut. But, here in nigeria, this sector defies economic laws.People build houses for higher rent but dont get value for money but still go ahead to increase rent even with low demand.As for the banks, they should get involved in the real and manufacturing sectors. Most of the banks invest heavily in ventures that are only profitable on a short span. The economy would continue to suffer if they dont change their investment attitude.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by Adesiji77: 7:35am On Apr 30, 2015
AdaEkube:

Diamond bank sacked some of their workers,yes dats true but not for dis reasons n not dis number.
Every 1st of April,they screen their staffs,those that r fraudulent,dishonest,d "never do well" in their branches get sacked.

I knew the figure can never be up to 1000 that the newspaper reported.

For those who were asked to go other than fraud, I pray that this incident launch them into more fruitful ventures.
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by AdaEkube(f): 8:42am On Apr 30, 2015
Adesiji77:

For those who were asked to go other than fraud, I pray that this incident launch them into more fruitful ventures.
Amen oooo.
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by onatisi(m): 8:51am On Apr 30, 2015
Adesiji77:

they have no choice . They just have to face the harsh fact and realities and buckle up. I believe a lot in skills enhancement because anywhere u get to worldwide ,u will get a job easily and even start on ur own . But many ppl like white collar jobs and etc ,I don't blame them though.
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by Isoni(m): 10:49am On Apr 30, 2015
Please stop defrauding vulnerable Nigerians on here, if you could actually import as you claimed, you will be in the rank of Dangote et. al. My candid advise to you is to concentrate in setting up your family members, relatives and close friends, after this you will need no advertisement whatsoever. you and i know that you will not disclose this to any other person it it was actually genuine. You and your collaborators keep flooding my email with all sort of fraudulent messages. We are all agitating for change in Nigeria but you and your cohorts are busy trying to defraud Nigerians and increase their sorrows. Have you ever seen any successful businessman asking people to come learn his business tricks/secrets for free. Please get a else the rot of God will descend on you. I work for a clearing/forwarding company here in Nigeria and i know what is involved in bringing in commodities into Nigeria. most times the freight charges alone is 3x higher than the cost of the item but you lot will claim that things can be imported into Nigeria for free. Be warned and quit misleading and defrauding Nigerians. It is imperative for Nigerians to note that nothing is entirely free, it either involves either a trick or a hidden obligation.

afanide:
That is why i always encourage people not to Trust/Depend on their Jobs.

How much were they earning as Bankers. 70-80k

Invest in Importation Business and have rest of mind.

Are you in Port-Harcourt?do you want to learn/Start Importation Business as back-up/Support to to your Job?

Click on the 2015 Business Opportunity below....

Nathaniel
Port-Harcourt.

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by Tinkinguy(m): 11:06am On Apr 30, 2015
Everywhere you turn to its sacking this or that.

working in Nigeria is becoming very difficult
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by egobetatoday: 11:40am On Apr 30, 2015
RealAlfranco:
"Can't wait for GMB to do dis...can't wait for GMB to do dat" haba,shebi GMB is Harry Potter dat will jst come in and transform e'rythng with magic abi?? This man hasn't been sworn in yet,bt da magic u guys want him to perform is overwhelming... GMB is a human being,he can't and will not do everything. Una go jst make stroke catch da man

na u sabi oo.
he is our president , you dont wànt us to call on him again?

Na Gej we go dey call?
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by egobetatoday: 11:43am On Apr 30, 2015
bid4rich:
If you know anyone of them that is M.Sc holder, they should forward their CV to me

Are u serious?
i will send one if u are.
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by bid4rich(m): 1:28pm On Apr 30, 2015
egobetatoday:

Are u serious?
i will send one if u are.

Earnestly waiting for it
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by jaytee01(m): 1:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
hardbody:
Haaa. Wait let me quickly go and beg my MD that the promotion i dey para for no make sense. Make we remain as we dey for now.

And one mumu will be writing about 7 professions that will make ladies rush to marry you, one of which is banking. I just laughed. I sacked that industry years ago and later sacked telecoms. I am rolling non banking financial services and loving my decision.
cheesy
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by jaytee01(m): 1:59pm On Apr 30, 2015
AdaEkube:

Are you a staff of the bank?
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by afanide: 3:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
Isoni:
Please stop defrauding vulnerable Nigerians on here, if you could actually import as you claimed, you will be in the rank of Dangote et. al. My candid advise to you is to concentrate in setting up your family members, relatives and close friends, after this you will need no advertisement whatsoever. you and i know that you will not disclose this to any other person it it was actually genuine. You and your collaborators keep flooding my email with all sort of fraudulent messages. We are all agitating for change in Nigeria but you and your cohorts are busy trying to defraud Nigerians and increase their sorrows. Have you ever seen any successful businessman asking people to come learn his business tricks/secrets for free. Please get a else the rot of God will descend on you. I work for a clearing/forwarding company here in Nigeria and i know what is involved in bringing in commodities into Nigeria. most times the freight charges alone is 3x higher than the cost of the item but you lot will claim that things can be imported into Nigeria for free. Be warned and quit misleading and defrauding Nigerians. It is imperative for Nigerians to note that nothing is entirely free, it either involves either a trick or a hidden obligation.

Listeen to your self: 'Have you ever seen any successful Business man asking pple to come learn his business trick/secretes for free'

Now Listeen to Me:
(1)You are no Clearing and Fowarding Agent as you Claim. You are a 'common' man trying to advertise urself so as to defraud Importers.

(2)WHOEVER wants to Start this Business 'MUST' Pay for the Training that was y i stated that if you are in Port-Harcourt, we could meet One-On-One for Proper/Personal Training.

If you had the time to check the link i provided, you shud have known am not giving out the information for free.

(3)So many pple here on Nairaland have benefited from my Mentorship. Am not New on NL. If i were what u claim, Nairalanders wud have justified dat. No one has ever paid either for my Materials or Personal Training, and i didnt Deliver.

(4) I stated it clearly that we could Meet 'One-On-One' for the training so u wont be scared of being scamed.

(5)If truely u re into Clearin/Fowardin as u claim, u shud have known dat dere are lots of logistic Companies in Nigeria dat charges $5.5 (#1,000) per kg, and #380naira for Clearing of Goods (eg) Nonikings, Fafalux, Nisibor Procurement solutions, Happy Time Express, etc.

So Now, btw u and i WHO IS THE SCAMMER? Which Clearing/Fowarding Organization do u work for?
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by akanbiaa(m): 3:19pm On May 01, 2015
adconline:

Another airhead talking? Why do we have to lose them before Chinese/Indian/Arabian companies can come? Idiocy is a permanent resident in some people's brain!
thanks for the insults but I will not come down to your level, but to answer your question, we might have to loose them because of their exploitative tendencies (except they also CHANGE for good)and others will spring up because of competition and with a new Buhari Government it will not be business as usual, and with good competition the common man will benefit the most, and try to ensure you have a bright future or protect it if you have any by not insulting people before you make your points read, a sentence is enough for any person with the slightest iota of wisdom. Once again thanks
Re: Diamond Bank Sacks over 1000 Staffs by Agromillions: 11:46pm On Jul 20, 2016
so therefore. In this era of "Change" and Economic Recession, where Banks and corporate organizations are continuosly downsizing while MORE graduates are still graduating in hope that they secure a well-paid job.
If you are still searching to be employed, you are at big risk, its a 20% chance!
Also, if you are proud and satisfied by your current salary, you are a big joker (apologies for the statement) because the over 3000 Banks staff laid off did not get replacement.

But I will advise that you seek to be SELF EMPLOYED and PART-TIME employed by others so the coming recession predicted will not meet you in shock- Oh, I had known...

If you listen to the News, Fed Govt is in full support of AGRICULTURE afterall, we all started from their and na their we go end up when Petrol don diminish value finish. *Gbam!*

You can still end this year better than you started.
Join millions of MODERN AGRIC INVESTORS in the NIGERIA 1-MILLION AGRO-MILLIONAIRES Workshop 1.0 and learn how to use less than N50,000 to earn about N600k to N1million within 3months WITHOUT HOE or CUTLASS.

DON'T JUST PRAY, FAST, HOPE, BEG OR WISH TILL THE END OF THE YEAR, DO SOMETHING!!!

To see evidences for yourself, click the link below:
www.agromillions.com

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking news : ICAN releases the result of 2016 May Diet Exam / Unpopular Tech Jobs That Pay More Than The Popular Ones / Female Graduate Who Sells Fruit In Benue (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.