Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price (37881 Views)

What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? / Origin And History Of Anambra Towns / Ex-military Governor Of Anambra Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Aigbehis(m): 11:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
RickRichards:
No! We're not reducing any bride price. You must be a man, a real man, to marry our precious daughters. Go and work or go and die a wretched lonely man! Arrant nonsense!!!

You have succeeded in speaking like a GOAT.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Emirofsambisa1: 11:45pm On Apr 29, 2015
Yoruba boys on Nairaland #DyingToBeIgbo since the days of Judas Iscariot

Well, it's the beauty of #OneNigeria
Learn each others culture and love one another

5 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 30, 2015
How expensive is marrying an Igbo Lady?
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Onyi42(m): 12:24am On Apr 30, 2015
Eco2580:
How expensive is marrying an Igbo Lady?

go and find out your self
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 30, 2015
My Igbo neighbour has 5 girls and he's always saying he's sending them to sch so that he can use their bride price to buy land and build a new house. The price range can be ridiculous at times.... so families even ask for cars and landed properties in choice areas. Marriage shd be a thing of joy, not a money making avenue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by islandmoon: 12:40am On Apr 30, 2015
they are many in Port Harcourt doing ashewo business, am serious, honestly.. why should i marry them when i can pay 1k and hmmm?
Ashewo no be work ooooooo....
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 30, 2015
B69U:
That is just a rubbish talk, any man wanting to get married should be financially stable. The yorubas will not erode igbo culture and values under the pretence of one Nigeria.

I bet if we carry out some investigation u will find that no such comments were made.

Why must a yoruba owned news paper be the one to report the heavily tribalist story line? Note Yoruba men getting happy over nothing on the front page. Why are igbo men not complaining or commenting on the front page about their marriage rite?

Soon they will ask the Bride parents to foot the bill of the marriage as it is yoruba culture. Desperados igbo bride price have been around since forever and is not going anywhere. It is here to stay.

Seun

Seun

Seun

One goat don comot from cage ohhh,

Quickly come gather your moderator make them come catch this goat carry am go keep back from he cage ohh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by cally3D(m): 1:28am On Apr 30, 2015
Op Aw did yhu get dis??
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by JayJustus(m): 2:19am On Apr 30, 2015
And maybe that's what makes their guys become drug peddlers in Indonesia...when bride price will be like national budget...odikwa risky... quote me and choke on abacha
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Ndipe(m): 2:32am On Apr 30, 2015
about time.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by delishpot: 5:55am On Apr 30, 2015
But, is it that bad? howmuch be Igbo bride price sef?
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Spray(m): 5:57am On Apr 30, 2015
ozoigbondu:
This man should take time angrylf he wants expensive bride price and traditional weddings he should look at lmo.

Our girls are not cheap and we need hardworking quality men to marry and take good care of them.Good things are expensive
una girls no cheap but dem don begin turn burden for una head ooo
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by adbokus(m): 6:38am On Apr 30, 2015
All those posting igbo gals are not cheap, you better think again. By da way, which gals come cheap yoruba, tiv, idoma gals abi wetin..you beta stp deceiving urselves. Na why ur men dey always cari false affluent facade cum mari ur babes&then afta yawa go gas and then beating begins...
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 6:50am On Apr 30, 2015
Pchidexy:

Bros, abeg say what you know. Do you know the marriage custom of every Imo community? Smh. Say what you know nd not what you are told.

Dear, I don't know marriage ish for the whole IMO state, but I'm not lost.

We currently have 2 IMO women in my family right now n I also have a friend who married an IMO girl in 2013. I'm speaking with the experience I got from these ones.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Princecalm(m): 6:56am On Apr 30, 2015
femi4:
fruits like mango?
you mean it will be used as bride price for that of your sisters right?
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by JideTheBlogger(m): 7:02am On Apr 30, 2015
RickRichards:
No! We're not reducing any bride price. You must be a man, a real man, to marry our precious daughters. Go and work or go and die a wretched lonely man! Arrant nonsense!!!

After boys don chop them tire for free or for small change all in d name of dating? Dey there dey deceive urself..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Jman06(m): 7:23am On Apr 30, 2015
I read this thread from the 1st to the last page and my observation is that majority of the posters are yorrobars. My question is why? Why are yorrobars so obsessed with Igbo ladies. Yet they claim that Igbo ladies are all prostitutes

Do yorrobar men have penchants for marrying prostitutes? And why are Igbo guys not obsessed with yorrobar ladies as much as yorrobar guys are for Igbo ladies?

3 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 30, 2015
Bride price in IGBO LAND is not expensive naaa
I used to think it is very EXPENSIVE, until I partook in my BROTHER'S traditional wedding....

We married the LADY from ANAMBRA.. and we didn't spend more than #500 as her DOWRY.

we initially gave the family #70,000 and the FATHER blessed it and took only #500. HE equally gave us a BILLYGOAT to go with it..

I think it depends highly on where you are marrying from.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by MrHighSea: 7:26am On Apr 30, 2015
Realgana:
No loitering
No parking
No hawking
keep moving...
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by jamillion: 7:52am On Apr 30, 2015
No wonder most of em marries at late 30+, some become baby mama eventually and some die single to some extent become desperate for rich dude guyz taken advantage of that...
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by mechanics(m): 8:02am On Apr 30, 2015
Dats a gud news.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Stolen: 8:07am On Apr 30, 2015
This thread is invalid becos only yoruba men are commenting on them.

The igbo men seem fine with the Bride Price arrangement.

For igbos marriage is a very serious affair and not childs play.

Yorubas want to use marriage as pretence to date igbo girls and then later move on. That is the only way for them.

The Bride Price means they cannot divorce their wife and go after another igbo family becos the thing will get expensive.

Igbo guys are not complaining becos they don't have this agenda and intend to marry only one, so no expenses as every body spend on their wedding.

My advice to the yoruba tribe is to stop planning evil for the igbos tribe, u have ur women to marry and divorce as u like be happy and content with that and leave evil.

U are trying to degrade igbos and avoid a cost, that wont happen as it will be costly to u.

Igbo girls only became ashawo wen a select few started accepting marriage proposal from very rich yoruba familyl, before that they were not ashawo.

I can tell u that the real ashawo of Nigeria are yoruba women, they have the highest rate of baby mama and divorce rate in the country.

I know too many yoruba baby mama.

3 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by chemicool: 8:11am On Apr 30, 2015
Princecalm:
Nuturing a female in Igbo land is like an investment because it will surely yield fruits.

Of course, fruit of the womb.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by chemicool: 8:15am On Apr 30, 2015
Stolen:
This thread is invalid becos only yoruba men are commenting on them.

The igbo men seem fine with the Bride Price arrangement.

For igbos marriage is a very serious affair and not childs play.

Yorubas want to use marriage as pretence to date igbo girls and then later move on. That is the only way for them.

The Bride Price means they cannot divorce their wife and go after another igbo family becos the thing will get expensive.

Igbo guys are not complaining becos they don't have this agenda and intend to marry only one, so no expenses as every body spend on their wedding.

My advice to the yoruba tribe is to stop planning evil for the igbos tribe, u have ur women to marry and divorce as u like be happy and content with that and leave evil.

U are trying to degrade igbos and avoid a cost, that wont happen as it will be costly to u.

Igbo girls only became ashawo wen a select few started accepting marriage proposal from very rich yoruba familyl, before that they were not ashawo.

I can tell u that the real ashawo of Nigeria are yoruba women, they have the highest rate of baby mama ad divorce rate in the country.

I know too many yoruba baby mama they are ashawo.

See ya basket mouth. I get Igbo girlfriends when I dey do my NYSC for bayelsa who dey stay for clubs for night. Come Ondo may you come see Igbo girsl wet be ashawo for brothels. Na dem many past.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Princecalm(m): 8:21am On Apr 30, 2015
chemicool:

Of course, fruit of the womb.
hmmm.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 30, 2015
willibounce1:

Sorry e pain you well well. Tell your girls to stop eating too much akpu. How can u marry a woman and both of you will be shaving beards. In fact ur wife will be shaving chest beard and chin. How the yonder go con be.

I say no to beard chest, yam leg Igbo girls with big akpu filled stomachs that won't mke you know if they pregnant or not. You no go fit differentiate belle from waist.

Chai Igbo girls don suffer

From what I have seen , I fink yourba girls are bigger or fatter than Igbo girls.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Wislet(f): 8:33am On Apr 30, 2015
Jman06:
I read this thread from the 1st to the last page and my observation is that majority of the posters are yorrobars. My question is why? Why are yorrobars so obsessed with Igbo ladies. Yet they claim that Igbo ladies are all prostitutes

Do yorrobar men have penchants for marrying prostitutes? And why are Igbo guys not obsessed with yorrobar ladies as much as yorrobar guys are for Igbo ladies?
good question

3 Likes

Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by chemicool: 8:45am On Apr 30, 2015
Jman06:

Did I hear you say Igbo? Nada! Say Igbo.
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Masterclass32: 9:36am On Apr 30, 2015
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by Masterclass32: 9:37am On Apr 30, 2015
If our bride price is high and our girls are ashawos, we love them like that. Big ups!

They must not marry outsiders cool
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by akpanbaba: 9:47am On Apr 30, 2015
Simple-The higher the price the lower the quantity that will be demanded -Ceteris paribus
Re: Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price by enigma2007(m): 9:58am On Apr 30, 2015
B69U:
Go and marry your yoruba women and let your wife parents foot the bill as it is your yoruba culture.

Afterall, una mama parents paid bride price to your father parents.

Anyhow, they are our women and we love them as they are, go and face your own women and stop disgracing yourself, i don dey feel shame for una.

Wrong conception about the Yoruba culture on marriage...Bride's parent do not foot the bills as most people on this forum are saying.

The concept is that in the traditional marriage rites, the family of the bride prepares the drinks/drinks/entertainment etc because the assumption is that the husband & his family members are their guests for that particular day. On the other side, the guys family would bring all the required items contained on the wedding list as stipulated by the woman's family (From personal experience, the some of the items on such list are not cheap though the woman's family can reduce the list as they see fit).

However, the capable guy can decide to foot the bills of hosting the traditional festivities though some parents do gladly deny such requests because its not done in the Yoruba culture for the guests to foot the entertainment bills when they are clearly the visitors.

From what i have seen on this forum, we all need to understand each others culture and appreciate the pros and the cons just like somebody suggested...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oba Rilwan Akiolu Has Allegedly Said That Lagos Is Not Part Of Yoruba Land / Ife Chiefs Announce Ooni’s Death Formally (photo) / The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.