Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,983 members, 7,799,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? (19886 Views)

Iheanacho Becomes Most Expensive Nigerian Player After Man City Accept £24m Bid / Precious Orji Weds Kelechi Moses In Owerri (Photos) / Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by MbaanabaraAgu(m): 3:41pm On Apr 30, 2015
The dude is an attacking midfielder....saw him first at the under 17 world cup where he emerged best player then I concluded he is the next big thing in Nigeria football...Mexico defence was not the same again after he tore them apart in the opening match and in the finals....Manchester City should not convert him to a striker...he should be given space to operate behind the strikers...that's where his strength lies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by edi287: 3:41pm On Apr 30, 2015
samueld0:
I thought this girl is a xEnophobia SouthAfrican please hide your face in shame and don't middle yourselfe in anything concerning Nigeria
Looooool you must be newbie to say that.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by geedeex2(m): 3:44pm On Apr 30, 2015
Striking attacking midfielder scorer

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by abdulkayus(m): 3:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
ooooboyyyyy, see analysis by peeps, kudos to u guys. I can also see a lot of nairalanders on this thread.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by Shadowbean(m): 3:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
Iheanacho should follow the likes of Messi and Muller by playing as a trequartista or false nine striker.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by pendusky(m): 3:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
samueld0:
I thought this girl is a xEnophobia SouthAfrican please hide your face in shame and don't middle yourselfe in anything concerning Nigeria

that's rude!!! Chill Bro
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by jhidey08(m): 3:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
ClassyAdewumi:
Striking Attacking Midfielder
cheesy cheesy eediot. U af mad ahswear grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by FreshNaijaBoy(m): 3:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
jacksparrow1207:
www.google.com

Shoro Niyen!!!

Well...... what else could we Have expected from an empty brained pirate like you? Jack Sparrow indeed!!!!

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by xtervaganza(m): 3:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
samueld0:
she's an ugly wh0re though.

A bloody never do well b1tch
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by partychaser: 3:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
Excuse me OP, but. As far as I can remember he was never used as AM by Manu, he was used as a Right-Winger, that's same thing as Right Forward per say;

Him Being Used as a striker For ManC is just about right 4 me

But I think in time he will eventually develop into a 2nd striker or link man or supporting striker that can play anywhere in the forward position including advanced mid field position , a perfect example of that position is Rooney

He is not a Midfielder naturally, even when he played in those youth competitions he was way too advanced and hardly contributed in tackling & midfield Activities

He is not a born no 10, we can only hope he developes into That But for now I will enjoy his striker position..

By the way he needs to be called in any upcoming SE friendlies from now...

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by AmaechiLinus(m): 3:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
Kelechi Ihenacho is a footballer....Period!
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by rawlinsobas(m): 3:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
I tink we should let the star play he's Normal role, he's gud at distributing ball.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by cochexky: 3:58pm On Apr 30, 2015
MAY THEY NEVER KILL IHEANACHO LIKE THEY KILLED MIKEL IN JESUS NAME. A GOALKEEPER HAS HIS TALENT TO KEEP AND A DEFENDER ALSO HAS HIS TALENT SO AS EVERY PLAYER , NOT THAT THEY CANT PLAY ANY OTHER ROLE BUT THE BIBLE SAYS YOU SHALL GIVE WHAT IS IN YOU. IF STRIKING IS HIS FUTURE HE WILL FIT IN IF IT IS NOT MAY GOD CONVERT HIM TO HIS ROLE SO THAT HE WILL BE VERY USEFUL TO HIS PEOPLE.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by kinibigdeal(m): 3:59pm On Apr 30, 2015
samueld0:

Yeah! I saw her in SA last week grin
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by stevSKY(m): 4:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
Are you a football fan? Do you enjoy the fun of watching your football club play? Why not watch and make money as well!!!! Yes I mean it, its real and very easy. Have a look for yourself through the link below:

http://www.naijabet.com/banner/track/MTA3ODU4fDczMjAwZWI4NWEwYjNhZjE3MjgzOTE4OWFiY2ZhMDg2/4/en_US
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
Giving him a free role is better. He shdnt be caged. He is too gifted 2 be limited.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by Dhelake: 4:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
That young man is an Attacking midfielder, just like Gotze, Man City playing him as a striker is not a problem, if he does well as a striker, nice if he doesn't, he can always return to his AM role.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by Leitner: 4:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

At Manchester City, Aguero drops deep to create for his team mates. If you watch the Man City preseason games, Nacho did that too.

Playing Nacho as a striker will not kill his creative instincts. Look at Wayne Rooney when he leads the attack for Van Gaal.
Aguero drops deep to create for his Man city team-mates?. You are chatting puppycocks!. Aguero rarely drops to midfield like the messi,rooney type to offer any creativity. Aguero is a TARGET man kind of striker; he ever rarely drops deep!.

And Nacho is a silva,Iniesta,Ozil kinda player. He will never make it as a striker. These kind of players have good finish and composure but that does not make them a striker. To be a striker,you must possess either TREMENDOUS pace with explosive power or Physical strength if you don't have the previously mentioned and in some cases, you. Can have both. Nacho is average @best in all of the qualities mentioned.

Saying Nacho can play as a striker is the same as saying a player like Ozil will excel in the CF role. Just like Ozil,Iniesta,Silva,another position I see him being able to play is the Winger role.

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by CaptPlanet(m): 4:17pm On Apr 30, 2015
City's reason for playing him as a striker might just be because he's more prolific than his peers, if u watched their u21 game against chelsea where he scored, u might just notice this. That said, I think his best position is in that 10 pocket. If his abilities are harnessed well, he could become one of the best AM's ever. He has the ability plus the advantage of size and strength which is becoming a factor in football these days.

I will use him as an AM because he'll contribute more there, not just by creating goals, scoring them too being that he has a wicked eye for goals.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by 190theclown: 4:23pm On Apr 30, 2015
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by edi287: 4:30pm On Apr 30, 2015
Didn't watch the under 17 world cup, but from what I've seen he looks to be the skillful, creative type of foward..like a RVP, Aguero, etc. He might be versatile enough to play anywhere in the front 3.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by joxxy01(m): 4:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
One good tin i so much admire about nacho is his never goal-shy instincts. For me This guy is good and very versatile, did u guyz noticed that he also drops deep to help the team in defence at times at the u-17wc?? For me He can play any where even as a Goal keeper, just give nacho the gloves and see wonders.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by 190theclown: 4:33pm On Apr 30, 2015
where the hell is he today sef

the boy wen people don even forget about grin
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by thedio(m): 4:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
iheanacho is a rare gem,one of best among his peers,another african hope of winning baloon d'or. How i wish naija have d standard to groom this boy to what we want just lik brazil did for neymar so that he wil not be underutilized in europe lik his brother mikel obi of chelsea. Personally i se him as a supporting striker number 8 in a 4-4-2 formation or a right winger in 4-4-3 formation that is where we can get the best out of the boy.i dont see him as a typical number 9 but that does no mean he cant play the role. I pitty manu garba cos he is going to av selection problem wit the like of moses simon,isaac success,alhazan ibrahim,benard bulwa,musa yahaya,chidiebere eze,taiwo awoniyi......in his team.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
He's an attacking midfielder. It's not strange for attacking midfielders to score goals.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by kenex4ever(m): 5:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
Epaul:
Iheanacho is way too composed a player in front of goal to be a midfielder. His composure in front of Goal is his strong-suit aside his adroit strikes and that's what legendary strikers like Henry, Eto' even messi had and have that set them apart from others.
Play Nacho in front of Goal and watch him net myriad of goals like waterfall, like messi.

With regards to the U-20 team
I do not feign blind eyes to the hard karnel fact that the competition is bound to be fiercely stiff for him in the U-20 team as he's got awoniyi, isaac success et al to contend with for the number 9 shirt. But given the gifted player he is, he just might run ring over them in the last resort. Manu could in the interim, being the deft coach he is, grant Nacho a free role like Barca usually grant messi since Awoniyi has got such fire in his bones at the moment to be kept on the bench. Isaac success ditto.

There's this fear of trading off his passing and dribbling ability for his proficient goal scoring ability. we shouldn't be fazed about that. Nacho could still prestinely combine all three abilities being a striker. We have seen skillful as well good passing strikers in time gone by who could adroitly find the back of the net. D. Ronaldo of Brasil comes to mind. Messi is another case in point. Nacho could turn out, quite evidently, to be among such rare breed of strikers.

There is also the fear of his role-change bringing about a dearth of drive in the midfield of the U-20 team. i roundly don't think that is any incubus. Giving Nacho a striking role would have no stunting effect on the drive of the U-20 midfield. Yes, he is a very good passer and dribbler. But there are better passers and dribbler in the team -Musa Yahaya, ifeanyi Ifeanyi, nwobodo, bulbwa et al who can saddle that in his absence in the midfield.

It is my personal conjecture Nacho would make a better striker than a midfielder given his prolific scoring abilities and his brilliant composure in front of goal.

This doesn't derogate from the fact that he could still make a very nifty midfielder. But employing the comparative cost advantage principle, he would be better off a striker than a midfielder.
ur analysis is correct but I think d best position for him is attacking mid field or false nine like messi used to play b4. This guy is short and can b easy over shadowed by huge defenders, a top nine must have aerial advantage, datz y u c sanches playing behind giroud. Nacho does not have d physicality of a top nine but will shine bright when played as an attacking mid fielder just as safarigirl said.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by EagleScribes: 5:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

At Manchester City, Aguero drops deep to create for his team mates. If you watch the Man City preseason games, Nacho did that too.

Playing Nacho as a striker will not kill his creative instincts. Look at Wayne Rooney when he leads the attack for Van Gaal.

I have to agree with you on this. As a matter of fact, I see him as an upgrade of Rooney in the future and hope he's fully fit for the WYC.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by kenex4ever(m): 5:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
Epaul:
Iheanacho is way too composed a player in front of goal to be a midfielder. His composure in front of Goal is his strong-suit aside his adroit strikes and that's what legendary strikers like Henry, Eto' even messi had and have that set them apart from others.
Play Nacho in front of Goal and watch him net myriad of goals like waterfall, like messi.

With regards to the U-20 team
I do not feign blind eyes to the hard karnel fact that the competition is bound to be fiercely stiff for him in the U-20 team as he's got awoniyi, isaac success et al to contend with for the number 9 shirt. But given the gifted player he is, he just might run ring over them in the last resort. Manu could in the interim, being the deft coach he is, grant Nacho a free role like Barca usually grant messi since Awoniyi has got such fire in his bones at the moment to be kept on the bench. Isaac success ditto.

There's this fear of trading off his passing and dribbling ability for his proficient goal scoring ability. we shouldn't be fazed about that. Nacho could still prestinely combine all three abilities being a striker. We have seen skillful as well good passing strikers in time gone by who could adroitly find the back of the net. D. Ronaldo of Brasil comes to mind. Messi is another case in point. Nacho could turn out, quite evidently, to be among such rare breed of strikers.

There is also the fear of his role-change bringing about a dearth of drive in the midfield of the U-20 team. i roundly don't think that is any incubus. Giving Nacho a striking role would have no stunting effect on the drive of the U-20 midfield. Yes, he is a very good passer and dribbler. But there are better passers and dribbler in the team -Musa Yahaya, ifeanyi Ifeanyi, nwobodo, bulbwa et al who can saddle that in his absence in the midfield.

It is my personal conjecture Nacho would make a better striker than a midfielder given his prolific scoring abilities and his brilliant composure in front of goal.

This doesn't derogate from the fact that he could still make a very nifty midfielder. But employing the comparative cost advantage principle, he would be better off a striker than a midfielder.
ur analysis is correct but I think d best position for him is attacking mid field or false nine like messi used to play b4. This guy is short and can b easily over shadowed by huge defenders, a top nine must have aerial advantage, datz y u c sanches playing behind giroud. Aguero is an exception but datz y he hardly scores headed goals.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by Pakingzzz(m): 5:13pm On Apr 30, 2015
Fellow NL, here's the first House building machine to be built in Nigeria.
This type of machine is called a 3D house printer. The machine will be capable of building a house from the floor level to the roofing level without the direct involvement of human labour. The pix below is how the 3D house printer looks like. The details are here; www.nairaland.com/2217438/sponsor-me-build-3d-house

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
Or maybe he's an attacking striker undecided grin sad
NACHO FTW!!
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by Krasid(m): 5:27pm On Apr 30, 2015
Leitner:

Aguero drops deep to create for his Man city team-mates?. You are chatting puppycocks!. Aguero rarely drops to midfield like the messi,rooney type to offer any creativity. Aguero is a TARGET man kind of striker; he ever rarely drops deep!.

And Nacho is a silva,Iniesta,Ozil kinda player. He will never make it as a striker. These kind of players have good finish and composure but that does not make them a striker. To be a striker,you must possess either TREMENDOUS pace with explosive power or Physical strength if you don't have the previously mentioned and in some cases, you. Can have both. Nacho is average @best in all of the qualities mentioned.

Saying Nacho can play as a striker is the same as saying a player like Ozil will excel in the CF role. Just like Ozil,Iniesta,Silva,another position I see him being able to play is the Winger role.
True.I don't know much about Aguero dropping deep to create for his teammates like Rooney and Messi.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by vectorvelocy(m): 5:33pm On Apr 30, 2015
manu garbs is not as technically astute as d coaches at city....and you don't even no better so sharap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City more likely to draw Atletico Madrid in UCL / Victor Osimhen's Brace Sends Napoli Top Of Serie A After Big Win At Sampdoria / Photos Of Onazi Ogenyi And Sandra's Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.