Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:07 PM

Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? (19837 Views)

Iheanacho Becomes Most Expensive Nigerian Player After Man City Accept £24m Bid / Precious Orji Weds Kelechi Moses In Owerri (Photos) / Yaya Toure Leaves Kelechi Iheanacho In An Imbroglio Over Man Of The Match Mixup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by kenex4ever(m): 5:36pm On Apr 30, 2015
Leitner:

Aguero drops deep to create for his Man city team-mates?. You are chatting puppycocks!. Aguero rarely drops to midfield like the messi,rooney type to offer any creativity. Aguero is a TARGET man kind of striker; he ever rarely drops deep!.

And Nacho is a silva,Iniesta,Ozil kinda player. He will never make it as a striker. These kind of players have good finish and composure but that does not make them a striker. To be a striker,you must possess either TREMENDOUS pace with explosive power or Physical strength if you don't have the previously mentioned and in some cases, you. Can have both. Nacho is average @best in all of the qualities mentioned.

Saying Nacho can play as a striker is the same as saying a player like Ozil will excel in the CF role. Just like Ozil,Iniesta,Silva,another position I see him being able to play is the Winger role.
on point!
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by phrezzz: 6:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
Think nacho is more or less like a false9 in my own. his passing and eye for goal makes him suited in that roll.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by safarigirl(f): 6:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
kenex4ever:
ur analysis is correct but I think d best position for him is attacking mid field or false nine like messi used to play b4. This guy is short and can b easy over shadowed by huge defenders, a top nine must have aerial advantage, datz y u c sanches playing behind giroud. Nacho does not have d physicality of a top nine but will shine bright when played as an attacking mid fielder just as safarigirl said.
Iheanacho is actually up to 6ft tall, so he's not short by any means
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by phrezzz: 6:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
safarigirl:
bros,shey you know commenting is voluntary?
think nacho should play as a false9. he would be a beast.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:27pm On Apr 30, 2015
Leitner:

Aguero drops deep to create for his Man city team-mates?. You are chatting puppycocks!. Aguero rarely drops to midfield like the messi,rooney type to offer any creativity. Aguero is a TARGET man kind of striker; he ever rarely drops deep!.

And Nacho is a silva,Iniesta,Ozil kinda player. He will never make it as a striker. These kind of players have good finish and composure but that does not make them a striker. To be a striker,you must possess either TREMENDOUS pace with explosive power or Physical strength if you don't have the previously mentioned and in some cases, you. Can have both. Nacho is average @best in all of the qualities mentioned.

Saying Nacho can play as a striker is the same as saying a player like Ozil will excel in the CF role. Just like Ozil,Iniesta,Silva,another position I see him being able to play is the Winger role.
[b]
You are talking off the top of your head and making so many mistakes.

Manchester City coaches have bulked Nacho up. His is now strong physically. He has a blistering pace. So reread your comment and see your mistakes.

###

"If things get congested in the middle of the pitch, I’ll look to go out towards the wings or drop deeper and get on the ball a bit more. Some teams are very open and they let you play a lot more. Against them, things are much easier.”.......Sergio Aguero.

http://performance.fourfourtwo.com/pro-tips/sergio-aguero-shake-off-your-marker

###

Starting with Manchester City, the relationship between Agüero and Negredo has been exceptional to watch. They are both superb at finishing and assisting, which means they can freely interchange roles, making them a nightmare for defenders to play against. One can stay up top and occupy the centre-backs whilst the other drops deep into space to receive the ball and turn.

http://thefalse9.com/2014/02/suarezsturridgeagueronegredo-revival-of-the-striking-partnership.html

###

From the above articles, you can see you are wrong when you say Aguero does not drop deep.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 30, 2015
Can't say. I would know had it been he is an active player.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:35pm On Apr 30, 2015
Leitner:

Aguero drops deep to create for his Man city team-mates?. You are chatting puppycocks!. Aguero rarely drops to midfield like the messi,rooney type to offer any creativity. Aguero is a TARGET man kind of striker; he ever rarely drops deep!..

38'
Action
Aguero drops deep to receive the ball and takes on one or two opposition players before looking to exchange a one-two with Toure. The next pass comes and the Argentine looks to pull the trigger 20 yards out, but an important tackle comes in from James who just nicks the ball away!

Manchester City Vs Leicester City.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-us/match/137649?playbyplay=1
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:44pm On Apr 30, 2015
edi287:
Didn't watch the under 17 world cup, but from what I've seen he looks to be the skillful, creative type of foward..like a RVP, Aguero, etc. He might be versatile enough to play anywhere in the front 3.

Also, RVP and Aguero started as creative midfielders. However they turned out to be fantastic strikers.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
kenex4ever:
ur analysis is correct but I think d best position for him is attacking mid field or false nine like messi used to play b4. This guy is short and can b easy over shadowed by huge defenders, a top nine must have aerial advantage, datz y u c sanches playing behind giroud. Nacho does not have d physicality of a top nine but will shine bright when played as an attacking mid fielder just as safarigirl said.

Aguero, Suarez and Tevez are not tall but they are fantastic strikers.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
kenex4ever:
ur analysis is correct but I think d best position for him is attacking mid field or false nine like messi used to play b4. This guy is short and can b easily over shadowed by huge defenders, a top nine must have aerial advantage, datz y u c sanches playing behind giroud. Aguero is an exception but datz y he hardly scores headed goals.

Suarez, Sturridge, Tevez, Guiseppe Rossi, Saviola, Villa, even Sterling played as a striker in recent games for Liverpool and did well.

When it comes to striking, height is not compulsory. Ask Obafemi Martins.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
safarigirl:
bros,shey you know commenting is voluntary?
O baby, longtime.
Where you Waka go?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by edi287: 8:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Also, RVP and Aguero started as creative midfielders. However they turned out to be fantastic strikers.
Maybe people want him to be a AM because we're lacking in that position in the SE. Lets see where Manu Garba plays him.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by edi287: 9:08pm On Apr 30, 2015
Leitner:

Aguero only began playing as a true "target man" in city. I remember back when he was at atleti people didn't know if he was a number 9 or a 10. He was more of a "9 1/2"(as rvp would say) and that was why he always played with another number 9 (forlan at atleti and dzeko, negredo, tevez at city). If you notice he previously struggled to play as a lone striker when he first moved to city.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by enomakos(m): 10:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
[quote
author=vectorvelocy post=33283180]manu garbs is not as technically
astute as d coaches at city....and you don't even no better so
sharap[/quote]what is this one saying?what have those astute coaches at city won?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by enomakos(m): 10:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
kelechi iheanacho is nigeria version of thomas muller

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by kenex4ever(m): 10:33pm On Apr 30, 2015
safarigirl:
Iheanacho is actually up to 6ft tall, so he's not short by any means
ok, am surprised because he was short when he played under 17. May b he used his real age Datz y he probably grew more.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by zoboizee: 10:38pm On Apr 30, 2015
Another goal and an assist. Mancity u21 vs leicester u21

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by kenex4ever(m): 10:40pm On Apr 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Suarez, Sturridge, Tevez, Guiseppe Rossi, Saviola, Villa, even Sterling played as a striker in recent games for Liverpool and did well.

When it comes to striking, height is not compulsory. Ask Obafemi Martins.
suarez, sturrdge, both have enough height n physicality of a striker tevez, Rossi, both have d strength of a striker.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by EagleScribes: 10:40pm On Apr 30, 2015
kenex4ever:

Iheanacho is short? Like seriously? this is Kelechi Iheanacho we are talking about here, not Pius Ikedia
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by kenex4ever(m): 10:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
EagleScribes:

Iheanacho is short? Like seriously? this is Kelechi Iheanacho we are talking about here, not Pius Ikedia
may b I didn't take note of d height. Safarigirl u may b right
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by kenex4ever(m): 10:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
EagleScribes:

may b I didn't take note of d height. Safarigirl may b right about he being 6ft then
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by chic2pimp(m): 11:01pm On Apr 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

From the above articles, you can see you are wrong when you say Aguero does not drop deep.

First time I am actually hearing Aguero does not drop deep. He does it with alarming regularity sef. I don't which Aguero he has been watching.

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:01pm On Apr 30, 2015
kenex4ever:
suarez, sturrdge, both have enough height n physicality of a striker tevez, Rossi, both have d strength of a striker.

Sturridge is 6' 2", Nacho is 6' 1". The height difference is not much and Nacho has bulked up now. He is strong and fast.

Nacho has the attributes to make a great striker.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by kenex4ever(m): 11:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Sturridge is 6' 2", Nacho is 6' 1". The height difference is not much and Nacho has bulked up now. He is strong and fast.

Nacho has the attributes to make a great striker.
ok, I didn't know he is upto six ft

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:17pm On Apr 30, 2015
[b]Man City 3-2 Leicester U21's | Iheanacho scores again!

Flying Eagles attacking midfielder Kelechi Iheanacho scored his second goal in for Manchester City's U-21 side that defeated Leicester City 3-2 on Thursday to qualify for the inaugural International Premier League Cup.

The 18 year old highly-rated star who replaced Jorge Intima on the right wing at half time slotted home a brilliant pass from Jose Angel Pozzo in the 57th minute to restore his side’s parity.

It was his second goal in four days after scoring the opener in City’s 2-1 loss to Chelsea in the FA Youth Cup.

Harry Panayiotu's brace had handed the visitors the lead before Pozzo’s strike restored parity for City Manu García Alonso grabbed the winner after in the first half of extra time.

Iheanacho was however denied twice by Leicester City's goalkeeper Adam Smith from close range.

City EDS' side defeated Celtic 5-3 on penalties in the quarter-finals with Angus Gunn the hero for Patrick Vieira's team as they were second best for much of the game but against the young foxes it was Iheanacho whose deft touches created problems for Leicester.

Vieira's team will now face Porto in the finals of the competition.

http://.com/news/2705/-man-city-3-2-leicester-u21s-iheanacho-scores-again[/b]
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by playboyAIU(m): 1:22am On May 01, 2015
where the guy dey now? Mam city abi. Abeg make una help me tell that couch to return the guy to midfield. But e get as e be say naija need talent, come c talent still reject the talant beecause he be underage
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by omar22(m): 6:29am On May 01, 2015
Looks lets not get carried away with the position a player plays at the U17 level, Nacho is still growing and he could develop different skills that could make him better off in another postion. Russia's Yuri Nikirov who won the golden boot at the 1987 U17 as a striker but played as a sweeper at the 1994 world cup, Mattias Sammer who was an attacking midfielder for East Germany at the Chile 87 U21 tournament, he won the Ballon'd Or in 96 or 97 as a sweeper. The player is still growing, please let him grow and develop.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by Stamfordking(m): 6:29am On May 01, 2015
With regards to the way he plays, i think he was designed to be an attacking midfielder in the number 10 role. He could marshal the midfield, dish out passes and as well score lovely long-distance goals.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by safarigirl(f): 7:46am On May 01, 2015
kenex4ever:
ok, am surprised because he was short when he played under 17. May b he used his real age Datz y he probably grew more.
he was 5ft11 at the U-17, he grew to about 6ft.2 as at November last year
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by kenex4ever(m): 7:54am On May 01, 2015
safarigirl:
he was 5ft11 at the U-17, he grew to about 6ft.2 as at November last year
impressive! Then he is tall.
The guy has this "old man's look" on his face, so I thought he was at least 24yrs old by dat u17 period. Dis proves dat he may Have used his Real age.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by softnipples(f): 7:58am On May 01, 2015
safarigirl:
you obviously don't know me. When did you join NL sef?

Go and read all my posts and find where i've even remotely been pro-SA.....you just wan talk, notice me

Mtchew, so na just last month you register.....attention-seeking newbies. You haven't stayed long enough to know anyone
Pls don't bully the young man because you think he's a newbie undecided . We didn't bully you when you met us here on nairaland tongue
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho: Striker Or Attacking Midfielder? by safarigirl(f): 8:29am On May 01, 2015
softnipples:

Pls don't bully the young man because you think he's a newbie undecided . We didn't bully you when you met us here on nairaland tongue
I wasn't going about accusing people blatantly when I first joined......especially baseless accusations as if I knew every NLer. Tis not bullying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Serena Williams Set To Retire From Tennis Imminently / Victor Osimhen Is Now Bigger Than JJ Okocha After CAF Awards — Nigerian Journali / Is Ahmed Musa The Most Famous Nigerian Footballer? (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.