Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday (2230 Views)

"My Faith In Islam Is Nearly Gone" - Any Advice For Her? / Iftar On The Streets Of London Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by thesource(m): 12:41pm On Apr 30, 2015
There's a christian sister where i work as a printing apprentice, who we always discuss about various issues ranging from politics to religion. During our chit-chat few days ago, she stopped at a point and said brother; did you go to school at all ( she asked me this because of my modest and hardworking lifestyle) and I said yes and as a matter of fact i'm a graduate. She said are you kidding me, and i said no i'm not that i'm truly a graduate, she said what are you doing here then, and i told her that after a fruitless search for a job for good two years i decided to come and learn this printng work so that i would not just stay at home doing nothing. The next thing she told me was that ; you need Jesus in your life, you need him to deliver you from the curse. To be sincere, it got to a point that i got confused, you know being a muslim, i was like let me give it a try. Just yesterday, i followed her pastor to a CAC church because she had discussed about me with her pastor who stays very close to our shop, when we got to the church, their pastor held my hand and started praying with me. After the prayer, the pastor said: he saw Jesus behind me waiting for me to come to him, he also said he saw me at the Airport, that I should've been abroad if only i had accepted Jesus christ a long time ago, he concluded by saying; my brother you really need Jesus in your life and i told him i'd think about it. I started thinking about it till i got home yesterday, when i got home, i brought out my quran and i said "i'm not going to denounce you because of my joblessness, there's no other God except Almighty Allah". when i woke up this morning, i observed my subhi prayer and i prayed to God to shower his blessings on me. When i got to shop this morning, the sister said what's your decision now brother and i told her i was coming. Pls help me

2 Likes

Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by SweetyZinta(f): 12:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
u R on d right track. Allah said do u think we will not try you after saying i believe? Just take it as a trial frm ur Lord. #myadvice

4 Likes

Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by thesource(m): 1:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
SweetyZinta:
u R on d right track. Allah said do u think we will not try you after saying i believe? Just take it as a trial frm ur Lord. #myadvice
thanks
Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by dejt4u(m): 2:27pm On Apr 30, 2015
Frustration..

That is one of the reason why people denounce their religion..

Be steadfast in your faith.. It is only a test of ur faith.. Sooner or later, you shall be better placed..

My advice though!

3 Likes

Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by kazlaw2000: 5:23pm On Apr 30, 2015
aaw bro. You should not renounce ur deen. You see at some points in life, we are tested by Allaah. Everyone has problems with different levels of severity. Even the Pastor has his own. You see friend, i have been in ur position b4 and i know how vulnerable one can get. But only Allaah can solve problems at the time of his choosing. No one can. Becoming a Christian cant make you rich.
How did she even conclude u are worse off. That printing profession might even be your calling. You never know what good might lie in there. So brother, be patient and focussed. Disregard all distractions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Banjoramos(m): 6:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
Be content with whatever Allah has decreed for you. Fear Allah in your innermost being. Implement His commands. Once your heart complies with the Divine Decree, the Lord of Truth will grant you from sources you never imagined:

{And whosoever is conscious of Allah, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed Allah has sent a measure for all things.} (At-Talaq 65:2-3).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Bowaley17(m): 9:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
Don't denounce ur religion just because of ur joblessness. Allah is truely behind the patience ones. Happy days ahead Bro...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Empiree: 1:42am On May 01, 2015
Op, I think your iman is very low as well. Dont fall victim of those people. Seek Allah's protection. Your accepting their creed does not guarantee you any earthly benefits. And in the afterlife is a great loss. Those people have every trick in the book. If you have enough Iman, you will discard them easily. You wont even attempt going to visit pastor.

Your case is not unique. You are going through a test that may not go away anytime soon. Remember many were tested before you. For God's sake and your own sake, you need to get closer and closer to study Islam. Merely observing daily prayers is not enough. You need to actually know what you doing. Christians have all tricks. Pastor telling you he sees Jesus behind you should tell you he's a liar. Read some of their tricks here https://www.nairaland.com/2189813/beware-christians-evangelism-use-deceptions

Like someone said up there, you are on the right path right now. Dont let them sway you by their sweet talks.

3 Likes

Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Rilwayne001: 6:20am On May 01, 2015
thesource:
There's a christian sister where i work as a printing apprentice, who we always discuss about various issues ranging from politics to religion. During our chit-chat few days ago, she stopped at a point and said brother; did you go to school at all ( she asked me this because of my modest and hardworking lifestyle) and I said yes and as a matter of fact i'm a graduate. She said are you kidding me, and i said no i'm not that i'm truly a graduate, she said what are you doing here then, and i told her that after a fruitless search for a job for good two years i decided to come and learn this printng work so that i would not just stay at home doing nothing. The next thing she told me was that ; you need Jesus in your life, you need him to deliver you from the curse. To be sincere, it got to a point that i got confused, you know being a muslim, i was like let me give it a try. Just yesterday, i followed her pastor to a CAC church because she had discussed about me with her pastor who stays very close to our shop, when we got to the church, their pastor held my hand and started praying with me. After the prayer, the pastor said: he saw Jesus behind me waiting for me to come to him, he also said he saw me at the Airport, that I should've been abroad if only i had accepted Jesus christ a long time ago, he concluded by saying; my brother you really need Jesus in your life and i told him i'd think about it. I started thinking about it till i got home yesterday, when i got home, i brought out my quran and i said "i'm not going to denounce you because of my joblessness, there's no other God except Almighty Allah". when i woke up this morning, i observed my subhi prayer and i prayed to God to shower his blessings on me. When i got to shop this morning, the sister said what's your decision now brother and i told her i was coming. Pls help me

And you believed the bolded

2 Likes

Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by kazlaw2000: 7:30am On May 01, 2015
@empiree, pls send to counsellix@gmail.com . I have password issues with the registered email on nairaland.
Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by mohammad11: 8:06am On May 01, 2015
This is what I have for you brother thesource

Allah the Exalted, says:
“O you who believe! Endure and be more patient...“ (3:200)

“And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirun (the patient).“ (2:155)

“Only those who are patient shall recieve thier reward in full, without reckoing.“ (39:10)

“Seek help in patience and As-Salat (the prayer). Truly, Allah is with As-Sabirun (the patient).“ (2:153)

“And whosoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him.“ (65:3)
Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by shahydbinaliyu(m): 8:10am On May 01, 2015
thesource:

laughing... sorry i laughed bro... To be candid, you fukup.. instantly that she told you that you need Jesus you should have told her that you have had Jesus in you since you a Muslim, that instant you should have let her know who really Jesus is... you see this life is a shit.. all i care about is my grave and hereafter... that's what matters.. and that will make us a patient person in this world... sebi you get job, those who don't have job nko? let's be always grateful with what we have and let's not be greedy...

those Christians feed on the pains on people to convert them... you convert or they don't help... i have seen such instances daadaa.. but it's like person telling me that, if you want me to help you, you will enter hell and lifetime sufferness in grave...

oga mi, ask for God forgiveness... God tested you and you failed .... God only do test HIS own people...

Try to increase your iman...

May Allah help us all.....

3 Likes

Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by SULBELL(m): 8:12am On May 01, 2015
Dear brother the answer u seek lies deep within you. U are told u need Jesus and u believed? Do u know u actually know Jesus (AS) and believe in his golspel more than them. U are told that ur present situation is as a result of the fact that u dont have Jesus, and u dont ask the sister what she is still doing there with her jesus, u dont ask them y you are still better than some xtians even with there jesus. If there analogy is true, then all xtians are supposed to be a millionaire.
Please be steadfast and move closer to Allah.

2 Likes

Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by thesource(m): 9:15am On May 01, 2015
Thanks a whole lot my dear brothers and sisters in Islam, i've been so encouraged by your words, i'll amend my ways and seek forgiveness from Allah and i shall wait for His blessings on me. May Allah bless you all.
Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by udatso: 9:53am On May 01, 2015
Ameeen. And you too

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Empiree: 9:58am On May 01, 2015
kazlaw2000:
@empiree, pls send to . I have password issues with the registered email on nairaland.
ok
Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by usman638(m): 2:44pm On May 01, 2015
I knw hw u fil bro,but u need 2 have sabr,nd always observe salat on tym,may ALLAH help us all
Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Amuj: 9:42am On May 02, 2015
@op thnk abt it logically she dt has Jesus weda a graduate or nt wat is she doing there y didn't ha Jesus gv ha smwher beta
Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Areolad: 10:42am On May 03, 2015
Alhamdulillah brother that you seek for advice. Unemployment is general problem in this country affecting young graduates of all faith, the so-called born again xtians are not left behind: you aren't the only one in this condition. Don't let anyone deceive you because of your present situation, remember no condition is permanent. And the fact that you aren't employed presently does not mean Allah has forsaken you.

This one of the ploys used by the xtians to deceive innocent Muslims. This same lack of employment make a lot of xtians become men-of-God because pastoring is a good business venture.

Come to think of it, does it mean that all unemployed people in Nigeria are Muslims, or that all xtians are gainfully employed? Even there are unemployed PhD holders. Please don't be deceived. Don't loose your faith for a penny

Always remember, the only religion before Allah is Islam every other ones are self-made and can not offer you eternal life.

It's only your Creator, Allah, Who knows what's the best for you and the right time to be rewarded for your patience. This incident is a wake-up call for you to get more closer to your Creator. Allah will not give Iblis the strength to deceive us, AMIN.

Believe in Allah and wait for your time.
REMEMBER YOUR CREATOR KNOWS WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU AND HE HEARS YOUR CRY

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by thesource(m): 6:44pm On May 03, 2015
Areolad:
Alhamdulillah brother that you seek for advice. Unemployment is general problem in this country affecting young graduates of all faith, the so-called born again xtians are not left behind: you aren't the only one in this condition. Don't let anyone deceive you because of your present situation, remember no condition is permanent. And the fact that you aren't employed presently does not mean Allah has forsaken you.

This one of the ploys used by the xtians to deceive innocent Muslims. This same lack of employment make a lot of xtians become men-of-God because pastoring is a good business venture.

Come to think of it, does it mean that all unemployed people in Nigeria are Muslims, or that all xtians are gainfully employed? Even there are unemployed PhD holders. Please don't be deceived. Don't loose your faith for a penny

Always remember, the only religion before Allah is Islam every other ones are self-made and can not offer you eternal life.

It's only your Creator, Allah, Who knows what's the best for you and the right time to be rewarded for your patience. This incident is a wake-up call for you to get more closer to your Creator. Allah will not give Iblis the strength to deceive us, AMIN.

Believe in Allah and wait for your time.
REMEMBER YOUR CREATOR KNOWS WHAT'S BEST FOR YOU AND HE HEARS YOUR CRY
thanks a whole lot, i really really appreciate it. Jazaaka lahu khairan

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by tola9ja: 11:44pm On May 03, 2015
thesource

please save this in your mind (islam is the only way to paradise ) since you and her discuss religion issue you need to invite her to Islam by showing her a lot of biblical evidence why Islam is the only way to salvation

there is a lot of comparative video that if you watch it you will be happy that you are a muslim

if you need the link of the video you can request and i will paste it here

remember [size=18pt]NO ISLAM NO PARADISE [/size]

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by tunde1200(m): 12:33am On May 04, 2015
Nice advised so far to me bro.

your imani is weak be strong almighty will reward you effort.

shahydbinaliyu:

laughing... sorry i laughed bro... To be candid, you fukup.. instantly that she told you that you need Jesus you should have told her that you have had Jesus in you since you a Muslim, that instant you should have let her know who really Jesus is... you see this life is a shit.. all i care about is my grave and hereafter... that's what matters.. and that will make us a patient person in this world... sebi you get job, those who don't have job nko? let's be always grateful with what we have and let's not be greedy...

those Christians feed on the pains on people to convert them... you convert or they don't help... i have seen such instances daadaa.. but it's like person telling me that, if you want me to help you, you will enter hell and lifetime sufferness in grave...

oga mi, ask for God forgiveness... God tested you and you failed .... God only do test HIS own people...

Try to increase your iman...

May Allah help us all.....

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by vedaxcool(m): 8:35am On May 04, 2015
May Allah strengthen your faith, amin. as areolad indicated, make she go help all her unemployed christian brethen instead of deceiving the unssupecting about her phantom job. There is a need for we muslims to really provide an alternative, there are very few jobs out there, it would be better if we could show our youths that there is a lot they can do for themselves. Unemployed youths affects nearly all families in Nigeria, don't let anyone deceive you!

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by AlBaqir(m): 5:23pm On May 04, 2015
thesource:

"Two things define you: your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything" ~Imam 'Ali (as)

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by bashbabe2: 10:58am On May 05, 2015
thesource:
Thanks a whole lot my dear brothers and sisters in Islam, i've been so encouraged by your words, i'll amend my ways and seek forgiveness from Allah and i shall wait for His blessings on me. May Allah bless you all.

I'm happy you came out open to let us know your situation. It's all deceit and this is how they have been able to convert muslims who till today are still in search of that miracle.

This life is a test and Allah test people He loves. Remember even Jesus(AS) faced similar situation and every other prophet was tested.
hold fast to islam,many verse of the Qur’an states with every difficulty comes ease. Allah will not burden a soul with more than it can bear. Be steadfast and ask Allah in dua and supplicate everytime. You can join our whatsapp muslim group, send wizeboy your number if interested . May Allah ease your affairs.
The next time she ask you, say NO that you don't need her or her pastor, that you put your complete trust in Allah.

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by olajide21: 1:58pm On May 05, 2015
Dear brother, you should know that whatever happens to us is a trial from Allah.... If your joblessness as a trial is pushing to denounce Allah, you should know that some people are faced with much more.
They have no job, they masters degree holders and to compound their issues, they have health related issues that requires money and they are still steadfast in their belief.....
All you need do is to continue praying and ask Allah to ease your trial..... Even if you eventually gets the Job of your dreams, it is also a trial.....
Allah as said in the Qur'an that He would not test us with trials that is more than what we can bear......
May Allah show your mercies and reward your patience.
As for the lady, ask her to accept Islam and eternal bliss awaits her......

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by kuss: 11:17am On May 06, 2015
My brother, it's foolishness to be shameful of what is gainful, I was a Muslim like you wandering through the wilderness of life until i met Jesus, Satan knows where your solution is and he will do everything to make sure you don't get there.
It's foolishness to keep doing the same thing and expect different result.
Come to Jesus he will set you free
Forget what anybody would say, it's your life. Read john 10:10
God bless u.
Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by rbjimoh: 5:39pm On May 06, 2015
Subhanallah! Alhamdulillah. Brother, being muslim is no guarantee that you will be reach. "Allah give whomever He wills Provision in abundance and gives little in measure to whomever He wills". Being poor in the world is a test, but being rich is much tougher test yet, for you shall be questioned over the source of your riches and the manner of spending thereof. Sincerely brother, many have being through that difficulty and many more are still in it. It is the dictate of our economic realities. Our recitation of Suratul Fatia in our Solats is a form of oath we make before our Creator that: Only You shall we worship, and it is from You we shall seek help. Salamu alaykum

1 Like

Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by Trustworthiness: 9:20am On May 07, 2015
Salam alaikum my brother in Islam.

Allah has informed us in the Holy Qur’ân that He is going to test us. The test is not limited to anything. He can test us with joblessness, wealth, poverty, children, barrenness, position, physical disabilities etc. They more you move closer to Allah, the more the test from him. But, Allah has promised us that He is not going to test us with what we can not bare. That is, He is not going to place on us any burden beyond our capacity.

Their are a lots of Christians out there without job. Even, she that introduced you to her pastor, if she is not a graduate, why is she not. Did she need another second Jesus in her life or she has not given her life to Jesus.

She sees what may seems to be your problem, which in the real sense is not a problem, but a shallow way most Nigerians think. Not getting a job nor working as a slave in another man's company does not mean you cannot create a job for yourself. This days, people prefer to have acquired some skills before graduating from school. I knew a lot of guys who did not even border to look for nor apply for a job after graduation. They start their own business through the knowledge they have acquired before graduating.

We Nigerians just need to change our orientation about what is called a job. To me, a job is what can earn me money and legal by the law of the country.

So my brother, you do not have any problem. The scarcity of job in the country is not by factor of being a muslim or a christian, but by bad governance and bad economic policies that is being contributed by our own bad way of life that is not in consonant with Allah's commandments.

I will recommend to you some prayers. But you to have to uphold your duty to Allah.

Try as much to recite Suras ul Wakia (Quran 56) daily. Preferably every morning.

Also, the following dual found in Hisnul Muslim.

"اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ عِلْماً نَافِعاً، وَ رِزْقاً طَيِّباً، وَ عَمَلاً مُتَقَبَّلا"

"Allaahumma 'innee 'as'aluka 'ilman naafi'an, wa rizqan tayyiban, wa 'amalan mutaqabbalan."

"O Allah, I ask You for knowledge that is of benefit, a good provision, and deeds that will be accepted. "
(Recite in the morning.)

Please, I am not saying that, with the above prayers, you will be suddenly be rich. But, Allah will continues to open up ways for your worldly provision. But, you need to be contented with whatever Allah provides for you, plan with it and be thankful and always praising Him for the good and bad that mighty comes you way and be steadfast.

Please, you do not need to leave the religion of Islam because of worldly things. One day you will die and what will you tell Allah, that you abandon the worship of Him because of dunya (worldly things) when He had already told us that He is going test us.

So, I wish you the best in all your efforts to move closer to Allah.

Maa Salam
Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by vedaxcool(m): 1:45pm On May 07, 2015
kuss:
My brother, it's foolishness to be shameful of what is gainful, I was a Muslim like you wandering through the wilderness of life until i met Jesus, Satan knows where your solution is and he will do everything to make sure you don't get there.
It's foolishness to keep doing the same thing and expect different result.
Come to Jesus he will set you free
Forget what anybody would say, it's your life. Read john 10:10
God bless u.

The same Jesus who you christians allege shouted "my god my god why have thou forsaken me"

2 Likes

Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by thesource(m): 6:18pm On May 07, 2015
Trustworthiness:
Salam alaikum my brother in Islam.

Allah has informed us in the Holy Qur’ân that He is going to test us. The test is not limited to anything. He can test us with joblessness, wealth, poverty, children, barrenness, position, physical disabilities etc. They more you move closer to Allah, the more the test from him. But, Allah has promised us that He is not going to test us with what we can not bare. That is, He is not going to place on us any burden beyond our capacity.

Their are a lots of Christians out there without job. Even, she that introduced you to her pastor, if she is not a graduate, why is she not. Did she need another second Jesus in her life or she has not given her life to Jesus.

She sees what may seems to be your problem, which in the real sense is not a problem, but a shallow way most Nigerians think. Not getting a job nor working as a slave in another man's company does not mean you cannot create a job for yourself. This days, people prefer to have acquired some skills before graduating from school. I knew a lot of guys who did not even border to look for nor apply for a job after graduation. They start their own business through the knowledge they have acquired before graduating.

We Nigerians just need to change our orientation about what is called a job. To me, a job is what can earn me money and legal by the law of the country.

So my brother, you do not have any problem. The scarcity of job in the country is not by factor of being a muslim or a christian, but by bad governance and bad economic policies that is being contributed by our own bad way of life that is not in consonant with Allah's commandments.

I will recommend to you some prayers. But you to have to uphold your duty to Allah.

Try as much to recite Suras ul Wakia (Quran 56) daily. Preferably every morning.

Also, the following dual found in Hisnul Muslim.

"اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ عِلْماً نَافِعاً، وَ رِزْقاً طَيِّباً، وَ عَمَلاً مُتَقَبَّلا"

"Allaahumma 'innee 'as'aluka 'ilman naafi'an, wa rizqan tayyiban, wa 'amalan mutaqabbalan."

"O Allah, I ask You for knowledge that is of benefit, a good provision, and deeds that will be accepted. "
(Recite in the morning.)

Please, I am not saying that, with the above prayers, you will be suddenly be rich. But, Allah will continues to open up ways for your worldly provision. But, you need to be contented with whatever Allah provides for you, plan with it and be thankful and always praising Him for the good and bad that mighty comes you way and be steadfast.

Please, you do not need to leave the religion of Islam because of worldly things. One day you will die and what will you tell Allah, that you abandon the worship of Him because of dunya (worldly things) when He had already told us that He is going test us.

So, I wish you the best in all your efforts to move closer to Allah.

Maa Salam
what a great comment, i'm very very appreciative of this, thank you so much, jazaka lahu khairan. But, what i need now is Tahjud prayers, i really want to be observing tahjud prayers, i'll be very grateful if you can recommend some special tahjud prayers to me. Thanks once again
Re: How I Nearly Became A Christian Yesterday by kazlaw2000: 10:19pm On May 07, 2015
thesource:
what a great comment, i'm very very appreciative of this, thank you so much, jazaka lahu khairan. But, what i need now is Tahjud prayers, i really want to be observing tahjud prayers, i'll be very grateful if you can recommend some special tahjud prayers to me. Thanks once again
Also remember to be calling on Allaah as many times as possible e.g you can be saying Yaa Mughniy everytime.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A sincere Apology to all Nairaland Muslims / Seeking Closeness To Our Lord / Boonaa Mohammed - Jesus Talks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.